Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4568219 times)

chumlee

Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #20520 on: October 02, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bet ya haven't seen these in a while
*Angus*
[close]

Damn, used to skate the shit out of those, they lasted forever. I skated them maybe 4 years ago for a month, and gave them to some other dude who skated them a month too.
[close]
I lucked out and found them brand new for 50 bucks.  I want to skate them but im hooked on these ba's
[close]

How are they?  You told me you ordered them at the spot a couple weeks back.  Im looking into a pair.  Just got some janoskis though
Is this eric?  I've been skating the grey ba's for about a month now and they're the shit!  I got the black ones on deck.  I'll be back home for the fundraiser in a couple weeks to shred the gnarski

Slappy_Happy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
« Reply #20521 on: October 02, 2013, 05:44:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
*Angus*
[close]

Damn, used to skate the shit out of those, they lasted forever. I skated them maybe 4 years ago for a month, and gave them to some other dude who skated them a month too.
[close]
I lucked out and found them brand new for 50 bucks.  I want to skate them but im hooked on these ba's
[close]

How are they?  You told me you ordered them at the spot a couple weeks back.  Im looking into a pair.  Just got some janoskis though
[close]
Is this eric?  I've been skating the grey ba's for about a month now and they're the shit!  I got the black ones on deck.  I'll be back home for the fundraiser in a couple weeks to shred the gnarski

Nah Its Walter haha.  I got the cheetah grip on the top half of my board.  Im tall and skinny.  Idk those are my defining characteristics I guess haha.  You were skating those black and gold ADV's and telling me how you like em.  Idk if you remember.  we have met a couple times.
the evidence seems to be in the highwaters.

chumlee

« Reply #20522 on: October 02, 2013, 05:51:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
*Angus*
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Nah Its Walter haha.  I got the cheetah grip on the top half of my board.  Im tall and skinny.  Idk those are my defining characteristics I guess haha.  You were skating those black and gold ADV's and telling me how you like em.  Idk if you remember.  we have met a couple times.
ooooohhh yeah i remember, my bad.  I assumed eric because you're name is slappy haha.  Nice to see some syracuse presence on slap, homie.

Slappy_Happy

« Reply #20523 on: October 02, 2013, 07:31:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
*Angus*
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
ooooohhh yeah i remember, my bad.  I assumed eric because you're name is slappy haha.  Nice to see some syracuse presence on slap, homie.

Nah, I just like slappies.  Yeah, I'm liking Slap a lot.  Its great

ZEBRA

« Reply #20524 on: October 02, 2013, 08:36:25 PM »
Best shoe ive skated hands down, and I just bought them today. Well see how they last.

This also what I'm wearing.

I've been wearing them to work the last few months and just now started skating them. Not bad so far. Wish I would have just skated them right from the get-go.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 12:47:54 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #20525 on: October 02, 2013, 11:54:42 PM »
Yeah, I'm liking Slap a lot.  Its great

This struck me as funny for some reason...

wheee!

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #20526 on: October 03, 2013, 08:46:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Best shoe ive skated hands down, and I just bought them today. Well see how they last.

[close]

I've been wearing them to work the last few months and just now started skating them. Not bad so far. Wish I would have just skated them right from the get-go.

Really? I always wear new shoes around for a few weeks before skating them to break them in. Do you think the G6's somehow would skate better without breaking them in? (I'm about a week into the break-in period on a pair right now.)

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #20527 on: October 03, 2013, 09:57:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Yeah, I'm liking Slap a lot.  Its great
[close]

This struck me as funny for some reason...
It is pretty great. I remember before when id see skate threads on other sites, but its nice to have this dedicated forum

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
« Reply #20528 on: October 03, 2013, 10:44:51 AM »
frankenstein'd this Vans x Lunarlon collabo by removing both the white and black portions of the stock insole:

Also, this pair of Half Cabs seems like crap for quality...the sidewall/sole is coming off in chunks after an hour session and the waffle grip is a weird color (i.e. not "pure" gum).  Although it pains me, I'm unlikely to purchase anymore Vans.  I still have a couple pairs (of good quality) I'll likely skate at some point, but not gonna waste the $$ anymore. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 11:58:38 AM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

Dr Steve Brule

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
« Reply #20529 on: October 03, 2013, 12:31:22 PM »
frankenstein'd this Vans x Lunarlon collabo by removing both the white and black portions of the stock insole:

Also, this pair of Half Cabs seems like crap for quality...the sidewall/sole is coming off in chunks after an hour session and the waffle grip is a weird color (i.e. not "pure" gum).  Although it pains me, I'm unlikely to purchase anymore Vans.  I still have a couple pairs (of good quality) I'll likely skate at some point, but not gonna waste the $$ anymore. 

I have also had some bad experience with vans recently.  My Old Skools outsole broke into pieces just like yours.  I'm pretty bummed.
For Your Health

JBones

• Rep: -88
« Reply #20530 on: October 03, 2013, 12:46:26 PM »

Also, this pair of Half Cabs seems like crap for quality...the sidewall/sole is coming off in chunks after an hour session and the waffle grip is a weird color (i.e. not "pure" gum).  Although it pains me, I'm unlikely to purchase anymore Vans.  I still have a couple pairs (of good quality) I'll likely skate at some point, but not gonna waste the $$ anymore.  

I'm with you dude. I'm all Lakai or Emerica these days because of those reasons.
I've worn Vans since they were made in USA pre-94 when they went overseas, and through the years the quality was ok.
But within the last 5 years they rubber they have used is of a horrible brittle quality.
The soles go bald and then go through in 1/4 of the time as they used to.
The sidewall rubber just flakes off on the griptape, it used to just smear away and burn away, now it cakes off.
Vans the name does good things for skateboarding, but VF Corp that owns Vans is still an evil corporation out to make profit.
Cheaper labor, cheaper materials and still the price of Vans keeps going up and up. Fuck Vans...fuck them in the ass!
Support the skater owned brands and let the yuppies keep Vans.
It's sad cuz they have good looking shoes too. Oh well.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 01:06:01 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #20531 on: October 03, 2013, 12:54:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have also had some bad experience with vans recently.  My Old Skools outsole broke into pieces just like yours.  I'm pretty bummed.

I'll pile on - I wore my Elijah berle sk8-hi's when I was cleaning the gutters out last weekend. I was up on the roof for like 6 hours getting wet and dirty. I took my shoes off when I was done - my socks were so jet black i just threw them out and my fucking feet were stained...STAINED from the cheap shitty dyes they use. It took like 3 or 4 days for the shit to wash off my feet.

I like vans a lot - but I think i'll be taking a long ass break from them as well...

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20532 on: October 03, 2013, 01:03:43 PM »
last pair of vans i had went bald as fast as my emericas. just that i was skating my emericas for 4 weeks, and wearing the vans for walking around...

its a shame, they have so many riders i would be stoked to support.

Slappy_Happy

« Reply #20533 on: October 03, 2013, 02:29:04 PM »
My Era Pro's I had were the best shoes I've ever skated.  They didn't last as long as I would have wanted but they were so good.

On the other hand my Elijah Berle Old Skools are bald within 2 weeks and they don't feel as good as other vans.  I think its the material they used for the camo grip design.  Im taking a break from vans.  Gonna skate some CTS and Lakai Marc's next. 

But I do wear vans for chillers.  Slip ons are my favorite

BraveUlysses

« Reply #20534 on: October 03, 2013, 02:35:41 PM »
My Era Pro's I had were the best shoes I've ever skated.  They didn't last as long as I would have wanted but they were so good.

On the other hand my Elijah Berle Old Skools are bald within 2 weeks and they don't feel as good as other vans.  I think its the material they used for the camo grip design.  Im taking a break from vans.  Gonna skate some CTS and Lakai Marc's next.  

But I do wear vans for chillers.  Slip ons are my favorite
NO it's because new vans straight up fucking suck! I've feel like I've said this a lot especially in this thread but more people need to know to stick with OG Vans if they're gonna buy Vans to skate in. My goddamn TNT 5's were going bald after 2 hours.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 02:37:14 PM by BraveUlysses »

Daniel

• Rep: 1
« Reply #20535 on: October 03, 2013, 03:38:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
had to get them

[close]

how much? I got the suede dark coffee ones for like $35, had to do it.
[close]
WHERE ARE YOU GUYS GETTING THESE?? ESPECIALLY FOR THAT CHEAP????
[close]
got mine on shoebacca when they were having the huge Gravis clearance sale once they went under. Picked up a pair of the leather Lowdown slip ons and Filter Duro's, all came out to $75
[close]

Mine were pretty expensive since gravis is a pretty exclusive brand here in Chile and the fact that is the first time they bring the cupsole version. They cost me 65.000 chilean pesos, thats about 128 dollars.
[close]
y donde las compraste en siete veinte? This shitty country its the most expensive ever

si las compre en sieteveinte jajaja, mas caras que la cresta, y tu quien eres?

ZEBRA

« Reply #20536 on: October 03, 2013, 04:28:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Really? I always wear new shoes around for a few weeks before skating them to break them in. Do you think the G6's somehow would skate better without breaking them in? (I'm about a week into the break-in period on a pair right now.)

Yeah, I think I would like them more if I skated them straight outta the box. I mean, if you've worn them for a week now, they're good to go anyways. They're really flexible and lightweight.

I wore them to work for about a couple weeks, then put them back in the box, cause I didn't want to wear them out. Got a bunch of blisters off and on at work for a few months wearing the few pairs of Eras I've got. Decided to go back to the G6's.

Been wearing the G6's for like 2-3 months now at work, and now they're just really worn in. Which seems great, but I guess that's just not what I'm used to.

Besides having the worn in feeling that I weirdly don't like, the heel on the inside is pretty worn and the padding and foam is all exposed. Also, the glue or adhesive or they use for the sole of the shoe is kinda shitty. Coming apart everywhere now that I'm skating them. Not too bad, but really annoying and disappointing.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #20537 on: October 03, 2013, 06:57:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I think I would like them more if I skated them straight outta the box. I mean, if you've worn them for a week now, they're good to go anyways. They're really flexible and lightweight.

I wore them to work for about a couple weeks, then put them back in the box, cause I didn't want to wear them out. Got a bunch of blisters off and on at work for a few months wearing the few pairs of Eras I've got. Decided to go back to the G6's.

Been wearing the G6's for like 2-3 months now at work, and now they're just really worn in. Which seems great, but I guess that's just not what I'm used to.

Besides having the worn in feeling that I weirdly don't like, the heel on the inside is pretty worn and the padding and foam is all exposed. Also, the glue or adhesive or they use for the sole of the shoe is kinda shitty. Coming apart everywhere now that I'm skating them. Not too bad, but really annoying and disappointing.
Right when the G6s came out there was a huge bad batch of them that basically fell apart, if you contact them I'm sure they'll send you a new pair. A couple people on here did that I think.
damn those yarys bout those squats

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #20538 on: October 03, 2013, 11:33:28 PM »
I skated my G6's the first day I bought them and they were great. Just bend them around alot and they'll be ready to go.

Randozzi

« Reply #20539 on: October 04, 2013, 08:33:11 AM »
skating the G6 right now, like 'em a lot. felt broken in from Jump St.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:06:50 AM by Randozzi »

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #20540 on: October 04, 2013, 08:38:43 AM »
have some reynolds mids at the moment, but really missing the g6's. might have to switch back next time around.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #20541 on: October 04, 2013, 11:02:04 AM »
My Era Pro's I had were the best shoes I've ever skated.  They didn't last as long as I would have wanted but they were so good.

On the other hand my Elijah Berle Old Skools are bald within 2 weeks and they don't feel as good as other vans.  I think its the material they used for the camo grip design.  Im taking a break from vans.  Gonna skate some CTS and Lakai Marc's next. 

i'm currently wearing era pros and i love them.  yeah they don't last too long, but vans NEVER have.  i don't buy all this 'the quality has gone downhill' stuff.. Vans are minimal and thin and uncomfortable, but for some people, like myself... well i skate better in shoes like that. 

CTS are a good second choice though... i liked skating in them.  they just don't grip the board like waffle grip.

if your soles are going bald in 2 hours you seriously must be doing the running man on your griptape.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #20542 on: October 04, 2013, 11:14:19 AM »
Dekline Tim Tim.
Shockingly this is what these look like after a month of skating. They've already out lasted my G6 that I had a couple shoes before this and will probably end up lasting another couple of weeks! Such an amazing shoe if you like low impact skating. Best board feel out of any shoe I've had in a long time, so if you like thin vulcs this is really your shoe. Perfect right out of the box with really good flick. The only minor complaint I have is the grip, it's a little bit slippery even right out of the box, but that's only if you skate parks like Stoner that are slippery to begin with. The grip did last a lot longer than I thought though. And I can't say enough about the durability of the upper, it's unbelievable how long it's lasted, I expected them to be trashed by this point. I did just pop on these laces though, because I completely went through a set before these.
Will write up another little review when I'm done skating them, but seriously if you like thin vulcs, this shoe is honestly your best option!

PS, the interior on this colorway is all leather so it's not the best summertime shoe.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:15:51 AM by sweat stains »
damn those yarys bout those squats

BraveUlysses

« Reply #20543 on: October 04, 2013, 11:19:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i'm currently wearing era pros and i love them.  yeah they don't last too long, but vans NEVER have.  i don't buy all this 'the quality has gone downhill' stuff.. Vans are minimal and thin and uncomfortable, but for some people, like myself... well i skate better in shoes like that. 

CTS are a good second choice though... i liked skating in them.  they just don't grip the board like waffle grip.

if your soles are going bald in 2 hours you seriously must be doing the running man on your griptape.
Nah I've skated probably around 5 or 6 pairs of Vans(all were either Sk8 hi's, half cabs, chukkas, or authentics) and the TNT 5's were the only ones that crapped out on me liked that. I treated the TNT's the same way I do every shoe but the shoe itself was just simply trash as all new Vans are. Haven't you seen what Chima's look like after 1 session?

Yu Dum

« Reply #20544 on: October 04, 2013, 11:20:31 AM »
Expand Quote
How are Busenitz Vulcs? I'm thinking about buying some but I heard something about the sole going bald quick.
[close]

Yeah the spot under your big toe has a different tread pattern than the rest of the sole and it goes bald quick as fuck compared to the rest of the sole.
This is true.
Also, I don't know if it was just me, but they hurt my feet quite a bit even while just walking in them.

Yu Dum

« Reply #20545 on: October 04, 2013, 11:22:14 AM »

Get the Lakai Marc's and you won't be disappointed.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #20546 on: October 04, 2013, 11:44:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Nah I've skated probably around 5 or 6 pairs of Vans(all were either Sk8 hi's, half cabs, chukkas, or authentics) and the TNT 5's were the only ones that crapped out on me liked that. I treated the TNT's the same way I do every shoe but the shoe itself was just simply trash as all new Vans are. Haven't you seen what Chima's look like after 1 session?

well to be honest i've never skated the TNT 5's... i didn't really like the way they felt when i tried them on.

personally i wish vans would stick with making nothing but SK8 hi's (or mids), half cabs, old skools, slip ons and era's and just cut every other shoe off their menu. 

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20547 on: October 04, 2013, 03:26:41 PM »
I'll just throw out my thoughts on some shoes mentioned in the last couple of pages:

G6s: Definitely a step up from Emerica's previous quality, but the sole went bald a little bit too quickly for my liking (since it's a cupsole, no grip means the shoe is done) and the upper (especially the toe) was a bit bigger than I anticipated (my fault, not emerica's).

Busenitz Vulcs: I got a hand-me-down pair of these, most of the tread was gone, but I found that the shoe still had a lot of grip.

No one mentioned them but you should all try out the Lakai Alvarez shoe.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Slappy_Happy

« Reply #20548 on: October 04, 2013, 05:27:42 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Get the Lakai Marc's and you won't be disappointed.

I know, I've been skating them on and off for a year now.  Still in good condition.  Lakai is doing good stuff lately

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #20549 on: October 04, 2013, 06:25:41 PM »
i dont know if this is the right place to ask. but i figure people reading this tread would be of more help.
i need some new shoes.. that are super comfortable. my feet are killing me. been skating some adidas boos n tits vulc with better insole.
but i was thinking of either getting.. the new, new balance stratford.. ot whatever its called.. or BAs nike shoes..
im looking for good skatability. but also comfort. just straight comfort.
and no. the reynolds are ugly.. id just get the upcoming westgate shoe if it was out. but its not.