Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249331 times)

pancake man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #1410 on: August 07, 2013, 04:12:13 PM »

Excited to try the Smuttynose/ Stone Collaboration, also the PBR dry doesn't hurt

Greg Road

« Reply #1411 on: August 07, 2013, 04:40:45 PM »
cider all day

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1412 on: August 07, 2013, 06:24:27 PM »
I've been checking out wine fridges.  I don't like how most of them store bottles sideways, and have glass front doors, but the temp control would be good
you take the shelves out and replace them, usually, so the bottles can stand up straight.

firestone says to age at 55 degrees, but i think that so they can be sure that it will hold up well. just like heat ages quicker, cold slows aging down.

heading over to the mikkeller bar now for a couple. VERY excited for that. the bar in copenhagen is my favorite bar that i've been to.

dillanharp

« Reply #1413 on: August 07, 2013, 10:33:11 PM »
Finals tomorrow, drinking Lagunitas in preparation... Found out a dude I know just got sponsored by them for racing motorcycles, so Tangar, we need to up our noseslide game.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1414 on: August 08, 2013, 12:19:42 PM »
can't we just mooch off your buddy instead? haha
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1415 on: August 08, 2013, 03:55:30 PM »
I try to always have a few of the following in the fridge at all times...

Bell's Two Hearted Ale
Half Acre Daisy Cutter
Cigar City Jai Alai
New Belgium Ranger (or Rampant)

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #1416 on: August 08, 2013, 06:26:10 PM »
My girl is bringing me beer from New Glarus on Sunday. This could also go in the stoked on thread.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1417 on: August 08, 2013, 08:08:02 PM »
Currently having one of these:

It's pretty good.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

LiveFreeAndBurn

« Reply #1418 on: August 08, 2013, 11:01:39 PM »

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1419 on: August 09, 2013, 04:07:01 AM »
Currently having one of these:

It's pretty good.

I'm not normally that into pilsners and I really really liked this.

pancake man

« Reply #1420 on: August 09, 2013, 05:58:13 AM »

Pick up a bottle of their Blaecorn Unidragon, it's a great representation of a Russian Imp

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #1421 on: August 13, 2013, 09:12:00 PM »
i truly love this beer.  

sorry for out of focus pic
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 09:13:41 PM by floop »
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #1422 on: August 13, 2013, 09:30:53 PM »
yo beer guys what are the bes tpumpkin beers. i like that shit but im always lost when i try to pick one and am often bummed out by my choice. or do beer guys not fuck with that shit?

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1423 on: August 13, 2013, 10:16:20 PM »
this is my favorite.  the only really great one i've had.  this years batch was just released in fact

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

garbage plate

« Reply #1424 on: August 13, 2013, 10:36:01 PM »
yo beer guys what are the bes tpumpkin beers. i like that shit but im always lost when i try to pick one and am often bummed out by my choice. or do beer guys not fuck with that shit?

pancake man

« Reply #1425 on: August 14, 2013, 06:51:02 AM »
even though super gimmicky, don't forget to add that little cinnamon/ sugar to the rim. Personally I like M?rzen lagers when it comes to Autumn/ Oktoberfest beers

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1426 on: August 14, 2013, 11:46:53 PM »

Interesting IPA. A little like Cali-Belgique and other Belgian/American IPAs but definitely has something unique to the taste. It's made with what they call a "new experimental German hop" and pilsner malts. Not as good as the coconut IPA, but pretty damn solid. And Realitycontrol, props to your buddy. I ended up buying like 4 of those. Really dug that stuff.

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1427 on: August 15, 2013, 01:26:22 AM »

My beer shop had this the other day. I was stoked as they rarely have anything Sierra Nevada except torpedo. This was really strong tasting, delicious and had a lingering aftertaste.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1428 on: August 15, 2013, 01:34:20 AM »
^ tried the Hoptimum on tap today at this awesome liquor store with Nallid, it was hellllla good, thanks again duuuude. also tried Evil Twin Red Ale by Heritic Brewing, also pretty good.

brought these two home and tried em for the first time:

super good, smelled crazy fruity.

tasted as fruity as Ruination smelled, super good, reminded me of Sculpin in how sweet it was but had almost like a tart after taste, would buy again.

my buddy brought these over and they were also very good, would buy too.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

pancake man

« Reply #1429 on: August 15, 2013, 05:17:04 AM »
Indica huh? Interesting name

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
« Reply #1430 on: August 15, 2013, 05:59:23 AM »
My girl is bringing me beer from New Glarus on Sunday. This could also go in the stoked on thread.

sahweet
hardly art, hardly starving

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1431 on: August 16, 2013, 12:03:42 AM »
Indica huh? Interesting name
brewed in Humboldt County brah! I tried a few new brews today but im too tired to post the pics. ill post em in the next few days.

LiveFreeAndBurn

« Reply #1432 on: August 19, 2013, 04:02:15 PM »

From last night.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1433 on: August 19, 2013, 09:38:30 PM »
^ whatchu think?

had many beers over the weekend.  too many to keep track.  highlight?   i had this year's batch of Firestone Double DBA.  amazing. 

i had a bottle of the first batch recently and either it doesn't age well it they didn't age well in my "cellar" because it was no where near as good a beer.  the new one reminded me of how awesome that beer is, and what i loved about it when i first had it.  recommend

sometimes i think this aging thing is for the birds.  better to have a beer fresh, then maybe try to age and extra one for kicks?

LiveFreeAndBurn

« Reply #1434 on: August 19, 2013, 10:42:21 PM »
^ whatchu think?

It's the second pumpkin ale I've tried but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Very easy drinking for a 9% abv.

pancake man

« Reply #1435 on: August 20, 2013, 03:13:32 PM »
^ whatchu think?

had many beers over the weekend.  too many to keep track.  highlight?   i had this year's batch of Firestone Double DBA.  amazing. 

i had a bottle of the first batch recently and either it doesn't age well it they didn't age well in my "cellar" because it was no where near as good a beer.  the new one reminded me of how awesome that beer is, and what i loved about it when i first had it.  recommend

sometimes i think this aging thing is for the birds.  better to have a beer fresh, then maybe try to age and extra one for kicks?

I've discussed this with a friend and we came to a similar conclusion. Certain beers are definitely meant to be aged such as Gueze (Tilquin has a cellaring life of like 15 years or something wild) or Russian Imps, but other than that drink that shit fresh

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1436 on: August 20, 2013, 05:04:31 PM »
^ whatchu think?

Way too high of a percentage of aged beers I've had have tasted like vinegar to convince me to invest time and money into it. Maybe I just have a lame pallet.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #1437 on: August 20, 2013, 05:41:58 PM »

Just tried this and I loved it. It's reasonably priced and apparently New Zealand hops are something special so if you like IPA's, i'd definitely recommend it.

Irvine-Sucks.com

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1438 on: August 20, 2013, 09:27:32 PM »

Just tried this and I loved it. It's reasonably priced and apparently New Zealand hops are something special so if you like IPA's, i'd definitely recommend it.

looks like you're in my neck of the woods

Golden Road has admittedly improved since they got a new brewmaster.  i like the new recipe for wolf among weeds.  hope they keep stepping it up

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1439 on: August 21, 2013, 09:44:45 PM »
friend from Chicago brought be a bunch of great Chicago shit. mostly Three Floyds.  this is a fine IPA