Author Topic: Zero Strange World  (Read 26390 times)

alienlurkshop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -31
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Zero Strange World
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2009, 12:10:54 PM »
ben gilleys a fuckin beast. he only had about 5 tricks  but they were gnaarly

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2009, 03:44:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
:'( :'( :'( :'( where's sheldon?!
[close]
[close]

he's in one of the montages

burman or fucky had best part.

Burman killed it in strange world. I always knew he ripped but damn...
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2009, 05:37:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Looks like the premiere will be the last few days of October...

We're going to do a video every year around this time and have rotating parts in each vid.
This vid will have footage of everyone in montages and shared parts; with full parts of 5 or 6 people.

...I'll work on my heelflips and hopefully have a part in the next vid.

[close]

i don't know if this is just my opinion or not but I'm going to say this anyways,

I'd rather see another zero vid in maybe 4-5 years. if you release it annually, it kind of lose something in the process and it won't really mean anything anymore to see a new zero video. it's like your videos are being turned into some kind of vapid marketing commodity. please don't do that.
[close]
I see your point, and agree with it to an extent. But jamie is looking at this how kids see it. You start a video when a kid is 12, and by the time it comes out he's almost 16. A lot can happen or change about skating in that time period. Not to mention everyone on the team has other obligations. Sadly footage is the main factor how we measure a skaters worth, if someone goes 6 months without dropping something people assume they've fallen off or are over it. So waiting a few years to drop another video isn't really the best idea if you want to stay fresh in skaters minds. I read it on here all the time. If you don't put out a part a year you are written off and forgotten about. I don't feel this way but the masses do, hence why a site like the berrics is so damn successful. There is no attention span or memory for the masses, they can't be bothered with anticipation.
Relevancy is key in marketing skateboarding today, regardless of your perspective on who falls into that. Obviously people make a living off a name without doing much, but I see those days as being numbered shortly. Fuck I hate this mindset but I can see that without an extremely strict schedule for releasing coverage you become the next steve durante.  

even still, isnt new blood a couple years old?

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2009, 06:28:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

We're going to do a video every year around this time and have rotating parts in each vid.
This vid will have footage of everyone in montages and shared parts; with full parts of 5 or 6 people.

[close]

i don't know if this is just my opinion or not but I'm going to say this anyways,

I'd rather see another zero vid in maybe 4-5 years. if you release it annually, it kind of lose something in the process and it won't really mean anything anymore to see a new zero video. it's like your videos are being turned into some kind of vapid marketing commodity. please don't do that.
[close]
I see your point, and agree with it to an extent. But jamie is looking at this how kids see it. You start a video when a kid is 12, and by the time it comes out he's almost 16. A lot can happen or change about skating in that time period. Not to mention everyone on the team has other obligations. Sadly footage is the main factor how we measure a skaters worth, if someone goes 6 months without dropping something people assume they've fallen off or are over it. So waiting a few years to drop another video isn't really the best idea if you want to stay fresh in skaters minds. I read it on here all the time. If you don't put out a part a year you are written off and forgotten about. I don't feel this way but the masses do, hence why a site like the berrics is so damn successful. There is no attention span or memory for the masses, they can't be bothered with anticipation.
Relevancy is key in marketing skateboarding today, regardless of your perspective on who falls into that. Obviously people make a living off a name without doing much, but I see those days as being numbered shortly. Fuck I hate this mindset but I can see that without an extremely strict schedule for releasing coverage you become the next steve durante.  
[close]

no, pretty sure new blood came out in 2005.  which means strange world was four years in the making.  i don't think that's rushing things.  and i know the reason a lot of the top guys on the team don't have full epic parts is because they filmed parts for fallen (jamie thomas, chris cole, tommy sandoval). 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 06:30:28 PM by popeyesfriedchicken »

hate on you

• Rep: -15
  • freak
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2009, 08:58:33 PM »
nobody on fallen had a full part. garrett hill and dane burman killed everything. jamie's part is seriously a joke.  marissa del santo is the craziest girl skater alive

raul

« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2009, 09:52:45 PM »
Just got out of the premier the video is amazing. Garrett hill first part. Its long and insane my favorite part for sure. Keegan second part skates to a flower travilin band song has tranny and rail stuff. Marissa del santo has a full part prolly the sickest girl skater ever. Elissastemer, gilley, sandoval, and a few people I haven't heard of are in montages brockman has a crazy part but he's lame, jamie thomas has a part that's all filmed in a warehouse its kinda short but solid and its put together cool. Dane burman has a part with the insanest ender. Chris cole and tom asta share a part cole has an insane ender and they skate to jeezy it is amazing. Tacowny last part. Also rattray has a part.    Ill post more if I remember.

i thought he would be getting curtains seeing as he's getting a board, but i can understand tancowny--so much hype on him, and for good reason.

GGFM

• Rep: 1
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2009, 10:20:18 AM »
Elissa steamer does NOT have a full part but has quite a bit of stuff in a montage

Bummed Elissa doesn't have a full part. Plus what is with teams having a requisite kid like Piscopo? Teams seem to be getting a Termite division.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2009, 12:30:49 PM »
you guys dont realize that this is a heavy, full length video. as long or longer than new blood.
 also rattray and hill better deserve extra praise for filming full new blood parts, osiris parts, in hills case a full zero promo part in 2006, and now full parts for strange world.

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2009, 05:22:16 PM »
Expand Quote
you guys dont realize that this is a heavy, full length video. as long or longer than new blood.
 also rattray and hill better deserve extra praise for filming full new blood parts, osiris parts, in hills case a full zero promo part in 2006, and now full parts for strange world.
[close]

i like your grampa fowler crook gif, from art bars
no i dont wanna subscribe to your youtube page

Chipper

• Rep: 14
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2009, 06:19:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

fuck, man, your not my type either, im into blondes fag
Wow.

hekkahyphy

« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2009, 06:39:26 PM »
im surprised noone said anything about the cervantes and tancowny decks in the new catalog

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2009, 07:57:54 PM »
Am I the only one who has this image pop up in their head every time they see promotional artwork for this video?

raul

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2009, 08:03:14 PM »
im surprised noone said anything about the cervantes and tancowny decks in the new catalog

i did in another thread. i guess the ams get their own colorways of boards as a usual thing on zero.

spare change

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2009, 08:24:06 PM »
Hope this makes it to shops soon along with the slave video.

PsychOut

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2009, 09:23:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you forgot to add homies after you said subscribe

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2009, 09:49:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

no, pretty sure new blood came out in 2005.  which means strange world was four years in the making.  i don't think that's rushing things.  and i know the reason a lot of the top guys on the team don't have full epic parts is because they filmed parts for fallen (jamie thomas, chris cole, tommy sandoval). 
[close]

see, that's my point,  they don't care now since they're doing a video every year, instead of taking the time out to make strangeworld a really heavy video, they're just going to make smaller videos from now on.

Here's how I see it...

We have 15 plus riders. To wait until everyone is ready for the video to come out just doesn't make sense.

Here are the reasons why...

-There are riders the brand wants to introduce and turn pro and you need the video to make that happen, if you wait until everyone has their crap done you may be waiting 3- 4 years.

-Video sales are virtually non-existent in todays times, so spending 3-4 years of marketing dollars for something that is not going to make any money just doesn't make sense.

-Lastly, long videos in my opinion (which is the one that counts here) are boring and not as motivating as 30 min vids that leave you wanting more.

So, what I propose to do (with or without your approval) is to release 1/2 a video of a 15 man team every year for an affordable price. (under $10) You might be 1 of a dozen dudes that wants to wait several years to see a new video, but everyone else wants to see it tomorrow.

You could of course not watch it and wait til the next one comes out, then watch em both back to back and you'd get your wish.

"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2009, 09:54:12 PM »
anyone know the song in the promo?
they use the song in the intro too, it sounds so familiar and its frustrating trying to identify it based on that guitar part.

isuck! will you please post the soundtrack, i went to extreme measures to go to the premiere, and i promise i will buy the dvd and the slave dvd  pleaseee

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2009, 10:19:51 PM »
feels weird blowing it out...
I'll let Sleazy post the soundtrack if he wants, it premieres in Houston at the JR skate jam next weekend.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

PsychOut

« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2009, 10:44:16 PM »
http://www.skatevideosite.com/skatevideos/zero-strange-world/soundtrack

Intro - ?
Garrett Hill - ?
Keegan Sauder - Flower Travelin' Band - ?
Marrisa Del Santo - ?
Montage - Shocking Blue - Never Marry A Railroad Man
Jamie Thomas - ?
Dane Burman - ?
James Brockman - Graveyard - Satan's Finest
Chris Cole and Tommy Asta - Young Jeezy - Turn My Swag On
Jamie Tancowny - Led Zeppelin - ?
Credits - The Seeds - Can't Seem To Make You Mine

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2009, 10:49:59 PM »
Intro - ?
Garrett Hill - ?
Keegan Sauder - Flower Travelin' Band - "Satori pt.1"
Marrisa Del Santo - ?
Montage - Shocking Blue - Never Marry A Railroad Man
Jamie Thomas - ?
Dane Burman - ?
James Brockman - Graveyard - Satan's Finest
Chris Cole and Tommy Asta - Young Jeezy - Turn My scale On
Jamie Tancowny - Led Zeppelin - ?
Credits - The Seeds - Can't Seem To Make You Mine

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2009, 11:06:57 PM »
Expand Quote
anyone know the song in the promo?
[close]
they use the song in the intro too, it sounds so familiar and its frustrating trying to identify it based on that guitar part.

isuck! will you please post the soundtrack, i went to extreme measures to go to the premiere, and i promise i will buy the dvd and the slave dvd  pleaseee

It sounds like Rocket from the Tombs, Im not sure though

Edit: It is a Rocket from the Tombs song, It's 30 seconds over Tokyo

« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:41:04 PM by All Hail Wu Welsh »

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2009, 11:21:32 PM »
So, what I propose to do is to release 1/2 a video of a 15 man team every year for an affordable price. (under $10)
i'm buying this video for sure if it's under $10 dollars.

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2009, 08:24:23 AM »

[/quote]

Here's how I see it...

We have 15 plus riders. To wait until everyone is ready for the video to come out just doesn't make sense.

Here are the reasons why...

-There are riders the brand wants to introduce and turn pro and you need the video to make that happen, if you wait until everyone has their crap done you may be waiting 3- 4 years.

-Video sales are virtually non-existent in todays times, so spending 3-4 years of marketing dollars for something that is not going to make any money just doesn't make sense.

-Lastly, long videos in my opinion (which is the one that counts here) are boring and not as motivating as 30 min vids that leave you wanting more.

So, what I propose to do (with or without your approval) is to release 1/2 a video of a 15 man team every year for an affordable price. (under $10) You might be 1 of a dozen dudes that wants to wait several years to see a new video, but everyone else wants to see it tomorrow.

You could of course not watch it and wait til the next one comes out, then watch em both back to back and you'd get your wish.

[/quote]

Looks like you still got it Jamie...I was starting to wonder...

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 702
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2009, 08:48:34 AM »
is A - Lo on this video?

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2009, 05:39:22 PM »
when is this going to be on dvd? jamie?

just_peysa

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2009, 10:15:24 PM »
why can't other companies release videos for this price?  so many more would sell it's not even funny. 

spare change

« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »
They will.
Shops are sitting on some many videos that theres no way theyre gonna order a dozen if it retails for more than 20 bucks.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2009, 10:30:41 PM »
not necessarily. mindfield sold out at my shop and i went there the saturday after the friday it came out. not sure how many they had originally though.

spare change

« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2009, 10:52:50 PM »
There are certain releases that will sell, but for how long? Does that shop still sell mind field well?
Videos have no longevity anymore.My shop sold over 20 copies,I was stoked. But I'm nervous to re order.