Author Topic: The Slap Message Boards and the Trial of Jamie Thomas  (Read 86336 times)

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Slap Message Boards and the Trial of Jamie Thomas
« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2008, 07:04:55 AM »
Tedpod, under 13 or over 31?

i've got my money on 13 but sadly it's probably 31

Tedpod

• Rep: -16
« Reply #391 on: May 11, 2008, 07:14:33 AM »
what my age??... 25

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #392 on: May 11, 2008, 07:27:16 AM »
Embarrassing...
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

Tedpod

« Reply #393 on: May 11, 2008, 07:37:29 AM »
Embarrassing...

and why is that?...because im not E-cool...im not the right age...bummer for me guess i wont get a bunch of "rep points" this is the shit im talking about my age has absolutley nothing to do with my opinion...if iwere 13 i'd be too you ng to have an actual opinion and everyone would say grow up you havent skated long enough to know"

if i were 31 everyone woauld call me a fossil and ell me to go skate a bowl and talk about bill danforth...

the internet is whatever, i could give two shits about my popularity but its hard to sit around and watch people blabble off bullshit that simply doesnt make sense, and is honestly hypocritical

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #394 on: May 11, 2008, 08:13:22 AM »
I meant the whole thread.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

Tedpod

« Reply #395 on: May 11, 2008, 08:22:04 AM »
I meant the whole thread.

cool, sometimes its really hard to know what people are saying...sorry to be on the defense

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
« Reply #396 on: May 11, 2008, 09:57:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"dressing up your jealousy" ya know basically coming up with reasons to hate on someone when the true reason could be rooted back to jealousy...and of course you can hate someone and not be jealous of them..but most of the kids who i grew up skating with were jealous that the kid that looks like a person who couldn't spell skateboard was better then them

I agree cardiel is sick, one of my favorite people to watch skate..and the epicly laterd series was awesome and definitley struck some nerves...but theres only one CARDIEL.. .and nobody is taking away from that nobody can take what hes overcome away from him...but why ever compare sheckler to cardiel...they arent even comparable , but because cardiel is a true dude does that automatically make sheckler a piece of shit?...i dont think so..it cant be that black and white... personally id rather watch cardiel than sheckler skate but i can still get stoked on seeing a video part from ryan..its all skating to me...all the politics is what kills it for me...

and in all seriousness the quote "my video part should be pretty amazing" i mean it can come off weird, but i mean would you rather him say oh its going to suck?/..i mean what would be the right answer...?....

i feel like skateboarding is put on trial like this..l ike pick one cardiel or sheckler....vans or emerica, jamie thomas or reynolds...and thats not fair...why cant i like everything..why cant it all be sick.. why cant i get stoked on every single motherfucker  riding a skateboard no matter whether that person thinks there feeble is sick or not....because were talking about skating...now if it wasl like who would i rather chill with..hands down id pick cards, he seems like a true dude...i dont know..skateboarding should just be simple...i liked it more when i didnt know shit about it
[close]

thanks for coming out....

[close]

sarcasm , ??honestly cant tell

neither could JT but he was smart enough to try to figure it out, versus just coming on here and telling everyone they don't know shit.....

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #397 on: May 11, 2008, 10:55:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"dressing up your jealousy" ya know basically coming up with reasons to hate on someone when the true reason could be rooted back to jealousy...and of course you can hate someone and not be jealous of them..but most of the kids who i grew up skating with were jealous that the kid that looks like a person who couldn't spell skateboard was better then them

I agree cardiel is sick, one of my favorite people to watch skate..and the epicly laterd series was awesome and definitley struck some nerves...but theres only one CARDIEL.. .and nobody is taking away from that nobody can take what hes overcome away from him...but why ever compare sheckler to cardiel...they arent even comparable , but because cardiel is a true dude does that automatically make sheckler a piece of shit?...i dont think so..it cant be that black and white... personally id rather watch cardiel than sheckler skate but i can still get stoked on seeing a video part from ryan..its all skating to me...all the politics is what kills it for me...

and in all seriousness the quote "my video part should be pretty amazing" i mean it can come off weird, but i mean would you rather him say oh its going to suck?/..i mean what would be the right answer...?....

i feel like skateboarding is put on trial like this..l ike pick one cardiel or sheckler....vans or emerica, jamie thomas or reynolds...and thats not fair...why cant i like everything..why cant it all be sick.. why cant i get stoked on every single motherfucker  riding a skateboard no matter whether that person thinks there feeble is sick or not....because were talking about skating...now if it wasl like who would i rather chill with..hands down id pick cards, he seems like a true dude...i dont know..skateboarding should just be simple...i liked it more when i didnt know shit about it
[close]

thanks for coming out....

[close]

sarcasm , ??honestly cant tell
[close]

neither could JT but he was smart enough to try to figure it out, versus just coming on here and telling everyone they don't know shit.....

honestly, pm driftwood or something...youre charactarizing all of us and it sounds ignorant..although i do agree with both of you on some points .. i hate you both

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #398 on: May 11, 2008, 11:40:24 AM »
Otis may be a dick, but he is totally right on this one. These guys package themselves as a commodity. That includes every pro skater. When you are selling things using your image, there is a legitimate reason for a person to reject your sales pitch. Its not about personally knowing somebody. In pro skating a pro skater markets themself, and the target audience has every right to reject this commodity. And if a person commodifies their private life by having a reality show, it becomes the target audiece's right to reject that commodity as well.

Jamie, you said the last thing you want is our money. Come on now. I'm not saying that you want us to give you all of our money until we can't afford to eat anymore, but you definitely want our money. If not ours, whos? Who is your target audience? If it isn't us, its people who come on here and are influenced by us, right? I'm not saying you are like the guys at Nike who don't care about skating and only got involved in it to make a quick buck, but I'm guessing you figured you couldn't be jumping down 20 foot drops forever, and knew you had to make a living some how. That's fine. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, its quite admirable that you love skating enough that you found a way to be involved in it even after you can't skate. But, you do want our money, and thats ok.

Tedpod, the jealousy thing is stupid there are a lot of guys out there making shitloads of money skating who I like, why am I not jealous of them?  And those guys who I say should be getting more, what selfish part of my morality does that go into? What is really dumb about all the shit you are saying is 1) you are just getting your arguments from magazines opinions of the boards. Of course this place does call them out consistently as industry whores, but that shouldn't give them any reason to talk bad about it... right? 2) It implies one single mentality of a board that has a membership of over 7000. To think you have an idea what everybody on here is thinking when they say what they say is ridiculous. There are a huge variety of opinions on here. Most of the time all you see is arguments in every thread, and the people who get the most hate on here aren't pros, but other posters on the board. When the overwhelming majority agrees one guy is a kook, its not because all of them are jealous, the odds are, he's fucking lame.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Tedpod

« Reply #399 on: May 11, 2008, 12:50:26 PM »
Otis may be a dick, but he is totally right on this one. These guys package themselves as a commodity. That includes every pro skater. When you are selling things using your image, there is a legitimate reason for a person to reject your sales pitch. Its not about personally knowing somebody. In pro skating a pro skater markets themself, and the target audience has every right to reject this commodity. And if a person commodifies their private life by having a reality show, it becomes the target audiece's right to reject that commodity as well.

Jamie, you said the last thing you want is our money. Come on now. I'm not saying that you want us to give you all of our money until we can't afford to eat anymore, but you definitely want our money. If not ours, whos? Who is your target audience? If it isn't us, its people who come on here and are influenced by us, right? I'm not saying you are like the guys at Nike who don't care about skating and only got involved in it to make a quick buck, but I'm guessing you figured you couldn't be jumping down 20 foot drops forever, and knew you had to make a living some how. That's fine. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, its quite admirable that you love skating enough that you found a way to be involved in it even after you can't skate. But, you do want our money, and thats ok.

Tedpod, the jealousy thing is stupid there are a lot of guys out there making shitloads of money skating who I like, why am I not jealous of them?  And those guys who I say should be getting more, what selfish part of my morality does that go into? What is really dumb about all the shit you are saying is 1) you are just getting your arguments from magazines opinions of the boards. Of course this place does call them out consistently as industry whores, but that shouldn't give them any reason to talk bad about it... right? 2) It implies one single mentality of a board that has a membership of over 7000. To think you have an idea what everybody on here is thinking when they say what they say is ridiculous. There are a huge variety of opinions on here. Most of the time all you see is arguments in every thread, and the people who get the most hate on here aren't pros, but other posters on the board. When the overwhelming majority agrees one guy is a kook, its not because all of them are jealous, the odds are, he's fucking lame.

i was referring to jealousy talking about sheckler, not JT, maybe jealousy isnt the correct word..envy maybe...basically sheckler doesnt represent what  alot of skateboarders feel skating is about and he is the most in your or face..hes on tv, hes the hot topic the guy people love to hate...whatever blah blah...i just  think its silly to  hate someone's personality and then transcend into his skating?...you cant take away the fact the kid can skateboard...

ill be the first to apologize for making a generalization , it wasnt my intention..when i was saying "you" or "everyone" i was speaking about the people who have ill feelings...not  EVERYONE...i just cant address individuals  on each comment ...hopefully no offense was taken because it wasnt intentional. furthermore the arguments im making arent from mags, there from watching whats going on here, and comparing that to my personal experience with skating and having the chance to know some of the guys who get there assholes reamed for no good reason...i just think if theres  a dozen kids on here talking shit about someone, who i feel isnt doing anything wrong , and has been nothing but cool with me, then sticking up for them is deserved, i understand its a message board and it here for entertainment..but its immature to  use people as scapegoats for whats "wrong with skateboarding"

i just dont quite understand why theres a hate for someone starting a company...every skateboard you buy comes from a company...in a world where nike has the highest selling skate shoe(yes theres alot of people buying the shoes that dont skate...but theres alot who do) i think its regular to hate someone who actually rides a skateboard, has put in time behind a skateboard, and still skates every day....of course JT wants your money...but hes not forcing you to buy his product...nobody starts a business to be broke...when JT made the statement "i dont want your money" i think its pretty obvious he only wants the money of those who want to support him..again he's not making you do shit....(this is just in agreement with you gipper)

im rambling but i think it comes down personal belief and experience..i think if you chilled with some of the people you talk shit on, or skated witht hem you'd come away with a different point of view...maybe sheckler is a dick, whiny cocky gaylord...but id rather see for myself not fall in line with others who already just think that because they read an interview, or its a popular consensus on a msg board..just like some of you probably assume im an ass kissing faggot..if we chilled and skated together youd think different im sure of it...again not the point..sorry ....skateboarding again isnt that serious..its a piece of wood with wheels on it

Perfection

• Rep: 59
« Reply #400 on: May 11, 2008, 12:55:37 PM »
You like tattoos man?
          o_O

℗The P҉̵̞̟̠̖̗ E҉̵ R҉̵ F҉̵ E҉̵ C҉̵ T҉̵ I҉̵ O҉̵ N҉̵̞̟̠̖̗  Forum

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #401 on: May 11, 2008, 12:57:52 PM »
This thread got interesting again.

let's just sit back and relax

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #402 on: May 11, 2008, 01:01:20 PM »
The hate for Jamie Thomas is from accounts trying to start controversy.

And I don't understand what you are saying about Shecky... Everyone hates on his personality, not because they "envy" him but because he's a real bitch of a person. No one hates on his skating either. Most people say he's damn good on a board, but that doesn't mean that we should like him.
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #403 on: May 11, 2008, 01:04:57 PM »
Sheckler is talented, but kind of boring, and everything about him that I know makes me want to root against him. His personality gets in the way of his skating.

SLAPTASTIC

• Rep: -19
« Reply #404 on: May 11, 2008, 01:10:38 PM »
Jamie what is your favourite company (image, team, product wise) in skateboarding, aside from your own brands?

mini greek

• Rep: 32
« Reply #405 on: May 11, 2008, 01:13:24 PM »
It all boils down to drama, people love it, for whatever reason, it's human nature.  People love to see whats going wrong in other people's lives, because it strangely makes them feel more secure about their own.  This board(or at least topics such as this on this board) is just a forum for people to create drama, and can be just as entertaining as watching the latest network reality show(personally I prefer The Hills, and if that makes me a fag, so be it).  If everyone came on here starting topics like, "So and So pro is the best appreciation post", nobody would sign in numerous times a day, while at work, to check and see what's been said last.  Saying, "I hate this pro because blah blah blah reason" makes this message board shit fun.  I don't know if I'd be saying the same thing if I were Jamie or Sheckler, having to take the hate, but I'm not either of them, so I'll play the game.  Seriously, it's all in good fun for the most part, but if you are reading this thread and you have to get up from your computer because you're so enraged at what people are saying, then maybe you should find something else to occupy your free time.  This shit is just not that serious.  There are lovers and haters in every facet of life, shit makes the world go round.  It's been said before, If you aint being hated on, you aint doin shit right.  It's better to be controversial and hated, but talked about, than to be Sugar Sports Skateboards and not talked about at all.
With all that being said, who the fuck is Clyde to say shit about anyone?  Dude been takin scrub jobs from anyone in skateboarding who'll throw him a bone, just so he can stay "relevant" today.  I've never ever heard anyone mention his name in their "Top Skaters of All-Time" list.  How can you be so "thugg" and be from Florida?  And any "thuggness" you may have, is completely null and void the moment you back Ryan Sheckler over Jamie Thomas.  5 trick parts that ruined skateboarding?  Well the same could be said about Sheckler because in that one video he.....well in that other video there was that one part....no, but seriously he had that line that one time......fuck, has Sheckler even filmed a legitimate full part?  I mean, yeah he's got contest footage on lock, but anything else?  
Get litty.....

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #406 on: May 11, 2008, 01:18:06 PM »
hes had like 3 full parts already. if you're gonna hate on someone for never having a legit part how about shaun white? i can name a million vert pros that compete alot and still put out legit parts
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 01:20:28 PM by GIRL Workshop B »

ed...

• Rep: 57
« Reply #407 on: May 11, 2008, 01:22:18 PM »
ok, Shaun White sucks dick.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #408 on: May 11, 2008, 01:23:53 PM »
Yeah man, nobody likes vert.  >:(

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #409 on: May 11, 2008, 01:24:54 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v1O0PvpRwDw

Here's his "amazing" part guys! Yeah shecky, pretty amazing.

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #410 on: May 11, 2008, 01:34:40 PM »
of course it's not amazing. digital and oakley was just throwaway parts, he was just a  little kid in the almost video so just wait for his plan b part.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #411 on: May 11, 2008, 01:38:21 PM »
so basically, he's never had a legit pro part? Circles and circles and circles.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #412 on: May 11, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »
of course it's not amazing. digital and oakley was just throwaway parts, he was just a  little kid in the almost video so just wait for his plan b part.

But he said himself it was going to be amazing!!!!!

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #413 on: May 11, 2008, 01:42:52 PM »
the almost part was a legitpart. what i meant was he was young so hes not gonna do some super-tech shit. people improve, i thought ike mo was just switch flips and tre flips when i saw his forecast part but his fully flared part was nuts

Rusty Champignon

« Reply #414 on: May 11, 2008, 01:44:34 PM »
the almost part was a legitpart.

are you fucking serious?

SLAPTASTIC

• Rep: -19
« Reply #415 on: May 11, 2008, 01:45:42 PM »

are you actually serious?

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #416 on: May 11, 2008, 01:46:45 PM »
ok then what does "legit" mean to you guys? i thought it just meant having a full part that wasn't all throwaway footage

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #417 on: May 11, 2008, 01:47:31 PM »
the almost part was a legitpart. what i meant was he was young so hes not gonna do some super-tech shit. people improve, i thought ike mo was just switch flips and tre flips when i saw his forecast part but his fully flared part was nuts

Oakley wasn't released that long ago.

Rusty Champignon

« Reply #418 on: May 11, 2008, 01:48:51 PM »
ok then what does "legit" mean to you guys? i thought it just meant having a full part that wasn't all throwaway footage

It's hard to find the words to describe how much I fucking hate you

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #419 on: May 11, 2008, 01:49:35 PM »
like i said oakley was probably throwaway. tell me would you put all your best footage for your sunglass sponsor's video or would you save it for your board sponsor's video?