Author Topic: The Slap Message Boards and the Trial of Jamie Thomas  (Read 86315 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Slap Message Boards and the Trial of Jamie Thomas
« Reply #750 on: May 22, 2008, 11:29:13 AM »
ok, clyde replied.

Quote from: cylde singleton's blog
Expand Quote
first off, i dont have time to read "comments". mainly because they're worthless, faceless fokkboys who wouldnt chime half that shyt in my face. also, because people dont THINK about what they speak of, before they speak... these dudes are in the middle of Kumbuttfukkville, living vicariously through skateboard sites. and im the anystreet/city- everyday. i dont sit in a office and "report". im actually out here- EVERYDAY. making moves, and money. u mad, Scooby? with that said- recently, i wrote a post re:Jamie Thomas, and something he'd "reportedly" said about Sheckler. while some dont know Jamie and I go back like spinal cords(ie: the word "respect was used accordingly throughout the post), it seems as if skateboarding wants a Clyde & Jamie Thomas "beef". 1st off- i dont "beef" with skaters(or my FRIENDS). 2nd. for the 5,797,700,067,060,5090 time- IM NOT A PRO SKATER ANYMORE, NOR DO I WANT TO BE. I WALKED AWAY WITH MY HEAD UP YEARS AGO, WITH PLENTY OF OFFERS ON THE TABLE(AND, STILL GET OFFERS- DAILY) i think that FACT still seems to hurt some people feelings, so i let em roll with whateever they want.

Back to the subject.. Jamie was kind enough to reply(in a civilized manner- thanks JT), ans lets take a look at what he wrote:

Clyde,
I never said young blood was ruining skating.
I was misquoted and homie got bent. I had a conversation w/ D way about the direction of skateboarding and the corporatification of it and somehow he used me/a conversation we had as an example to try and get a point across to sheckler.
I talked to him and I called shecks to let em know even though I don't agree with all his choices etc..it's not my style and I have better shit to worry about that talkin pointless shit on him.

seems pretty jacked that you just took this and ran with it without getting some facts from your boy
...and then you felt it was your responsibility to put me in place by basically saying I ruined shit with 5 trick handrail parts and regertitating some half assed rumors about the way I run my shit.

It's cool though, I can take it.
Peace,
JT

4:54 AM

lets dissect this-

first.. i didnt take anything, and "run with it". it was printed(several times i may add) and these same publications who printed it, from my knowledge(i actually- KNOW this) "check" with you before your name, or likeness is used in anyway whatsoever. trust me Jamie. I KNOW THIS. so it seems to me as if the "blame" should go to the magazines to "check with you" before they let ANYONE "run with what you said" before things of this nature come to light.. you cant hate the gator, hate the lake its swimming in. Id assume the same guys who wouldnt let me make one single reference to you, wouldnt let something negative/untrue be published about you. especially anything being said by a "skateboarding superstar".

second... cmon, fam. i didnt say YOU ruined skateboarding. i said THAT PHASE of skateboarding "ruined skateboarding". and how YOU, being from that era of skateboarding(as well as myself)- couldnt see that, is pretty funny/ironic. i, as well as yoursef KNOW DAMN WELL you can do more than "5 tricks"! lets be serious here. we grew up skating together, fam. i stayed at your house the first time i came to Cali. trust me- Im WELL aware you can not only do more than 5 tricks, but youre a talented skateboarder. to dispute that, would make me... stupid. we both know a "5 trick dummy" wouldnt make it as far as you have in anything.. dont let these okee-doke ass internet kids, or what you think im saying- lead you to get it twisted.. so. relax. be easy. dont reach into what i said like that.

third.. what "half-assed rumor"? re:the clothes, and trick list?!? are you saying you've NEVER sent a box of clothes, with a list of tricks and what to wear included to a Black Box rider!??!? uuumm.. wow. just.. wow. imma leave it right there. but what i will say- I DONT LIE.

in closing, i wanna thank Jamie for his response regarding the situation. and all the dummies who think theres some "beef" going on.. id like to also thank the publications who normally dont let DAMN NEAR ANYTHING re: Jamie Thomas, for just running with something that obviously wasnt true.. if you didnt say it- cool. thank YOU for clearing it up. even if it had to be done on my blog.

well. that sucked... i was all set to run this piFFtastic piece on Nocturnal Skateshop, and how they stole NJ Skateshops "Battle of the Shops" 1st place trophy. took photos wearing terrorists gear, and sent em back to NJ with a ransom note.. i got the flicks, and- gaaaawtdayum. it'll have to wait until tomorrow. yall be easy, and you geekboys REALLY should stay off the in'nuhnet, and get outside and get fresh air. some puzzay. suhn'tin! and before i go- MINORITY REPORT 2. COMING THIS FALL.

the movements still moving.. u mad, Scooby?
[close]
Here you go BB.
"First of all, I would like to address the comments made about me on messageboards: I haven't and don't read them because the posts are anonymous, and those people would not say what they say online to my face. These dudes are just typing all sorts of trash and not thinking about what they are even writing anyway. They live in the middle of nowhere and can only live the skatelife vicariously through internet websites. I am actually in the industry living the skate life. I make money from this.  You messageboarders are just jealous. With that said, let me address some controversy. Recently I made a post about Jamie Thomas and the rumor that he said mean things about Ryan Sheckler. People don't realize Jamie and I are long-time friends (I used the word respect a bunch for this reason). It appears as if skateboarding wants Jamie and I to be on bad terms. First of all, I don't want to be on bad terms with any skateboarders (or friends). Second of all, like I have said many times I AM NO LONGER A PROFESSIONAL SKATEBOARDER, NOR DO I WISH TO BE. I QUIT WITH MY PRIDE IN TACT, AND HAD MANY OFFERS FOR OTHER SPONSORSHIP (I STILL HAVE OFFERS FOR SPONSORSHIP) I think that FACT still upsets many people, So I let their insults roll off my back.
But I digress, lets get back on topic. Jamie responded to what I wrote (politely I may add, thank you!)  with this letter:
Clyde,
I never said young blood was ruining skating.
I was misquoted and homie got bent. I had a conversation w/ D way about the direction of skateboarding and the corporatification of it and somehow he used me/a conversation we had as an example to try and get a point across to sheckler.
I talked to him and I called shecks to let em know even though I don't agree with all his choices etc..it's not my style and I have better shit to worry about that talkin pointless shit on him.

seems pretty jacked that you just took this and ran with it without getting some facts from your boy
...and then you felt it was your responsibility to put me in place by basically saying I ruined shit with 5 trick handrail parts and regertitating some half assed rumors about the way I run my shit.

It's cool though, I can take it.
Peace,
JT

4:54 AM

Let's dissect what he said:

First of all Jamie, I didn't just repeat a speculative rumor, I repeated something printed in a magazine, and to my knowledge (and I do know what I am talking about) these magazines are supposed to check with you before a story about you, your name, or your photo is printed. I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. It seems to me that this is all the fault of the magazines for not doing fact checking with you before somebody wrote about what they printed. Don't hate me for printing a hateful blog about you, its my nature, really, its all the industry/magazine's faults. I would assume that the people who told me not talk shit on you before would tell me the same. Especially because you are a "star"

Next, Come on man! I didn't say you ruined skateboarding. I said the era you skated in ruined skateboarding, and you being from that era (just like I am) should know that this is the case, and are silly/stupid if you don't confirm this. I know you can do more than 5 tricks because we used to skate together, you are my friend. You used to let me crash at your place! You would not have made it this far if you only knew five tricks. Don't let your reading ability or the interpretations of others who have read my blog over the internet confuse you. Relax dude, don't read too far into it.

Third, what do you mean, "half -assed rumor." You mean to tell me you have not done those things, such as send new clothes or a trick list to a black box rider? Yeah, I'm not sure how to respond to such a ridiculous thing. Think what you want, but I DO NOT LIE.
IN closing, I would like to thank Jamie for his response, the internet kids for trying to instigate bad feelings between Jamie and I. Also, thank you to the mags, who usually tip toe around Jamie Thomas' controversies for printing something about him which apparently isn't true. If you didn't say it, its cool, glad we got things cleared up, even if it had to be so public.

That sucked, I was all set to write a wonderful piece about nocturnal skateshop, and how they beat out NJ skateshop for the title of "Top shop" I took a bunch of pictures of looking sketchy, and sent them to NJ to with a ransom note. I have the photos, and they are crazy! You'll have to wait for tomorrow though. Until then, internet geeks need to get off the computer and get some fresh air, or some pussy or something. Before I go, I wou8ld like to plug Minority Report 2, coming out this fall.

You can't stop us, you mad [reference to an earlier name he made to insult mb posters]"
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #751 on: May 22, 2008, 11:50:09 AM »
Anonymous said...

Clyde,
I know we've known each other for 17 years etc..
But by running with it, I meant you read sheckler's pull quotes and understood them to be fact.
When actually the conversation with Danny went different than was the way sheckler received it.

I also see though that you're still taking digs, but whatever. I'll respond to some of the things in your post.

True, I sent Cole an Ozzy shirt once cause I knew he liked Ozzy and the shirt was too big for me. I also sent him a pair of jeans once that we were going to make at Circa.
How this turned into me dressing riders on the regs is beyond me, but this is what I meant by a half-assed rumor.

The other was trick lists;
When parts are getting close to being done, I try to help the dudes with what types of stuff they still need. I try to let em know what they're missing and they ask for lists. Point is, I'm not at a desk barking orders at who needs to do what.

My point in responding was to let you know that I don't think an 18 year old dude on TV could ever single handedly ruin skateboarding and that shit hurt to read you hating on me for something I supposedly said about dude, like you've thought I was wack for years, but finally took the time to tell me over this.

I don't expect anyone to cry me a river, but thought I'd let you know that I still got nothing bad to say about you.
Peace,
JT
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #752 on: May 22, 2008, 11:51:52 AM »
PR spin #176
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #753 on: May 22, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »
jt, can you send me some cords.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #754 on: May 22, 2008, 11:57:39 AM »
Damn this whole fuckin shit has me completly lost, this shits changed into 4 different threads...Jamie get Clyde in here please, and Shekler too....
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #755 on: May 22, 2008, 11:58:42 AM »
PR spin #176
the end was the best part

Hatechild

« Reply #756 on: May 22, 2008, 12:13:55 PM »
Awwwh the Slap boards mends skater relationships once again.

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #757 on: May 22, 2008, 12:14:56 PM »
Clyde, quit your shit talking. Oh wait, that's just jizz oozing out after choking on Sheckler's man meat for so long. Easy, son, easy. You don't wanna cut off the flow oxygen to your brain resulting in you writing even more like some incoherent washed up person. Nah homie, it's all about coming up, right? I mean, you should know about coming up seeing how you dig bros coming all up in your ass, son. Gotta earn dem dolla billz yo.

Yours truly,
Girl Workshop B

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #758 on: May 22, 2008, 12:23:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Clyde, quit your shit talking. Oh wait, that's just jizz oozing out after choking on Sheckler's man meat for so long. Easy, son, easy. You don't wanna cut off the flow oxygen to your brain resulting in you writing even more like some incoherent washed up person. Nah homie, it's all about coming up, right? I mean, you should know about coming up seeing how you dig bros coming all up in your ass, son. Gotta earn dem dolla billz yo.

Yours truly,
Girl Workshop B
[close]

Wow, and this whole time i thought Zero Krooked D was uncool. You have totally redeemed yourself now...

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #759 on: May 22, 2008, 12:36:18 PM »
I ate del taco for lunch.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #760 on: May 22, 2008, 12:55:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Gipper, it must suck ass to skate with you. I wouldn't want to skate with someone who doesn't know how to relax and is instead constantly looking for things to judge me on. I doubt that you would actually deny skating with someone based solely on disliking their gear but if you did, get off yer high horse.
[close]

I thought similar.
Don't know about you Gipper, but I think it's good to strive to be less harsh and less of an elitist.
Of course I'm guilty of judging people for liking crap I think's wack, but I'm not proud of it.

[close]

Jamie Thomas accusing me of being too serious? Fuck you bitch. You have a reputation that no matter how you spin just screams "skateboarding is serious business." You force your riders to do tricks to stay on the team, make them dress like fucking clowns to sell boards,  and have an entire ad series entitled "Die trying." Maybe you could relax a little. And no, I'm not going to buy your stupid little explainations and think, "Hey, Jamie Thomas is just one of the guys, like us!" Fuck that. You are a corporate CEO who comes on here to spin his image and sell his product. Don't feed me your bullshit. I've let it slide, but if you are going to come out like that and accuse me of shit, get ready for your head on the chopping block.
You are such a fucking hypocrite. You get pissed when people want to skate your private park, but then you get pissed when people won't take you to their private spot. What makes you so fucking entitled? Way I heard it you were straight up rude too. Then you even considered posting directions to the pool? Who cares if it won't do any harm, it wasn't your fucking pool to expose. But you feel like some sort of entitled god of the industry, so it did cross your mind. I forgot though, you were on the serious contest known as "king of the road." Remember that? When you took the shit so seriously half of your team riders ended up hurt, and the last time you won it everybody booed you off for taking it so seriously? I think you remember, that's why you didn't come back.  Call me an elitest? Call me too serious? Call me too harsh? Fuck you. I skate for fun, and have fun when I skate.

So Mr. Gipper-is-too-serious, When was the last time you just went out and pushed around? Just jumped on a bus to a random part in town and pushed, no camera, no agenda, just having fun. I bet its been 10 years. I do it all the time. I live for it. Who cares what I think about wheels and shit? My opinion is different than yours, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun.

The thing is, I'm not even that picky. Ask a lot of people what they think of Sheckler, colored wheels, or certain flip tricks, and they may be perfectly reasonable people, but will think Sheckler has no business in skateboarding, colored wheels make your board look like a toy, and some flip tricks, whether its a pressure flip, an illusion flip, or a heelflip look ugly. I can be positive too, but I'm not going to pretend some of the bullshit some of the 13 year olds on here are pushing as "cool" is ok.

P.S. "Consistent," Jamie? At least I don't do sketchy shit and then talk like its all about the love on here. Your actions don't match your p.r words.

You're so fucking lame it's ridiculous.
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #761 on: May 22, 2008, 01:00:18 PM »
Cheeseburger
Fries
Bean Burrito
Soft taco
Root Beer

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #762 on: May 22, 2008, 01:01:03 PM »
wow, turkeylurkey sucks so fucking much it's insane
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #763 on: May 22, 2008, 01:02:59 PM »
They have cheeseburgers at del taco?
Brent still loves to just jump on the hate on me bandwagon, but that's ok, I don't respect any of his opinions anyway. He tries REALLY hard to fit in.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #764 on: May 22, 2008, 01:04:11 PM »
Pretty decent actually. A little too heavy on the ketchup though.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #765 on: May 22, 2008, 01:05:37 PM »
So is it like McDonalds with tacos or taco bell with burgers?

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #766 on: May 22, 2008, 01:11:24 PM »
clyde, you're a bitch. and if i was in jacksonville this sunday, i'd come up to you and say it right in your face. believe dat!

BriDen

« Reply #767 on: May 22, 2008, 01:14:21 PM »
I'd say neither, they do equally well on both fronts. Their burgers are so much better than I could have imagined, seeing as it's named "Del Taco" but the burgers can hold their own.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #768 on: May 22, 2008, 01:16:13 PM »
jt, can you send me some cords.

...as soon as you send me my jersey!

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #769 on: May 22, 2008, 01:19:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'd say neither, they do equally well on both fronts. Their burgers are so much better than I could have imagined, seeing as it's named "Del Taco" but the burgers can hold their own.
Agree, plus if you get a meal it comes with crinkle fries it's hard not to spend an extra dollar for the burger for the extra bloat.

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #770 on: May 22, 2008, 01:23:30 PM »
clyde, you're a bitch. and if i was in jacksonville this sunday, i'd come up to you and say it right in your face. believe dat!
i could do it for you if youd like... tho i dont think hed give a fuck about "tiger woods from slap boards" saying hes a bitch.

http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #771 on: May 22, 2008, 01:24:35 PM »
Clyde lives in LA

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #772 on: May 22, 2008, 01:27:01 PM »
hes in jax right now tho.
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #773 on: May 22, 2008, 01:34:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Clyde lives in LA

i don't think he would either cheep, but if you could, i'd love you forever.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #774 on: May 22, 2008, 01:52:43 PM »
It's kind of weird how Clyde was the guy who showed up Pharrell. I still credit him for that.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #775 on: May 22, 2008, 02:00:58 PM »
4 oz. whole milk
2 oz. espresso
1 oz. toasted marshmallow syrup
3 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
4 graham crackers
half cup of ice
blend
top with whipped cream and caramel
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 02:04:17 PM by viva hate »

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #776 on: May 22, 2008, 02:06:17 PM »

Clyde jus jealous Stevie aint got the love.

Hatechild

« Reply #777 on: May 22, 2008, 02:30:49 PM »

I highly doubt it! Clyde's one crazy mutha fucka.

ProjectPatrick

« Reply #778 on: May 22, 2008, 02:38:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Was Publius shit talking? Was your entire post not to simply pile on to what he said?
[close]

His was a little harsh, that's why I said, I thought similar.
My similar was like I said "that you sounded really harsh and elitist."
I don't know what you would call shit talking, but what I said definately did not fit the definition of shit talking down here. I made a statement of how I percieve your real personality based on your posts here. I always figured you tried to project yourself as an elitist considering you have proudly proclaimed yourself one at least once on here, so why would you get offended when Jaime agrees with me?

ohhhhhhhhhitsbdriftwood, just because the dudes on girl are judgemental assholes doesn't make it cool. Although you do make a good point about it being needed to keep skateboarding "pure", I guess there's just a point where some people stop. Like I'm not gonna vibe someone for having gear I don't like, but I would if they have an attitude that ruins the session.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #779 on: May 22, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »
that turkey post was one of the worst tirades on this board, seriously embarassing. and what the fuck is wrong with you otis? agreeing with turkey twice in a week? i think its time to delete your account again, you're getting soft.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here