Author Topic: The Slap Message Boards and the Trial of Jamie Thomas  (Read 86333 times)

Prison Wallet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Slap Message Boards and the Trial of Jamie Thomas
« Reply #720 on: May 21, 2008, 07:53:37 PM »
i see alot of the more gangster kids skating pink wheels. dope as fuck but i couldn't see myself skating with pink wheels

That's funny 'cause pink wheels are exactly what I could picture you skating.

eat.shit

• Rep: 14
« Reply #721 on: May 21, 2008, 08:16:10 PM »
Jesco, get real. Don't you know the new trend is 8'' board with 8'' indys, 53 mm spitfires, white v-necks, with a flannel, brown cords, and a pair of Vans authentics? Geez. THATS what he looks like.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #722 on: May 21, 2008, 08:23:18 PM »
Jesco, get real. Don't you know the new trend is 8'' board with 8'' indys, 53 mm spitfires, white v-necks, with a flannel, brown cords, and a pair of Vans authentics? Geez. THATS what he looks like.
That's what Slap pals look like; this kid seems more like the 12 yr old Pac Sun shopping type.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #723 on: May 21, 2008, 09:04:13 PM »
Jesco, get real. Don't you know the new trend is 7.56'' board with thunders, 51 mm fast lifes, white t's, with a wind-breaker, blue jeans, and a pair of Vans? Geez. THATS what I look like.
Damn summed me up to a tee, ya'll skate?
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

BriDen

« Reply #724 on: May 21, 2008, 09:07:50 PM »
I'm rocking some 60mm bright green bargain bin flatspotted-as-fuck wheels. Is it excusable if I can't afford white ones?

jomomma

• Rep: -4
« Reply #725 on: May 21, 2008, 09:22:28 PM »
what i want to know is... do colored trucks count too?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #726 on: May 21, 2008, 09:53:39 PM »
Gipper, it must suck ass to skate with you. I wouldn't want to skate with someone who doesn't know how to relax and is instead constantly looking for things to judge me on. I doubt that you would actually deny skating with someone based solely on disliking their gear but if you did, get off yer high horse.
God bless you. Getting all worked up because I can't relax.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ProjectPatrick

« Reply #727 on: May 21, 2008, 11:38:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Gipper, it must suck ass to skate with you. I wouldn't want to skate with someone who doesn't know how to relax and is instead constantly looking for things to judge me on. I doubt that you would actually deny skating with someone based solely on disliking their gear but if you did, get off yer high horse.
[close]
God bless you. Getting all worked up because I can't relax.
I wasn't worked up at all, actually. I was just trying to better know the man, the mystery, the Gipper.
Is there a soft side behind the self proclaimed elitist? Does he actually think people who skate colored wheels are beneath him? Would he fail a student for proudly brandishing colored grip? Answers I may never know since you didn't really respond to my accusations of you being stuck up.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #728 on: May 22, 2008, 12:46:43 AM »
i've had the same pair of pink krux trucks for like four years now.  i think they're kinda lame now and i want to try indys but i'm really scared of new trucks, i'm so used to the way these turn...

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #729 on: May 22, 2008, 12:52:22 AM »
i've had the same pair of pink krux trucks for like four years now.  i think they're kinda lame now and i want to try indys but i'm really scared of new trucks, i'm so used to the way these turn...
How have you kept them for so long? do you not grind?

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #730 on: May 22, 2008, 01:00:46 AM »
nah i do a lot of grinding actually

they're pretty worn away but do trucks really break?  the only time that's ever happened to me is with a pair of tensors.

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #731 on: May 22, 2008, 05:11:30 AM »
i break the new indy baseplates about every 6 months.  i couldnt imagine 4 years on a set of trucks
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

Rusty Champignon

« Reply #732 on: May 22, 2008, 05:15:13 AM »
i've never broken indys but ive broken countless amounts of ventures, thats why I made the switch to indy, now theres no going back

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #733 on: May 22, 2008, 05:59:52 AM »
i break the new indy baseplates about every 6 months.  i couldnt imagine 4 years on a set of trucks

Damn, how much do you weigh? Every six months? I guess it's only the baseplates you're talking about but it seems like it takes me 6 months to get a pair of Indys broken in.

I've worn trucks out but they only time I've really broken them is when they've been chomped by cars.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #734 on: May 22, 2008, 06:42:53 AM »

I thought similar.
Don't know about you Gipper, but I think it's good to strive to be less harsh and less of an elitist.
Of course I'm guilty of judging people for liking crap I think's wack, but I'm not proud of it.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #735 on: May 22, 2008, 07:21:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, how much do you weigh? Every six months? I guess it's only the baseplates you're talking about but it seems like it takes me 6 months to get a pair of Indys broken in.

I've worn trucks out but they only time I've really broken them is when they've been chomped by cars.
i weigh 155 and im 6'1... i usually break em on fs blunts or noseblunts.  the old ones without the holes in the baseplate i never had a problem with, but these break right down the center, thru the holes.
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #736 on: May 22, 2008, 08:15:34 AM »
I doubt that you would actually deny skating with someone based solely on disliking their gear but if you did, get off yer high horse.

why do you doubt that, skaters have been doing this forever and it's one of the things that made skateboarding great, you should hang out with the girl team for a day.

and frankly the best thing skaters as a whole could do right now is collectively get back on their high horse.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #737 on: May 22, 2008, 08:37:29 AM »
Expand Quote
I doubt that you would actually deny skating with someone based solely on disliking their gear but if you did, get off yer high horse.
[close]

why do you doubt that, skaters have been doing this forever and it's one of the things that made skateboarding great, you should hang out with the girl team for a day.

and frankly the best thing skaters as a whole could do right now is collectively get back on their high horse.

at least you're consistent
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #738 on: May 22, 2008, 09:06:08 AM »
I made the switch from Krux lows to Indy lows a few months ago, and not only was the transition from one truck to the other easy to make, but I came out feeling like the Indys turn even more like I wanted my trucks to turn. It's all personal preference of course, but if you're comfortable on Krux, you should adapt to some new Indys just fine.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #739 on: May 22, 2008, 09:15:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I thought similar.
Don't know about you Gipper, but I think it's good to strive to be less harsh and less of an elitist.
Of course I'm guilty of judging people for liking crap I think's wack, but I'm not proud of it.

Jamie Thomas accusing me of being too serious? Fuck you bitch. You have a reputation that no matter how you spin just screams "skateboarding is serious business." You force your riders to do tricks to stay on the team, make them dress like fucking clowns to sell boards,  and have an entire ad series entitled "Die trying." Maybe you could relax a little. And no, I'm not going to buy your stupid little explainations and think, "Hey, Jamie Thomas is just one of the guys, like us!" Fuck that. You are a corporate CEO who comes on here to spin his image and sell his product. Don't feed me your bullshit. I've let it slide, but if you are going to come out like that and accuse me of shit, get ready for your head on the chopping block.
You are such a fucking hypocrite. You get pissed when people want to skate your private park, but then you get pissed when people won't take you to their private spot. What makes you so fucking entitled? Way I heard it you were straight up rude too. Then you even considered posting directions to the pool? Who cares if it won't do any harm, it wasn't your fucking pool to expose. But you feel like some sort of entitled god of the industry, so it did cross your mind. I forgot though, you were on the serious contest known as "king of the road." Remember that? When you took the shit so seriously half of your team riders ended up hurt, and the last time you won it everybody booed you off for taking it so seriously? I think you remember, that's why you didn't come back.  Call me an elitest? Call me too serious? Call me too harsh? Fuck you. I skate for fun, and have fun when I skate.

So Mr. Gipper-is-too-serious, When was the last time you just went out and pushed around? Just jumped on a bus to a random part in town and pushed, no camera, no agenda, just having fun. I bet its been 10 years. I do it all the time. I live for it. Who cares what I think about wheels and shit? My opinion is different than yours, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun.

The thing is, I'm not even that picky. Ask a lot of people what they think of Sheckler, colored wheels, or certain flip tricks, and they may be perfectly reasonable people, but will think Sheckler has no business in skateboarding, colored wheels make your board look like a toy, and some flip tricks, whether its a pressure flip, an illusion flip, or a heelflip look ugly. I can be positive too, but I'm not going to pretend some of the bullshit some of the 13 year olds on here are pushing as "cool" is ok.

P.S. "Consistent," Jamie? At least I don't do sketchy shit and then talk like its all about the love on here. Your actions don't match your p.r words.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #740 on: May 22, 2008, 09:42:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I thought similar.

[close]
Jamie Thomas accusing me of being too serious? Fuck you bitch. You have a reputation that no matter how you spin just screams "skateboarding is serious business." You force your riders to do tricks to stay on the team, make them dress like fucking clowns to sell boards,  and have an entire ad series entitled "Die trying." Maybe you could relax a little. And no, I'm not going to buy your stupid little explainations and think, "Hey, Jamie Thomas is just one of the guys, like us!" Fuck that. You are a corporate CEO who comes on here to spin his image and sell his product. Don't feed me your bullshit. I've let it slide, but if you are going to come out like that and accuse me of shit, get ready for your head on the chopping block.
You are such a fucking hypocrite. You get pissed when people want to skate your private park, but then you get pissed when people won't take you to their private spot. What makes you so fucking entitled? Way I heard it you were straight up rude too. Then you even considered posting directions to the pool? Who cares if it won't do any harm, it wasn't your fucking pool to expose. But you feel like some sort of entitled god of the industry, so it did cross your mind. I forgot though, you were on the serious contest known as "king of the road." Remember that? When you took the shit so seriously half of your team riders ended up hurt, and the last time you won it everybody booed you off for taking it so seriously? I think you remember, that's why you didn't come back.  Call me an elitest? Call me too serious? Call me too harsh? Fuck you. I skate for fun, and have fun when I skate.

So Mr. Gipper-is-too-serious, When was the last time you just went out and pushed around? Just jumped on a bus to a random part in town and pushed, no camera, no agenda, just having fun. I bet its been 10 years. I do it all the time. I live for it. Who cares what I think about wheels and shit? My opinion is different than yours, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun.

The thing is, I'm not even that picky. Ask a lot of people what they think of Sheckler, colored wheels, or certain flip tricks, and they may be perfectly reasonable people, but will think Sheckler has no business in skateboarding, colored wheels make your board look like a toy, and some flip tricks, whether its a pressure flip, an illusion flip, or a heelflip look ugly. I can be positive too, but I'm not going to pretend some of the bullshit some of the 13 year olds on here are pushing as "cool" is ok.

P.S. "Consistent," Jamie? At least I don't do sketchy shit and then talk like its all about the love on here. Your actions don't match your p.r words.

Wow, you got pissed.
I was trying to be encouraging, not call you out or suggest that you're lame.
Thanks for all the insight though, I'll work on the stuff I can.
Peace.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #741 on: May 22, 2008, 09:47:11 AM »
Oh Jamie, if they only made bicycles that went backwards you'd be a fucking olympian with all your backpeddling.  That was shit talking on your side, and you got called out because you are a hypocrite ceo who wants people to think he just loves skating, thats all, and now you are doing your CEO backpeddling to try to keep a good image.

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #742 on: May 22, 2008, 09:50:09 AM »
ok, clyde replied.

Quote from: cylde singleton's blog
first off, i dont have time to read "comments". mainly because they're worthless, faceless fokkboys who wouldnt chime half that shyt in my face. also, because people dont THINK about what they speak of, before they speak... these dudes are in the middle of Kumbuttfukkville, living vicariously through skateboard sites. and im the anystreet/city- everyday. i dont sit in a office and "report". im actually out here- EVERYDAY. making moves, and money. u mad, Scooby? with that said- recently, i wrote a post re:Jamie Thomas, and something he'd "reportedly" said about Sheckler. while some dont know Jamie and I go back like spinal cords(ie: the word "respect was used accordingly throughout the post), it seems as if skateboarding wants a Clyde & Jamie Thomas "beef". 1st off- i dont "beef" with skaters(or my FRIENDS). 2nd. for the 5,797,700,067,060,5090 time- IM NOT A PRO SKATER ANYMORE, NOR DO I WANT TO BE. I WALKED AWAY WITH MY HEAD UP YEARS AGO, WITH PLENTY OF OFFERS ON THE TABLE(AND, STILL GET OFFERS- DAILY) i think that FACT still seems to hurt some people feelings, so i let em roll with whateever they want.

Back to the subject.. Jamie was kind enough to reply(in a civilized manner- thanks JT), ans lets take a look at what he wrote:

Clyde,
I never said young blood was ruining skating.
I was misquoted and homie got bent. I had a conversation w/ D way about the direction of skateboarding and the corporatification of it and somehow he used me/a conversation we had as an example to try and get a point across to sheckler.
I talked to him and I called shecks to let em know even though I don't agree with all his choices etc..it's not my style and I have better shit to worry about that talkin pointless shit on him.

seems pretty jacked that you just took this and ran with it without getting some facts from your boy
...and then you felt it was your responsibility to put me in place by basically saying I ruined shit with 5 trick handrail parts and regertitating some half assed rumors about the way I run my shit.

It's cool though, I can take it.
Peace,
JT

4:54 AM

lets dissect this-

first.. i didnt take anything, and "run with it". it was printed(several times i may add) and these same publications who printed it, from my knowledge(i actually- KNOW this) "check" with you before your name, or likeness is used in anyway whatsoever. trust me Jamie. I KNOW THIS. so it seems to me as if the "blame" should go to the magazines to "check with you" before they let ANYONE "run with what you said" before things of this nature come to light.. you cant hate the gator, hate the lake its swimming in. Id assume the same guys who wouldnt let me make one single reference to you, wouldnt let something negative/untrue be published about you. especially anything being said by a "skateboarding superstar".

second... cmon, fam. i didnt say YOU ruined skateboarding. i said THAT PHASE of skateboarding "ruined skateboarding". and how YOU, being from that era of skateboarding(as well as myself)- couldnt see that, is pretty funny/ironic. i, as well as yoursef KNOW DAMN WELL you can do more than "5 tricks"! lets be serious here. we grew up skating together, fam. i stayed at your house the first time i came to Cali. trust me- Im WELL aware you can not only do more than 5 tricks, but youre a talented skateboarder. to dispute that, would make me... stupid. we both know a "5 trick dummy" wouldnt make it as far as you have in anything.. dont let these okee-doke ass internet kids, or what you think im saying- lead you to get it twisted.. so. relax. be easy. dont reach into what i said like that.

third.. what "half-assed rumor"? re:the clothes, and trick list?!? are you saying you've NEVER sent a box of clothes, with a list of tricks and what to wear included to a Black Box rider!??!? uuumm.. wow. just.. wow. imma leave it right there. but what i will say- I DONT LIE.

in closing, i wanna thank Jamie for his response regarding the situation. and all the dummies who think theres some "beef" going on.. id like to also thank the publications who normally dont let DAMN NEAR ANYTHING re: Jamie Thomas, for just running with something that obviously wasnt true.. if you didnt say it- cool. thank YOU for clearing it up. even if it had to be done on my blog.

well. that sucked... i was all set to run this piFFtastic piece on Nocturnal Skateshop, and how they stole NJ Skateshops "Battle of the Shops" 1st place trophy. took photos wearing terrorists gear, and sent em back to NJ with a ransom note.. i got the flicks, and- gaaaawtdayum. it'll have to wait until tomorrow. yall be easy, and you geekboys REALLY should stay off the in'nuhnet, and get outside and get fresh air. some puzzay. suhn'tin! and before i go- MINORITY REPORT 2. COMING THIS FALL.

the movements still moving.. u mad, Scooby?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #743 on: May 22, 2008, 09:56:29 AM »
Oh cute! Somebody all about his blog tells others to get off the internet over the internet!

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #744 on: May 22, 2008, 10:01:06 AM »
Oh Jamie, if they only made bicycles that went backwards you'd be a fucking olympian with all your backpeddling.  That was shit talking on your side, and you got called out because you are a hypocrite ceo who wants people to think he just loves skating, thats all, and now you are doing your CEO backpeddling to try to keep a good image.

No back peddling, I wasn't meaning for it to be shit talking, so that either means I'm stupid or you took it way too personal.
You can decide which happened. My point was to let you know that you sounded really harsh and elitist, that's it.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #745 on: May 22, 2008, 10:04:13 AM »
Was Publius shit talking? Was your entire post not to simply pile on to what he said?

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #746 on: May 22, 2008, 10:18:59 AM »
I refuse to attempt to read Clyde's reply.

Can the dude who originally translated please step forward? You are needed like Locke in Lost.

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #747 on: May 22, 2008, 10:32:42 AM »
Got me some 57mm spitfire olsons coming in the mail. hyped.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 10:43:13 AM by Sony MDR V2 Headphones »

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #748 on: May 22, 2008, 10:37:23 AM »
Was Publius shit talking? Was your entire post not to simply pile on to what he said?

His was a little harsh, that's why I said, I thought similar.
My similar was like I said "that you sounded really harsh and elitist."

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #749 on: May 22, 2008, 11:03:05 AM »
I seriously got a headache 4 lines in trying to read Clyde's blog.

What an idiot.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari