Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525302 times)

Hash Slinging Slasher and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #34410 on: May 21, 2023, 04:55:37 AM »

This might almost seem like a very common / repeat occurrence, but from seeing a couple of people with the black / white basics with black laces, it brought out a new wave of madness, so I changed over some other shoes to now have black laces too.

Couldn't help myself, you could say.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #34411 on: May 21, 2023, 08:38:03 AM »

This might almost seem like a very common / repeat occurrence, but from seeing a couple of people with the black / white basics with black laces, it brought out a new wave of madness, so I changed over some other shoes to now have black laces too.

Couldn't help myself, you could say.

I love new authentics with fresh white laces, but once they start to get grungy I love swapping to black. Black laces with the white accents and eyelets is just *chefs kiss*

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #34412 on: May 22, 2023, 10:10:33 AM »

These make Dunks feel like Last Resorts but I’m rolling with them.  First time skating a pair…

eSK3

« Reply #34413 on: May 22, 2023, 10:24:23 AM »

These make Dunks feel like Last Resorts but I’m rolling with them.  First time skating a pair…

Glad you copped! They are way more comfortable than most. I definitely LOL’d at the comparison.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34414 on: May 22, 2023, 12:15:24 PM »

Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #34415 on: May 22, 2023, 04:18:30 PM »
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Fifty8mm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #34416 on: May 22, 2023, 09:54:25 PM »

I've skated more shell toes than any other shoe. Best shoe to flick with once you get used to it.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #34417 on: May 23, 2023, 05:31:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've skated more shell toes than any other shoe. Best shoe to flick with once you get used to it.

skating the sam narvaez pro model colorway right now!

Never been big on toecaps but these work quite good so far and my flick is on point pretty quick with these- wish they kept them in the regular line up

Homie looking cool as fuck in them with the brown cords  8)

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #34418 on: May 23, 2023, 08:38:45 AM »

I skated in my pretty beat old t-19 dunk hi's the other day and had a similar thought. They feel all floppy and thin compared to my Tiagos. Grateful for the Tiago's because my body is so broken.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 09:02:47 AM by yourfuckingdad »

eSK3

« Reply #34419 on: May 23, 2023, 08:48:13 AM »

Uncomfortable asf. Hoping a few wears of a few hours at a time break these in.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34420 on: May 23, 2023, 09:29:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Never been big on toecaps but these work quite good so far and my flick is on point pretty quick with these- wish they kept them in the regular line up

These are actually the non-skate ones, with the only real difference I can discern being the puffy tongue. I have/had a pair of the vulc Tyshawn ones a few years back, skated good and actually preferred the thin tongue on them. But the price difference just isn't worth the thin tongue justification for me, I can get original pro models for like $20 on eBay all day.

And yeah, brown cords have never gone out of the rotation during my tenure on Slap, just classic.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

Frontside Slappy

• Rep: 91
  • Somewhere in a parking garage
« Reply #34421 on: May 23, 2023, 11:03:30 AM »

Grabbed a pair of 990v3s, these are by far the lightest and comfiest shoes I've ever owned.

Love the colorways they've been putting out on them too! Teddy Santis is doing everything right with the made in USA line.
"That was a clean one." -Werner Herzog

eSK3

« Reply #34422 on: May 23, 2023, 11:16:02 AM »
Made in USA been amazing since day 1, NB just never had the visibility it has these days. I started wearing made in USA NBs just over a decade ago. Best casual shoes ever.

Pastasash

• Rep: 61
« Reply #34423 on: May 23, 2023, 11:17:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I skated in my pretty beat old t-19 dunk hi's the other day and had a similar thought. They feel all floppy and thin compared to my Tiagos. Grateful for the Tiago's because my body is so broken.

you're also comparing a dunk that came out almost 20 years ago, to a much newer released shoe. I skated my T-19s a couple of years ago, and minus the slight sole separation due to its age (easily fixed with lots of shoe goo/super glue)  they skated fine for me. It's such an underrated dunk colorway.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

These are actually the non-skate ones, with the only real difference I can discern being the puffy tongue. I have/had a pair of the vulc Tyshawn ones a few years back, skated good and actually preferred the thin tongue on them. But the price difference just isn't worth the thin tongue justification for me, I can get original pro models for like $20 on eBay all day.

And yeah, brown cords have never gone out of the rotation during my tenure on Slap, just classic.

I skated a non skate line pair of pro models recently just like the one you're wearing and was loving it until the outsoles slowly started legit chipping away chunk by chunk, it was a pretty old pair but didn't think it would deteriorate that badly from low impact skating. Had to toss em as it was just asking to get an injury.

The Navarez pair is now on my list, need another good hightop adidas cupsole in my rotation!

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #34424 on: May 23, 2023, 02:24:17 PM »

Grabbed a pair of 990v3s, these are by far the lightest and comfiest shoes I've ever owned.

Love the colorways they've been putting out on them too! Teddy Santis is doing everything right with the made in USA line.

V3 Def my fav.. I have some made in USA that I bought 6 years ago and if they weren't dirty from trail hikes they'd be good as new. Best shoes ever.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34425 on: May 23, 2023, 05:01:47 PM »

If you try your old insole in them, it might help a bit.

I have often done that, even other brand insole, just to help get your foot used to new shoes, but the Skate range are a lot stiffer and take a bit more time to wear in.

Also I found although that particular shoe fits me well, some of the other styles don't fit at all, so between different people, some shoes will fit better than others.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

eSK3

« Reply #34426 on: May 24, 2023, 02:43:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have often done that, even other brand insole, just to help get your foot used to new shoes, but the Skate range are a lot stiffer and take a bit more time to wear in.

Also I found although that particular shoe fits me well, some of the other styles don't fit at all, so between different people, some shoes will fit better than others.

Good idea, gonna try to swap out the insole for a thinner one so I don’t get pinch where my big toe bends.

Wizard0f0dds

« Reply #34427 on: May 24, 2023, 07:56:12 AM »

What pants are those? The fit looks great

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 302
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #34428 on: May 24, 2023, 09:03:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They're Polar 93's! definitely lurk mltd when they have major sales as they carry a lot of Polar stuff

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #34429 on: May 24, 2023, 10:09:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
They're Polar 93's! definitely lurk mltd when they have major sales as they carry a lot of Polar stuff

Cosign on the 93's, I have a pair and I like them a lot. Comfortable waist and thigh and then a taper to the ankle. Good skate jeans

Wizard0f0dds

« Reply #34430 on: May 24, 2023, 10:12:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks! I would've guessed 92's, they seem more tapered than the 93's I had.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #34431 on: May 24, 2023, 12:50:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Good idea, gonna try to swap out the insole for a thinner one so I don’t get pinch where my big toe bends.

I have this same fucking problem on the sk8 hi's I bought recently. This is my first pair of vans since they revamped the line. Never had this issue with Vans in the past.

I'll give the insoles a try. I do love the pro cush insoles

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 302
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #34432 on: May 24, 2023, 03:53:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Thanks! I would've guessed 92's, they seem more tapered than the 93's I had.
it may just be the camera angle and how i was sitting whenever i took that picture. I haven't tried on the 92's but I don't think I would want any more taper. I also enjoy the fit of the Theories Plaza jeans if you've seen those. Pretty similar to Polar 93's but cheaper! Quality is nice imo but obviously not as nice as the Polar made in Poland stuff.

Cesspool86

• Rep: 55
« Reply #34433 on: May 24, 2023, 05:19:38 PM »

I wish they would make all eras without the line around the foxing tape

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #34434 on: May 24, 2023, 06:17:57 PM »
try the emerica g2 insoles in the sk8 lows.

They saved my kyle walkers w the terrible ultracush
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

• Rep: 3
« Reply #34435 on: May 24, 2023, 10:46:21 PM »
carhartt dunks, 2 pairs deadstock 11

rightnow rocking accels tho

suhdude

• Rep: 10
« Reply #34436 on: May 25, 2023, 02:19:06 AM »

Lovely shape and colour way. I bought the 990v6's and they are mega comfy, my first ever pair of NB's.

eSK3

« Reply #34437 on: May 25, 2023, 07:56:27 AM »

Gotta treat some injuries so no skating for 30 days to start and no skate shoes either. Get ready for the month long posts of non skate shoes. Gonna be doing airmax and NB runners heavy this next month.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #34438 on: May 25, 2023, 02:57:13 PM »

Gotta treat some injuries so no skating for 30 days to start and no skate shoes either. Get ready for the month long posts of non skate shoes. Gonna be doing airmax and NB runners heavy this next month.

What air maxes are those

eSK3

« Reply #34439 on: May 25, 2023, 05:29:11 PM »
It’s called the Nike airmax system. Budget level airmax that’s actually comfortable.