Author Topic: Tampa Pro Street Finals  (Read 17047 times)

Lumpy Oatmeal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Tampa Pro Street Finals
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 06:47:15 AM »
actually when shex asked for wax casey and tony ran up and gave him wax and a mineral water
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 07:56:56 AM »
for everyone who missed the webcast... here's rattrays qualifying footage...
http://skateboarding.com/video.jsp?ID=1000005637

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 08:50:34 AM »

Big Brian Anderson skated all day on an old school shaped Krooked board. Low-to-high Smith.

Guinness

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 08:55:09 AM »

Big Brian Anderson skated all day on an old school shaped Krooked board. Low-to-high Smith.
he killed it as well.From what i saw him and koston were the the only ones haveing fun which was sick to see.

coop D.O.G.G.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
  • I'm thirsty
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 08:59:32 AM »
what was Rattrays run like?

He should've won he was goin so fast and doin soo many tricks so quick. he was almost fallin pushin cause he was soo hyped. it was sick.
and here comes coop dogg.....................

bothersome

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2008, 09:29:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
he killed it as well.From what i saw him and koston were the the only ones haveing fun which was sick to see.
yeah it was on the gonz kooks board. shredding.
kinda makes me want to start skating blazers again.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2008, 12:33:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I wish we could, as a community, gnar and kook skaters, not just posters. If so, +1 for BA and Koston
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2008, 12:42:43 PM »
weakkkkkkk
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 12:44:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I wish we could, as a community, gnar and kook skaters, not just posters. If so, +1 for BA and Koston
In his Nike part he's skating some pointy nose board when he does a 360 flip on that sidewalk/drainage bump.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 03:32:42 PM »
my friend told me sheckler wasnt even there to accept his 5th place prize money, what a fool

you can see him right after lutzka's run and he didn't look too happy

Rusty Champignon

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2008, 03:56:21 PM »
did Lutzka really win with that run? Rattrays was so much better, so fucking fast

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2008, 04:18:52 PM »
stefan shoulda dropped in....done that tre flip...........stop skating...........and been given first place
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2008, 04:26:02 PM »
Expand Quote
my friend told me sheckler wasnt even there to accept his 5th place prize money, what a fool
[close]

you can see him right after lutzka's run and he didn't look too happy
It obviously doesn't fit into the script he had planned for this week's episode...
I just watched that finals video, and the top 10 this year was damn good, with a few exceptions of course. It was pretty funny to hear no cheering for anything Sheckler did, and the whole park going crazy for everything Beach did. Rattray's run was far superior to Lutzkas, he skated the park the whole park and didn't just focus on the rails and stairs. I don't think he stepped off his board, either. Seriously, what the hell is the point of jumping up to the ramp's deck if you're just gonna drop back in? The judges count kickturns as tricks too, you know.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

mikefork

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2008, 05:20:29 PM »
i dedicate this one to lutzka

frisco

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2008, 05:30:57 PM »
Expand Quote
I'd like to see the reaction on all of Sheckler's fans after finding out he placed right behind "some guy" named Matt Beach.
[close]
I'd like to see Shecklers response!

just wait, im sure he'll have a whole series about that

Ive been becoming very suspicious as to why plan b put sheckler on, i think it was so they could get their product to the millions of mtv girls that watch his show

JunglePOP

• Rep: 29
  • Art Hellemen where are you?
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2008, 05:31:50 PM »
i like how lutzka and chadnandez (fedora bros) high five at the end with sheckler looking on
Sorry, sometimes I get overly defensive on that point.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2008, 05:32:33 PM »

Rusty Champignon

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2008, 05:38:25 PM »
Kyle Berard was chilling, seemed so relaxed

jrock

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2008, 05:41:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'd like to see the reaction on all of Sheckler's fans after finding out he placed right behind "some guy" named Matt Beach.
[close]
I'd like to see Shecklers response!
[close]

just wait, im sure he'll have a whole series about that

Ive been becoming very suspicious as to why plan b put sheckler on, i think it was so they could get their product to the millions of mtv girls that watch his show

they're probably going to work the "haters" angle into his show, and try to pretend that he really deserved to win.  everyone knows how creative MTV can be with their editing...

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2008, 08:41:46 PM »
did Lutzka really win with that run? Rattrays was so much better, so fucking fast

Lutzka was lame.
Rattray should of won for sure.

cool dude

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2008, 09:47:10 AM »
But didn't you all read over on 48Blocks?  Lord Mariano thinks Lutzka is good.  Shouldn't that alone elevate his status on the SLAP boards? 

I know I will get kooked over this, but Lutzka is sick and damn consistent. 

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2008, 09:57:34 AM »

Almost too consistent (sounds regular i know), hes like a skate bot, his tricks all look the same and he has the same trick selection in all the contests. Not saying they aren't good tricks and he lands them, just don't really dig his style. I find Rattray way more interesting to watch cuz it's unpredictable what he's gonna do, can't say the same for Lutzka.

clarkie

• Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2008, 10:25:06 AM »
Hah, I did notice the gloom on Sheck's face after Lutzka's run but what probably really got to him was, as the announcer pointed out, all the yelling for Matt was coming from the LADIES! Woo wooo!

Well, Ryan if you don't want that measeley $4,000 I'd be happy to donate it to a skatepark project I'm working on in an underpriviledged area. They would appreciate it.

Send check to:

PO Box 2085
Santa Cruz, CA 95063

cool dude

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2008, 10:44:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Almost too consistent (sounds regular i know), hes like a skate bot, his tricks all look the same and he has the same trick selection in all the contests. Not saying they aren't good tricks and he lands them, just don't really dig his style. I find Rattray way more interesting to watch cuz it's unpredictable what he's gonna do, can't say the same for Lutzka.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rattray, but the tricks he was throwin down weren't exactly pushing the limits.  He does have a way with flying all over the course though, the guy just flows. 

As for the trick selection, the same could be said for most pros, everyone is known for their style and tricks that they have on lock, but for whatever reason, seems like the hat, Lutzka is singled out on this.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2008, 11:03:16 AM »
Fuenzilinda's footage was sick in that.  Suprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.  But DAMN, Beach was looking amazing out there.  Didn't realize he was so good at tranny.  That switch back tail on the quater made me jump out of my seat.

Defenitly not feeling Lutzka's run, he mostly stayed to the one side of the course.  But i mean, when you don't miss any tricks, and they are all good, you pretty much gotta give it to him.  Danm robots.   Sucks I know.  I bet if rattray got the fakie heel he woulda won it.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2008, 11:28:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Don't get me wrong, I love Rattray, but the tricks he was throwin down weren't exactly pushing the limits.  He does have a way with flying all over the course though, the guy just flows. 

As for the trick selection, the same could be said for most pros, everyone is known for their style and tricks that they have on lock, but for whatever reason, seems like the hat, Lutzka is singled out on this.

I don't think it's the hat, i think I'm just sick of seeing him win every contest with the same tricks and the same stupid hat on....Oh wait maybe it is the hat.

I bet if rattray got the fakie heel he woulda won it.

yep

Can you imagine if Rattray landed that and Lutzka still won? I would have shook my fist at the monitor so hard.

claimull toe

• Rep: 0
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2008, 12:01:48 PM »
If you guys want to see Lutzka's winning run just go watch last years tampa pro run.  or you can just watch one of his dew tour runs.  or xgames.  yeah, any contests in the last 3 years.  it's the same thing.

hope i could help!

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2008, 06:53:46 PM »
Lutzka just skated the rails and stairs. John skated the whole course. That's why he should have won. Save the rail shit for the best trick contest.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

qwertypoiuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2008, 07:07:12 PM »

Can you imagine if Rattray landed that and Lutzka still won? I would have shook my fist at the monitor so hard.

i still shook my fist, lutzka did nothing new. rattray should have taken 1st hands down