Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4540150 times)

mrselfdestruct

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
  • fresh
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #35340 on: April 09, 2024, 05:31:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not wearing but wanted to post.... just bought the navy blue ct-iv. will post when delivered. super excited and a huge fan of how the tongue is connected to the sidewall of the shoes.
[close]

What year is it? Where did you get a ct-iv?
[close]
2024 is the current year but the re-issue of the shoe was in 2019 i think. ebay has some. one dude had a nice navy colorway for $100, told him i wanted to skate em and he got me for 55; nice guy.
[close]

pics or it didn't happen  ;D

wanna see them skated!!!

had those back in the day and they were huuuuuge even back then. stiff ass sole, primo guard made them unbareable
[close]
will post 2 day, haven't skated yet as the side of the sole started to some off, so some super glue fixed.

text font copy paste
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

JimmyFive

• Rep: 56
« Reply #35341 on: April 09, 2024, 10:46:52 PM »
You’re gonna want to superglue where these seems rip pretty quick, but enjoy, I’m onto my second pair. Stocked up and found 13 more and Amazon’s only lost one in the mail

+1 on the supergluing these seams. Only fault of the shoe. Surprised other co's don't do a slip cup variation.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #35342 on: April 10, 2024, 01:25:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not wearing but wanted to post.... just bought the navy blue ct-iv. will post when delivered. super excited and a huge fan of how the tongue is connected to the sidewall of the shoes.
[close]

[close]
2024 is the current year but the re-issue of the shoe was in 2019 i think. ebay has some. one dude had a nice navy colorway for $100, told him i wanted to skate em and he got me for 55; nice guy.
[close]

wanna see them skated!!!

had those back in the day and they were huuuuuge even back then. stiff ass sole, primo guard made them unbareable
[close]
will post 2 day, haven't skated yet as the side of the sole started to some off, so some super glue fixed.
[close]

text font copy paste

holy shit man, i don't remember them THAT puffy  :o

big respect on you skating them!

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
« Reply #35343 on: April 10, 2024, 05:27:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

wanna see them skated!!!

[close]
[close]

text font copy paste
[close]

holy shit man, i don't remember them THAT puffy  :o

big respect on you skating them!
defiently will, the sole is seperating on the sides, what should i do? these came out in 2019 so the glue is a lil old. should i super glue em on the sides? the thing i love MOS Tabout these is that the tounge is connected to the side of the shoe. crazy we still dont do this.

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
« Reply #35344 on: April 10, 2024, 05:39:06 AM »
Expand Quote
You’re gonna want to superglue where these seems rip pretty quick, but enjoy, I’m onto my second pair. Stocked up and found 13 more and Amazon’s only lost one in the mail
[close]

+1 on the supergluing these seams. Only fault of the shoe. Surprised other co's don't do a slip cup variation.
i super glue the seams on all skate shoes. hate when material starts seperating.

baegis

• Rep: 28
« Reply #35345 on: April 10, 2024, 01:56:09 PM »
Dunks and waiting for my root canal appointment

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35346 on: April 10, 2024, 11:13:58 PM »

Ouch, good luck man. 
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #35347 on: April 11, 2024, 08:22:09 AM »

haven't had a pair of eS since they folded. found these for $35 and decided to try something different from the nb#1010 i been skating.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35348 on: April 11, 2024, 11:54:35 AM »

when i first saw that colorway i fucking hated it so much.......seeing them more and more though they look hella good to me now. maybe was just the lighting on that first photo or was a sample wich wasn't the final/ production material in the beginning?

Anyway those are hot and i hope you gained some confidence wearing some dope shoes going into that appointment. hope it was as chill as can be too

mrselfdestruct

• fresh
« Reply #35349 on: April 12, 2024, 07:20:10 AM »

LeDave

• Rep: -14
    • Dave Le Photography avatar image
« Reply #35350 on: April 12, 2024, 12:29:32 PM »
Shoes lasting longer because I haven't been practicing my ollies as much. Just cruising around lately.

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #35351 on: April 12, 2024, 12:34:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

when i first saw that colorway i fucking hated it so much.......seeing them more and more though they look hella good to me now. maybe was just the lighting on that first photo or was a sample wich wasn't the final/ production material in the beginning?

Anyway those are hot and i hope you gained some confidence wearing some dope shoes going into that appointment. hope it was as chill as can be too

all of this.

good luck

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #35352 on: April 12, 2024, 09:38:48 PM »
Shoes lasting longer because I haven't been practicing my ollies as much. Just cruising around lately.

I honestly thought this was a screen cap from skate 3

Looking good my Dave

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #35353 on: April 13, 2024, 04:54:35 AM »

I just got my first pair of sb dunks since 08. I was going to get those but decided to get the black gum because I didn't think I could pull off that color. Now I regret not getting them.

baegis

• Rep: 28
« Reply #35354 on: April 13, 2024, 05:35:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks! It wasn't too bad. I didn't like those dunks either when i first saw the pics. After seeing them live i had to get them. Quality is also good. Thinking about getting another pair because they are sitting on shelfs :D

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35355 on: April 13, 2024, 07:26:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Thanks! It wasn't too bad. I didn't like those dunks either when i first saw the pics. After seeing them live i had to get them. Quality is also good. Thinking about getting another pair because they are sitting on shelfs :D

i need to check the gear crisis/ spending thread or whatever that is cause i now saw those dunks for like 90€ and straight up ordered them.....fuck me, man!

logjammin

• Rep: 336
« Reply #35356 on: April 14, 2024, 08:12:24 PM »
first time trying the cup version of the wino slip on and I’ll definitely buy more as long as it’s around. I pray emerica does whatever they have to do to keep the g6 midsole in production

Skating same shoe and color right now, tactics has them on sale. I wore them at work a few days to break them in and have skated them 3-4 sessions now and these are the best slip ons ever made. The Lakai Owens come in at a close 2nd for me, but these being a full cupsole with the G6 they have much better support.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #35357 on: April 14, 2024, 09:40:10 PM »

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35358 on: April 15, 2024, 12:14:23 PM »
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

guydog

• Rep: 9
« Reply #35359 on: April 16, 2024, 10:56:41 AM »
Expand Quote
first time trying the cup version of the wino slip on and I’ll definitely buy more as long as it’s around. I pray emerica does whatever they have to do to keep the g6 midsole in production

[close]

Skating same shoe and color right now, tactics has them on sale. I wore them at work a few days to break them in and have skated them 3-4 sessions now and these are the best slip ons ever made. The Lakai Owens come in at a close 2nd for me, but these being a full cupsole with the G6 they have much better support.

I love the Owens, and I love the slip cups.

Anxiety

• Rep: 46
« Reply #35360 on: April 17, 2024, 01:46:08 PM »

Skated shmoofoils for the first time today

They’re great, go on easy unlike wino slip ons but feel like skate shoes when you’re using them

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35361 on: April 17, 2024, 03:31:24 PM »

Skated shmoofoils for the first time today

They’re great, go on easy unlike wino slip ons but feel like skate shoes when you’re using them
how much do they stretch?
looking for some slips as chillers
but every brand i tried on was too narrow
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Anxiety

• Rep: 46
« Reply #35362 on: April 17, 2024, 05:38:11 PM »
They’re the same as all the other brands but after wearing a few times to walk and once to skate the suede has formed to my foot pretty well already

They were slightly too narrow at first and a little stiff but I can feel them taking shape

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -333
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35363 on: April 18, 2024, 01:37:38 PM »

They run a bit tight get a half size up if you can.
Dueces Bitch's

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #35364 on: April 18, 2024, 01:43:17 PM »

In my desperation to keep skating slip cups, I bought a pair a half size down as an experiment and I’m surprised I’m getting heel slip on one foot, I’ve got room up near the toes.

Should this go as I stretch out the suede?

nickelflip

• Rep: 4
« Reply #35365 on: April 19, 2024, 04:02:32 AM »
Emerica Servold. Been getting a lot of compliments on them. They run big though imo so I ordered another pair a half size down to skate without having heel slip or needing to wear thick socks. If you’re wearing them as a slip on, I’d say they are more secure on your foot than Romero’s or Figgy’s in the same size, but less secure than the wino slip.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #35366 on: April 19, 2024, 08:07:44 AM »
Emerica Servold. Been getting a lot of compliments on them. They run big though imo so I ordered another pair a half size down to skate without having heel slip or needing to wear thick socks. If you’re wearing them as a slip on, I’d say they are more secure on your foot than Romero’s or Figgy’s in the same size, but less secure than the wino slip.

So they’re replacing G6 with clittoral hoods?

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 617
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #35367 on: April 19, 2024, 08:15:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So they’re replacing G6 with clittoral hoods?

🤣 fuck man. Now I gotta explain to my girl why I am laughing.
IG: @flowterspace

DanRar009

• Rep: 53
« Reply #35368 on: April 20, 2024, 03:27:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

In my desperation to keep skating slip cups, I bought a pair a half size down as an experiment and I’m surprised I’m getting heel slip on one foot, I’ve got room up near the toes.

Should this go as I stretch out the suede?

Yeah I’d say it becomes more form fitting to your foot as you break it in more. Hell maybe even try another half size down? I’m usually a 12 in everything but emericas I have to go 11.5 to prevent the heel slip and foot moving side to side feeling. They’re pretty tight for the first session but really mold to my feet pretty quickly and feel more secure.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #35369 on: April 20, 2024, 03:41:14 AM »
I realised after a couple days of wearing them, the heel lining being so “new” wasn’t catching my sock yet.

Feels good now, even snagged another pair