Author Topic: Battle At The Berrics 2 Official Thread  (Read 219216 times)

og.milk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Battle At The Berrics 2 Official Thread
« Reply #2040 on: October 04, 2009, 01:33:08 PM »
he's from seattle, dumbass.  seattle spots are way more rugged than the east coast. <b> we just don't feel the need to constantly remind everyone how totally core, gnarly, and creative we are, bro. </b>

greatest statement, ever.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #2041 on: October 04, 2009, 02:48:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wasn't to hyped on this game, first because I was kind of looking forward to Cole-Kirchart, but I know that every little kid at my local part will be rattling on and on about:  'Did you see Cory Kennedy beat Peter Rmondetatoootada?" And then insist on trying to do the same flatground tricks in the worst possible spaces. I.E. the flatbottom of a ramp, the exact same thing happened after that Jimmy Carlin video, kids who cant kickflip insisted on yelling "double Dolphin!" and then doing 1 1/2 varial flips.
I guess thats just how this makes me view him a little, the dude that shows up and starts trying the hardest thing he can, without any real warm up or basics to build on.

Has he had any footage that wasn't in a skatepark? (or not on a perfect Cali metal ledge, that may as well be a skatepark?)
[close]
I don't think he's assuming Cory's from Cali. He's just qualifying a ledge as "a perfect Cali ledge", because everything here in California is so perfect...  ::)

are you talking about Cory kennedy?
[close]
Notice how he assumes cory is from california because he's amazing.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

colinskates5

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2042 on: October 04, 2009, 04:14:10 PM »
Expand Quote
^ im pretty sure it was nollie inward heel with a body varial goin the opposite way (otherwise it would have been a nollie big heel the hard way)
[close]

its a nollie f/s heel with a body varial

i'll say nollie smallspin heelflip

sage

« Reply #2043 on: October 04, 2009, 04:33:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ im pretty sure it was nollie inward heel with a body varial goin the opposite way (otherwise it would have been a nollie big heel the hard way)
[close]

its a nollie f/s heel with a body varial
[close]

And I'll say you're fucking gay.

Mr_Friendly

• Rep: -40
« Reply #2044 on: October 04, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wasn't to hyped on this game, first because I was kind of looking forward to Cole-Kirchart, but I know that every little kid at my local part will be rattling on and on about:  'Did you see Cory Kennedy beat Peter Rmondetatoootada?" And then insist on trying to do the same flatground tricks in the worst possible spaces. I.E. the flatbottom of a ramp, the exact same thing happened after that Jimmy Carlin video, kids who cant kickflip insisted on yelling "double Dolphin!" and then doing 1 1/2 varial flips.
I guess thats just how this makes me view him a little, the dude that shows up and starts trying the hardest thing he can, without any real warm up or basics to build on.

Has he had any footage that wasn't in a skatepark? (or not on a perfect Cali metal ledge, that may as well be a skatepark?)
[close]
I don't think he's assuming Cory's from Cali. He's just qualifying a ledge as "a perfect Cali ledge", because everything here in California is so perfect...  ::)

[close]
[close]

yes I do assume he's from California, and I expect people from California or Florida, or dudes that basically live at the berrics for that matter, to be really good. so he may be from seattle, but does he live there now? or has he been in Cali for several years?

Anyway I was wondering has anybod won two games ina day, aside from the finals? It was pretty clear that Ramondetta played Joey B, and then Cory right after, it reminded me of Johnny Layton beating Marc Johnson then losing to Billy the same day, has anyone played 2 games in a day in BATB and won both?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:41:04 PM by Mr_Friendly »
Quote from: Allen.
You're not very friendly...

Thundergo

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2045 on: October 04, 2009, 07:01:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

yes I do assume he's from California, and I expect people from California or Florida, or dudes that basically live at the berrics for that matter, to be really good. so he may be from seattle, but does he live there now? or has he been in Cali for several years?

Anyway I was wondering has anybod won two games ina day, aside from the finals? It was pretty clear that Ramondetta played Joey B, and then Cory right after, it reminded me of Johnny Layton beating Marc Johnson then losing to Billy the same day, has anyone played 2 games in a day in BATB and won both?

That game against the legion of doom was a joke, if it was serious it would been just him not all those kids, he was going to win that game no matter what. Stop making excuses for Ramondetta getting beaten by the better skater

FallenDow923

« Reply #2046 on: October 04, 2009, 07:27:31 PM »
Damn, Cory slaughtered Pete. To be honest, it looked like they were both having a bad day. Both of their tricks were landed sloppy for the most part. Hopefully for the Cory fans, he won't do that again, or it'll probably end up as Cole Vs. P. Rod

yeah dude!

« Reply #2047 on: October 04, 2009, 07:43:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

He still lives in Seattle. Never lived in CA. And if you've seen any footage of him, skatepark or other, you'd know those are far from the hardest tricks he can do.

It's gotta be tough for pros/am to be a part of these games. You don't do hard enough tricks, people get bummed (Haslam), you do tricks too hard people get bummed.

FallenDow923

« Reply #2048 on: October 04, 2009, 08:01:27 PM »
Expand Quote
chris cole even has bad style riding a bicycle.
[close]
chris cole has better style then the person in your avatar

;D

nadunitt

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2049 on: October 04, 2009, 08:04:43 PM »
it kind of pisses me off on how i got every single battle right until they decided to put pete up with legion of doom.... fuckign gay, i guess they dont want anybody to win?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2050 on: October 04, 2009, 08:21:11 PM »
it kind of pisses me off on how i got every single battle right until they decided to put pete up with legion of doom.... fuckign gay, i guess they dont want anybody to win?
Mark wasn't gonna win anyways
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

takman

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2051 on: October 04, 2009, 09:53:38 PM »
Cory Kennedy is the real deal.  Seattle Represent Yeeeeeeee!

Check out the latest footage/trailer of him skating the new Seattle downtown park:

Tko788

• Rep: -20
« Reply #2052 on: October 04, 2009, 10:33:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

I like how you act like you know what you're talking about. It's funny. ::)

TheFreshSC

« Reply #2053 on: October 04, 2009, 11:53:43 PM »

Check out the latest footage/trailer of him skating the new Seattle downtown park:

that park looks like an all-around good time

frisco

« Reply #2054 on: October 04, 2009, 11:56:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Once again provide me with an excellent sig

stabbin

« Reply #2055 on: October 05, 2009, 12:01:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Once again provide me with an excellent sig
He's damn good at it, ain't hee

theskatereptile

« Reply #2056 on: October 05, 2009, 12:25:51 AM »
Cory Kennedy is going to win.

Harold.

• Rep: 3
  • you want me to trash your fucking lights?
« Reply #2057 on: October 05, 2009, 12:53:17 AM »
c'mon corey, some basics wouldn't go astray.

Kid still rips incredibly hard though

stabbin

« Reply #2058 on: October 05, 2009, 01:04:13 AM »
c'mon corey, some basics wouldn't go astray.

Kid still rips incredibly hard though
Why do basics if those tricks ARE your basics?!

Wishful thinking if you're expecting another NORMAL game from Mr. Kennedy my friend.   http://theberrics.com/dailyopspost.php?postid=1396

Thom Verlaine

« Reply #2059 on: October 05, 2009, 01:29:09 AM »
Why the fuck do I have to see Salman Agah?...

I guess my own fault for going on the berrics site.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #2060 on: October 05, 2009, 02:45:30 AM »

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #2061 on: October 05, 2009, 04:25:02 AM »
that kid fired no warning shots, he just went right to it.  good for him.  watching his street footage was good too.  this kids from seattle?  what else are you fuckers hiding up there?

« Reply #2062 on: October 05, 2009, 05:00:48 AM »
Kids whos coming up through the berrics is not legit to me

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #2063 on: October 05, 2009, 05:11:06 AM »
congrats to corey, but this batb is pretty confusing and not really interesting anymore.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2064 on: October 05, 2009, 08:37:14 AM »
That was Tony Hawk shit right there. Never seen so many 360 rotated tricks in a skate in my life.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #2065 on: October 05, 2009, 01:20:19 PM »
this battleattheberrics is blowing it because

A.  it's not as organized, i liked how in the first one i could always wake up on weekends and know there was gonna be a game up.   This time, you never know.

B.  Not as many pro's dropped out in the first one, seems like they just don't care this time

C. Stereo commercials are way to long (specially the dune and Lee one, what the fuck)

D. Mike Vallely got in and Rick McCrank didn't

But I'm still watching because:

A.  No steve berra delaying his game because of his wierd sickness

B.  Some of those stereo commercials were actually damn good (Clint)

C.  Cole vs Busenitz

tim heidecker

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2066 on: October 05, 2009, 07:17:58 PM »

Expand Quote

[close]

Ahem...

and that was just one 5 hour day

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #2067 on: October 05, 2009, 07:32:15 PM »

I hope he doesn't get boring like PJ did.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

spare change

« Reply #2068 on: October 05, 2009, 07:54:26 PM »
this kids from seattle?  what else are you fuckers hiding up there?

« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:37:54 PM by spare change »

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #2069 on: October 05, 2009, 11:29:47 PM »
I hope he doesn't get boring like PJ did.

how can you compare the two?
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth