Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525143 times)

cricketclub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31710 on: November 02, 2020, 08:57:57 AM »

Etnies Veer

These just came in the mail. I ordered them 1/2 size larger than my dunk size and I think that was the right choice but I am just a little unsure. They are narrow so I don’t think TTS would have worked. They do feel perhaps a tad long. They do have great heel lock though and my foot doesn’t move around. They look great and seem well made. They squeeked soo loud on hardwood before I walked on asphalt and concrete for a minute. That went away. Pretty sure I have noticed that on sole tech shoes before. Hope this shoe works out, and if it does, can be be a go to.

I just compared them with my Vans Ultrarange pro 2’s which were also kinda long and narrow (and required a 1/2 size up). These are more comfortable and have a better shape. Still would love to find a shoe that fits just like the dunk with great mid foot lock and plenty of boxy toe room.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #31711 on: November 02, 2020, 10:15:41 AM »

Kalis, Gorecki, and myself are getting our mop on today.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #31712 on: November 02, 2020, 10:45:00 AM »

Etnies Veer

These just came in the mail. I ordered them 1/2 size larger than my dunk size and I think that was the right choice but I am just a little unsure. They are narrow so I don’t think TTS would have worked. They do feel perhaps a tad long. They do have great heel lock though and my foot doesn’t move around. They look great and seem well made. They squeeked soo loud on hardwood before I walked on asphalt and concrete for a minute. That went away. Pretty sure I have noticed that on sole tech shoes before. Hope this shoe works out, and if it does, can be be a go to.

I just compared them with my Vans Ultrarange pro 2’s which were also kinda long and narrow (and required a 1/2 size up). These are more comfortable and have a better shape. Still would love to find a shoe that fits just like the dunk with great mid foot lock and plenty of boxy toe room.

I got the veer cup slips after somehow hurting the arch on my back foot. So I far I really enjoy them soles kinda stuff but was fine after a session or 2. Wearing them to work today see how they feel standing all day but I’m happy with them.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 11:27:41 AM by Murge »

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #31713 on: November 02, 2020, 10:49:28 AM »

Etnies Veer

I actually just got a pair of these also. I'm liking them a lot so far.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #31714 on: November 02, 2020, 11:00:44 AM »
Is there much difference between a Veer and an Accel Slim?

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #31715 on: November 02, 2020, 11:19:03 AM »

I haven't had the accel slim any time recently so IDK. The Michelin sole is probably the biggest difference. I would like to hear some input from others though, I wouldn't mind picking up a pair of accel slims in the future. to someone who has had both- are they the same sizing wise?
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Glurmpz

« Reply #31716 on: November 02, 2020, 12:46:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I haven't had the accel slim any time recently so IDK. The Michelin sole is probably the biggest difference. I would like to hear some input from others though, I wouldn't mind picking up a pair of accel slims in the future. to someone who has had both- are they the same sizing wise?

Have both. Not very similar.

Accel slims have a much thinner/more flexible sole, and tongue centering straps. The Veer feels a bit more bulky all around aside from the tongue. Accels also fit a half size small, Veers are true to size.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #31717 on: November 02, 2020, 02:28:51 PM »
Expand Quote

These came quick. Quality on the sole feels much better than a regular blazer , much better than a normal GT
[close]

Jealous. Are those the Polar cords that just came out too? I want both, but I'm in between jobs rn and can't justify spending  savings on them.

they are the polar surf cords, really nice, luckily didn't have to pay full price on them but I'd say they are worth their retail tag. very unique type of corduroy . skated these GT's the last two days and they have held up really well, the higher taping on the sole takes almost all of my flick so the suede hasn't been fucked up at all. really wish they'd toss this sole on all blazer models.

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31718 on: November 02, 2020, 06:42:57 PM »

Etnies Veer.

Have you tried the Legacy Slim?  I haven’t worn a dunk in ages but I love the Legacy Slim because this is exactly how they fit my feet.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #31719 on: November 02, 2020, 09:21:43 PM »

Yea, I know, try and contain your envy.

Are you an amateur wrestler?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #31720 on: November 03, 2020, 01:29:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Accel slims have a much thinner/more flexible sole, and tongue centering straps. The Veer feels a bit more bulky all around aside from the tongue. Accels also fit a half size small, Veers are true to size.
Sounds like you got these two backwards, but that's just me. Lol. Accel Slim (older and newer ones) are pretty much 100% TTS for me, while the Veer is half a size small. I had 6 Accel Slims and I always went 11 (my regular size), while I need 11.5 in Veer (also an 11.5 in Joslin and Maranas). Some people can get away with their normal size in the Veers but that toe box is stupid narrow if you don't go 0.5 up.

Also, a more appropriate comparison from what I have tried would be this:

- Veer & Accel Slim Plus (not the regular slim) or the reissued Contract (Kelly Hart, Asta, Wade D, Creager ones) those two es models are the closest to Veer, but the Veer has a thicker sole than both of those two. Not Lynx thick but enough to need you to break them in.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #31721 on: November 03, 2020, 05:42:41 AM »
My Accel Slims fit half a size small

Skoldbergscones

• Rep: 3
« Reply #31722 on: November 03, 2020, 05:57:38 AM »
Could be a foot width issue. I wear an 11 and found Accel slims were just a little too narrow in my normal size.

Glurmpz

« Reply #31723 on: November 03, 2020, 06:59:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Sounds like you got these two backwards, but that's just me. Lol. Accel Slim (older and newer ones) are pretty much 100% TTS for me, while the Veer is half a size small. I had 6 Accel Slims and I always went 11 (my regular size), while I need 11.5 in Veer (also an 11.5 in Joslin and Maranas). Some people can get away with their normal size in the Veers but that toe box is stupid narrow if you don't go 0.5 up.

- Veer & Accel Slim Plus (not the regular slim) or the reissued Contract (Kelly Hart, Asta, Wade D, Creager ones) those two es models are the closest to Veer, but the Veer has a thicker sole than both of those two. Not Lynx thick but enough to need you to break them in.

That's interesting to hear. I've had several pairs of the Accel Slim over the years, only one was a 10.5, and it killed my foot so much I had to give them to a friend. Unfortunately, the 11's get a tad too roomy once worked in, so even though I love that shoe, neither 10.5 or 11 really fits me right. It's better with the new insoles, but they would last me longer if the 10.5 was just a tad bigger. I'm gonna keep trying on the 10.5's incase one color fits better - that happens sometimes.

My Veer's are more than roomy enough right off the bat in 10.5. Shame I can't feel my board at all in them. Got the brown/gum and would love to skate them more but I prefer a thin cupsole with more boardfeel.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #31724 on: November 05, 2020, 03:27:19 PM »

These came quick. Quality on the sole feels much better than a regular blazer , much better than a normal GT

This photo made me want to buy these. Wish I hadn't slept on the drop. Didn't realize the higher taping until now as well, that is definitely a plus.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #31725 on: November 05, 2020, 09:17:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's interesting to hear. I've had several pairs of the Accel Slim over the years, only one was a 10.5, and it killed my foot so much I had to give them to a friend. Unfortunately, the 11's get a tad too roomy once worked in, so even though I love that shoe, neither 10.5 or 11 really fits me right. It's better with the new insoles, but they would last me longer if the 10.5 was just a tad bigger. I'm gonna keep trying on the 10.5's incase one color fits better - that happens sometimes.

My Veer's are more than roomy enough right off the bat in 10.5. Shame I can't feel my board at all in them. Got the brown/gum and would love to skate them more but I prefer a thin cupsole with more boardfeel.
Interesting! Maybe we just have different shaped feet from each other, which is totally likely/common.
Good point about insoles and colors on models. I had that happen with a pair of 11 KWalks that felt like a super snug 10.5 but other 11 Kwalks felt fine.
The Veers are a roomier shoe (TTS or half up) to me because the upper is not as padded as it looks, in spite of the paneling overlaps "looking bulky". However, the sole is interesting. It's thick but not that thick. It has some bounce to it but I never fully got the right connection between shoe and board with my pair. Something similar to what you experienced, where it never softened up in the right places to be ideally responsive. They felt like a worse version of the Marana, imo. It's a shoe that has potential for the right person/foot. It's back to Maranas and Joslins for me though.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #31726 on: November 06, 2020, 02:09:43 PM »

Go to chiller, air max 90s. Air Max 1 great too. If only skate shoes felt this good...
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #31727 on: November 07, 2020, 08:52:45 AM »

Tried to get a good picture of these Cons but Sydney wanted in... I've skated then for about 7 hours now. They're a nice thin mid top cupsole with nice arch support. The sole and the suede have both been really durable. I did super glue the seams around the chevron and toe because they looked they they would have blown out early on. Was thinking of jumping to one stars or LL but might just stay right here and get some more Fastbreaks.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #31728 on: November 07, 2020, 11:55:39 AM »

Tried to get a good picture of these Cons but Sydney wanted in... I've skated then for about 7 hours now. They're a nice thin mid top cupsole with nice arch support. The sole and the suede have both been really durable. I did super glue the seams around the chevron and toe because they looked they they would have blown out early on. Was thinking of jumping to one stars or LL but might just stay right here and get some more Fastbreaks.
The all black looks so dope! Also cute pup!

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #31729 on: November 08, 2020, 05:26:25 AM »

Still 440. Sunday morning.  Break in so good and last for my quick sessions but also daily wear. How’s everyone’s slap sponsored eBay steal pair going?

vegangangzta

« Reply #31730 on: November 08, 2020, 12:44:22 PM »

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #31731 on: November 08, 2020, 05:53:05 PM »
damn i could never be vegan

Yoshi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #31732 on: November 09, 2020, 01:06:35 AM »

Adidas Palace Pro, Chewy Cannon colourway. Got these for chilling in rather than to skate.

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #31733 on: November 09, 2020, 01:39:21 AM »
Tempted to actually skate these once they've been worn a bit.  Sole is a bit thick, but I think they might work out for low impact shits and giggles (and low impact is all I do anyways)

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #31734 on: November 09, 2020, 03:33:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thanks! She just turned 10. We rescued her at 2. She actually had her spleen removed 3 weeks ago and is finally back to her old self.

But the all black suede are awesome. Keep seeing cromer and sage skating all white with a green or red chevron. Would love to cop those especially if they're all leather.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #31735 on: November 09, 2020, 06:20:15 AM »
Skating the OG Gato's at the moment, wish they still made them like this as i'm not really a fan of the new version with the added panelling on the toe etc.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 62
« Reply #31736 on: November 09, 2020, 02:25:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Thanks! She just turned 10. We rescued her at 2. She actually had her spleen removed 3 weeks ago and is finally back to her old self.

But the all black suede are awesome. Keep seeing cromer and sage skating all white with a green or red chevron. Would love to cop those especially if they're all leather.
unfortunately i don’t believe they are :( all the fastbreaks i’ve seen around that are leather also have the shitty nylon that blows out in like 2 sessions. I hope they make more all suede color ways though!

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #31737 on: November 10, 2020, 08:57:15 AM »
Really happy with these. Gonna start skating them asap
Just got them yesterday but I’m wearing them at work so they are a little dirty already. The sole is surprisingly flexible.
They fit true to size for me.
Pretty sure this would be a great replacement for dunks.
I rode around on my board for a bit today and holy cow I totally forgot what board feel was, these have the most feel of any shoe I’ve skated this year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHau_oClZDs/?igshid=1wf7a2w323672
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHYGZIcl-EC/?igshid=14sict85cc6yd
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 05:00:49 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #31738 on: November 10, 2020, 09:31:04 AM »
Skating the OG Gato's at the moment, wish they still made them like this as i'm not really a fan of the new version with the added panelling on the toe etc.

Those shoes were fucking great. I miss those and the old Zoom FCs.

maxi-pad

• Rep: 23
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31739 on: November 10, 2020, 03:39:13 PM »

it’s the dylans fo today