Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249474 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #1350 on: July 26, 2013, 01:29:21 PM »

Smells like malt liquor, tastes like sweet beer. You smell like an alcoholic after 2 of these

overall 8/10

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1351 on: July 26, 2013, 02:23:41 PM »
wow fuck you tracer but my friend bought some 'scotch ale' for a camping trip not knowing what it was. definately the weirdest beer i've had in recent memory. it tasted like 'light' scotch, if that makes sense. super hard to drink and i love beer and am ok with scotch, it just seemed bizarre as fuck to me.

ya the summer weizen has apricot, which accounted for the sweetness, i meant to mention that.

now that i know about growlers and like craft beer so much, i hate living in the suburbs.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

noone1234

• Rep: -36
« Reply #1352 on: July 26, 2013, 04:11:29 PM »
yeah scotch ales definitely got a weird taste fosho.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 409
« Reply #1353 on: July 26, 2013, 05:05:34 PM »
I really like Scotch ales.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1354 on: July 26, 2013, 07:11:09 PM »
midwest belgian beer festival is tomorrow. I'm getting drunk.

noone1234

« Reply #1355 on: July 26, 2013, 08:19:20 PM »
I really like Scotch ales.

do you like red/amber/blonde ales?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 409
« Reply #1356 on: July 26, 2013, 09:04:59 PM »
I do!

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1357 on: July 26, 2013, 10:21:52 PM »
yoooo scotch ales are the shit! gotta love that peat moss smoked malt mmmmmmm

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1358 on: July 27, 2013, 01:22:10 AM »
sippin some of that Lagunitas Sumpin Sumpin right now, anyone try the Sumpin Wild yet? it's 8.8%. I saw it for the first time tonight at trader joe's but didn't pull the trigger.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1359 on: July 27, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »
I got the new beer camp 12 pack. I've been getting this the past three years or so. Always some solid stuff. Curious why its 3 instead of 4 types of beer this time.

IPA is solid. Belgian black IPA is real good. Imperial red tastes like all the other imperial reds I've had before, though I'm not a fan of the style. Definitely worth trying out.

pancake man

« Reply #1360 on: July 27, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »
probably more cost effective to do three rather than four. More tank space for three beer versus four beers

Cervix Couch

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1361 on: July 27, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »
For a long while it used to be New Castle Brown Ale...it was seriously the best. Then thanks to a recent study that came out (no thanks, but thanks) it contains caramel coloring, which is notorious for being a carcinogen. So that definitely turned me off to NCBA. I even emailed the company and told them to get their shiit together before I ever have another sip.

But it's all good, now time to start experimenting more local/craft breweries in my area and neighboring states Support the lil guy!

noone1234

« Reply #1362 on: July 27, 2013, 07:24:14 PM »
For a long while it used to be New Castle Brown Ale...it was seriously the best. Then thanks to a recent study that came out (no thanks, but thanks) it contains caramel coloring, which is notorious for being a carcinogen. So that definitely turned me off to NCBA. I even emailed the company and told them to get their shiit together before I ever have another sip.

But it's all good, now time to start experimenting more local/craft breweries in my area and neighboring states Support the lil guy!

im drinking newcastle right now. lol at me.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1363 on: July 28, 2013, 08:11:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

im drinking newcastle right now. lol at me.

Edit: Woops, I didn't even mean to post this. What I was going to say is I bet you drink Coke or Pepsi too. Your fucked.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 09:01:40 AM by ChronicBluntSlider »

noone1234

« Reply #1364 on: July 28, 2013, 12:45:21 PM »
I do!

we would not be good friends.

dillanharp

« Reply #1365 on: July 28, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »
Took a week off from beer, celebrating my return to the world with some Drake's Denogginizer. Amazing. They brew their shit next to a Wal-Mart too.

Snoop shining through the glass.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #1366 on: July 28, 2013, 08:20:04 PM »
I got the new beer camp 12 pack. I've been getting this the past three years or so. Always some solid stuff. Curious why its 3 instead of 4 types of beer this time.

IPA is solid. Belgian black IPA is real good. Imperial red tastes like all the other imperial reds I've had before, though I'm not a fan of the style. Definitely worth trying out.

not sure if I mentioned in this thread (definitely the stoked thread) but I wa part of Beer Camp 95, the Imperial Red.  one of the greatest experiences of my life, no exaggeration

I'm jealous still haven't seen it here but I've been busy all weekend and haven't made it to my shops

speaking of busy all weekend, had a pretty debaucherous one (I'm getting too old for this shit).  but did have some great beers.  got to try the Sierra Barrel Aged Maple Stout on tap (awesome). finally tried Kern River Outstanding IPA (wasn't blown away).  had Beachwood Dank Matter on tap (fucking amazing).  had a pint of Humulous Lager at the Bruery (amazing).  had Three Floyd's Apocalypse Cow (really fuckin good).   among other stuff
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

noone1234

« Reply #1367 on: July 28, 2013, 10:02:49 PM »
Took a week off from beer, celebrating my return to the world with some Drake's Denogginizer. Amazing. They brew their shit next to a Wal-Mart too.

Snoop shining through the glass.

denogginizer fucks you up.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1368 on: July 28, 2013, 11:37:22 PM »
Fuck yeah, thats rad Floop. I wish I liked imperial reds more so I could appreciate it more. The last one I had was Lagunita's and it reminds me of that one. They're just a little too much on the malt side for my taste. I should to try to get up there for beer camp some time.

pancake man

« Reply #1369 on: July 29, 2013, 06:07:05 AM »
Floop, I would search out The Bruery's Hottenroth Berliner Weiss mmmmm

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1370 on: July 29, 2013, 08:07:47 AM »
had too many good beers to list on saturday, but a few highlights were toppling goliath's (north-west iowa) pale ale pseudo sue and their IPA's zeelander and golden nugget. going to take it easy for a while, i think.

also bottled the galaxy saison that we fermented with brett lambicus. should be good to go in 2 weeks. really looking forward to it. it tasted really good, even uncarbonated.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1371 on: July 29, 2013, 08:32:00 AM »
Fuck yeah, thats rad Floop. I wish I liked imperial reds more so I could appreciate it more. The last one I had was Lagunita's and it reminds me of that one. They're just a little too much on the malt side for my taste. I should to try to get up there for beer camp some time.

i couldn't recommend it more.  looks like they are going to start video submissions for this years beer camp in a week

couple clips of my submission in here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152110389557516

for you filmmaker-ey types i def recommend it too.  most of the entries (at least that i saw) were pretty bad - people talking to the camera saying why they should go to beer camp.  if you come up with something creative your chances will be much higher
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1372 on: July 29, 2013, 08:33:11 AM »
Floop, I would search out The Bruery's Hottenroth Berliner Weiss mmmmm

i'll check it out next time i'm there.  been heading OC more lately it seems to see fam etc. 

are you a member of any of the beer societies there?  i'm Preservation and debating whether i should bump up to Reserve this year

pancake man

« Reply #1373 on: July 29, 2013, 12:05:41 PM »
Beer societies? Preservation? Reserve? Essplain please

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1374 on: July 29, 2013, 12:15:29 PM »
here's info that explains it pretty well

http://www.thebruerystore.com/t-membership.aspx

they have 3 different membership levels.  Preservation Society (quarterly one I'm a member of), Reserve Society (i think also quarterly but way more beer), Hoarders Society (i think this is invite only.  not sure.  but i know you get invited to limited tastings, get way more beer etc....)

if you're a member of the Preserve Society you get priority options to join the Reserve Society

basically, you pay in advance to get limited release bottles.  not have to wait in line etc..   when the beer is ready you go and pick it up (you can even have it shipped too, if you're in CA).  you also get discounts on other beer.  i'm in the lowest one but i'm thinking of bumping up to Reserve after this quarter.  I don't like all Bruery beers, but they are very sought after so always good to trade for stuff

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
« Reply #1375 on: July 29, 2013, 12:20:33 PM »

Cariboos sponsors a bunch of BC skaters

pancake man

« Reply #1376 on: July 29, 2013, 12:25:08 PM »
here's info that explains it pretty well

http://www.thebruerystore.com/t-membership.aspx

they have 3 different membership levels.  Preservation Society (quarterly one I'm a member of), Reserve Society (i think also quarterly but way more beer), Hoarders Society (i think this is invite only.  not sure.  but i know you get invited to limited tastings, get way more beer etc....)

if you're a member of the Preserve Society you get priority options to join the Reserve Society

basically, you pay in advance to get limited release bottles.  not have to wait in line etc..   when the beer is ready you go and pick it up (you can even have it shipped too, if you're in CA).  you also get discounts on other beer.  i'm in the lowest one but i'm thinking of bumping up to Reserve after this quarter.  I don't like all Bruery beers, but they are very sought after so always good to trade for stuff

Ahhh curses, I'm in Massachusetts. That does sound pretty fucking cool though. Also you brewed the Imp Red Ale? That's boss as fuck man!

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1377 on: July 30, 2013, 08:20:30 PM »
about to have this with some slow cooked chile made from peppers from our garden.  i'm coming around on this beer.  cheers

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1378 on: July 30, 2013, 10:36:22 PM »
Awesome. Go buy it while it lasts. Mostly get the coconut in the nose, and even thats pretty subtle.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #1379 on: July 30, 2013, 11:40:17 PM »
Awesome. Go buy it while it lasts. Mostly get the coconut in the nose, and even thats pretty subtle.

my friend co-brewed this (he is the second "r" in the "r&r"). looks like the stone version is a lot different than their original homebrew version i got to try a bit back.

glad you liked it though!
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth