Author Topic: I hate losing on Ebay  (Read 1858 times)

vegan*shawn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I hate losing on Ebay
« on: January 26, 2009, 07:56:41 PM »
I almost got a Altamont clothing Keith and Andy sweat shirt today for super cheap, I got out bid at the last second, fuck you Ebay and people who out bit me.

russ

• Rep: -10
Re: I hate losing on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 07:59:06 PM »
I think I was watching that auction too.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 08:00:44 PM »
I think I was watching that auction too.

It was a cool sweat shirt, I love Keith Haring. Hopefully the winner isn't some hipster kook who doesn't even know who he or Andy Warhol are.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 08:25:25 PM »
i used to go on ebay a lot and the worst would be when i would bid on something that ends while i'm in school, rendering me helpless against sniping.

Chicken Parm

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 10:57:17 PM »
u guys gotta use bidding sniper program.   totally worth it.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 11:12:42 PM »
i always just set a high maximum bid.

having cool/rare stuff>having money

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 07:12:28 AM »
i always just set a high maximum bid.

having cool/rare stuff>having money

Having cool rare stuff left to you buy people who hang themselves after going broke > spending money

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 07:36:08 AM »
i take it as a personal insult when i lose auctions

OttoMaddox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 07:44:18 AM »
I always feel guilty after sniping someone. 

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 08:12:11 AM »
everyone should know that theres no such thing as "sniping" on ebay.
its called there was a guy who was willing to pay more than you so stop your bitching you little cry baby and go home to your momma!

if you bid the highest amount you were willing to pay and lose, then you have no reason to whine about it.  how is it anyones fault that someone else was willing to pay more than you?
if you knew how the auctions worked, you'd realize that the item doesn't go to who "snipes" it, instead it goes to the guy whos willing to pay the most, afterall this is why they call it an auction.   

sniping is the cry of whiners when lose because someone else out there is willing to pay more, get over it.

Chicken Parm

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 10:00:36 AM »
its called there was a guy who was willing to pay more than you so stop your bitching you little cry baby and go home to your momma!

if you bid the highest amount you were willing to pay and lose, then you have no reason to whine about it.  how is it anyones fault that someone else was willing to pay more than you?
if you knew how the auctions worked, you'd realize that the item doesn't go to who "snipes" it, instead it goes to the guy whos willing to pay the most, afterall this is why they call it an auction.   

sniping is the cry of whiners when lose because someone else out there is willing to pay more, get over it.

i disagree with you. i've never lost an auction using EZ snipe. To win auctions, and save money - Sniping blocks competitive bids, except by proxy. It prevents other bidders from discovering your proxy bid. It keeps your interest in an item private. It protects you from being shilled.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 10:16:41 AM »

I wasn't paying attention it was totally my fault I lost. I just wanted to complain about it online.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i disagree with you. i've never lost an auction using EZ snipe. To win auctions, and save money - Sniping blocks competitive bids, except by proxy. It prevents other bidders from discovering your proxy bid. It keeps your interest in an item private. It protects you from being shilled.

so what happens if both you and i are using EZ snipe, who wins then?  i'd say the guy who's willing to pay more every single time....especially since services like EZ snipe ask you whats the most you're willing to pay.  if you say you'll pay $100 and i say i'll pay $150, who going to get the item?
EZ snipe doesn't block competitive bids,  it doesn't do anything but bid the next bid increment on the auction.  and it only does so until it reaches the highest dollar amount you set.  so it doesn't matter if you're using a sniping service, whether its at the beginning of the auction or 5 seconds to go in the auction, whoever bids the highest amount wins.

heres a hypothetical situation where both you and i are bidding on same item.
we'll say you use EZ snipe and me, i'm just bid the highest amount with 5 seconds to go in the auction.

the auction price of a old school board is $100.
you use EZ snipe and you tell them the most you're willing to pay for the board is $200.
so with seconds to go, i bid $5000. 
so who wins? 
of course i win because i bidded the highest amount right?

now you're going to say that i paid $5000 for a board but i only paid the next bid increment.
lets say you had the 2nd highest bid of $200, i only pay $200 plus the next bid increment which in this example would be $2.50 which means i pay $202.50 for the board.  i don't pay anything near $5000 unless someone out there bidded $4900, then i'm shit out of luck and paying $4900 + the next bid increment.

that all said,     
the best way to win is to bid the maximum amount you're willing to pay for said item at the very last seconds of the auction.
if you get outbidded then, then its obvious that someone out there wanted it more and was willing to pay more, hence why they win.
you can use EZ snipe(if you're not going to be around for the EOA is the only time i'd use a service like that) but again, if someone is willing to pay more than your maximum, they're going to win and you're going to lose. 

YourNut

• Rep: 25
  • I'll always be....Your Nut...
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 11:30:35 AM »
Im so glad i don't ebay.

Chicken Parm

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 01:25:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

so what happens if both you and i are using EZ snipe, who wins then?  i'd say the guy who's willing to pay more every single time....especially since services like EZ snipe ask you whats the most you're willing to pay.  if you say you'll pay $100 and i say i'll pay $150, who going to get the item?
EZ snipe doesn't block competitive bids,  it doesn't do anything but bid the next bid increment on the auction.  and it only does so until it reaches the highest dollar amount you set.  so it doesn't matter if you're using a sniping service, whether its at the beginning of the auction or 5 seconds to go in the auction, whoever bids the highest amount wins.

heres a hypothetical situation where both you and i are bidding on same item.
we'll say you use EZ snipe and me, i'm just bid the highest amount with 5 seconds to go in the auction.

the auction price of a old school board is $100.
you use EZ snipe and you tell them the most you're willing to pay for the board is $200.
so with seconds to go, i bid $5000. 
so who wins? 
of course i win because i bidded the highest amount right?

now you're going to say that i paid $5000 for a board but i only paid the next bid increment.
lets say you had the 2nd highest bid of $200, i only pay $200 plus the next bid increment which in this example would be $2.50 which means i pay $202.50 for the board.  i don't pay anything near $5000 unless someone out there bidded $4900, then i'm shit out of luck and paying $4900 + the next bid increment.

that all said,     
the best way to win is to bid the maximum amount you're willing to pay for said item at the very last seconds of the auction.
if you get outbidded then, then its obvious that someone out there wanted it more and was willing to pay more, hence why they win.
you can use EZ snipe(if you're not going to be around for the EOA is the only time i'd use a service like that) but again, if someone is willing to pay more than your maximum, they're going to win and you're going to lose. 

i dont need to watch the auctions.  i put my max bid in, and it wont place that bid till the last second of the auction.
so if there is a board for 100, and im willing to pay 200 it wont bid till the last second(s).  therefore, the price stays at 100 till the last second and i usually get the item for alot less then my max bid because if you are bidding at the last second with the board at 100 and you bid like 120 because there are seconds left and you think you are gonna win, these programs send the next bid up and i usually win the auction and i  dont even need to be physically on ebay hitting that refresh button hoping i win, i actually dont even need to be at my computer - This is the main purpose of the program.   
whatever though, i get what your saying -  it works for me and like i said, ive never lost an auction and usually my max bids arent even met because of the last second bid -aka The Snipe!   :-*

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 01:52:23 PM »
you just don't get it.  ebay is not that hard dude, who ever bids the highest amount wins.

EZ snipe and other services of the like are in business because of people like you that don't know that ebays bid increment system does the exact same thing...for free!  so how are you saving money if you're paying to use a service that is provided for free by ebay?

it doesn't matter when i bid, i can bid $5000 at the very beginning of the auction.
if you're max bid is only $200, then i will win it and only pay $202.50.

you don't have to waste your time hitting "refresh" to see what the current bid is.
just bid the highest amount and you'll win every time.   
if theres 10 auctions that you and i are both trying to win, and i bid $5000 in everyone of those auctions, i'll win each and everyone of those auctions whether you use a sniping service or not.

i'm not trying to be a dick but its pretty obvious that you're too obtuse to get this.

GhostBusters

• Rep: 55
  • Back off man. I'm a scientist
    • Speedhero avatar image
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 08:10:42 PM »
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 08:14:16 PM by GhostBusters »

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 08:15:22 PM »
Chicken Parm & faster...

You guys are making this eBay shit waaaaay to complexed.

Losing sucks.
End of thread.
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

sal23

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 08:34:17 PM »
anytime I get money I always go to a local shop and if they dont have anything cool
next stop is ebay!
Records, random shit, cool ass shirts, old crappy video games
the new layout is bull shit though

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 07:24:18 AM »
you just don't get it.  ebay is not that hard dude, who ever bids the highest amount wins.

EZ snipe and other services of the like are in business because of people like you that don't know that ebays bid increment system does the exact same thing...for free!  so how are you saving money if you're paying to use a service that is provided for free by ebay?

it doesn't matter when i bid, i can bid $5000 at the very beginning of the auction.
if you're max bid is only $200, then i will win it and only pay $202.50.

you don't have to waste your time hitting "refresh" to see what the current bid is.
just bid the highest amount and you'll win every time.   
if theres 10 auctions that you and i are both trying to win, and i bid $5000 in everyone of those auctions, i'll win each and everyone of those auctions whether you use a sniping service or not.

i'm not trying to be a dick but its pretty obvious that you're too obtuse to get this.

on ebay, if the bid is $100 but your maximum bid is 105, and someone bids 102, you will automatically bid up to 103 or something like that. however, what i think chicken parm is saying is that with ez snipe, if someone bids 102, they will be shown as the highest bidder until the last moments when ez snipe comes in and bids whatever the maximum bid is, thereby sniping it. this wouldn't work with ebay's function because once you've been listed as outbid, you're max bid is obviously lower than whatever it is. maybe i just misread him but that's what i sounded like to me.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 08:20:07 AM »
yall some bitches quit bitchin about clothes holy fuck i havent bought clothes in TIME and i still get pussy

russ

• Rep: -10
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 12:27:01 PM »
What's even worse is when nobody will buy your shit.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 09:32:55 PM »
haha yeah, always a bummer. but i remember one time i sold something and mailed the item, but it came back because i fucked up when i wrote the address or something. i got lazy and never got around to sending it. if that was me i'd be pissed, the thing was like $20.

OttoMaddox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 10:23:01 PM »
Faster, you just completely contradicted yourself.  You said that sniping is pointless, and then went on to state that the best way of winning is to enter your max bid int he last few seconds of the auction, which is by definition sniping.  Obviously that statement is true, but contradictory to your earlier arguments.  A sniping program saves you the trouble of having to make sure that you are at your computer when the auction ends.  So it performs your "best method of winning" for you so you don't have to be a slave to your computer.