Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3077474 times)

Miguelito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #32490 on: June 21, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
took the bus up to seattle to skate around udub and when we got off at the stop we ran into the gx1000 dudes. just saw billy roper and ryan garshell, he hooked us up with some stickers too. really stoked to see what they did around here.

this is my second week of summer and i have already skated almost everyday. just got one of those alien workshop death lens for my iphone so im hyped to film some stupid shit.

got pretty good grades in the classes i took.

stoked.
[close]

That's crazy. The DIY spot you guys were skating is a block away from my work. You were probably having a session while I was filling out a spreadsheet.

how are those lenses?  I'm considering getting one too

and shit, I'm still waiting on my grades haha
[close]
they are pretty cool. the iphone is weird and when it switches to video mode it zooms in so it crops a lot of the fisheye but when you use certain apps such as the 8mm app or vine or snapchat it doesn't crop it and it looks even better, but then of coarse when you try to download those clips onto your phone the quality decreases.  im still super hyped on it. heres a video i made with it if anyone cares.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32491 on: June 21, 2013, 05:15:01 PM »
that video was cool josh, im also looking at buying a fisheye for my iphone 5, is there anywhere to go? skate perception doesnt have shit (or i suk at their search function)

is this one considered 'the best'? im in the dark
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #32492 on: June 21, 2013, 06:42:57 PM »
Some dude on the Portland Reddit page just posted a 90 image album of pictures from Burnside from between 1990 and 1993. Some cool stuff in there.
http://imgur.com/a/8EivH#0
Kent Dahlgren. Nice guy.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

smellyfart

« Reply #32493 on: June 22, 2013, 12:30:42 AM »
that video was cool josh, im also looking at buying a fisheye for my iphone 5, is there anywhere to go? skate perception doesnt have shit (or i suk at their search function)

is this one considered 'the best'? im in the dark
this is the one i have. but i dont think its available for the iphone 5 yet. the ollo clip is another fisheye that is like 50 bucks that i think they make a version for the 5. thanks for the kind words guys!!

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #32494 on: June 22, 2013, 09:20:46 AM »
I'll be 21 years old tomorrow.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #32495 on: June 22, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »

Good choice, you're going to like it.

I met Jason Segel at a bar last night, he seemed pretty chill.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #32496 on: June 22, 2013, 07:08:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good choice, you're going to like it.

haha what

dillanharp

« Reply #32497 on: June 22, 2013, 07:18:16 PM »
I took my nephew to see world war z today, he's 9. We grabed breakfast before where he told me he wants to start skating, wants a Rob Dyrdek board, and told me PJ Ladd and P Rod started Plan B.  I'm stoked I now have a mind to impart knowledge on to and warp in to the most bitter 10 year old on 4 wheels.

foureyedjim

« Reply #32498 on: June 22, 2013, 10:57:57 PM »
cracking my fingers after a long drive.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #32499 on: June 23, 2013, 12:08:20 AM »
I took my nephew to see world war z today, he's 9. We grabed breakfast before where he told me he wants to start skating, wants a Rob Dyrdek board, and told me PJ Ladd and P Rod started Plan B.  I'm stoked I now have a mind to impart knowledge on to and warp in to the most bitter 10 year old on 4 wheels.

Haha, the only ten-yr-old wearing Half Cabs and brown cords, bitching about how long it's been since Pappalardo released a part, and how Lucas Puig is the best dude out right now

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #32500 on: June 23, 2013, 05:09:58 AM »
Seeing these fuckers in 4 days.  CANT WAIT

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #32502 on: June 23, 2013, 11:54:45 AM »
Expand Quote
A good friend of mine just did a board graphic for People Under The Stairs, i'm hyped for him for scoring a gig like that and stoked that he kept one for me. going straight on the wall, not everyday a friend designs a graphic for a band i like.
*pic*
the graphic turned out sick

http://www.flickr.com/photos/advancedform/ I really like his work, another thing to be stoked about haha
[close]
Thats  fucking incredible
make that trolly Ollie
That trolly in the graphic is a reference to that line haha i go the other colorway and its amazing, i'm so stoked

dillanharp

« Reply #32503 on: June 23, 2013, 01:05:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha, the only ten-yr-old wearing Half Cabs and brown cords, bitching about how long it's been since Pappalardo released a part, and how Lucas Puig is the best dude out right now

He's so impressionable, and I'm trying to get him out of staring at a screen all day every day, be it tv, playstation, iphone, tablet, whatever, it's all he does, so I'm super happy he wants to skate. He wanted to check out zumez after the movie and I had to explain to him that I'll take him to a real skate shop for his first board.

stab

• Rep: -1
  • Jumping Beans is a cop
« Reply #32504 on: June 23, 2013, 01:49:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
awesome
He's so impressionable, and I'm trying to get him out of staring at a screen all day every day, be it tv, playstation, iphone, tablet, whatever, it's all he does, so I'm super happy he wants to skate. He wanted to check out zumez after the movie and I had to explain to him that I'll take him to a real skate shop for his first board.

I didn't come here to dream or teach the world things;
define paradigms or curate no living days

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #32506 on: June 24, 2013, 05:18:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Haha, right on dude!

I'm stoked on scoring a pair of square two's, been a long time since Ive skated a pair of eS shoes and I cant fucking wait.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #32507 on: June 24, 2013, 02:22:14 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv3xVOs7_No&feature=player_embedded#at=359

Macaskill is always amazing but the stuff with the exercise ball was really nice

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #32508 on: June 25, 2013, 05:19:14 AM »
The Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, and Michal Handzus is from my town, so Im hopefully gonna see that thing.

tom

• Rep: 5
« Reply #32509 on: June 25, 2013, 05:42:00 AM »
can finally skate since I broke my elbow 2 months ago  ;D
i cant believe rusty bearings is a real person

Kim Larsson

• Rep: 0
« Reply #32510 on: June 25, 2013, 07:39:27 AM »
-beeeeer
-david gravette
-handrails
-fuck you yankee blue jeans

Shredsledder

« Reply #32511 on: June 25, 2013, 09:01:58 AM »
this dude, interviewer is a bit of a dingus but whatever.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:07:31 AM by Shredsledder »

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #32512 on: June 26, 2013, 04:51:38 AM »
I fucking passed hydraulics holy shit!!!!
I bought the ticket for the wu tang to celebrate
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32513 on: June 26, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »
Hydraulics. Such a fun and exciting class.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #32514 on: June 26, 2013, 12:29:42 PM »

Haha it was super interesting but it was hell on earth pretty much..super strict written+oral exam
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #32515 on: June 26, 2013, 02:05:38 PM »
I fucking passed hydraulics holy shit!!!!
I bought the ticket for the wu tang to celebrate

Just bought tickets for me and my girl for Wu-Tang as well. Super stoked! Its actually a festival, and De La Soul and Pharoahe Monch will be there as well. The only thing im afraid of, is that they wont show. Last time they had a show here, they forgot their passports and ended up canceling. Or that it might just be U-God and Capadonna showing up as the Wu. Hopefully they will all be there, including Yound Dirty Bastard.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32516 on: June 26, 2013, 02:16:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Haha it was super interesting but it was hell on earth pretty much..super strict written+oral exam
I took hydraulics for the fire service. Probably somewhat different than what you took, but I definitely understand. Interesting and useful for my prospective career, but dry and tedious to be sure.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32517 on: June 26, 2013, 03:53:58 PM »
my new DIY coffee table made of pallets.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #32518 on: June 27, 2013, 08:27:24 AM »
yesterday was the last day of work, the school is closed. summer vacation is here. I'm heading to philly sunday, then the beach for the 4th. Heading up to the mountains for a few days recovery after that, then back to massachusetts. I've got some work lined up with my ex's dad doing construction type stuff, so that will hold me over quite well.

I think i met a female worth dating too.

Shredsledder

« Reply #32519 on: June 27, 2013, 10:23:55 AM »
stoked on breakfast. I need to stop skipping it!