Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249438 times)

floop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #870 on: February 26, 2013, 07:35:09 AM »
the Palo Santo Marron is amazing.  never seen it on tap before.  it could cut your night a bit short if you had too many though (at 12%)
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #871 on: February 26, 2013, 07:57:05 AM »
the Palo Santo Marron is amazing.  never seen it on tap before.  it could cut your night a bit short if you had too many though (at 12%)
Definitely a great one. Ever tried their Festina Peche? It's more malt beverage than beer, but damn if it isn't awesome on a nice summer evening
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
« Reply #872 on: February 26, 2013, 10:24:36 AM »
Backing this lately.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 460
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #873 on: February 26, 2013, 10:49:41 AM »
I'd store some but I'd just drink it all very quickly.

Greg Ostertag

• Rep: 47
  • Trabajo sucio
« Reply #874 on: February 26, 2013, 11:15:50 AM »

Right?

I just couldn't see myself broke and a week away from pay day, sipping Miller Lite with a treasure chest full of top shelf beer in my closet and a chip on my shoulder. This is either a rich man's hobby, or the hobby of a man with a finely tuned self control mechanism.

But, more power to the dudes out there doin thangs. Drinking beer is often an art.
Cold Ghengis

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #875 on: February 26, 2013, 11:30:07 AM »
if you've never had a sour get the madamin loverbeer or petrus aged pale. speedway stout is really good as well. you kind of can't go wrong with that list.
i've never had a sour so i will definitely try one of those ones, thanks.

dont think ill be diving into one of these beasts since its on the stronger side and i wanna sample a few. the old lady is getting ready right now so ill be headed down there shortly. ill post pics later. thanks pals!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #876 on: February 26, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »
enjoy your birthday!
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #877 on: February 26, 2013, 01:36:33 PM »
just got three whole cases of Berkshire Brewing Co dropped off at my house, stoked on not having to buy beer for a good while

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #878 on: February 27, 2013, 12:16:04 AM »
thanks floop! and thanks max power for the recommendation, i went with the Petrus Aged Pale first and i really liked it. sorry for the huge pictures but the photobucket editor isnt working right now.

next i went with the Vicaris Tripel Gueuze another sour ale. since ive been drinking a lot of ipas and i liked the petrus i thought it would be a good choice. i wasnt disappointed, it was a little sweeter and more tart than the petrus but very good.

stopped at good karma right across the street next cause i heard they have a pretty good selection going, got to sample the Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine, the taste was good but ended super strong, not sure if im gonna be a fan of barleywines. anyway, i got Drakes Hopocolypse, it was hella good.

ended the downtown trip with a Ninkasi Tricerahops also hella good.

sippin on this right now, cheers pals!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

pancake man

« Reply #879 on: February 27, 2013, 05:54:42 AM »
tangar if you can find it on tap look for 21st Amendments Lower De Boom. It's their barley wine and it's super fucking good, but unfortunately on tap only

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #880 on: February 27, 2013, 08:54:12 AM »

A while back I got an old refrigerator for free and put it in my garage.  Inititially, I would go to the liquor store and buy shopping carts full of beer with the thought that I wouldn't have to go buy beer for a long time.  I stopped doing that shit after I realized that I was buying beer just as often and instead was spending most evenings walking around half-cocked.  Smoke 'em if ya got 'em I suppose.

I've posted this before but for the dudes that really like Delerium Tremens, you have to try this...

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #881 on: February 27, 2013, 11:08:43 AM »
tangar if you can find it on tap look for 21st Amendments Lower De Boom. It's their barley wine and it's super fucking good, but unfortunately on tap only
thanks ill keep an eye out for that, ive liked all the 21st amendment brews i have had so far.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #882 on: February 27, 2013, 06:34:36 PM »
any wild blue fans?

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #883 on: February 27, 2013, 07:17:18 PM »
any wild blue fans?

I used to think that was delicious when I first started drinking beer and it's 8%, which is crazy, but since my tastes have changed a lot with alcohol over the years and I'm more into IPA's and Belgians, I tried it again and it tasted terrible to me. Kinda just tastes like cider to me. But I got fucked up on that shit while waiting in like for Halo 3 a couple of years back.

Irvine-Sucks.com

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #884 on: March 01, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
likey

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #885 on: March 02, 2013, 03:52:04 AM »
post tits pls

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #886 on: March 04, 2013, 10:56:01 PM »
drinking this right now. fire.

"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #887 on: March 06, 2013, 08:55:39 PM »
^ how is it?

this is a serious DIPA.  i think up there with the best of them (that i've had)..  really want to visit the Firestone Walker brewery (and Barrelworks) one of these days soon

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #888 on: March 06, 2013, 09:01:13 PM »
Lots of great beers posted! My personal fav is unibroue's FIN DU MONDE.. Just perfect, award winning IPA (99 on ratebeer).. after you try this stuff you will never drink bud light again

Maudite, trois pistoles also deserve recognition

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #889 on: March 07, 2013, 08:11:43 AM »
likey

"God - he's taking pictures of his beer again...why can't he take pictures of me like that?"

Good sampler to buy if you want to try sour brews out:

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:13:43 AM by The Nose Face »

pancake man

« Reply #890 on: March 07, 2013, 08:49:00 AM »
where did you snag that from?

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #891 on: March 07, 2013, 09:41:42 AM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=37201.msg1864781#msg1864781 date=1362672703
Expand Quote
likey

[close]
"God - he's taking pictures of his beer again...why can't he take pictures of me like that?"

ha.  you have no idea.  i probably have more beer pictures than new parents have baby pictures

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #892 on: March 07, 2013, 10:35:30 AM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=37201.msg1864781#msg1864781 date=1362672703
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
likey

[close]

[close]

ha.  you have no idea.  i probably have more beer pictures than new parents have baby pictures

haha - you're the man, Floop. I know the look all too well myself...Cheers to that!

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #893 on: March 07, 2013, 11:56:43 AM »
man, i've been broke as fuck. making $75/day leaves me drinking pbr and bud. ain't creaking down to the steel level. fuckin a.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #894 on: March 07, 2013, 01:26:40 PM »

Had this one last night and was quite surprised at how good it ended up being. I was standing in front of the beer section googling beer reviews between this one and another from Latvia.

Floop, you live in LA right? What's your local beer spot/recommendation? I usually go to Sunset Beer Co., Cap N' Cork, or Red Carpet Wine and Liquor in Glendale. That store Jon's is also really good for Russian/Eastern European beers at ridiculously cheap prices.

Random Matt

« Reply #895 on: March 07, 2013, 01:59:26 PM »

I love my mom, she's bringing me two 4 packs of this from Cleveland during Easter. 
I think it's a new one, haven't tried it yet, GL does good IPAs so not worried.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #896 on: March 07, 2013, 02:19:04 PM »

Had this one last night and was quite surprised at how good it ended up being. I was standing in front of the beer section googling beer reviews between this one and another from Latvia.

Floop, you live in LA right? What's your local beer spot/recommendation? I usually go to Sunset Beer Co., Cap N' Cork, or Red Carpet Wine and Liquor in Glendale. That store Jon's is also really good for Russian/Eastern European beers at ridiculously cheap prices.

Sunset Beer Co is my local go to, and favorite.  can always count on getting fresh stuff, and they post up when they get new stuff (they just got some Alpine.  will probably be gone before I get off work).  cool dudes who work there.  cool tasting room.  usually good music playing.

55 Degree Wine in Atwater is good too, though highish prices.   I like Beverage Warehouse in Marina Del Ray if I'm on that side of town. 

my recent discovery is Valley Beverage Company in Sherman Oaks.  really good selection.  cool dude who works there.   one of the only places i've seen that gets Pliny The Elder regularly

someone turned me on to this place Wades Wines in Agoura Hills recently.  really nice selection.   cool tasting room

that place Buzz downtown is pretty good, though maybe too heavy on Belgians for my taste

i'm always on the prowl, looking for new places

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #897 on: March 10, 2013, 01:00:54 PM »
i went to Firestone Walker Barrelworks yesterday, in Buelton (also went to Solvang skatepark which is sick)

it is a barrel aged beer wonderland.  

parabola

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #898 on: March 10, 2013, 03:11:48 PM »
jesus! did you bring anything to take home floop? if so, post some pics!
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #899 on: March 10, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »
jesus! did you bring anything to take home floop? if so, post some pics!

i wouldn't let you down

bonus points if you can find the cat in this photo

parabola is fucking amazing.  definitely up there with the best Imperial Stouts i've had, if not the best