Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249486 times)

Mole

Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #600 on: August 31, 2012, 05:43:41 AM »

Not my favourite, but very cheap, very drinkable, and better than a lot of higher-priced local beers. Oettinger has gotten me through many a bad/good time. The perfect companion for a shred, whether solo or with a good crowd.

Matze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #601 on: August 31, 2012, 05:50:12 AM »
^^this is the worst.

Mole

« Reply #602 on: August 31, 2012, 05:57:50 AM »
Tough times call for tough measures. I said it isn't my favourite. I do drink a lot of it though.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #603 on: August 31, 2012, 06:35:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thanks to everyone who posted about Firestone, I put together a build-your-own six pack with the DBA, Pale 31, Union Jack and Solace and thought they were all really good.  I wouldn't have tried it otherwise because their labels are boring as shit and I never noticed it at the liquor store until I was actually looking for it.

I am a pretty big fan of Black Lagers but there aren't a lot to choose from, my go to is Shiner Black Lager.  I spotted a bomber of this at the liquor store and it's some really good shit...

Don't go all beer snob and avoid this one because it's from Coors, it's good and worth checking out. Don't know how to explain the flavor but if you are into pale ales then you'll probably like it...

Any of you dudes in California gotten your hands on some of the Mikey Taylor "Saint Archer Brewery" action yet?

[close]

speaking of Firestone and Black beers, had another Firestone Wookey Jack.  holy christ this is good stuff.  you should give it a try

i'm literally planning a weekend getaway with the girlfriend up to Paso Robles just so i can go to the brewery and drink Firestone from the source. 

[close]

Damn, I'll be on the look out for that one.  Bonus points that it's unfiltered. 

it is unfiltered.  so smooth

had this for the first time last night.  really good.  lives up to the hype

in other beer news, i'm headed to San Diego this weekend (CA beer mecca).  i'm planning on visiting as many breweries as my girlfriend will tolerate

Stone is at the top of my list

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #604 on: August 31, 2012, 03:25:50 PM »
Floop, I know I already recommended it, but I would make it a priority to go to Bottlecraft in downtown. The address is 2161 India Street.

Also, The Neighborhood is a little more pricy, but a cool place with a ton of great beers. Its on the corner of G and 7th street.

Just some suggestions if you've got the time.

Irvine-Sucks.com

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #605 on: August 31, 2012, 03:32:37 PM »
picked up a bottle of Dogfish Head's Positive Contact. A beer done in conjunction with Dan the Automater. I guess these were supposed to come in six packs at like 100 dollars a pop, but it came with a 12 inch with four new songs and a recipe book?

not my picture

fowlerclone

• Rep: -15
« Reply #606 on: August 31, 2012, 04:07:26 PM »
god, craft beer is such a waste of money

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65425
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #607 on: August 31, 2012, 07:20:05 PM »
Wrong fuckhead! Craft beer is made with mostly natural ingredients and is aged from 3-5 weeks or 4-6 weeks depending on the yeast used. Its also unpasturized and has a far more complex flavour profile depending on the malt mix and hop blend. You sir have a juvenile pallet and hopefully you get sick from your cheap shitty beer and you repent your sins against beer.

Ps it takes Enbev 9 days to age a batch of bud then they pasturize it.
Pps I work at a craft brewery and i love beer more than mOst things.

faarooq

• Rep: 7
« Reply #608 on: August 31, 2012, 07:42:25 PM »
Crooked Tree IPA has been my favorite as of late along with good ol' Budweiser of course.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #609 on: August 31, 2012, 10:11:36 PM »
getting a case of heady topper tomorrow from a buddy who muled it here from vermont. pretty pumped, as it's the best ipa i've ever had.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #610 on: September 01, 2012, 01:40:17 AM »

your signature is a pic of a bunch of baker skaters, which means you're probably 14 years old. don't trip, when you get out of high school your taste in beer will probably start changing a bit. till then!
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #611 on: September 02, 2012, 05:44:47 PM »
this stuff is so fucking good.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #612 on: September 03, 2012, 06:56:50 PM »
Floop, I know I already recommended it, but I would make it a priority to go to Bottlecraft in downtown. The address is 2161 India Street.

Also, The Neighborhood is a little more pricy, but a cool place with a ton of great beers. Its on the corner of G and 7th street.

Just some suggestions if you've got the time.

thanks for the rec RCB3.  i actually ended up making it over there on Saturday.  really cool place.  they're definitely doing it right.  it reminded me of our local place around here Sunset Beer Company, which is the same set up - only sell specialty beer, and have a tap room too - and you can drink your beer there too if you want.  Bottlecraft kind of blows Sunset Beer Company out of the water though.  don't get me wrong, it's good, but it seemed like they had a way huger selection at Bottlecraft.  plus, the place is a little more inviting to hang out at.  anyway, thanks again.  enjoyed it.   i should have asked you for skate recommendations

ended up going to 6 breweries in 3 days (god bless my girlfriend for tagging along)

Stone is king but Port is probably the favorite one just because most of their beers are my type (hoppy west coast IPAs).  Mission had great ambiance.  Ballast Point has fucking epic beers, their logo design is kind of a shame.  Green Flash Imperial IPA is liquid gold.  Stone is mecca
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 09:32:27 PM by floop »
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #613 on: September 03, 2012, 11:44:34 PM »
Glad you had fun and got to check out so many breweries. Looked like a good time and if you come to SD again soon I'll give you some spots too!

Irvine-Sucks.com

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #614 on: September 09, 2012, 09:33:46 PM »
[deleting those pictures of me because it's embarrassing and i was drunk when i posted those]

had this tonight.  amazing.  i'm coming around to stouts.  fucking 10.5 percent and you wouldn't even know it.  so smooth

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #615 on: September 10, 2012, 12:40:50 AM »
sunk a few of these yesterday

sooo fucking nice

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #616 on: September 10, 2012, 06:43:01 PM »
never had a pumpkin beer before.  like it more than i thought i would

fowlerclone

• Rep: -15
« Reply #617 on: September 11, 2012, 10:26:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

your signature is a pic of a bunch of baker skaters, which means you're probably 14 years old. don't trip, when you get out of high school your taste in beer will probably start changing a bit. till then!
I guess deciding not to spend $10+ on a six pack, or even a four pack makes me a high school student.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #618 on: September 11, 2012, 11:10:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I guess deciding not to spend $10+ on a six pack, or even a four pack makes me a high school student broke ass dropout.

got a couple of these for $2.99/22oz the other night. A really nice tripel. 8.5% not too boozy. Shit, at this price, clonebro might give it a taste.

anyone is southeastern Massachusetts should swing by Muckey's Liqour's on 44. they're letting go of some good brews at low prices to make way for the fall stock. cases for $18

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #619 on: September 11, 2012, 11:15:33 AM »
this makes me think maybe Joe Biden isn't so bad after all

http://dcist.com/2012/09/no_bullsht_biden_offers_to_buy_pen.php

"This is no malarkey. You come to the White House. I?ll buy you a beer.?

pancake man

« Reply #620 on: September 11, 2012, 07:02:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I guess deciding not to spend $10+ on a six pack, or even a four pack makes me a high school student broke ass dropout.
[close]

got a couple of these for $2.99/22oz the other night. A really nice tripel. 8.5% not too boozy. Shit, at this price, clonebro might give it a taste.

anyone is southeastern Massachusetts should swing by Muckey's Liqour's on 44. they're letting go of some good brews at low prices to make way for the fall stock. cases for $18

how big are the cases? 12 or 24? cause that's a hell of a price for 24 if it's decent craft beer. Our liquor store in WMass was doing 24 mixed for 32 dollars?

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #621 on: September 11, 2012, 07:40:58 PM »
FAG!

never had a pumpkin beer before.  like it more than i thought i would

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #622 on: September 11, 2012, 08:21:03 PM »
 ::)

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

foureyedjim

« Reply #623 on: September 11, 2012, 08:42:13 PM »

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #624 on: September 11, 2012, 10:29:10 PM »
FAG!

Expand Quote
never had a pumpkin beer before.  like it more than i thought i would

[close]

i hope that's some kind of intentional meta-irony.  if not it's good as straight irony

garbage plate

« Reply #625 on: September 18, 2012, 04:08:24 PM »
ive been drinking alot of these lately

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:11:29 PM by garbage plate »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #626 on: September 18, 2012, 04:19:20 PM »
Mmmm...Sammy Smith.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #627 on: September 18, 2012, 04:31:54 PM »
My wife got me a plethora of IPA's as part of her gift for our first anniversary this weekend and I tried this one for the first time. I love white ales and IPA's and I wasn't disappointed. As for my recent love of IPA's, I still find myself going to back to Racer 5 all the time. Love that beer.

Irvine-Sucks.com

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #628 on: October 22, 2012, 08:32:36 AM »
i feel like a kid at christmas time

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #629 on: October 22, 2012, 10:17:50 PM »
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers