Author Topic: Oh the joys of recent purchases.  (Read 767424 times)

wuust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Oh the joys of recent purchases.
« Reply #3480 on: December 12, 2012, 03:40:45 AM »
My current wallet is beat up dirty eS canvas wallet, which I got like 8 years ago. Now, when I have to attend more formal events, it's somewhat embarrassing to pull out a wallet like that when you're dressed in suit. So I decided to blow about 100 $ on a designer wallet.

Leather softer than baby's skin and I really liked the mechanism for coin compartment closure:

Anyhow, am I stupid? 100$ for just a wallet is big money. I am not regretting the purchase, just thinking.
if you fill the coin compartment with moist and slightly heated cotton, you got yourself a nice coin purse ;)

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #3481 on: December 12, 2012, 03:52:50 AM »

Anyhow, am I stupid? 100$ for just a wallet is big money. I am not regretting the purchase, just thinking.

Not if you're stoked on it.  In theory a quality wallet is something you'll have for a long time.  i've got a nice leather one going on 7-8 years.  It actually looks cooler the older it gets. 

Mat

• Rep: -14
« Reply #3482 on: December 12, 2012, 08:04:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not if you're stoked on it.  In theory a quality wallet is something you'll have for a long time.  i've got a nice leather one going on 7-8 years.  It actually looks cooler the older it gets. 

yeah if you dropped a bill on it chances are its going to last a really long time. i got a nice calvin klein wallet one christmas when i was about ten, i'm 23 now and its the only one i've ever had

otis shredding

« Reply #3483 on: December 12, 2012, 10:20:48 AM »
stoked to have ordered one of these before they sold out

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #3484 on: December 13, 2012, 05:41:43 AM »
My aunt is visiting from out of town and staying at my house for a few days. Me her and my mom all went out to eat for lunch, then afterwards they wanted to do some shopping and I ended up tagging along with them. She ended up randomly buying me these two shirts. What a nice lady.

Also picked these up from Ross later on in the day. They were only 22 bucks so I said "fuck it" and bought them. Im probably not going to skate in them and only use them as my work shoes or shoes for just chillin around the house. Does anyone know what the model name for these are? It doesn't say on the tag on the inside of the tongue. Just curious as to what these are called. All I know so far is that they're mer-vans (those vans you get from department stores like JC Penny, Mervyns, etc).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:09:55 AM by Noble Experiment »

sametelt

• Rep: 17
« Reply #3485 on: December 13, 2012, 05:58:18 AM »

I got one of these as well. So sick.

NCSB

• Rep: 15
« Reply #3486 on: December 13, 2012, 07:28:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I got one of these as well. So sick.

me too  ;)

Wall of Nausea

• Rep: -60
« Reply #3487 on: December 13, 2012, 08:11:03 AM »
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/gary-panter-gary-panter/1012502172?ean=9780979415319

At $12.98, why not. I love Gary Panter's work and shit, Pee Wee's Playhouse was amazing as a kid.

kellen

« Reply #3488 on: December 13, 2012, 09:26:00 AM »

kookedoutlurk

« Reply #3489 on: December 13, 2012, 03:00:15 PM »
ordered this off the thrasher site...anyone ever order sweatshirts or ts off them? how fast is the shipping?

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #3490 on: December 13, 2012, 03:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote
My current wallet is beat up dirty eS canvas wallet, which I got like 8 years ago. Now, when I have to attend more formal events, it's somewhat embarrassing to pull out a wallet like that when you're dressed in suit. So I decided to blow about 100 $ on a designer wallet.

Leather softer than baby's skin and I really liked the mechanism for coin compartment closure:

[close]
if you fill the coin compartment with moist and slightly heated cotton, you got yourself a nice coin purse ;)

i'm not a fan of bi-fold.  tri-folds all the way dawg
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3491 on: December 13, 2012, 04:10:32 PM »
ordered this off the thrasher site...anyone ever order sweatshirts or ts off them? how fast is the shipping?

Ordered from them a couple of times. Its been awhile but I feel like it took a little bit longer than normal to ship. I do live on the east coast though so I don't know.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #3492 on: December 13, 2012, 04:48:50 PM »

Mine took about a week and a half, but i did order from australia, USPS is pretty good though

kookedoutlurk

« Reply #3493 on: December 13, 2012, 08:57:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ordered from them a couple of times. Its been awhile but I feel like it took a little bit longer than normal to ship. I do live on the east coast though so I don't know.
Yea I live in Nevada so I'm thinking it shouldn't take longer than a week. I ordered yesterday night and I still have not got a tracking number though.

smellyfart

« Reply #3494 on: December 13, 2012, 10:16:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
someone who spends $100 on a wallet probably wont stick coins in their wallet as well. its definately a good looking wallet though. i could use a new one. mine is hanging on by a thread. literally a single thread is keeping it together.

just about sto set up a new cruiser board/ tommy gurrero real small shaped board, indys, dirty bearings, rails, and some bones stf. now i wait for another sunny day to come along.

poster

• Rep: 14
  • tomatoes rule!
« Reply #3495 on: December 14, 2012, 01:08:13 AM »
I bought a $100 wallet two years ago and I'm sooo happy with it. I was looking for cheaper options, but i couldn't find anything that i really liked.

One of my best buys ever, it makes me happy when i see it.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #3496 on: December 14, 2012, 06:06:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yea I live in Nevada so I'm thinking it shouldn't take longer than a week. I ordered yesterday night and I still have not got a tracking number though.

Sometimes it takes them like 2-3 weeks to process the order

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #3497 on: December 14, 2012, 07:04:59 AM »
if the quality is right the price doesn't matter (to a certain degree). it's not like you just bought a louis vuitton purse or anything way too overpriced. I love to have good quality stuff. bought a cycling backpack for about 300 dollars last year and this shit is great. worth every penny.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #3498 on: December 14, 2012, 10:00:05 PM »
that is way too overpriced matze. also if i was a criminal id rob dudes with nice wallets all the time
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Matze

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3499 on: December 15, 2012, 10:56:38 AM »
I have a purse for 50 bucks that is just a piece of leather, but I love the look. the product satisfies me.

bought these beauties yesterday. roche run are the most comfortable shoes on the planet.

ontheswarm

« Reply #3500 on: December 15, 2012, 11:08:04 PM »
I have a purse for 50 bucks that is just a piece of leather, but I love the look. the product satisfies me.

bought these beauties yesterday. roche run are the most comfortable shoes on the planet.

These look super comfortable..these aren't the model brian anderson is doing the art with right?

got these for 60 bucks today

and then these for 35

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #3501 on: December 16, 2012, 02:59:37 AM »
First purchase from my new local shop that just opened up

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #3502 on: December 16, 2012, 04:09:02 AM »
i'm not a fan of bi-fold.  tri-folds all the way dawg
Trifolds are too fat. I was specially looking for a slim bifold. You should read this.

I bought a $100 wallet two years ago and I'm sooo happy with it. I was looking for cheaper options, but i couldn't find anything that i really liked.
One of my best buys ever, it makes me happy when i see it.
I also visited a lot of shops and had some options, but I wasn't 100% satisfied with any of them. The shop where I bought my wallet, I just randomly went in, I wasn't sure if they had wallets. When the shop assistant showed me this wallet I knew that this was the one. And then I look on the price tag and it is the most expensive wallet of all the considered options I had. I just thought fuck it and bought it, because I'll be using it every day. Rather pay extra for something you really like, than regret going for the cheaper option and regret it later.

if the quality is right the price doesn't matter (to a certain degree). it's not like you just bought a louis vuitton purse or anything way too overpriced. I love to have good quality stuff. bought a cycling backpack for about 300 dollars last year and this shit is great. worth every penny.

10 years ago or so I needed a new backpack for school, I was like 12-13. I was begging my mom to buy this Eastpak backpack instead of some no-name which was 3 times cheaper. The Eastpak backpack was considered really expensive for that time. I just wanted it because I saw some of the oldest kids walking with them, tv commercials with skateboarding also helped.

It was my primary backpack for 7 years. Now, the backpack still looks like new and my mom's is using it when going on trips and hikings. Definitely one of the best purchases ever.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2534
« Reply #3503 on: December 16, 2012, 10:25:48 AM »
I've had the same Eastpak backpack since 1999, and only recently has the inside ripped a bit, but only on the cushion, meaning there's no hole.
But the inside is deteriorating, little bits of the lining keep falling off. But fuck it, it's been 13 years.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:32:38 AM by Alan »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

kookedoutlurk

« Reply #3504 on: December 16, 2012, 12:18:40 PM »
I've had the same Eastpak backpack since 1999, and only recently has the inside ripped a bit, but only on the cushion, meaning there's no hole.
But the inside is deteriorating, little bits of the lining keep falling off. Butt fuck it, it's been 13 years.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #3505 on: December 16, 2012, 05:37:27 PM »

are those good running shoes? My dad wants running shoes for christmas. He usually gets the free run but Im thinking about getting something different.

SqueezeThePulp

• Rep: 11
« Reply #3506 on: December 16, 2012, 07:07:23 PM »

two videos

video light for my t3i

a/v cable for my old nintendo 64, going to try and get back into it.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3507 on: December 17, 2012, 01:00:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

are those good running shoes? My dad wants running shoes for christmas. He usually gets the free run but Im thinking about getting something different.

they're more fashion shoes then running shoes. buy him a gift card from a running store where he can try out a couple of models. his feet will thank you!

flipsandgrinds

• Rep: -1
« Reply #3508 on: December 17, 2012, 05:11:34 PM »
Buy one get one half off for black friday on Gilbert Crockett's first pro model.  I've skated it about four days now and the shape is fucking great. Feels good to be back to alien

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #3509 on: December 17, 2012, 05:45:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

they're more fashion shoes then running shoes. buy him a gift card from a running store where he can try out a couple of models. his feet will thank you!

definitely don't get him those if he wears frees.  frees/barefoot shoes  were made to reduce running injuries often caused thick soled running shoes so they would be the opposite of what he runs in.