Author Topic: The Slap Message Boards and the Trial of Jamie Thomas  (Read 86304 times)

bizarro gub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
  • lincoln of the sea
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Slap Message Boards and the Trial of Jamie Thomas
« Reply #330 on: May 08, 2008, 10:16:26 AM »
you could sell all the old grease to biodiesel driving hippes at a dollar a gallon, omfg, chief you could be making so much money.
Alexactly shaves.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #331 on: May 08, 2008, 03:57:30 PM »
...or I could figure out a way to make that stuff work in my Hummer, then I'd be chillin.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #332 on: May 08, 2008, 04:12:48 PM »
...or I could figure out a way to make that stuff work in my Hummer, then I'd be chillin.
I'm pretty sure theres a way you can convert Hummers' to run off of grease, a friend of mine is huge into that shit, and he said Hummers are the easiest vehicle to convert.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #333 on: May 08, 2008, 04:50:22 PM »
Didn't Big Black get his Pinto converted Green? Does that mean it won't explode in a head on collision?

In the Phillipines we'd call it a lechon party.

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #334 on: May 08, 2008, 11:42:07 PM »

P.S. the revolution that recently occurred in Venezuela was the result of the hatred of American and other western nations exploiting South America. Also, its the reason the U.S. government hates Venezuela- they stopped taking our shit.

i work for a company that a few months back transfered me to their venezuelan branch to do a very specific job, lemme tell ya, that "revolution" had nothing to do with americans, that's the spin that the corrupt venezuelan government puts on it, every one of my venezuelan coworkers hate their "president", every election has been rigged, all of em want to leave the country, this is an oil exporter country where most of the population lives in poverty even though the barrell is going for 120$ more or less and the "president" says their poverty is Bush' fault (i kid you not that's what he says, i've seen the guy throwing that bullshit on national tv)

i seriously think our government hates Venezuela's current dictator, and Venezuela's dictator uses our government as scapegoats for all the bullshit moves he pulls. most of what i know about this country is not only my opinion but that of my venezuelan co-workers
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 11:46:00 PM by Numeral »

burritobell666

• Rep: 25
  • let's sit and chat
« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2008, 08:09:59 AM »

trial of jamie thomas
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 11:29:48 AM by burritobell666 »

sweatloaf

« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2008, 08:26:29 AM »
Ain't nothin better than a greasy hummer

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2008, 11:28:08 AM »
Expand Quote

P.S. the revolution that recently occurred in Venezuela was the result of the hatred of American and other western nations exploiting South America. Also, its the reason the U.S. government hates Venezuela- they stopped taking our shit.
[close]

i work for a company that a few months back transfered me to their venezuelan branch to do a very specific job, lemme tell ya, that "revolution" had nothing to do with americans, that's the spin that the corrupt venezuelan government puts on it, every one of my venezuelan coworkers hate their "president", every election has been rigged, all of em want to leave the country, this is an oil exporter country where most of the population lives in poverty even though the barrell is going for 120$ more or less and the "president" says their poverty is Bush' fault (i kid you not that's what he says, i've seen the guy throwing that bullshit on national tv)

i seriously think our government hates Venezuela's current dictator, and Venezuela's dictator uses our government as scapegoats for all the bullshit moves he pulls. most of what i know about this country is not only my opinion but that of my venezuelan co-workers
He may use us as a scapegoat, but nobody has gotten more poor in Venezuela since Chavez has come into power. He made it so profits from oil now are nationally paid to the people of Venezuela instead of foreign (usually U.S.) companies. The average income in Venezuela has multiplied many times. So, with the increase in oil profits, there is an increase in the people's incomes in Venezuela, so I don't know what you are talking about.
Second of all, our media exploits the idea of election irregularities, to make Venezuela seem illegitimate. when they actually have impartial international election commissioners come into make sure that the election is fair. This has been offered to the U.S. for free, but we reject it. The international standard for democracy doesn't include untracable voting machines, supreme court deciding who is president, and the halting of recounts. Basically, that is bullshit. I may not be in most countries, but in Venezuela it is the case.
The U.S. hates them because they lead the world in defying us, and they give far more aid to Latin America than we do, despite being poorer than us, so people listen to Chavez more.
The fact is, none of the revolutions that have occurred in Latin America would have happened without U.S. and other Western Exploitation. Venezuelans may not be rich, but things have gotten considerably better since the revolution. The west was fucking them hard. You know, use them for cheap labor, ignore their needs, and people will want to rebel
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #338 on: May 09, 2008, 12:09:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
He may use us as a scapegoat, but nobody has gotten more poor in Venezuela since Chavez has come into power. He made it so profits from oil now are nationally paid to the people of Venezuela instead of foreign (usually U.S.) companies.
[close]

this is bullshit dude, the people don't see a dime from oil profits, are you for real dude?

The average income in Venezuela has multiplied many times. So, with the increase in oil profits, there is an increase in the people's incomes in Venezuela, so I don't know what you are talking about.

bullshit, minimum wage in venezuela is 325$ a month, with that you cannot pay rent or food on a decent neighborhood in this country, you can barely live on a fabella so again your full of shit, lets not even get into what venezuelans make for the job i do, i make waaay more than they make for doing less.

the only thing that is cheap in this country is gas, because i mean come on, everything else you can imagine is highly overpriced because the local economy is shit and the government does nothing to try to fix the problem.

Second of all, our media exploits the idea of election irregularities, to make Venezuela seem illegitimate. when they actually have impartial international election commissioners come into make sure that the election is fair. This has been offered to the U.S. for free, but we reject it. The international standard for democracy doesn't include untracable voting machines, supreme court deciding who is president, and the halting of recounts. Basically, that is bullshit. I may not be in most countries, but in Venezuela it is the case.

bullshit yet again, everything is controlled by the government including the ISP used to transmit data from the voting machines to the tallying system, venezuelan public is still waiting for the total vote count from last election, so quit your bullshit dude, media outlets who speak unfavorably of this government get punished, a tv channel got closed because of this.

The U.S. hates them because they lead the world in defying us, and they give far more aid to Latin America than we do, despite being poorer than us, so people listen to Chavez more.

yes, they help other latin american countries instead of helping themselves, they bring cuban doctors instead of hiring the venezuelan ones, they import food, instead of relaxing the control the government has on food prices, yest they control the exchange rates, food prices, mayor telecom industries, obviously they oil industry is in their hands, the metallurgic industry is in their hands too.
 there's a 70% unemployment rate and the government does nothing to try and solve the problem, 70% of the population lives in poverty, the government continually refuses to acknowledge the fact that the people are eating shit because this government is incapable of solving any problem they face.

The fact is, none of the revolutions that have occurred in Latin America would have happened without U.S. and other Western Exploitation. Venezuelans may not be rich, but things have gotten considerably better since the revolution. The west was fucking them hard. You know, use them for cheap labor, ignore their needs, and people will want to rebel

[/quote]
dude are you for real?, there's not a single venezuelan that i have spoken to since i've been here that feels happy with chaves in power dude, sorry but i gotta call you out on it, you're speaking a lotta bullshit to backup your arguments, i'm telling you dude i'm currently living in venezuela, most of my co workers are venezuelan, NONE OF EM like chaves,

quit you're bullshit dude, i don't like a lot of the stuff that our government does, but you're just typing a load of unbelievable crap, i couldn't help but show your post to my co workers and they were amazed that there people who buy into chaves bullshit like you do outside of Venezuela.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 12:14:08 PM by Numeral »

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2008, 12:14:21 PM »
what has jamie done to you guys? are you just jealous that hes actually doing something with his life?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #340 on: May 09, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »
i'm calling fake account

eat.shit

• Rep: 14
« Reply #341 on: May 09, 2008, 12:48:35 PM »
Hes driving around a car that gets 10 mpg for starters? And then people bitch about high oil cost. Hmmm, imagine that. ::)

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #342 on: May 09, 2008, 12:50:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
He may use us as a scapegoat, but nobody has gotten more poor in Venezuela since Chavez has come into power. He made it so profits from oil now are nationally paid to the people of Venezuela instead of foreign (usually U.S.) companies.
[close]
[close]

this is bullshit dude, the people don't see a dime from oil profits, are you for real dude?

Expand Quote
The average income in Venezuela has multiplied many times. So, with the increase in oil profits, there is an increase in the people's incomes in Venezuela, so I don't know what you are talking about.
[close]

bullshit, minimum wage in venezuela is 325$ a month, with that you cannot pay rent or food on a decent neighborhood in this country, you can barely live on a fabella so again your full of shit, lets not even get into what venezuelans make for the job i do, i make waaay more than they make for doing less.

the only thing that is cheap in this country is gas, because i mean come on, everything else you can imagine is highly overpriced because the local economy is shit and the government does nothing to try to fix the problem.

Expand Quote
[close]

bullshit yet again, everything is controlled by the government including the ISP used to transmit data from the voting machines to the tallying system, venezuelan public is still waiting for the total vote count from last election, so quit your bullshit dude, media outlets who speak unfavorably of this government get punished, a tv channel got closed because of this.

Expand Quote
[close]

yes, they help other latin american countries instead of helping themselves, they bring cuban doctors instead of hiring the venezuelan ones, they import food, instead of relaxing the control the government has on food prices, yest they control the exchange rates, food prices, mayor telecom industries, obviously they oil industry is in their hands, the metallurgic industry is in their hands too.
 there's a 70% unemployment rate and the government does nothing to try and solve the problem, 70% of the population lives in poverty, the government continually refuses to acknowledge the fact that the people are eating shit because this government is incapable of solving any problem they face.

Expand Quote

[close]
Expand Quote
dude are you for real?, there's not a single venezuelan that i have spoken to since i've been here that feels happy with chaves in power dude, sorry but i gotta call you out on it, you're speaking a lotta bullshit to backup your arguments, i'm telling you dude i'm currently living in venezuela, most of my co workers are venezuelan, NONE OF EM like chaves,

quit you're bullshit dude, i don't like a lot of the stuff that our government does, but you're just typing a load of unbelievable crap, i couldn't help but show your post to my co workers and they were amazed that there people who buy into chaves bullshit like you do outside of Venezuela.
[close]

Damn this shit just gave me vertigo... How did it get this deep?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 01:23:54 PM by remEMBer »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2008, 01:15:32 PM »
I already called fake account. But if GWB must know, some people care more than about just their immediate self.

Let me ask you about your perspective/bias. What company do you work for? Are they based out of Venezuela, or the U.S.? Chavez has made U.S. based industry a major target because U.S. industry has exploited people from Venezuela for so long. As far as you talking about what they make... that is your company paying them, and your company exploiting them. So the workers aren't really getting saved by Chavez the way he promised. On top of that, $325 a month minimum wage is low compared to rich ass America, but lets compare it to the average income of Nicaragua, a country in a similar location, also effected by western intervention. They make $430 per YEAR (citation: http://www.witnessforpeace.org/nicaragua/ataglance.html.)  A LOT less. Why are they so poor? Debts to western nations. Nicaragua started at that point. The same $430 a year type level, and now they receive a MINIMUM of $325 per month Do you know how much progress that is? Now look at the chart of average income on this website: http://www.finfacts.ie/biz10/globalworldincomepercapita.htm
. Its under the "december 2007" section. Look at Venezuela. You'll notice two things, first the average income is higher in 2005 in Venezuela than ANY OTHER NATION IN SOUTH AMERICA. By a lot. So maybe it sucks, but they are doing better than other nations in South America. Now look at the 2006 statistics, the increase in the average income increases considerably. So the idea that Chavez is making Venezuela poor and ruining the economy is ridiculous.
So if you think it is bad now, imagine how poorly we were treating them before, that the average income has shot up so much higher? The reason is that the U.S. exploits and hurts South America, and that it takes time to move out of such extreme poverty.

But anyway, I'm sure the workers in your factories fucking love you, you wonderful American, taking up your White Man's Burden!

So again, Chavez may not be great, or even good at all, but its all about where it started, which is with U.S. and European industry taking over and exploiting the hell out of them until any alternative was better. Which was my point in the first place....

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2008, 01:37:42 PM »
I already called fake account. But if GWB must know, some people care more than about just their immediate self.

Let me ask you about your perspective/bias. What company do you work for? Are they based out of Venezuela, or the U.S.? Chavez has made U.S. based industry a major target because U.S. industry has exploited people from Venezuela for so long. As far as you talking about what they make... that is your company paying them, and your company exploiting them. So the workers aren't really getting saved by Chavez the way he promised. On top of that, $325 a month minimum wage is low compared to rich ass America, but lets compare it to the average income of Nicaragua, a country in a similar location, also effected by western intervention. They make $430 per YEAR (citation: http://www.witnessforpeace.org/nicaragua/ataglance.html.)  A LOT less. Why are they so poor? Debts to western nations. Nicaragua started at that point. The same $430 a year type level, and now they receive a MINIMUM of $325 per month Do you know how much progress that is? Now look at the chart of average income on this website: http://www.finfacts.ie/biz10/globalworldincomepercapita.htm
. Its under the "december 2007" section. Look at Venezuela. You'll notice two things, first the average income is higher in 2005 in Venezuela than ANY OTHER NATION IN SOUTH AMERICA. By a lot. So maybe it sucks, but they are doing better than other nations in South America. Now look at the 2006 statistics, the increase in the average income increases considerably. So the idea that Chavez is making Venezuela poor and ruining the economy is ridiculous.
So if you think it is bad now, imagine how poorly we were treating them before, that the average income has shot up so much higher? The reason is that the U.S. exploits and hurts South America, and that it takes time to move out of such extreme poverty.

But anyway, I'm sure the workers in your factories fucking love you, you wonderful American, taking up your White Man's Burden!

So again, Chavez may not be great, or even good at all, but its all about where it started, which is with U.S. and European industry taking over and exploiting the hell out of them until any alternative was better. Which was my point in the first place....

dude you're blind there's no talking to you, i work for P&G most of my co workers feel better working at P&G than working for venezuelan owned companies, because P&G provides them with a lot of facilities (money, benefits, you name it) that other companies couldn't give a shit about, you can say whatever the hell you want but unless you've lived in this hellhole for more than a week you won't know wtf you're talking about, how can you actually think that you know better than my VENEZUELAN co workers is beyond me. i'm tired of this, you are wrong, end of story.

chaves has been in power since '98, my co workers agree that since chaves has been president, regardless of oil income, the internal economy has become progressively worse, for example back in '98 according to them you could eat a double big mac large fries large coke for 1.39$ that same combo today is going for 13$, a guy from work bought a car 4 years ago 13953$, that same car today is goin for 46511$..., before chaves came to power again according to the VENEZUELAN PEOPLE that i talk to on a daily basis the economy was bad, but never to the point that it has been since the guy has been a dictator.

ps: numbers can be padded dude but unless you live here and talk to the people that have been living here before chaves was president, all those nice little numbers mean shit.

pps: again when i came here i thought the venezuelans were going to hate me, it turns out they have a strong dislike for their president, which was suprising, after a while i definately agree chaves is another one in the long line of latin american dictators...

ppps: lol, american company exploitation, really dude this one of the biggest companies in this country, and everybody wants to work here, because they feel foreign companies treat their employees with respect in every sense, something a lot of venezuelan owned companies (besides those in the oil business) seem not to do.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 01:46:17 PM by Numeral »

SLAPTASTIC

• Rep: -19
« Reply #345 on: May 09, 2008, 01:38:48 PM »
remEMBer, do you know who that girl is? where'd you get that thingy from?

csumers

• Rep: 41
« Reply #346 on: May 09, 2008, 01:55:39 PM »
the dude in the cubicle behind me and myself really wish it had a couple of more frames.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #347 on: May 09, 2008, 02:07:21 PM »
Anyways, take your experience with one group, and compare it to others in similar situations. I know it seems crazy, but people in Venezuela, as crappy as it may be, have it A LOT better than every other country in Latin America, and the reason Chavez was able to come into power was because of western exploitation. Study the history of the region- Chavez couldn't have taken power if it weren't for earlier, worse external exploitation. It may be bad now, but it was so bad before, and is still so bad around it that people thought the idea of a Chavez run government was good.
As far as inflation issues, its been worldwide, and if I am correct, is there not now a U.S. embargo on Venezuela?
If you think its better in Nicaragua, go there, check out some real extreme poverty. Its fucked.
All you are giving is the biased perspective of one of the last American exploiters, not facts.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #348 on: May 09, 2008, 02:47:02 PM »
Hes driving around a car that gets 10 mpg for starters? And then people bitch about high oil cost. Hmmm, imagine that. ::)

I ain't gots no hummer, I drives a hybrid. I ain't as stupid as I look.
I will do the honors of giving you your first "K".
Love,
JT
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #349 on: May 09, 2008, 02:48:51 PM »
PS. I didn't have anything to add to the great debate, I don't know much.

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #350 on: May 09, 2008, 02:57:46 PM »
remEMBer, do you know who that girl is? where'd you get that thingy from?
Her name is Shay Laren and I found it on the photo/video thread( I remember someone else having it up) Something about a skinny girl with real titties boucing while putting jeans on makes my day everyday and everytime I post.

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #351 on: May 09, 2008, 03:02:17 PM »
the dude in the cubicle behind me and myself really wish it had a couple of more frames.

A couple of frames more? How about this instead?

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #352 on: May 09, 2008, 03:05:24 PM »
Didn't Big Black get his Pinto converted Green? Does that mean it won't explode in a head on collision?

In the Phillipines we'd call it a lechon party.
haha that shit is funny as fuck!! In Hawaii its called luau's main attraction.

eat.shit

• Rep: 14
« Reply #353 on: May 09, 2008, 03:22:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I ain't gots no hummer, I drives a hybrid. I ain't as stupid as I look.
I will do the honors of giving you your first "K".
Love,
JT

Well good. People that drive around trucks and suv's can fuck themselves.
I'm not sure what "K" is, kook and gnar is something I've seen, have no idea what it is. But if its coming from JT its gotta be a good christian like thing.
Love,
Nick.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #354 on: May 09, 2008, 03:31:25 PM »
...yeah, it's means you're awesome!

jrock

« Reply #355 on: May 09, 2008, 06:22:40 PM »
anyone read Clyde Singleton's blog lately?

http://clydesingleton.blogspot.com/

feel free to discuss...

Perfection

• Rep: 59
« Reply #356 on: May 09, 2008, 06:29:09 PM »
now.. before i get going any further. id like to address suhn'tin. recently, I'd dropped some editorial piFF titled, "10 Reasons to Hate Ryan Sheckler" in Transworld(while it may seem to be one thing, you might wanna read it before any of you clowns think im on "your side") well, it seems as if my man Jamie Thomas has a different taste towards ole Shecks.. from what i understand, Jamie thinks Ryan Sheckler is/has been "ruining skteboarding". hold on.. bwahahahahahahahahahhaahah! man. Young Money got yall out here, hatin talkin like Plies.! what da fokk, is this dude even talm'kin bout?!! now before i say this, i want everyone to know- Jamie and i go back like whyte bishes, with no ass. moving on. Jamie. I think you're a cool guy- but you waaaaaaaaaaaaay outta line here, fam. With all due respect, if you cant see how the "handrail/drawn out 50-50/long hair-minimal trick/4 minutes of the same, loud 5 tricks" phase RUINED skateboarding- YOU'D have to be kidding me. take it as you may, but thats the truth. a KID on tv, cant "ruin" skateboarding. actually- he could make it BETTER. its the older guys who complain about these younger cats, is whats REALLY ruining skateboarding. its basically- the whole "west coast hip-hop" treatment. and lemme explain that. if you follow hip-hop, you know theres been next to NO new talent coming out the west coast SINCE '96. same old dudes, hogging up the scene. and when someone new comes through- the older heads wanna "hate". NOW. im sure Mr. Thomas' attitude could stem from the same flack he was catching when he was blowing up on the scene, back in the mid-90's. so to "embrace" anything "new" could be quite foreign. but to act like YOU didn't notice the "change" you brought skateboarding(either positive, or negative), is like calling the kettle black. i just wanted to touch up on that.. i wish both these guys good luck moving forward, but Jamie- you dead wrong for this one.. leave that kid be, and concentrate more on sending ya riders "trick lists", and what clothes to wear while doing said tricks. no "beef". just the truth like Soljourner..

Good find diabolik!

Jamie, say something.

Regards,

Perfect Cock
          o_O

℗The P҉̵̞̟̠̖̗ E҉̵ R҉̵ F҉̵ E҉̵ C҉̵ T҉̵ I҉̵ O҉̵ N҉̵̞̟̠̖̗  Forum

Absurdicon Delta

• Rep: 0
« Reply #357 on: May 09, 2008, 06:31:32 PM »
^ oh shit look what we have here
Not to toot my own horn but Dyrdek was NEVER on my level and never will be.
I aint got no love for you bitches.

Absurdicon Delta

• Rep: 0
« Reply #358 on: May 09, 2008, 06:39:37 PM »
concentrate more on sending ya riders "trick lists", and what clothes to wear while doing said tricks.

hahahahahaha fuck you Jamie thomas

You may have "won over" some sheep on this forum, but some of us here still know how much of a joke you are to the majority of the skateboard industry.
Not to toot my own horn but Dyrdek was NEVER on my level and never will be.
I aint got no love for you bitches.

Lurkenstock

« Reply #359 on: May 09, 2008, 07:39:47 PM »
anyone read Clyde Singleton's blog lately?

http://clydesingleton.blogspot.com/

feel free to discuss...
I know Clyde didn't just say something along the lines of "same 5 tricks", did he?