Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1899319 times)

nopes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #20160 on: October 11, 2018, 11:09:48 AM »
my manager wears shorts and flip-flops to work about 10 months out of the year. I hate hearing those things slapping against his feet as he walks around. is this very petty of me? it just makes me wince. I wish he would put on some pants and shoes.

this would be perfect for a "things you are not stoked on but stoked on" thread. totally sucks but fortunate to work in that type of place i think.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #20161 on: October 11, 2018, 09:13:54 PM »
Expand Quote
my manager wears shorts and flip-flops to work about 10 months out of the year. I hate hearing those things slapping against his feet as he walks around. is this very petty of me? it just makes me wince. I wish he would put on some pants and shoes.
[close]

this would be perfect for a "things you are not stoked on but stoked on" thread. totally sucks but fortunate to work in that type of place i think.

Nah. Fuck that.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #20162 on: October 12, 2018, 07:19:37 AM »
Ugly people.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 389
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #20163 on: October 12, 2018, 02:40:19 PM »
snapped my 3-week-old board yesterday in a game of skate, and now I gotta wait until probably next month to get a new one

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20164 on: October 12, 2018, 09:24:12 PM »
snapped my 3-week-old board yesterday in a game of skate, and now I gotta wait until probably next month to get a new one
What size board do you skate and are you in the states?

Edit: PM me if you live in the states
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 09:27:07 PM by CrumblingInfrastructure »

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 389
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #20165 on: October 12, 2018, 11:56:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I ride 8.6, but I actually ended up having more money in my bank account than I thought I did so I came correct and got a TKF earlier. +1 for lookin out though!

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20166 on: October 13, 2018, 03:26:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I ride 8.6, but I actually ended up having more money in my bank account than I thought I did so I came correct and got a TKF earlier. +1 for lookin out though!
Hell yeah! Good to hear man. Now i’m jealous, I really want a TKF 8.18 but I have to slow my roll on gear and use what I have.

guest1

« Reply #20167 on: October 13, 2018, 04:36:23 PM »
Spent 60 bucks on the new black ops and I’m already tired of it.

Pigeon

« Reply #20168 on: October 13, 2018, 05:23:38 PM »
I had to fire the security guard because he was creeping out women in the office. The last straw was him singing out loud to, “Date Rape,” by Sublime.

I fucking hate having to do shit that management doesn’t want to do, because they’re don’t want to seem rude. The few conversations I had with him were about him taking care of his daughter with Cystic Fibrosis.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #20169 on: October 15, 2018, 07:34:10 AM »
This Ariana Grande/Pete Davidson breakup news is hitting me pretty hard. Thought for sure they were built to last.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #20170 on: October 15, 2018, 09:16:12 AM »
My bike got stolen last night.

I live in a quiet apartment complex. I locked my bike up to the bike rack outside my door which is a secluded little hallway with me and my neighbor. This person used bolt cutters to cut it and left the defunct lock in the grass. I saw it last night at like 11pm and woke up to it missing around 7am. I'm really really bummed cause the bike was gift from my girlfriend's dad, and I rode it everyday.. really loved that bike.

I'm so angry that they're are such shitty people in this world. Like FUCK you dude, I hope you burn.

:(

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #20171 on: October 15, 2018, 07:20:57 PM »
I have a pretty crazy bald spot back and to the left. I noticed it in a clip like a year ago and have been ignoring it but just got a good look the other day and holy shit

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #20172 on: October 15, 2018, 07:45:02 PM »
I was going to buy a new car, test drove a few over the weekend. Ended up $1200 into maintenance on my old car instead. I really wanted a new car but it’s just not the right time I guess, and this Toyota will never die.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20173 on: October 16, 2018, 09:19:40 AM »
At work on like three hours sleep. Trying to fake my way through the day without actually doing anything.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20174 on: October 16, 2018, 10:00:42 AM »
I have a pretty crazy bald spot back and to the left. I noticed it in a clip like a year ago and have been ignoring it but just got a good look the other day and holy shit
I just checked mine after reading this, and it's not there anymore, new hairs !
jk the desertic area is expanding its shit^^
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:22:35 AM by the snake »

double

• Rep: -2
« Reply #20175 on: October 16, 2018, 10:10:54 AM »
I used to go to the apple barrel when I was a kid, that's where that limo in ny (crashed) an 20 peeps died. I used to get mad candy there.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #20176 on: October 16, 2018, 10:15:25 AM »
I used to go to the apple barrel when I was a kid, that's where that limo in ny (crashed) an 20 peeps died. I used to get mad candy there.
rest in peeps

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20177 on: October 16, 2018, 10:27:15 AM »
Yo Seymour didn't you make a post about seeing a MST3K live show? Did you delete it, or am I imaging things?
I wanted to ask what movie they did when you saw it.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #20178 on: October 16, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »
Yo Seymour didn't you make a post about seeing a MST3K live show? Did you delete it, or am I imaging things?
I wanted to ask what movie they did when you saw it.

was taking a shit when i wrote that then was like, man who cares and deleted it. but i ended up bailing because it was 60 bucks for shitty seats, and it had the new host in it so i was like blah about it.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20179 on: October 16, 2018, 04:10:26 PM »
Ha, apparently just weirdos like me care.

Yeah I kinda dislike Jonah Ray in general, but I actually thought he did a pretty good job last season. Really looking forward to the new episodes coming out next month.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20180 on: October 16, 2018, 07:18:24 PM »
my wife has been dealing with stage 4 cancer for basically a decade now. she probably should be dead by now but shes always managed to be lucky enough to find a last minute treatment that actually works for her. for the past 4 years or so she has been getting chemo every 3 weeks. every 3 or 4 cycles she gets scanned to see if she is still stable and everytime no matter how shes been feeling we get riddled with anxiety. it used to be a lot worse but over time weve gotten used to it. on top of that she has been super stable the last few years and the treatment barely affects her. however she has been coughing lately (her tumors are in her lungs) and her scans are on thursday and today she told me she especially nervous because of the coughing.

i used to have a really hard time with this and was in a really bad place because of is but a few years ago i finally started seeing a therapist and things got way better. now im less fearful of her outcome and instead much more fatigued. it really sucks because were always waiting to be told its not any worse. we are way past the part where they work to make you better so the only relief would be the worst thing.

guest1

« Reply #20181 on: October 16, 2018, 07:28:40 PM »
^sorry to hear that nopes :/.  Hope everything works out and that she gets well soon.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 07:31:40 PM by The Squid »

Pigeon

« Reply #20182 on: October 19, 2018, 04:22:20 PM »
I hate being stuck on a tarmac after a long flight.

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1676
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #20183 on: October 19, 2018, 06:19:35 PM »
I hate being stuck on a tarmac after a long flight.

Well damn, we went from being bummed on a person's significant other having cancer to sitting on a tarmac.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/1myllo/stand-up-the-miracle-of-flight
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20184 on: October 19, 2018, 09:05:27 PM »
haha its not a contest. being stuck on the tarmac sucks so much shit.

her scans on thursday showed she is still stable btw

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #20185 on: October 19, 2018, 10:03:39 PM »
Not stoked on the second hand embarrassment I feel for a friend whenever they post something on Instagram about skating, and said friend describing the effort and thought he puts into these posts.

Also not stoked on the fact that my mom is only getting older and my resentment towards her is only growing.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 10:06:54 PM by Bruh Man »

guest1

« Reply #20186 on: October 20, 2018, 04:52:20 AM »
I’ve been suffering from hyperhidrosis for a while now. Have it pretty bad in my hands and feet. I get terrible anxiety whenever I’m about to meet people and shake hands. It was especially bad back in high school with dating and holding a girls hand and shit. Luckily my girlfriend now doesn’t care, but it still fucks with my head pretty bad. I’ve tried different antiperspirants for it and they don’t work. There’s also Botox injections for it but it’s supposed to be very painful so I don’t know if I want to go through with that. The weirdest part about it is that it gets very bad in the fall/winter and then pretty much goes away in the summer, the opposite of what you’d expect.

ungzilla

« Reply #20187 on: October 20, 2018, 08:20:59 AM »
you mean your tentacles right

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #20188 on: October 20, 2018, 08:43:30 AM »
I am also a sweaty bitch.

I feel your pain, my brother.

guest1

« Reply #20189 on: October 20, 2018, 09:26:44 AM »