Author Topic: Consolidated 411vm Industry.  (Read 2077 times)

somesiccmadeskatinshit420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
  • tHE

Wood Pusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -682
  • I have way too many accounts.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Consolidated 411vm Industry.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 06:04:41 PM »
DON'T DO IT

• tHE
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 06:09:04 PM »
Hell yeah only lame ass weak kids sport nikes. Support the entire buy out and exploitation of what they "love" doin..education is key but in this day in age they just wanna wear their sisters pants, rock an i-pod, call kids nicknames like "p-rod" and wear nikes. I mean what was i thinking trying to put skateboarding in the hands of skateboarders..god how dare i!

Wood Pusher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 06:09:37 PM »
if u sk8te nike ur not a tru sk8ter n u prolly eat big dicks.

• tHE
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 06:11:32 PM »
same goes with Adidas,puma, if you shop at places like fuckin footlocker?? i mean what the fuck is that hahahahaha your boss wears a fuckin suit? and your a pro-skateboarder??  where has skateboarding gone!!

Wood Pusher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 06:13:09 PM »
ya only posers wear nike
soul sk8te 4 lyfe!

RaunchyKid

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 07:03:27 PM »
I hate that little girl's voice.

ZipZinger

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 07:08:54 PM »
Wasn't consolidated shit found in a major sporting goods store?

Carolozoo

• Rep: 3
    • carolozoo avatar image
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 10:27:11 AM »
their graphic with a kid trowing a cube at a cop was so good

RaunchyKid

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 02:44:43 PM »
Yeah, but that was the distributors' fault. I think it's funny how Birdo tries to be so fucking core but shit like that and the SB shoe incident happened.

• tHE
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 03:02:11 PM »
hahaha fuckin dumb ass kids i swear. Birdo is fuckin down he stands up for skateboarding and wheres its going while other companies dont give a fuck where it goes as long as they keep getting a check in the mail...you think they give a fuck about you? I only ride consolidated. They put their company at risk by starting the Dont DO it Campaign a campaign that supports true skateboarding, and supports where skateboarding came from and perserving our grass roots and they get shit from little haters like yourself who only care about how good that shoe looks, or what friend of yours got it first. And i wanna see a photo of consolidated shit being found in huge sporting good stores?? You would probably tremble in the presence of birdo! you peasant!! hahahahhaha

RaunchyKid

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 05:14:41 PM »
hahaha fuckin dumb ass kids i swear. Birdo is fuckin down he stands up for skateboarding and wheres its going while other companies dont give a fuck where it goes as long as they keep getting a check in the mail...you think they give a fuck about you? I only ride consolidated. They put their company at risk by starting the Dont DO it Campaign a campaign that supports true skateboarding, and supports where skateboarding came from and perserving our grass roots and they get shit from little haters like yourself who only care about how good that shoe looks, or what friend of yours got it first. And i wanna see a photo of consolidated shit being found in huge sporting good stores?? You would probably tremble in the presence of birdo! you peasant!! hahahahhaha

1) I don't buy shoes, based on looks. I've never gotten a shoe that any of my friends ever had, except for some Manchester Selects. I don't give a fuck if you want to wear these:

2)
He only said it was found in a store. He never said it was sold in huge amounts or anything like that. Here's the photo, as well as a link to the forum discussing this:

http://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=33&topic=31532.msg791950#msg791950

3)

I would tremble in fear of him? Who the fuck do you think you are, calling me a peasant, pulling off some superiority shit? By the way, I think I saw Thrasher being sold at Barnes & Noble. Shouldn't Birdo burn that shirt to keep it core?

• tHE
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 08:19:08 AM »
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha alot of books are sold in Barns N Noble most of the time out of the authors hands so why would he burn that?? haha wtf?. It's so easy to get a rise out of you kids its fuckin great. and if it wasn't sold in large quanities why would you or anyone else even bring that shit up than? or is it just something to talk shit on? shittt bottom line is Consolidated along with a select few other companies are the only ones that are taking a stance against major corporate influence in the skate scene. I mean what the fuck, you got ROb D hittin up the walmart doing signings saying he only will take an offer if its over 60 grand? You got skate shit being sold in FootLocker when footlocker comes out and says..well hey its gonna make us a lot of money this year? I guess it's just the American way though right? EXPLOIT ME EXPLOIT ME!!

Where the fuck was Nike SB and Footlocker back in the day when noone was buying skate shit and all the little companies were hurtin trying to make it buy puttin everything they had into skateboarding? Where were they then with their big dollars? idk maybe the skate scene is just filled with to many little kiddies who dont know their history.

• tHE
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 08:24:44 AM »
and by the way i would actually wear those drunks, i mean shit Osiris teams up with Consolidated to mock the wack as dunk..hell yeah id sport that hahahahhahahahaahahaahahahahahahahahhhaha

RaunchyKid

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 08:37:32 AM »
I hate Nike, but not for the same reasons you do.
...bottom line is Consolidated along with a select few other companies are the only ones that are taking a stance against major corporate influence in the skate scene...
I hate CCS, as well as Footlocker. I hate CCS, even more, since Footlocker owns them.

What the fuck are you going to about little kids buying shit from the mall, and not skate shops? I would feel safe, betting you that the majority of the people that go to PacSun/Zumiez/other places that sell skate brands don't even skateboard. People know about skate shops. It's the people that don't skateboard that go to mall stores.

I know the history. But, others know it too, because it would be stupid to even think that Nike would make a line in something unless it was popular.

By the way, everyone here knows who Birdo is and about his "DON'T DO IT" campaign.

sal23

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 09:30:58 AM »
Consolidated is one of the only companies i buy..
DLX companies, 1031, consolidated/death, and local brands..
Oddly enough
consolidated sells pretty well at the local shop (better then element,plan b,and flip)

Plus their team rips.

tanhoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 11:51:49 AM »
ive always liked consolidated.

• tHE
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 02:45:37 PM »
What am i gonna do? Im gonna keep buyin shit from companies that are down with what skating is really about and not wack ass companies that just wanna make as much money as they can. and its that whole attitude "what the fuck are you gonna do about them buying those shoes" is the reason why shit gets infested with corporate bastards. If the entire skate scene was awake and knew wat was up nike (along with others) would have gotten the boot from the start, instead you got a bunch of wack ass shops and fuckin wack ass skaters  saying shit like"well hey its whats popular and its what sells". skating is virutally dead, the only reason its still barely living is because a handfull of people who are staying true and dont sell out like little bitches because of the money they start to see, without companies like consolidated and death etc i would be making my own boards or just straight stealing  blanks and going back to skating in regular shoes. shit is wack as fuck. what the fuck ever happen to goin out and fuckin thrashin it and bein all about skateboarding and our roots. cuz if you wear them nikes you dont belong on no fuckin skateboard

KEEP THE NIKES IN THE BBALL COURT SUCKAS!! hahahha

Boston.

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 03:13:45 PM »
ELITIST PRICKS ELITIST PRICKS ELITIST PRICKS ELITIST PRICKS ELITIST PRICKS ELITIST PRICKS; somesiccmadeskatinshit420 i am talking about you. do you lose sleep everynight over the fact that i'm currently wearing nikes and "sister" pants while having my ipod headphones plugged into the computer? cry me a river. what about vans brief stint in football and baseball? powell and their rollerblade bearing and wheel companies? what about the fact that an unnamed consolidated am was telling me about the new nikes and cons at the shop he works at?
you're opinion means nothing to me. i'm sure mine means nothing to you, but i don't care

RaunchyKid

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 05:11:55 PM »
What am i gonna do? Im gonna keep buyin shit from companies that are down with what skating is really about and not wack ass companies that just wanna make as much money as they can. and its that whole attitude "what the fuck are you gonna do about them buying those shoes" is the reason why shit gets infested with corporate bastards. If the entire skate scene was awake and knew wat was up nike (along with others) would have gotten the boot from the start, instead you got a bunch of wack ass shops and fuckin wack ass skaters  saying shit like"well hey its whats popular and its what sells". skating is virutally dead, the only reason its still barely living is because a handfull of people who are staying true and dont sell out like little bitches because of the money they start to see, without companies like consolidated and death etc i would be making my own boards or just straight stealing  blanks and going back to skating in regular shoes. shit is wack as fuck. what the fuck ever happen to goin out and fuckin thrashin it and bein all about skateboarding and our roots. cuz if you wear them nikes you dont belong on no fuckin skateboard

KEEP THE NIKES IN THE BBALL COURT SUCKAS!! hahahha
Wasn't that kind of obvious to begin with? You're a consumer so you are the one deciding what to buy. However, it's rather hard to change other people's minds. I just don't understand why you had to make a thread about this. Everyone on this board, that isn't a bot, skateboards and already knows about this.

• tHE
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 06:28:05 PM »
haha did i say this was only about Nike? I think those pants might be a little to tight buddy lol the thread wasnt even about this to begin with it was about posting that dope ass consolidated industry ad i found in my pile of ol school tapes, and of course Dont Do it was brought up hahahahahaha. I dont give a fuck if a kid wears nikes, he gets to choose what companies he supports, but why not say something about the coporate influence in skateboarding and how its fuckin shit up and isnt right? something should always be said even if everyone already knows. ELITIST PRICKS? motherfucker you don't even know what an Elitist is. Look at the motherfuckers they run Nike those are the fuckin elistist you fuckin fool i bet your parents are some rich ass fuckin NeoCons votin for Obama

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 02:30:48 AM »
In the real world:

> Consolidated.

Wood Pusher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 08:48:40 AM »
It's been about a decade since Nike entered the industry, when is skateboarding gonna be destroyed!?!?!? I'm still waiting!! If you know that Nike is going to leave skateboarding once it's not popular anymore, why make a big deal about it? Why don't you let us buy our Nike's and wait it out? And please name some legitimate shoe companies that have gone out of business because of Nike. Nike makes shoes for "athletic" activities and despite the fact that skateboarding is not a sport, it's still an "athletic" activity that requires certain shoes and Nike makes some of the best in the skateboarding industry. And do you really think Nike can afford to spend millions and millions on a dead industry? We're talking about a company that has dozens of shoes released each month for different programs, whereas Lakai and Fallen have only one program and put out a few new colorways/models each season. If they're going to spend millions making dozens of new colorways each month then they can't afford to be involved in a dead industry, that's just how it is. If Nike all of a sudden decided to drop all of their other programs to focus on skateboarding, then they could probably stick around a bit while it's not popular.
Basketball, Baseball, Football and Soccer are "immortal" industries, skateboarding isn't.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 08:54:04 AM by Wood Pusher »

• tHE
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »
Hmm..well yeahh ya know Corporate Influence never fucks up anything right? haha Nike SB has been around since like 2002, they tried before that but people were just more down back then and didnt buy that shit. Nike Basketball shoes were only used in the 80's because of their durability, it was never released as a Skateboad shoe and Nike wasn't directly associated themselves with the skate scene.The first SB was the Dunk in 02 and none of their shit ever sold. They werent shit, until they got one sell out, P-ROD who made Nike a familiar face as a "Skateboard" Shoe Line, they were simply sitting back and watching the industry grow, they knew mad kids in the 80's were rockin the Nikes for skateboarding, but did they ever release a skateboard shoe than when they had the perfect chance to or even support the community in anyway? No, because skateboading wasn't as mainstream then and wasnt bringin in mad cash. and then what happens when skateboarding booms, those money hungry CEOs jump right in.

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 08:58:50 PM »
remember the consolidated boobs board? top 5 easy.

Wood Pusher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 09:45:16 PM »
Hmm..well yeahh ya know Corporate Influence never fucks up anything right? haha Nike SB has been around since like 2002, they tried before that but people were just more down back then and didnt buy that shit. Nike Basketball shoes were only used in the 80's because of their durability, it was never released as a Skateboad shoe and Nike wasn't directly associated themselves with the skate scene.The first SB was the Dunk in 02 and none of their shit ever sold. They werent shit, until they got one sell out, P-ROD who made Nike a familiar face as a "Skateboard" Shoe Line, they were simply sitting back and watching the industry grow, they knew mad kids in the 80's were rockin the Nikes for skateboarding, but did they ever release a skateboard shoe than when they had the perfect chance to or even support the community in anyway? No, because skateboading wasn't as mainstream then and wasnt bringin in mad cash. and then what happens when skateboarding booms, those money hungry CEOs jump right in.
Like I said, with all the programs they have they just can't afford to be involved in industries that are dead. They make dozens of shoe a month for all of their programs, it has to sell or they just threw away millions of dollars.

Wood Pusher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 09:54:25 PM »
Dude! I just bought a candy bar at a non-skater owned grocery store! I also bought school supplies at a non-skater owned Staples! I also watch programs on a non-skate brand television! And I post on slap on a non-skate computer, what am I to do? I need to stick to the core roots man!

stooey

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 02:25:33 AM »
what if you went to a sweatshop and saw an old lady working and she was keeping warm with consolidated towels????cuz isnt consolidated made in china?  isnt china and basically every other country just a big bussiness?  isnt everything a corporation then?  even you?.  isnt that really fucking punk of the whole world then?to be a bunch of corporations?  i think sso.  just like your moms face. tell her she can keep my socks.  i got more.

tanhoe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2009, 03:05:33 AM »
tonight sucks, i have read the worst posts ever...

• tHE
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2009, 09:36:39 PM »
wat does staples and candy bars have to do with skateboarding? hahahha