Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249360 times)

max power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #1290 on: July 13, 2013, 10:42:58 AM »
so glad i can head across the river and get ballast point now.

noone1234

• Rep: -36
« Reply #1291 on: July 13, 2013, 04:14:52 PM »
one of 12 i brought home from the brewery

you lucky duck

dillanharp

« Reply #1292 on: July 13, 2013, 04:47:09 PM »
I think Red Stripe or Session might be my favorite every day beers.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 408
« Reply #1293 on: July 13, 2013, 08:54:10 PM »

I picked this up today because it looked so good.  I really like it, but I wish I could get a vanilla porter with a stronger vanilla taste.  All I got was a coffee porter taste with a vanilla aftertaste as it warmed up.  I want a smack of vanilla.  But that's probably because I really like vanilla.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1294 on: July 13, 2013, 11:46:53 PM »
from the last few weeks:

looks like ocean water and tasted even worse, really dissapointing since im such a huge fan of the show. Sig's Salmon Burgers from grocery outlet were good tho.

not my favorite from Firestone but good nonetheless

got this for cheap from my work but it was flat (i think when it was dropped the little thing inside exploded or something) so that kinda sucked, will have to try ? it again.

this was good. but after trying a couple of the red ones i think i like those better. just easier to drink. like Nallid said, really good everyday beer.

i never heard of this company so i was really surprised at how good this was. i know they sell one called Hop Czar at one of my stores so ill try that when it goes on sale.

also big shout out to Nallid who got me the growler of Pliny thats sitting cozy in my fridge. ill probably sip a few glasses on thursday cause my next day off isn't til friday.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:48:54 PM by tangar »
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #1295 on: July 14, 2013, 08:09:04 AM »
Dude, I don't want to complain but that glass needs to go. The shape and the bubble formation is driving me nuts.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #1296 on: July 14, 2013, 08:21:13 AM »
I always found it funny how beer connoisseurs drink from those snifters. 

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1297 on: July 14, 2013, 10:08:32 AM »
These ones are the worst... who would drink from these glasses?

noone1234

« Reply #1298 on: July 14, 2013, 10:25:01 AM »
yuppies

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #1299 on: July 14, 2013, 10:36:50 AM »
recent brewery adventures

21st Amendment

Lagunitas

Russian River

some tiny ass brewery called Stumptown Brewery

Bear Republic

Smog City

Beechwood Brewing

Russian River spoils

sorry a zillion pics of me.  what can i say, going to breweries is my thing (skateboarding too)

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1300 on: July 14, 2013, 10:55:44 AM »
yuppies

not to sound like 'one of those guys' but beer is more enjoyable from a glass than from the bottle or can.  when you get into types of glasses that's a more finicky area that beer snobs will argue over.  but there is a difference between drinking something from a glass vs out of the bottle, because aroma is part of taste.  when you put your nose in a glass (even a pint glass) and drink a good beer, it's more enjoyable

if it's a beer that you don't really care what it smells (or tastes) like then it doesn't matter.  if i'm drinking a bud light (which i do sometimes) i don't give a shit about putting it in a glass.  if i'm drinking Sierra Hoptimum it would be a shame not to pour it into a glass.  it's like an insult to the brewers to not enjoy it as it's meant to be appreciated
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

noone1234

« Reply #1301 on: July 14, 2013, 11:04:51 AM »
Expand Quote
yuppies
[close]

not to sound like 'one of those guys' but beer is more enjoyable from a glass than from the bottle or can.  when you get into types of glasses that's a more finicky area that beer snobs will argue over.  but there is a difference between drinking something from a glass vs out of the bottle, because aroma is part of taste.  when you put your nose in a glass (even a pint glass) and drink a good beer, it's more enjoyable

if it's a beer that you don't really care what it smells (or tastes) like then it doesn't matter.  if i'm drinking a bud light (which i do sometimes) i don't give a shit about putting it in a glass.  if i'm drinking Sierra Hoptimum it would be a shame not to pour it into a glass.  it's like an insult to the brewers to not enjoy it as it's meant to be appreciated

agree with everything you said. and you're a dick for not inviting me to the russian river brewery, fuck you.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #1302 on: July 15, 2013, 11:34:21 AM »

This is back. One of my all time favorites.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1303 on: July 15, 2013, 04:27:24 PM »
preach on floop. suck my weiner Tale Crab.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Tale Crab

• Rep: 350
« Reply #1304 on: July 16, 2013, 02:13:34 PM »
I just think the beers would be more enjoyable if you didn't need to lure them out of a fish bowl.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1305 on: July 17, 2013, 08:46:16 PM »
bottled a few days ago

SEAN PABLO

• Rep: -78
« Reply #1306 on: July 17, 2013, 10:08:24 PM »
Spuyten Duyvil

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1307 on: July 17, 2013, 10:46:33 PM »
Just brought this from Vermont (I live in Montreal). To make a long story short, it took me about 3 hrs to get to the boarders (fucking traffic), then, the boarder patrol officer coudn't belive me when I told him I was going to the Alchemist Brewery in hopes of buying a 4 pack of Heady Toppers so I got sent to the boarder lobby where 3 officers questionned me while 2 other dudes searched my whole car. When I finally arrived at the alchemist BP, they we're just out of booze, so I spent $ 120 (25 beers = extra $25 of duty fees at the Canadian boarder) at the Winooski Beverage House instead ...

I'm showing these pictures so that all you West Coast dudes can be grateful of living in the world's craft beer capital because over here in eastern Canada, we have to spend a whole day just to get a hold of some west coast beers ! It was all worth it thought, I've been dreaming of trying these brews for a while, I'm drinking the '10 stone IRS atm and it's fucking amazing! can't wait to drink the speedway and try out the 1000 IBU mikkeller !!!

Sorry for shitty quality pics

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:48:52 PM by Julz »

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1308 on: July 17, 2013, 11:52:26 PM »
Spuyten Duyvil
for a 15 year old you know your brooklyn bars. torst just opened and is better, so is beer table.

noone1234

« Reply #1309 on: July 18, 2013, 12:04:36 AM »
Just brought this from Vermont (I live in Montreal). To make a long story short, it took me about 3 hrs to get to the boarders (fucking traffic), then, the boarder patrol officer coudn't belive me when I told him I was going to the Alchemist Brewery in hopes of buying a 4 pack of Heady Toppers so I got sent to the boarder lobby where 3 officers questionned me while 2 other dudes searched my whole car. When I finally arrived at the alchemist BP, they we're just out of booze, so I spent $ 120 (25 beers = extra $25 of duty fees at the Canadian boarder) at the Winooski Beverage House instead ...

I'm showing these pictures so that all you West Coast dudes can be grateful of living in the world's craft beer capital because over here in eastern Canada, we have to spend a whole day just to get a hold of some west coast beers ! It was all worth it thought, I've been dreaming of trying these brews for a while, I'm drinking the '10 stone IRS atm and it's fucking amazing! can't wait to drink the speedway and try out the 1000 IBU mikkeller !!!

dude, i would be willing to do a trans-america trade. i can send you a shit load of cali beers, almost whatevs you want, in exchange for some cool east coast beers that i've been itching to have. pm if you're interested.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1310 on: July 18, 2013, 12:24:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

dude, i would be willing to do a trans-america trade. i can send you a shit load of cali beers, almost whatevs you want, in exchange for some cool east coast beers that i've been itching to have. pm if you're interested.

I'd definitly be down but I live in Canada ... can we still do this ? Our alcohol laws are pretty fucked... I can get ahold of every major breweries in the area but I can't get anything from the american east coast unless I drive back down there

http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/dieu-du-ciel/364/

http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/le-trou-du-diable/6444/

http://www.ratebeer.com/brewer/10456/sort/2/

http://www.ratebeer.com/brewer/12142/sort/2/

etc...

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #1311 on: July 18, 2013, 01:56:23 AM »
I'm showing these pictures so that all you West Coast dudes can be grateful of living in the world's craft beer capital because over here in eastern Canada, we have to spend a whole day just to get a hold of some west coast beers !

you're the man Julz! enjoy the speedway stout...and everything else you came up on!
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

pancake man

« Reply #1312 on: July 18, 2013, 07:11:21 AM »
Julz, the craft beer scene seems to be on the up and up in Montreal if I remember correctly. Brutopia on Crescent was a great little brewpub

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1313 on: July 18, 2013, 07:46:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i too could try to lend a hand

pancake man

« Reply #1314 on: July 18, 2013, 02:40:13 PM »
YO, I'm driving up to Montreal at the beginning of August. I could easily transport the beer over to Julz. Get this, each person gets to personally bring over 24 twelve ounce bottles of beer, a litre of wine, and 750 mL of liquor. EACH FUCKING PERSON

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1315 on: July 18, 2013, 11:05:31 PM »
YO, I'm driving up to Montreal at the beginning of August. I could easily transport the beer over to Julz. Get this, each person gets to personally bring over 24 twelve ounce bottles of beer, a litre of wine, and 750 mL of liquor. EACH FUCKING PERSON

oh god that would be fuckin' amazing !!! Thank you for the support everybody but I don't think we can trade beers, I'll ask on the local beer geek forum to see if there's anything we can do. I'd love to exchange beers and get some foreign feedbacks on my local products.

Pancake, If you're seriously planning on going to MTL, make sure you stop by Brouhaha pub

noone1234

« Reply #1316 on: July 18, 2013, 11:24:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oh god that would be fuckin' amazing !!! Thank you for the support everybody but I don't think we can trade beers, I'll ask on the local beer geek forum to see if there's anything we can do. I'd love to exchange beers and get some foreign feedbacks on my local products.

Pancake, If you're seriously planning on going to MTL, make sure you stop by Brouhaha pub

i pm'd you this morning julz

LiveFreeAndBurn

« Reply #1317 on: July 18, 2013, 11:30:30 PM »

pancake man

« Reply #1318 on: July 19, 2013, 09:48:38 AM »
Julz, I'll try. I usually stick around the Concordia (Maisonnueve) area with my sister or we'll go up to St. Laurent Blvd

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1319 on: July 20, 2013, 03:44:13 PM »
got these in a trade from someone in Florida

doing an in person trade later today for some Heady Topper. 

this is like black market shit.  i'm going to start having to carry a gun