Author Topic: Barcelona.  (Read 1390 times)

Natty Bumpo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -25
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Barcelona.
« on: February 08, 2009, 05:50:38 PM »
Anybody know what spots are gone, or not skateable anymore? Heading there next month, and I've heard a few rumors that some of the staple spots are gone, like Fondo and Mullens del Rey( Fuenzaleda, had a sequence there in the recent Lost article doing back lip front shove). Does anyone have any helpful info?

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
Re: Barcelona.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 05:53:43 PM »
there's skateboarding in barcelona?

Lane2095

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 05:55:57 PM »
no only biking

ProjectBluebeam

• Rep: 59
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 08:54:20 PM »
really? because i was at fondo in February 08 and it was all fucked up, but you could still skate parts of it..so if thats what you mean then yeah.. as for sants i can definately vouche for that

Alberta Beef

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 09:46:58 PM »
fondo has skate blockers below the banks with the benches up top, but theres still the main bank and a good ledge up top.  I was there in december 08 and supposidly MACBA"s ledges are all getting taken out.  Sants ledges were still skateable, super choppy though.  But its all going under construction.  Who cares about the famous spots though, soooo many spots that its impossible to say that barcy is "blown out".

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 12:51:32 AM »
The Fondo situation is true. MACBA is skateable, but if you see a cop, then you better run. Uhm Paral-lel has some fucked up flatground in the manual pad area, cracks and stuff. Forum's pyramid main ledge is so rounded that you can't grind it. Same thing goes for those white ledges near by. The quarter pipe and aluminium ledges are fine. Oh yes, almost forgot. Almedas main flatrail is gone. Just cruise around the city, get a few San Miguels and you'll see a spot every couple of minutes.

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 06:07:21 AM »
^^ that spot was still there when I went in July, it's not actually in Barcelona, you have to get the train there and the ledge was really really rounded. I'd recommend going to the metal ledge spot near the Canyelles skatepark, like brown metal ledges, the ones Lucas Puig did smith to front feeble on, that spot is fun. The skatepark nearby is also good fun with that bowl and the really whippy spines and stuff, you can also look at the double set Butcher ollied accross the street which is completely insane, I couldn't believe he ollied it. Overall, just do what the others have said, just skate around everywhere and you will find rad stuff that you'll have seen in videos and a lot of good stuff you haven't.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 06:09:20 AM by Tarquin »

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 06:41:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Just cruise around the city, get a few BURGE MEESTERS and you'll see a spot every couple of minutes.

[close]
Didn't even see that brand of beer. I'll try it next time :)

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 06:46:31 AM »
YOU CAN ONLY SNAKE BOARD THERE.. DONT GO .. EVERYTHING IS A BUST AND THEY WILL RAPE YOU IN JAIL IF THEY FIND YOUR AMERICAN WITH SHITTY STYLE & A FANCY VX300 OR WHAT EVER THE FUCK YOU USE

vitunvesa

• Rep: 2
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 08:17:22 AM »
actually you can still skate sants but it's not how it used to be....yehh best advice is don't worry about it just cruise around have a pleasent trip

eat like a bird and drink like a whale

Claude Tanner

• Rep: 24
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 02:58:15 PM »
My favorite spot was the Badalona ledges right on the beach, so perfect and they were not too chewed up when i was there in March last year.

Se7en

• Rep: 2
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 05:05:10 PM »
My favorite spot was the Badalona ledges right on the beach, so perfect and they were not too chewed up when i was there in March last year.

Was in Barcelona literally a week ago and those ledges were perfect...MACBA was sick too

Alberta Beef

• Rep: 0
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 05:51:46 PM »
mullens der aye for how ever you spell it is still skateable, and yeah the ledges are really rounded.  Shitty thing is though that theres barly any spots near there, so its a train ride there for pretty much just that spot.  And who ever said the canyelles ledge is fun, damn straight it is!!  The waves over the bar isnt skateable, like really i dont get how tricks have been done over it