Author Topic: BATB 2 - list of skaters  (Read 19675 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: BATB 2 - list of skaters
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2009, 09:57:05 PM »
Daewon is an amazing street skater, of course, but random flatland bullshit isn't something I'm expecting from him.
Cotg maybe, but aren't youa genuine poster? Dude, if you want to do shit into and out of manuals and grinds, you have to have it mastered on flatground first. The dude is a consistent flatground master. Get ready to be surprised if he's in it. No point in arguing, we'll see what happens. I honestly think its almost unfair that he is in, and would bet he makes it at least 3 rounds
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2009, 10:07:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Daewon is an amazing street skater, of course, but random flatland bullshit isn't something I'm expecting from him.
[close]
Cotg maybe, but aren't youa genuine poster? Dude, if you want to do shit into and out of manuals and grinds, you have to have it mastered on flatground first. The dude is a consistent flatground master. Get ready to be surprised if he's in it. No point in arguing, we'll see what happens. I honestly think its almost unfair that he is in, and would bet he makes it at least 3 rounds
This clearly shows you don't skateboard.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2009, 10:12:47 PM »
Prediction: Chris Cole wins. Then goes against BATB 1 winner mike mo, and beats him too. Again.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

cops keep firing

• Rep: 63
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2009, 11:00:54 PM »
cotg i would love to see you film a 15 trick line. no shove its. bring it or shut the fuck up. daewon is sick.
you've got to be the only person who thinks daewon can't skate flat. it just doesn't make any sense.
I mean, if the creator of the universe is truly concerned with where you put your penis, then surely he has an opinion on who had the best part in Fully Flared.

Androoskie

• Rep: -2
« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2009, 11:05:15 PM »
dude jerrys gonna win it with a bunch of late flip shit. that fool has some consistant flatground.

IDAREYOU

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2009, 11:20:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol, yeah, I would like to think I'm a genuine poster. I wasn't saying that just to piss people off. I think he'll make it past a bunch of rounds but I don't think he's gonna win it. Some people are saying this dude is instant win and that's not necessarily true. Hey, I'd love to be proven wrong, I love his manual skills, no one does it with better style and technicality than daewon, period, but this isn't a game of manuals and this certainly isn't street skating, this is flatground. This is where a tre flip underflip and a nollie half cab late shuv are king. Someone like rodney mullen would rule at this. Chris Cole finds this kind of stuff fun so he's going to do fantastic and that's why I think it's a sham to have people that could care less about some of these tricks and not have people that do like Mizurov or Haslam. So many of those dudes are fillers, Caswell has vertigo for christs sake, do you think that's fair to Cas ? Also, there are people on that list in the middle of filming or are injured, and to me, that's the tip off this list is a load of shit. You really think Poppalardo gives 2 shits about the Berrics ? Don't front, you know he doesn't.  Maybe it's an attempt to keep the game "fun", gonz knows how to do that, but it's still a contest and no matter what you do, it's gonna get serious at some point so might as well have the sickest of the flatgrounders and make it a really good game, start to finish. I don't wanna waste a weekend watching the gonz trying to kickflip a bike or listening to Wenning talk about how good his kickflips were at the ABC ledges in his timbs.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 12:52:35 AM by IDAREYOU »

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2009, 02:59:51 AM »

Full List-98 Skaters:

Mark Gonzalez
David Gravette
Rick McCrank
Danny Garcia
Austyn Gillette
Fred Gall
Caswell Berry
Guy Mariano
Kerry Getz
Anthony Poppalardo
Omar Salazar
Elissa Steamer
Torey Pudwill
Kenny Anderson
Mike York
Nate Brousard
AVE
Heath Kirchart
Levi Brown
Daryl Angel
Darell Stanton
Lewis Marnell
Stefan Janoski
Silas Baxter Neal
Jesus Fernandez
Mike Anderson
Jimmy carlin
Leo Romero
Terry Kennedy
Slash
Kelly Hart
Kenny Hoyle
Felix Arguelles
Justin Eldridge
Sierra Fellers
Kellen James
Mike Vallely
Josh Kalis
Paul Rodriguez
Peter Ramondetta
Nick Dompierre
Dennis Busenitz
Jamie Thomas
Tommy Sandoval
Bobby Worrest
Garrett Hill
Chris Cole
Lizard King
Luis Tolentino
Dustin Dollin
Geoff Rowley
Rick Howard
Colin Kennedy
Cody Lucas
Gilbert Crockett
Davis Torgerson
Braydon Szafranski
Kevin Long
Ronson Lambert
Mark Appleyard
Bobby Puleo
Antwuan Dixon
Jim Greco
Josiah Gatlyn
Nyjah Huston
Devine Calloway
Adam Dyet
Jake Duncombe
Jereme Rogers
Aaron Suski
Dan Murpy
Kris Markovich
Grant Taylor
Daewon Song
Ronnie Creager
Walker Ryan
Brian Brown
Dennis Durant
Kyle Leeper
Keegan Sauder
Justin Figueroa
Jerry Hsu
David Gonzalez
Lindsey Robertson
Reda
Atiba
Ryan Gallant
Vincent Alvarez
Nick Trapasso
Ethan Fowler
Sammy Baca
Theotis Beasley
Andrew Brophy
Dylan Rieder
Brian Wenning
David Clark
Louie Barletta
Paul Machnau

soo.... they pretty much listed the entire industry... i hope its all dudes like baca, gonz and no p-rod (guarentteed win)

theskatereptile

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2009, 03:08:50 AM »
here's the list of people i dont want to see skate... and bold being the ones i'm hyped on

Mark Gonzalez
David Gravette
Rick McCrank
Danny Garcia

Austyn Gillette
Fred Gall
Caswell Berry

Guy Mariano
Kerry Getz
Anthony Poppalardo
Omar Salazar
Elissa Steamer

Torey Pudwill
Kenny Anderson

Mike York
Nate Brousard
AVE
Heath Kirchart
Levi Brown

Daryl Angel
Darell Stanton

Lewis Marnell
Stefan Janoski

Silas Baxter Neal (SOTY needs to prove himself)
Jesus Fernandez
Mike Anderson
Jimmy carlin
Leo Romero
Terry Kennedy (just for comedy)
Slash
Kelly Hart
Kenny Hoyle
Felix Arguelles
Justin Eldridge
Sierra Fellers
Kellen James
Mike Vallely
Josh Kalis

Paul Rodriguez
Peter Ramondetta
Nick Dompierre
Dennis Busenitz
Jamie Thomas
Tommy Sandoval
Bobby Worrest
Garrett Hill

Chris Cole
Lizard King
Luis Tolentino
Dustin Dollin
Geoff Rowley
Rick Howard
Colin Kennedy
Cody Lucas
Gilbert Crockett
Davis Torgerson
Braydon Szafranski
Kevin Long
Ronson Lambert
Mark Appleyard
Bobby Puleo
Antwuan Dixon
Jim Greco
Josiah Gatlyn
Nyjah Huston
Devine Calloway
Adam Dyet
Jake Duncombe

Jereme Rogers (just so he can lose)
Aaron Suski
Dan Murpy

Kris Markovich
Grant Taylor
Daewon Song
Ronnie Creager
Walker Ryan
Brian Brown
Dennis Durant
Kyle Leeper
Keegan Sauder
Justin Figueroa
Jerry Hsu
David Gonzalez
Lindsey Robertson
Reda
Atiba
Ryan Gallant

Vincent Alvarez
Nick Trapasso
Ethan Fowler
Sammy Baca
Theotis Beasley

Andrew Brophy
Dylan Rieder
Brian Wenning
David Clark
Louie Barletta

Paul Machnau

Lizardking

• Rep: 11
  • Greenroom, BITCH!
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2009, 10:15:11 AM »
It's going to be green as shit when i come through there busting the reverse lizard leg airwalk on people.  regs and fakie.  lets see,  fakie satan flips,  green passion heels,  chris cole will be mezmerized !

Satan's wrath will be felt during battle at the berrics

biggums mcgee

« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2009, 12:02:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I don't think anyone with sense is gonna be trying kickflip backside 5-0s when they don't have their kickflips consistant and high on flat. come on, dude

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2009, 12:08:18 PM »
That post looked like it took too long to make

yup, so much terribleness in that post.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2009, 12:13:02 PM »
That post looked like it took too long to make

hahahahaha

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2009, 12:30:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Name a flip trick you can do into or out of anything that you can't do well on flatground. You just avoid common sense at all costs don't you. No matter how obvious and clear something is, you pretend its bullshit. I think you are going back on my ignore list for the reason of "frustrating stupidity."

fluffy

• Rep: -12
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2009, 12:39:40 PM »
Im gonna have to go with child of the ghetto. You can flip into a manuel on two wheels every try, turn around and play a game of skate, and not be able to put four wheels down on flat on the exact same trick.. Skateboarding is weird like that. Ask anyone who flips out or into  manuels alot. You get so used to using the tips of your toes, that sometimes your flip tricks end up lookin  worse on flat. (Jermey rodgers uses the tips of his toes alot when he does flip tricks and it looks gross,)  Ive never seen daweon skate flat so maybe hes amazing at it. But by saying because someone can flip into ledges and manuels their flat land is consistent, is just not accurate.

IDAREYOU

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2009, 12:45:44 PM »
I just dont think daewon spends afternoons learning obscure anticasper variations but if he does, then I can't wait for him to wreck some people. I wish they added Alex Olson and Ryan Sheckler in here just to show how much they suck at flatland.

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2009, 12:50:06 PM »
Damn. if torgerson, mike anderson, kenny hoyle, pudwill , silas and janoski all make it in, i would be psyched. plus antwuan for face tat points
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2009, 01:11:33 PM »
Im gonna have to go with child of the ghetto. You can flip into a manuel on two wheels every try, turn around and play a game of skate, and not be able to put four wheels down on flat on the exact same trick.. Skateboarding is weird like that. Ask anyone who flips out or into  manuels alot. You get so used to using the tips of your toes, that sometimes your flip tricks end up lookin  worse on flat. (Jermey rodgers uses the tips of his toes alot when he does flip tricks and it looks gross,)  Ive never seen daweon skate flat so maybe hes amazing at it. But by saying because someone can flip into ledges and manuels their flat land is consistent, is just not accurate.
It's hard for gipper to grasp this concept, because he sucks at skateboarding.

Cheapboarder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -73
  • IT'S THE GOOCH!
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2009, 01:14:04 PM »
I always wonder how many bald posters there are in slap because of COTG. Truly awesome stuff to ponder on.

big nah

• Rep: -6
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2009, 03:20:19 PM »
i wonder which am will go pro after this

White Chocolate

• Rep: -1
  • soo good
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2009, 04:12:44 PM »
I just dont think daewon spends afternoons learning obscure anticasper variations but if he does, then I can't wait for him to wreck some people. I wish they added Alex Olson and Ryan Sheckler in here just to show how much they suck at flatland.

flatland? who's letting bikes in the park?

IDAREYOU

« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2009, 04:25:46 PM »
flatground, flatland, it's the same shit, you know what I mean. the only difference between the two of those people is how many industry dicks they had to suck to be where they are. They're terrible at flatground and talk a lot of shit.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 04:30:05 PM by IDAREYOU »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2009, 07:11:21 PM »
You genuinely think it is possible to land a flip trick on two wheels, but to not be able to lean a tiny bit forward to get those other two wheels down?
Do you actually know anybody who can do a bunch of flip in flip out manuals who isn't consistent as fuck at flatground tricks? doing flips in and out of grinds shows a pretty good ability to flip the board and keep it under control.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2009, 08:36:34 PM »
jesus christ. sometimes you guys on here argue about the dumbest shit.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2009, 08:45:09 PM »

what the fuck is anticasper? are you 12?

IDAREYOU

« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2009, 09:33:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what the fuck is anticasper? are you 12?

hospital flips? that name might be more familiar.  carroll did a nollie one in the last BATB so I guess he's twelve too. you've played a game of skate right ? it's about how much obscure bullshit you can do, not how stylish any of it is.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:35:32 PM by IDAREYOU »

Mr_Snickers

« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2009, 05:11:43 AM »
mike v? david gravette? TK? kill me now.. who's psyched on figgy and jerry hsu though?? hell yes.
figgy has one trick he can do really well and that is a nollie 50-50 down a handrail. seeing how this a flatground only game, he wouldn't make it past the first round. gravette on the other hand? hell yes!

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2009, 06:44:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Do you actually know anybody who can do a bunch of flip in flip out manuals who isn't consistent as fuck at flatground tricks?

soooo you missed danny montoyas battle at the berrics games? oh and joey brezinskiz?
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

sal23

« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2009, 09:16:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You genuinely think it is possible to land a flip trick on two wheels, but to not be able to lean a tiny bit forward to get those other two wheels down?
Do you actually know anybody who can do a bunch of flip in flip out manuals who isn't consistent as fuck at flatground tricks? doing flips in and out of grinds shows a pretty good ability to flip the board and keep it under control.

I can do fakie fs flips to manual far easyer then fakie fs flips on flat
I always lean back to far on flat ones..

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2009, 11:24:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Name a flip trick you can do into or out of anything that you can't do well on flatground. You just avoid common sense at all costs don't you.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:27:20 PM by forks/knives save lives »

wheee!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2009, 10:50:21 AM »
Expand Quote
^ The point or the argument? My point was Daewon can do pretty much everything into and out of a manual or nosemanual, and I have never seen anybody who can only land a trick two wheeled, so add it up...
Expand Quote
[close]
Do you actually know anybody who can do a bunch of flip in flip out manuals who isn't consistent as fuck at flatground tricks?
[close]

soooo you missed danny montoyas battle at the berrics games? oh and joey brezinskiz?
I saw that, and I saw a lot more....
Brezinski made it to the second round, and lost to Mike Carroll, another tech skater. 3 of the last 4 skaters in the final 4 were known for their abilities to flip into our out of grinds or manuals (Billy Marks does it on handrails, but all he seems to do is flip to grind/slide on rails, and has admitted he prefers flipping onto a rail to ollieing onto it). The guy who won the whole thing was known for his ability to flip into and out of manuals and grinds. Montoya is a tech skater, but he is not on the level of a Daewon. Do you not see the difference between Danny Montoya, Joey Brezinski, and Daewon?
Cherry pick your facts much? Looking at the whole picture (and I saw the whole thing) my theory is supported more often than it is disproven.
Also, I am not saying that other types of skaters (those guys who huck flips over big gaps are really good too) can't do well, but to say you aren't sure if Daewon has good flatground is fucking stupid