Author Topic: Toy Machine underrated  (Read 4898 times)

yo yo yo

Toy Machine underrated
« on: May 17, 2009, 11:27:19 PM »
anti-hero and deluxe get alot of credit for being legitamite no bullshit skateboard companies but I get the feeling like templtons gnarliness is often overshadowed by people who buy baker, deathwish ect. Toy is hesh but its also got that early art bars visual sound artsyness shit.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:31:01 PM by yo yo yo »

crailtapper

Re: Toy Machine underrated
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 11:33:56 PM »
you know how kids latch to like one brand that they think is just the shit no matter what?

toy machine was my shit. 10 years later and i'm still buying they're boards. i kinda wish ba would have never left.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 11:39:11 PM »
antihero is deluxe.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

yo yo yo

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 11:51:18 PM »

crest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 12:24:27 AM »
i still buy toy machine boards.

Cookie Monster

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 12:46:46 AM »
im always down to get injected with toy machine goodness

ugly ass kook

• Rep: -58
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 01:15:27 AM »
rad, but deffenetly not underrated

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 01:39:24 AM »
you know how kids latch to like one brand that they think is just the shit no matter what?

toy machine was my shit. 10 years later and i'm still buying they're boards. i kinda wish ba would have never left.
same. ever sicne I first started skating, toy machine's always been my favorite. I have had numerous TM boards, t-shirts, hoodies, action figures, banners, posters, bearings, you name it. toy machine IS skateboarding

delta9

• Rep: -2
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 01:49:12 AM »
favorite toy machine graphic

my god the sex ive had and forced others to watch!

jalopy james

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 02:11:46 AM »
i don't think anyone on here believes that toy machine is anything but legit. their product is good, the team is amazing, and an amazing skater/artist is behind it all.

KFC should give cockatiels with their variety bucket, so you can eat one bird and love another.

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 02:15:52 AM »
i don't think anyone on here believes that toy machine is anything but legit. their product is good, the team is amazing, and an amazing skater/artist is behind it all.

COTG

yo yo yo

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 02:17:39 AM »
I mean I dont see kids or many people riding their boards anymore :-\

yo yo yo

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 02:31:31 AM »
agreed, but even in the "core" community its like exclusvley habitat, choco, deluxe,cliche
Ed needs the support, blueprint too if you can find em

GnArcIsSisTic

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 02:44:33 AM »
if Toy Machine needs support then Roger owes us money...

yo yo yo

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 02:46:53 AM »
touche yeah traffic needs some love too

yo yo yo

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 04:14:08 AM »
also I dont give fuck the leos on toy and all the tum yeto crap

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 04:43:00 AM »
I mean I dont see kids or many people riding their boards anymore :-\
i asked my local shop for toy decks, they did them and the first weeks, they were flying off the shelves. toy machine is doing great imo

Buffins.

• Rep: 25
  • Check your Grapes.
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 05:37:37 AM »
It's hard to support Toy across the pond in merry old England. Shops have to get the boards through the Element distributor, and they are a bunch of cunts.

BBQ

• Rep: 2
  • Ravaged, robbed & busted from county to county
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 08:20:15 AM »
Toy Machine has always been rad  had some great riders in the past Kalis, Ethan Fowler.  Hope Ed has a good part in Stay Gold

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 09:00:52 AM »
Toy was always one of my favorite brands but i lost alot of respect for the brand and for ed templeton when he was pretty much campaigning for obama during the election through toy machines website and blog...i understand that he is entitled to his own opinion but i just thought ed would be smarter than that...but oh yeah he is a big PETA supporter as well...i wonder if he even researches the things he and Toy Machine as a brand backs, considering PETA kills over 95% of the animals they get their hands on. After obamas first couple months i wonder if ed feels douped when he sees more of the same and no change whatsoever and pretty much a sped up from bush administration...maybe he shoulda done the research before hand....he wouldve known and no made himself and his company look bad and discredited

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 09:09:52 AM »
^did you vote green?

kinky john

• Rep: 39
  • I do not spook easily
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 09:20:05 AM »
, considering PETA kills over 95% of the animals they get their hands on.

explain?
Quote from: lipscantgo on April 15, 2009, 02:30:26 PM
Females now know to NEVER text Jereme before breakfast. He laid it down.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 09:25:34 AM »
toy's sick but i think the other brands that you mentioned are on another level. to me toy seems like they need to get off austin's nuts and drop a good new video with some interesting new ams to get more respect. i havent' been keeping up on the ams, saw the threads but didn't click them.

Toy was always one of my favorite brands but i lost alot of respect for the brand and for ed templeton when he was pretty much campaigning for obama during the election through toy machines website and blog...i understand that he is entitled to his own opinion but i just thought ed would be smarter than that...but oh yeah he is a big PETA supporter as well...i wonder if he even researches the things he and Toy Machine as a brand backs, considering PETA kills over 95% of the animals they get their hands on. After obamas first couple months i wonder if ed feels douped when he sees more of the same and no change whatsoever and pretty much a sped up from bush administration...maybe he shoulda done the research before hand....he wouldve known and no made himself and his company look bad and discredited

am i missing some sarcasm here?

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 09:38:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

explain?

seriously, wtf are you talking about?  Ed's been vegan for a very long time, and not just on the peta2 bandwagon.  I think he's an intelligent person who's been in teh game long enough to know what he's talking about and not just regurgitate some unfounded bs, as you seem to have done.

CeeyMar

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 09:39:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

explain?

Apparently they adopt animals from shelters and Euthanize them.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 09:42:46 AM »

seriously, wtf are you talking about?  Ed's been vegan for a very long time, and not just on the peta2 bandwagon.  I think he's an intelligent person who's been in teh game long enough to know what he's talking about and not just regurgitate some unfounded bs, as you seem to have done.
[/quote]

dude beleive me i want to back ed i used to think the same as your forever, but that just isnt true...i thought ed "got it" be he obviously doesnt, im not saying he isnt a vegan...shit im not i eat meat i was just saying that him campaigning for obama was lame and made me look at him and toy in a different way than i ever had and i wasnt happy about having to do that but shit

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 09:51:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

explain?

no problem, you can actually look this up yourself it is a matter of public record...i actually live in VA about 2 hours from the PETA headquarters. really the fact that they kill most of the animals they get isnt the worst thing ive heard...also buying a HUGE freezer to store the dead animals in is another and PETA workers being charged for dumping dead animals in private dumpsters...pretty gnarly stuff but here is the info...and here is PETA's response below it

Hypocrisy is the mother of all credibility problems, and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has it in spades. While loudly complaining about the "unethical" treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, the group has its own dirty little secret.

PETA kills animals. By the thousands.

From July 1998 through December 2008, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) killed over 21,000 dogs, cats, and other "companion animals." That's more than five defenseless creatures every day. PETA has a walk-in freezer to store the dead bodies, and contracts with a Virginia Beach company to cremate them.

Not counting the pets PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 90 percent of the animals it took in during the last five years. And its angel-of-death pattern shows no sign of changing.

Year Received† Adopted Killed Transferred % Killed % Adopted
2008 2,216 7 2,124 34 95.8 0.32
2007 1,997 17 1,815 35 90.9 0.85
2006 3,061 12 2,981 46 97.4 0.39
2005 2,165 146 1,946 69 89.9 6.74
2004 2,655 361 2,278 1 85.8 13.60
2003 2,224 312 1,911 1 85.9 14.03
2002 2,680 382 2,298 2 85.7 14.25
2001 2,685 703 1,944 14 72.4 26.18
2000 2,681 624 2,029 28 75.7 23.27
1999 1,805 386 1,328 91 73.6 21.39
*1998 943 133 685 125 72.6 14.10
Total 25,112 3,083 21,339 446 85.0 12.28

* figures represent the second half of 1998 only
† other than spay/neuter animals
» Skeptical? Click here to see the proof.

On its 2002 federal income-tax return, PETA claimed a $9,370 write-off for a giant walk-in freezer, the kind most people use as a meat locker or for ice-cream storage. But animal-rights activists don't eat meat or dairy foods. And during a 2007 criminal trial, a PETA manager (testifying under oath) confirmed the obvious -- that the group uses the appliance to store the bodies of its victims.

In 2000, when the Associated Press first noted PETA's Kervorkian-esque tendencies, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk complained that actually taking care of animals costs more than killing them. "We could become a no-kill shelter immediately," she admitted.

PETA kills animals. Because it has other financial priorities.

Here is the PDF if you dont beleive this:

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/downloads/PetaKillsAnimals.pdf

and here is petas response:

"Thank you for contacting PETA about the 'PETA Kills Animals' billboard and the accompanying promotions for it … PETA can't afford billboards in Times Square, so we're grateful for the opportunity that this one provides to discuss the animal overpopulation crisis."

The truth is stranger than fiction...sorry

PETA rakes in nearly $30 million each year in income, much of it raised from pet owners who think their donations actually help animals. Instead, the group spends huge sums on programs equating people who eat chicken with Nazis, scaring young children away from drinking milk, recruiting children into the radical animal-rights lifestyle, and intimidating businessmen and their families in their own neighborhoods. PETA has also spent tens of thousands of dollars defending arsonists and other violent extremists.

PETA claims it engages in outrageous media-seeking stunts "for the animals." But which animals? Carping about the value of future two-piece dinners while administering lethal injections to puppies and kittens isn't ethical. It's hypocritical -- with a death toll that PETA would protest if it weren't their own doing.

PETA kills animals. And its leaders dare lecture the rest of us?

Ytownterrier

• Rep: 1
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 10:41:14 AM »
that is so fucked

danker

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 10:50:45 AM »
PETA is killing it at bullshiting people

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 11:05:16 AM »
im sure Ed would agree if he knew...if i was Vegan I would tell PETA to pack sand if they even asked me for an interview