Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4019421 times)

finknoos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -177
  • Typos here there and everywhere
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31950 on: November 18, 2020, 09:33:00 AM »

Dunk High Decon Doc Martin

Bummed I didn't pick up these to skate in. The deconstructed dunks are so much better. I bought the Soulland ones to chill in and can't being myself to skate in them as I will never find a pair again. Hopefully they will release more deconstructed ones sometime soon.

Richard Skidder

• Rep: 5
« Reply #31951 on: November 18, 2020, 05:07:12 PM »
I hear you, but one thing that Iíve come to realize is one day youíre going to look at the heel. Itís going to be walked off and angled. Youíll think to yourself ďman I could have skated these...Ē

Count Jackula

• Rep: 41
« Reply #31952 on: November 19, 2020, 05:53:48 AM »

ungzilla

• Rep: 373
« Reply #31953 on: November 19, 2020, 08:39:35 AM »
nice i see Ginkgo biloba, Platanus acerifolia, Liquidambar styraciflua, some species of Quercus, possiby Populus tremula? idk but i think you're in europe

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #31954 on: November 19, 2020, 09:02:27 AM »
nice i see Ginkgo biloba, Platanus acerifolia, Liquidambar styraciflua, some species of Quercus, possiby Populus tremula? idk but i think you're in europe

i have no idea if these are actual trees, but even if you made up those names, i'd be impressed nontheless

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1218
« Reply #31955 on: November 19, 2020, 09:57:32 AM »
I can't find fair priced AJ1s anywhere these days, would be stoked to skate a pair but not for $150+

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #31956 on: November 19, 2020, 10:15:32 AM »
I can't find fair priced AJ1s anywhere these days, would be stoked to skate a pair but not for $150+
low mids or highs?  I just sold a pair fo lows in the classifieds for $65.
Mids are the least sought after, retail $125. Leather pairs on nike.com
Low retail $90 and can be found on nike or eastbay/footlocker for $85-90
https://www.nike.com/w/mens-jordan-1-aj85gznik1?q=jordan%201

nonickname

• Rep: 23
« Reply #31957 on: November 19, 2020, 03:55:41 PM »

Since I'm trying not to look everything up online to use my limited brain every now and then - I'll say I know the Ginko, Quercus (Oak) and is the tremula trembling aspen? The others I have no clue - are they European species as the others just seem to be northern hemisphere (with the Ginko being used as a park tree due to its tolerance to dog urine).

And to stay on topic I'm about to retire my off-white Rowley Motorhead Vans. Still life up top but the sole is dying a quick death.

DarkPools

• Rep: 20
  • Love, Dirty Mike & The Boys
« Reply #31958 on: November 19, 2020, 07:01:49 PM »
Loving seeing the Knox 440 hi in the wild photos! Tempting me more and more to get a pair soon.

Retired some Maranas and may jump into these Joslin 2s or run some Kalis S that I have. On the fence on both since they both feel good!

Colt 45 Cannon

ramplocal

• Rep: 31
« Reply #31959 on: November 20, 2020, 02:40:23 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
low mids or highs?  I just sold a pair fo lows in the classifieds for $65.
Mids are the least sought after, retail $125. Leather pairs on nike.com
Low retail $90 and can be found on nike or eastbay/footlocker for $85-90
https://www.nike.com/w/mens-jordan-1-aj85gznik1?q=jordan%201
This for sure, i have been big on the mids lately, you can def find them for a good price if you look hard enough.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #31960 on: November 20, 2020, 04:50:09 AM »
Loving seeing the Knox 440 hi in the wild photos! Tempting me more and more to get a pair soon.

Retired some Maranas and may jump into these Joslin 2s or run some Kalis S that I have. On the fence on both since they both feel good!

Really curious about those Joslin 2. Are they huge or just like a dunk?

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #31961 on: November 20, 2020, 05:13:06 AM »
$24 CONS site pickup from a few weeks ago

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #31962 on: November 20, 2020, 06:32:11 AM »

Latest chiller pick up. Iíve been waiting for these to retro for a while.

This is fresh, my dood

DarkPools

« Reply #31963 on: November 20, 2020, 09:05:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Really curious about those Joslin 2. Are they huge or just like a dunk?
I have both. This may surprise some but the Joslin 2 actually looks/feels like a better (albeit slightly different) version of Dunks (at least to me). It's not a 1:1 dunk knock off but they can fill the gap of wanting a dunk since they're close enough.
Joslin 2 insole and sole feel WAY more comfortable than any of the Dunks I own. Sturdy but soft/flexible too.
They are not huge but have puff in the right places like Dunks do (tongue and collar). The forefoot is not as thin as a Dunk but feels just as responsive as a Dunk may be up there.

In short, it's a good alternative, not a replacement for a dunk.
Colt 45 Cannon

slutonparade

• Rep: 18
« Reply #31964 on: November 20, 2020, 09:27:36 AM »
Adidas Huf ZX500
Hope everyone has a comfy Friday

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 1
« Reply #31965 on: November 20, 2020, 11:49:10 AM »

Those Joslin II's look very nice, this is tempting.

I used to skate dunks a lot but being what they are now, I haven't skated a pair since last year. I still have a pair of the Dunk hi X NBA (Cavs colorway) but I won't be skating these, I try to keep them nice and clean.

I really enjoyed the last 2 pairs of Kalis S, bought 2 pairs at 70% off and they were very nice and comfy, especially for the price. Let me know how you like them when you've skated these Joslins, and how they compare to Maranas. Loved the Maranas I had a couple years back, but haven't skated a pair in a while. I have to skate high tops now, because I have an ankle that needs all the support it can get, and high tops give me that tiny bit of extra security that I won't roll my ankle as easily, although it probably doesn't change much at all...  :-\

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31966 on: November 21, 2020, 01:06:45 AM »

super tempted on these but never had nb numerics before so i have no clue about their sizing. What if i told you i'm a 9'5 in vans pros, and a 9 (most of the times) in adidas/sb? cheers!

sasha basta

• Rep: -6
« Reply #31967 on: November 21, 2020, 11:22:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

super tempted on these but never had nb numerics before so i have no clue about their sizing. What if i told you i'm a 9'5 in vans pros, and a 9 (most of the times) in adidas/sb? cheers!

I would say go your normal size for these. Im a size 10 and I wear my usual size for the Tiago pro model NB# and have a couple of other normal NB running/chiller shoes in a 10 and they all fit great!

Count Jackula

« Reply #31968 on: November 21, 2020, 03:44:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Iíd be a little confused because I thought Nikes ran small? I wear 10 in Vans, 10 in Adidas and 10 in most other shoes (9.5 in Cons). Iíd say if you have a regular fit go true to size, if your foot is narrow maybe go with the 9. But tbh I never heard of Adidas running bigger than Vans, or Nike for that matter.

P.s. these are my favorite shoes I can remember skating. I usually try something new each time but I think Iíll be sticking with these for a while.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 04:02:09 PM by Acky Jacky »

DarkPools

« Reply #31969 on: November 22, 2020, 11:32:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Iíd be a little confused because I thought Nikes ran small? I wear 10 in Vans, 10 in Adidas and 10 in most other shoes (9.5 in Cons). Iíd say if you have a regular fit go true to size, if your foot is narrow maybe go with the 9. But tbh I never heard of Adidas running bigger than Vans, or Nike for that matter.

P.s. these are my favorite shoes I can remember skating. I usually try something new each time but I think Iíll be sticking with these for a while.
Not to throw a wrench into this but I will anyway.
I had to 0.5 up in my 440s [Slap eBay colorway I got during the summer ;)] like I do with most NB# shoes. BUT, I'm TTS in almost all Nike, Vans, and Adidas, so maybe my foot is slightly wider compared to NB# lasts and that's why I 0.5 size up on almost everything (288, 533 v1 and v2, 868, 379, 255, 440)?
Also, I find it interesting that some people find Nikes run small when they've been nearly all TTS for me (cup and vulc)

Back on topic, I would say go 9.5, as well. If they feel slightly loose, you can always swap with a nicer insole (if you have them on hand) to see if that makes the fit more ideal. If not, hopefully returns are possible and you can try the 9 if 9.5 doesn't work out.
Colt 45 Cannon

Count Jackula

« Reply #31970 on: November 22, 2020, 01:54:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Not to throw a wrench into this but I will anyway.
I had to 0.5 up in my 440s [Slap eBay colorway I got during the summer ;)] like I do with most NB# shoes.

Also, I find it interesting that some people find Nikes run small when they've been nearly all TTS for me (cup and vulc)

Well not to throw another wrench in this, but I bought a pair of the Slap lowtop 440s in a size 10 (same as the 440 high). And I feel like those run slightly smaller than the 440 high. I have a wider foot too, and I felt like I couldnít even skate in the low top 440ís but I gave them about 6 sessions and they started to feel really good. That played into my decision to buy the size 10 in the high tops. The high tops have a more supple leather that breaks in instantly IMO.
I havenít had a Nike Skate shoe since my freshman year of high school (Iím 31) so Iím not qualified to speak on their sizing. Most of their non-skate shoes run a little narrow and I usually go a half size up.

TLDR; dude, wherever you buy your 440s try them on first or check about the return policy.  If you donít buy them, me and this other guy just confused the shit out of everyone for no reason.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
« Reply #31971 on: November 23, 2020, 12:38:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Converse Rival Mid
I got these from an outlet for basically nothing to see how they skate, first impression is very slippery but the look-down factor is sick.

[close]

These are really dope, great colorway as well.

Been seeing Kaue Cossa skating these a lot lately. Very interested to try a pair
It's only your local kook jock surfers who rag on bodyboarders, everyone else knows they charge.

Lukabrazi

• Rep: 58
« Reply #31972 on: November 23, 2020, 10:12:08 PM »

DC lynx Zero

Frank

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31973 on: November 24, 2020, 02:57:33 AM »
^

nice, looks way better on feet than on pics.

chris.

• Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31974 on: November 24, 2020, 05:08:40 AM »
Those do look nice. I had been tempted to use a 30% off code on the Lynx Zero but I wasn't crazy about the first colorways. There is a nice black/gum one now though. Hmmmm.

Glurmpz

« Reply #31975 on: November 24, 2020, 12:10:08 PM »
^

I had the opposite experience. They look nice in photos to me but we have them at the shop and they're like boots they're so bulky. You know how sometimes you can tell a shoe is a no-go literally the second your foot makes it all the way in? That was these. Couldn't take them off quick enough, which was a bummer because I used to love the lynx back in the day and was hoping these would actually be slimmer somehow, but no such luck. Make my feet look like a size 13.

Frank

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31976 on: November 24, 2020, 12:24:36 PM »
Expand Quote
^

[close]

I had the opposite experience. They look nice in photos to me but we have them at the shop and they're like boots they're so bulky. You know how sometimes you can tell a shoe is a no-go literally the second your foot makes it all the way in? That was these. Couldn't take them off quick enough, which was a bummer because I used to love the lynx back in the day and was hoping these would actually be slimmer somehow, but no such luck. Make my feet look like a size 13.

maybe i'm missing a frame of reference for comparison, but i'd thought they'd look fatter than this, or would have an even more squareish shape from the online pics i've seen. and then with feet it's also different again, although i guess not as much with a shoe with as much structural integrity as this.

not gonna lie, they would be too fat for me as well, but the wearer in the pic rocks em real nice imo.

Hyliannightmare

• Rep: -115
« Reply #31977 on: November 30, 2020, 02:01:14 PM »

from 2014

like 7 bucks for both pairs at the thrift. can't be mad

Lukabrazi

• Rep: 58
« Reply #31978 on: November 30, 2020, 02:25:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^

[close]

[close]

maybe i'm missing a frame of reference for comparison, but i'd thought they'd look fatter than this, or would have an even more squareish shape from the online pics i've seen. and then with feet it's also different again, although i guess not as much with a shoe with as much structural integrity as this.

not gonna lie, they would be too fat for me as well, but the wearer in the pic rocks em real nice imo.

they really aren't that fat. I'm going to need to break them in for skating for sure though as I'm not used to a cupsole that thick.

our local was having an anniversary sale last week with 20% off shoes. so these cost me $88 + tax. not bad for something I'd never thought I'd be able to purchase again let alone for under retail. by far my favorite dunk hi's this year.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #31979 on: November 30, 2020, 05:45:55 PM »
Berrics canteen just had those up for raffle tonight with some other dunks haha thatís awesome of your local, big score