Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249390 times)

floop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #930 on: March 16, 2013, 08:52:19 AM »
Just went through my alloted 2 bottles of Pliny for Kelly's. Who's down to make a pilgrimage to santa rosa to the brewery? I'll have to get by with more of this in the meantime. I really like it.

i love Port beers.  their Wipeout and Mongo are actually pretty similar to Pliny.  someone mentioned that to me once, and the last time i had Mongo i agreed.

i really want to go to the brewery some time.  not sure when i'll get a chance though.  need a weekend to make it all the way up there

last night's conquests.  

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #931 on: March 19, 2013, 01:32:05 AM »
just about finished this bottle, a friend got it for me as a birthday gift along with a Brother Thelonious which i havent got to try yet.

at first i wasnt really impressed with the flavor (ive been drinking a lot of really hoppy beer lately) but as i kept drinking it grew on me. a little subtle fruit flavor thats not too strong and didnt linger around, and i got a nice mellow buzz after finishing the bottle. plus popping the cork with a day off tomorrow made it feel extra special.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

pancake man

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #932 on: March 19, 2013, 05:44:21 AM »
Belgian ales are always a good time, you gotten around to trying any sours or flemish ales yet?

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #933 on: March 19, 2013, 07:02:06 AM »
Belgian ales are always a good time, you gotten around to trying any sours or flemish ales yet?

This shit rocks - similar to Monk's Cafe. Great Steak Marinade too!

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #934 on: March 19, 2013, 12:03:39 PM »

I fucks with this when the beer shop doesn't have anything more interesting

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #935 on: March 19, 2013, 12:11:38 PM »
just about finished this bottle, a friend got it for me as a birthday gift along with a Brother Thelonious which i havent got to try yet.

at first i wasnt really impressed with the flavor (ive been drinking a lot of really hoppy beer lately) but as i kept drinking it grew on me. a little subtle fruit flavor thats not too strong and didnt linger around, and i got a nice mellow buzz after finishing the bottle. plus popping the cork with a day off tomorrow made it feel extra special.

North Coast is one of my favorite breweries.  The Old Rasputin Russian Imperial stout is dope, comes in a 4 pack, and will destroy you. 

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #936 on: March 19, 2013, 11:45:44 PM »
dont think ive tried any flemish ales?? yet, but a couple pages back i posted pictures of two sour ales i tried and i really liked them, one was called Petrus Aged Pale and i forgot the other and am too lazy to go back and look. whats a flemish you recommend and how would you describe it? or is it the same as a sour? forgive my ignorance.
^lesbianPUNCH ive always seen the rasputin but never tried it, maybe i will soon tho.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

dillanharp

« Reply #937 on: March 20, 2013, 12:19:51 AM »
I can't fuck with the Old Rasputin, or stouts in general. I'm a vagina. I just never acquired the taste.

pancake man

« Reply #938 on: March 20, 2013, 04:56:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
dont think ive tried any flemish ales?? yet, but a couple pages back i posted pictures of two sour ales i tried and i really liked them, one was called Petrus Aged Pale and i forgot the other and am too lazy to go back and look. whats a flemish you recommend and how would you describe it? or is it the same as a sour? forgive my ignorance.
^lesbianPUNCH ive always seen the rasputin but never tried it, maybe i will soon tho.

Petrus makes a flemish ale called Oud Bruin and if you can find it New Belgium La Folie

garbage plate

« Reply #939 on: March 20, 2013, 10:52:28 AM »
i can only find this at one bar in my area

pancake man

« Reply #940 on: March 20, 2013, 08:53:52 PM »
so Founder's Everyday IPA really is an everyday IPA. I picked up a sixer of it this evening and could have easily drank the entire six pack. nice mellow grapefruit nose followed by a nice crisp bite that wasn't in your face hops. Also picked up Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot Ale

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #941 on: March 21, 2013, 01:19:48 AM »

had this yesterday, way better than i thought it would be. very coffee forward. the coffee bitterness actually complements the bitterness of the hops.

god that sounded gay.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #942 on: March 22, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »
^ want

best los angeles-brewed IPA

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #943 on: March 24, 2013, 01:53:34 AM »

Hoppy Daze from Coronado Brewing Company

finally got to try this Stone

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2532
« Reply #944 on: March 24, 2013, 08:43:46 AM »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #945 on: March 26, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »

had this yesterday, way better than i thought it would be. very coffee forward. the coffee bitterness actually complements the bitterness of the hops.

god that sounded gay.

had it over the weekend.  wanted to like it but really didn't.  didn't work for me

in other beer news i got banned from Beer Advocate heheh.  i don't recommend getting drunk and going on there to discuss beer.  they are pretty uptight actually

pancake man

« Reply #946 on: March 26, 2013, 10:31:41 AM »
hahahah what happened?

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #947 on: March 26, 2013, 11:14:39 AM »
ha that's fucking great, Floop - fuck em...

Had this over last weekend...Gets you fucked up the same way espresso Vodka does. You have 14.3% booze in there, but it's offset from the Coffee in it. You get drunk and buzzed at the same time; probably great for your heart...wouldn't mind trying the coffee from Intelligentsia that's in this beer...but i'm with Nallid when it comes to Stouts...I always give it another shot after some time, but can never really dig it.

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #948 on: March 26, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »
Thought I'd give my homies a shout-out since I just had a new brew from them last night that blew my mind.  Check out this web site, and if you're lucky enough to be anywhere where these beers are offered check them out.  I had the Prairie Funky Galaxy last night.  It was intensely hoppy but yielded strange floral spices and strange citrus fruit notes.  The aroma from this beer is unbelievable, and the taste is about the same.  Also, if any of you are in the market for some graphic design and like the labels on these beers, hit up Colin.  He's a talented genius. 

http://prairieales.com/Beers.html 

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #949 on: March 26, 2013, 03:36:15 PM »
Expand Quote

god that sounded gay.
[close]

had it over the weekend.  wanted to like it but really didn't.  didn't work for me

yea i could understand that. i personally don't really get down with the whole hoppy/dipa craze, so the fact that this didn't really taste like an ipa was a big plus for me.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #950 on: March 26, 2013, 06:19:16 PM »

this shit so good it tastes like no other beer ive ever had before

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #951 on: March 26, 2013, 09:11:48 PM »
hahahah what happened?

honestly don't totally remember.  i did post some harmless jokes i think.  also, i posted a topic about why there aren't any african american owned breweries, which they deleted immediately.  then i mentioned that in another thread where someone was complaining about them deleting threads.  they definitely run things with an iron fist over there.  i can kind of respect it - wanting to keep it all beer related, and no off topic.  they i think they're a little uptight

Nose Face, where did you get that Bourbon County?  i really need to get my hands on some of that

LesbianPunch, your friend is killing it.  the artwork is great.  is it just me or is that supposed to be two fat gay guys in that one label?  that would be pretty hilarious / ballsy.

please send samples

pancake man

« Reply #952 on: March 26, 2013, 09:43:41 PM »
Fun fact there's a brewery a african american owned brewery in Harlem! www.harlembrewingcompany.com
god I love doing random research projects on beer

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #953 on: March 26, 2013, 10:29:56 PM »
Fun fact there's a brewery a african american owned brewery in Harlem! www.harlembrewingcompany.com
god I love doing random research projects on beer

that's cool man.  that's what i'm talkin about!   

i love beer and i think the whole craft beer scene is filled with cool people, but it does seem like a "stuff white people like" thing.  just kind of wondered why..  think it would be cool to see some more diversity is all

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #954 on: March 26, 2013, 10:34:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

god that sounded gay.
[close]

[close]

yea i could understand that. i personally don't really get down with the whole hoppy/dipa craze, so the fact that this didn't really taste like an ipa was a big plus for me.

for me it's kind of the opposite.  i love IPAs, DIPAs so..  i was open to something different, but at the end of the day my feeling was like, get this iced coffee out of my IPA.  wanted to taste the IPA element alone.   

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #955 on: March 26, 2013, 11:59:48 PM »
thats fucking hilarious floop, have a gnar. and ill take some samples of those prairie ales too por favor.

steenz

« Reply #956 on: March 27, 2013, 08:40:01 AM »
budweiser all day

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #957 on: March 27, 2013, 09:00:49 AM »
Expand Quote
hahahah what happened?
[close]

honestly don't totally remember.?  i did post some harmless jokes i think.?  also, i posted a topic about why there aren't any african american owned breweries, which they deleted immediately.?  then i mentioned that in another thread where someone was complaining about them deleting threads.?  they definitely run things with an iron fist over there.?  i can kind of respect it - wanting to keep it all beer related, and no off topic.?  they i think they're a little uptight

Nose Face, where did you get that Bourbon County??  i really need to get my hands on some of that

LesbianPunch, your friend is killing it.?  the artwork is great.?  is it just me or is that supposed to be two fat gay guys in that one label??  that would be pretty hilarious / ballsy.

please send samples

They had them at one of the beer distrbutors I go to, but it was a fucking rip off. If i see another one around i'll buy you one and mail it to ya, Floop. I'll keep you posted, fuck the people on B.A. - you got better beer geeks on this thread.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #958 on: March 27, 2013, 09:41:27 AM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=37201.msg1879437#msg1879437 date=1364400049
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hahahah what happened?
[close]

honestly don't totally remember.?  i did post some harmless jokes i think.?  also, i posted a topic about why there aren't any african american owned breweries, which they deleted immediately.?  then i mentioned that in another thread where someone was complaining about them deleting threads.?  they definitely run things with an iron fist over there.?  i can kind of respect it - wanting to keep it all beer related, and no off topic.?  they i think they're a little uptight

Nose Face, where did you get that Bourbon County??  i really need to get my hands on some of that

LesbianPunch, your friend is killing it.?  the artwork is great.?  is it just me or is that supposed to be two fat gay guys in that one label??  that would be pretty hilarious / ballsy.

please send samples
[close]

They had them at one of the beer distrbutors I go to, but it was a fucking rip off. If i see another one around i'll buy you one and mail it to ya, Floop. I'll keep you posted, fuck the people on B.A. - you got better beer geeks on this thread.

i would happily paypal you the money (plus extra for your troubles), or send you something in trade.  been on the hunt for that for a while

pancake man

« Reply #959 on: March 27, 2013, 05:34:40 PM »
I'd be down to do a small trade in like a month or two if anyone is interested