Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4535727 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #34470 on: June 06, 2023, 03:03:27 PM »

Skated these unbleached Dunks all winter, and in April and May. I switched out the stock insole for the React insole that was in the pair of Ishods I had. There's no doubt that it's an excellent shoe, I was concerned the toebox would be too round for me but it worked out.

Now skating these 1010s, first pair I've ever had. They really do live up to the comfort hype, and again I was worried about the round toebox but my flick's been solid in them. Looking forward to seeing how they'll hold up for the next two months or so.

overwaxed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #34471 on: June 06, 2023, 03:14:04 PM »

Daddy's first (skate) half cabs - I had OG's way back in the day but I was young and really into heel bruises - now they're the best shoes I've ever stepped on a board in. It took a year of skating in nb# 440's to get my legs and feet ready for vulcs.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #34472 on: June 07, 2023, 08:04:33 AM »

this version (92) is such dogshit.  i have a ton of room in the toe, but there is so much padding in the tongue, and the insoles are so thick, I can barely get my foot in.  After 15-30 mins my foot starts to go numb and cramp up.  I'm really hoping they'll break in, because I think they look great, but I'm about to leave them on top of a trash can.

half cabs in 1992 were not like this
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
« Reply #34473 on: June 07, 2023, 08:33:54 AM »

this version (92) is such dogshit.  i have a ton of room in the toe, but there is so much padding in the tongue, and the insoles are so thick, I can barely get my foot in.  After 15-30 mins my foot starts to go numb and cramp up.  I'm really hoping they'll break in, because I think they look great, but I'm about to leave them on top of a trash can.

I had this shoe (got another pair on ice), and they broke in and skated fine, but that tongue is insane. It shredded to bits before the toe even started wearing away, something I have never experienced with another shoe including other Half-Cab 92 colorways. I don't even know if I wanna skate my second pair over how annoying the tongue was.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #34474 on: June 07, 2023, 08:45:35 AM »
seriously debating just cutting them off like you would with a pair of Busenitz', but I know the loose foam + summer heat is gonna drive me crazy
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
« Reply #34475 on: June 07, 2023, 08:49:47 AM »
Yeah, the foam is obnoxious. I like well-worn shoes but the way the tongue ripped was just a bummer to look at. My shop just got a pair of the olive ones that are just a tinge darker and I kinda wanna just get those instead.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34476 on: June 07, 2023, 09:06:56 AM »

The new Classic pair of Half Cabs I have on right now fit way differently to the older Classic pairs I am used to, so who knows what is going on in production or if they are making changes or changes are just happening to reduce materials, but the newer ones all feel way smaller overall than older ones.  I always strip out the glued in footbed and put some old pro insoles in Classics more than using the Pro or Skate range, but it sometimes takes a while and can still be quite a pain if the footbed is really hard to get up.

On the insole side of things, I usually always swap out the insoles for other ones I find more comfortable, but what I always say to others who buy the pro / skate range is put in your old insole in the new shoes, which will make the new shoe feel a lot better right away, then when the shoe is starting to wear a bit, put the new insole in and it gives it a bit more life towards the end of the sole.

My old worn in insoles make these Classic Half Cabs or any other shoe feel way more like a nicely broken in pair, rather than very uncomfortable right from go and then take a while to break in, so they are pretty much just right from the first time I put them on.  I know the Skate range is stiffer but it definitely helps with most new shoes, from what others have said when they tried old worn insoles in new shoes too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 823
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #34477 on: June 07, 2023, 09:10:16 AM »
Keeping up with the green theme, I picked up some green grass Telfords. They feel pretty solid. Def gonna require some break in time before skating.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1061
« Reply #34478 on: June 07, 2023, 09:16:52 AM »
Keeping up with the green theme, I picked up some green grass Telfords. They feel pretty solid. Def gonna require some break in time before skating.

I had 3-4 pairs of the high tops in a row. The sole tread will wear out before the leather but beware of lack of board feel for the first few sessions. Similar to Dunks.

DERBY

• Rep: 250
« Reply #34479 on: June 07, 2023, 09:35:30 AM »

Daddy's first (skate) half cabs - I had OG's way back in the day but I was young and really into heel bruises - now they're the best shoes I've ever stepped on a board in. It took a year of skating in nb# 440's to get my legs and feet ready for vulcs.

nice cabs and beautiful mustang 😍

animalflesh

« Reply #34480 on: June 07, 2023, 10:56:09 AM »
One more for the green

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34481 on: June 07, 2023, 12:31:09 PM »
Feels great to finally have new skate shoes

Adidas Tyshawn mid, these are the ones with the suede on the toe that's featured on the Tyshawn low. I hope this version of the Tyshawn keeps getting released, I like how the suede addition looks and it should definitely be a lot more durable in that area.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #34482 on: June 07, 2023, 01:47:16 PM »
Fresh pair of NB# 508s with some Jersey wildfire haze

Also finally breaking out this pair of 868s I mentioned in the NB thread I've been hoarding in my closet. NB# are really the best of the best.

Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #34483 on: June 07, 2023, 01:55:17 PM »
Fresh pair of NB# 508s with some Jersey wildfire haze

Also finally breaking out this pair of 868s I mentioned in the NB thread I've been hoarding in my closet. NB# are really the best of the best.

868 would be the perfect skate shoe with a different sole pattern
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 02:19:05 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #34484 on: June 07, 2023, 01:59:30 PM »
@moonordie Yeah I only stepped outside for the pic and walked like 20 feet and it's indeed a pebble magnet.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

DakotaRed

• Rep: 23
« Reply #34485 on: June 07, 2023, 05:54:17 PM »

Adidas Tyshawn mid, these are the ones with the suede on the toe that's featured on the Tyshawn low. I hope this version of the Tyshawn keeps getting released, I like how the suede addition looks and it should definitely be a lot more durable in that area.

Look good! How's the sizing on the mids?

pops

• Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34486 on: June 07, 2023, 09:05:26 PM »

Those look really nice. I haven't had Adidas shoes in years but have always wanted to try Tyshawn's shoe. I hear those are narrow, though.  ???

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #34487 on: June 07, 2023, 09:47:47 PM »
I wanna wear halfcabs but I don't wanna look like cab.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
« Reply #34488 on: June 07, 2023, 10:40:41 PM »
Expand Quote
snip.
[close]

Look good! How's the sizing on the mids?

Expand Quote
snip
[close]

Those look really nice. I haven't had Adidas shoes in years but have always wanted to try Tyshawn's shoe. I hear those are narrow, though.  ???

These fit TTS for me, but they are snug and narrow so I'd definitely recommend trying them on in person. But as they break in, they'll stretch and feel a bit more roomy.

DakotaRed

• Rep: 23
« Reply #34489 on: June 08, 2023, 05:51:00 AM »
@yourbreakfsat Thanks for the info! I have the lows and I love em but my regular size is a tad roomy and a half size down would be too small. Some colorways of the mids, including yours, are on sale on CCS fyi... Your signature always makes me think of Lex Fridman.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #34490 on: June 08, 2023, 08:48:51 AM »
Gotta get my aught-3 on brah

Real shit though, I have wide-adjacent feet and so many skate shoes are borderline unbearable. DCs have always been super comfy out the box

eSK3

« Reply #34491 on: June 08, 2023, 10:03:56 AM »
Bruh 🫣🫢🤢🤮

overwaxed

• Rep: 92
« Reply #34492 on: June 08, 2023, 10:28:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

nice cabs and beautiful mustang 😍

Thanks! the mustang is a squier from the golden era a few years back when they were decidedly better than low end fenders. I love playing it, and it looks silly on my 6'1" self!

Cesspool86

• Rep: 60
« Reply #34493 on: June 08, 2023, 05:09:34 PM »

Don't lace them all the way up and pair with your freshest pants. Never lets me down.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #34494 on: June 08, 2023, 08:04:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't lace them all the way up and pair with your freshest pants. Never lets me down.

New tongues are insane and stick up weirdly unless you lash those bad boys down

Cesspool86

• Rep: 60
« Reply #34495 on: June 09, 2023, 02:59:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

New tongues are insane and stick up weirdly unless you lash those bad boys down

I like the super dope tongue look haha.  I do agree with others who have said the chive 92 half cab is different though

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #34496 on: June 09, 2023, 07:04:26 AM »

opesorry

• Rep: 21
« Reply #34497 on: June 09, 2023, 07:59:23 AM »

I want this color way so fucking bad

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #34498 on: June 09, 2023, 08:10:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I lucked out and got them on sale for 50. Been wanting to try to skate a pair sjnce everyone has good things to say about them.

opesorry

• Rep: 21
« Reply #34499 on: June 09, 2023, 08:36:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I lucked out and got them on sale for 50. Been wanting to try to skate a pair sjnce everyone has good things to say about them.

That’s the dream. I got lucky the same way with these ones which I also desperately wanted but haven’t skated them yet. Honestly I personally look terrible in them but I love them so much I don’t care