Author Topic: pet peeves/THINGS THAT PISS YOU OFF!!!!!!!!  (Read 20577 times)

tag_king

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: pet peeves/THINGS THAT PISS YOU OFF!!!!!!!!
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2006, 07:00:23 PM »
Expand Quote
I hate blatant liars, but at the same time, I will do all I can to avoid being around them when they are being confronted about their lies, it makes me incredibley uncomfortable, it's like I feel bad for them for being caught. Oh, and misquotes, when someone will spit out a line from a movie or television show and just get it so wrong.
[close]
Blatant liars can be funny though. One of my sister's best friends is compulsive like that. The other day she told us a story about getting arrested for supposedly knocking over a gas station. She said the person ID'd her with a mug shot she had taken at age 15 (shes 26 now) and that the cops arrested her after just that ID. She said she used a debit card to pay bail, which was $250 for armed robbery. I would have felt bad to call her out for it, it was just so fucking stupid.

well yah I mean if its so obvious and just completely exagerated it can be funny, it's mainly just when Im sitting there and someone else picks up and calls them out that bothers me. I don't deal with situations like that well, I feel sick for some reason, like I just feel bad. And when someone is trying to bullshit their way out of something shitty they did, that gets to me too, but yah I mean theres somethings that are just so ridiculous that you just bite your lip and then afterwards laugh about.

E.l.G

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2006, 09:31:03 PM »
A friend of mine was talking about a scenario he had supposedly encountered at an airport once which was actually in a movie that had been on TV the night before. I called him on it and felt kind of bad as it was in front of other people but it was just too rediculous.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2006, 09:36:47 PM »
I hate when people's voicemail sounds like they're answering the phone.  It makes me so mad that I stop calling them until they change it.

colinsthename

• Rep: 21
  • Ripping.
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2006, 10:23:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I hate blatant liars, but at the same time, I will do all I can to avoid being around them when they are being confronted about their lies, it makes me incredibley uncomfortable, it's like I feel bad for them for being caught. Oh, and misquotes, when someone will spit out a line from a movie or television show and just get it so wrong.
[close]
Blatant liars can be funny though. One of my sister's best friends is compulsive like that. The other day she told us a story about getting arrested for supposedly knocking over a gas station. She said the person ID'd her with a mug shot she had taken at age 15 (shes 26 now) and that the cops arrested her after just that ID. She said she used a debit card to pay bail, which was $250 for armed robbery. I would have felt bad to call her out for it, it was just so fucking stupid.
[close]

well yah I mean if its so obvious and just completely exagerated it can be funny, it's mainly just when Im sitting there and someone else picks up and calls them out that bothers me. I don't deal with situations like that well, I feel sick for some reason, like I just feel bad. And when someone is trying to bullshit their way out of something shitty they did, that gets to me too, but yah I mean theres somethings that are just so ridiculous that you just bite your lip and then afterwards laugh about.

i feel you guys on all that.  shit bothers the hell out of me, but i just let them run with it.  this one kid by me always talks about all the pros he sees when he skates places like "dude i just skated with chris cole" or "spanky is sleeping over my house tomorrow!" like dude what the fuck, no one believes you. he's the one person i can really call out because he's so fucking annoying with that shit.
I hope one day Steve Austin is walking the street, I throw him a beer, and he stunners you.

dalycitymassive

• Rep: -2
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2006, 03:08:29 AM »
basically everything on youtube.

that kind of shit.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 616
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2006, 10:03:25 AM »
when i say obviously outlandish things and they get taken seriously.

frizz

• Rep: 2
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2006, 12:24:58 PM »
I hate when people's voicemail sounds like they're answering the phone.  It makes me so mad that I stop calling them until they change it.
so how do you know if they change it?

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2006, 06:07:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
so how do you know if they change it?

I tell them about it, and they usually change it.

RudySucks

• Rep: 28
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2006, 06:52:22 PM »
2 more things on the drive home

1)when no one is in the passenger seat and someone is sitting in the back. are you too god for the front, is this person your fucking chauffeur

2)In BC the licenses work with  a Learners and Novice/New class requiring a magnet L or N on the back of your car, cool guys here put the N sideways like a Z, fuckin badasses, and they're always kooks with rims and spiked hair and all that. its stupid.

quit

• Rep: 0
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2006, 08:15:01 PM »
Women under 25 behind the wheel of a car...

Littering

People who feel the need to write their name in books

When you use mustard and that gross mustard water pours all over your sandwich

guys with earings...

Gum <--the filthiest shit on this planet

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
    • www.50mmlosangeles.com avatar image
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2006, 08:20:11 PM »
never fails. everytime i buy new shoes i step in gum. fuck that
yeah its funny right, its funny? i'm tryin to sleep i got water on me?  yeah, of course it wasn't, it was nobody, nobody did it. its the mystery water. mystery water!

Dog Paddle

• Rep: 1
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2006, 11:15:03 PM »
I have a never ending slew of pet peeves that I could talk about for days, but here are a few. 

-Being fat, working to lose weight (diet, exersize etc) and then going on a lazy streak and gaining it all back.
-Language barriers in general.  I work at a hardware store, so I have to explain things to people every day.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out how the fuck someone who has no grasp of the English language can expect to go to a store and expect me to help them when I can't understand a goddamned thing they say.  I don't want to come of as some sort of redneck or something but it really just blows my mind, especially with people that speak languages that are in no way similar to English, can survive in the world with out basic communication skills.
-Girls who are the same age as me (20).  I have yet to meet a girl that is the same age and me that is not completly regular. 
-Basically everything.  I have or will hate everything that has existed or will exist in the future.  I have to stop being so goddamned irritable.
First of all, I want to thank god for giving you all so much, and me so little...

illmatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • g'd up from the feet up
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2006, 10:26:03 AM »
oh yeah, when buy some thing and get like 8 cents back (mind you i hate carrying change) and you tell the clerk you don't want change, yet they insist on you taking it. i'm like "BITCH I DON'T WANT NO CHANGE!" and i throw in their face and make them cry. ugh i hate that shit
ugh, thanks rupert, I have been looking for the adio myspace website for quite some time...

woody

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2006, 10:48:11 AM »
leave a penny tray?
let me just name a few of the hammers in this video...

RudySucks

« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2006, 03:14:29 PM »
i despise pennies. what a fucking waste of metal and time they are. get with the times and get rid of them, i think we can all live in a world rounded to the 5's

flying V

« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2006, 09:02:37 PM »
Hiccups while smoking

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
    • www.50mmlosangeles.com avatar image
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2006, 09:06:40 PM »
religion
yeah its funny right, its funny? i'm tryin to sleep i got water on me?  yeah, of course it wasn't, it was nobody, nobody did it. its the mystery water. mystery water!

overdoso

« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2006, 12:55:19 AM »
Hiccups while smoking
or when you start laughing right after you inhaled...oh how i hate that feeling in your nose.

MFMartha

« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2006, 02:38:43 AM »
Doing production work for something you dont belive in but you have to pay rent and eat

mbl88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -5
  • gyno doing a skaterz trcik
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2006, 04:04:01 AM »
dog farts
Jeff Baldwin is the next Guy Mariano

today can wait

« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2006, 08:32:14 AM »
Some of my best friends are these types of people, but dirty-ass people get on my nerves sometimes. Like if you go over to someones house and there are dozens of piles of dog shit on the floor(which looks like it is trying to grow carpet because of all the dust, dog hair, cat hair, dirt and trash on it) and a bunch of open soda cans or bottles of tea sitting around with no lids waiting to get spilled. And when you're over there smoking and the bong had been sitting on the (dirty) floor and you put it in your lap for a second and it leaves a bunch of dirty, nasty liquid on your shorts. And people who don't change their bong water often.

frizz

• Rep: 2
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2006, 10:39:28 AM »
smoke in the eye.

E.l.G

« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2006, 03:42:31 PM »
i despise pennies. what a fucking waste of metal and time they are. get with the times and get rid of them, i think we can all live in a world rounded to the 5's

But what if you want to give exact change?

RudySucks

« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2006, 11:55:10 PM »
i never keep pennies so i never can. then i get more pennies back. its a viscious cycle. thats why i wish they didn't exist. would a slurpee costing $1.80 instead of $1.78 really matter to anyone.

Sacred Smoke

« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2006, 09:39:40 AM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2006, 10:35:06 AM »
i never keep pennies so i never can. then i get more pennies back. its a viscious cycle. thats why i wish they didn't exist. would a slurpee costing $1.80 instead of $1.78 really matter to anyone.

when I lived in Singapore everything was rounded up so their was no need for pennies and it worked really nice. Things costed 20 bucks and not 19.99. they also precaculate tax for added bliss.

toru

« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2006, 11:05:36 AM »
people who drive the wrong way down 1-way lanes in parking lots.

E.l.G

« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2006, 03:47:07 PM »
Ah yes, non pre-calculated sales tax is another one to add to my list. Fuck having to guess how much things cost.

woody

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2006, 09:48:55 PM »
My favorite pizza place charges exactly 2 dollars for a slice and a soda, which is one of the reasons its my favorite. Its cheap, but more importantly there no change or sales tax added at the end, just an even two dollars.
let me just name a few of the hammers in this video...

quit

« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2006, 12:37:31 AM »
I grew up in a place that has no sales tax...back then I believed that the extra bits wouldn't bother me to improve the quality of roads...schools...etc....but now I live here and hate the 12.03 give a penny get a penny bullshit.