Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249465 times)

pancake man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #1440 on: August 22, 2013, 07:01:17 AM »
Did he bring Zombie Dust as well? I thought it was delicious, but seriously walking the line of an IPA it was so hoppy

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #1441 on: August 22, 2013, 10:01:24 AM »
yeah, brought me some fresh zombie dust too.  i've been lucky to have him bring me tons of their stuff when he comes out (also Pipeworks, Revolution, Half Acre)

it's true ZD is really almost an IPA.  i think it's 7 percent right?  either way, excellent beer
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

pancake man

« Reply #1442 on: August 22, 2013, 11:10:31 AM »
Yeah it's right around there. Looking at the bottle I saved after consuming, I must say the label art is fucking awesome

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1443 on: August 22, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
the green flash citra session ipa is amazing if you can find it on draft anywhere. so much flavor and only 4.5%

had SO much good beer lately. loads of cantillon and mikkeller last week. can't wait to get back west again.

don't know if i ever put this in here, but i have a beer blog that's pretty much pictures and some text about beers i had. boring, but here it is:
http://sparklingmountaingoat.blogspot.com/

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1444 on: August 22, 2013, 11:47:10 AM »
the green flash citra session ipa is amazing if you can find it on draft anywhere. so much flavor and only 4.5%

had SO much good beer lately. loads of cantillon and mikkeller last week. can't wait to get back west again.

don't know if i ever put this in here, but i have a beer blog that's pretty much pictures and some text about beers i had. boring, but here it is:
http://sparklingmountaingoat.blogspot.com/

nice dude.  i see you finally did your Bigfoot vertical.  jelly

i should bite your shit and start a blog like that but i'm too lazy. 

and pancake man, agree about zomb dust lable.  all the Three Floyds art is awesome
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1445 on: August 22, 2013, 11:56:38 AM »
yeah man, now THAT's a beer worth cellaring. non barrel-aged imperial stouts and barleywines seem do the best with a couple of years on them. those are the only things i'm keeping, along with sours/wilds nowadays.

pancake man

« Reply #1446 on: August 22, 2013, 02:42:08 PM »
Yo max power, I'm telling you right now. Oskar Blue's Old Chub cellar that shit for like 6- 12 mos. fucking bomb titties. Also congrats you just made the bookmark bar on my browser

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #1447 on: August 22, 2013, 06:41:41 PM »
friend from Chicago brought be a bunch of great Chicago shit. mostly Three Floyds.  this is a fine IPA

I really want this from those guys: http://beeradvocate.com/community/threads/three-floyds-x-high-on-fire-razor-hoof-saison.110197/

Mostly to stay metal.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1448 on: August 22, 2013, 08:47:57 PM »
Yo max power, I'm telling you right now. Oskar Blue's Old Chub cellar that shit for like 6- 12 mos. fucking bomb titties. Also congrats you just made the bookmark bar on my browser
ha, thanks. alas, i can't get oskar blues currently. that will change soon.

My girl is bringing me beer from New Glarus on Sunday. This could also go in the stoked on thread.
what did she get you? i just had some of their berliner weisse and wild sour. both pretty damn good. still have a bottle of strawberry rhubarb to open.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #1449 on: August 24, 2013, 07:01:41 PM »
Spotted Cow, Raspberry Tart, Stone Soup and Staghorn Octoberfest.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1450 on: August 24, 2013, 08:10:48 PM »
nice. their fruit beers are awesome.

this is so great. it's a 4.5% beer made with adjunct grains (corn and rice) and saison yeast. i could drink it by the case.

wildbillhiccup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
  • JACKASS
« Reply #1451 on: August 25, 2013, 07:20:14 AM »
all about any beer victory brewing co. makes, especially golden monkey and summer love.

also has anyone tryed st archer, is it good if so

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1452 on: August 25, 2013, 04:48:31 PM »
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 04:50:59 PM by floop »

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1453 on: August 26, 2013, 12:54:13 AM »

How did you like that? I had one that might have been last years version and couldn't really get down with it; having said that though I've never had a barleywine style that I've really liked so my opinion on them may as well be void.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1454 on: August 26, 2013, 01:33:53 AM »

finally got to try something from the Bruery, I loved it, want to try the Tart of Darkness next.

my buddy was sitting on this one he got in texas earlier this year, its a pecan wood smoked saison if you can't read the label. it tasted sour and I loved it.

only drank half of this cause I had to drive home after the previous two beers but it was good, it was the first thing ive tried other than Fat Tire from New Belgium.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #1455 on: August 26, 2013, 01:46:57 AM »
Dang, there's a ton of pages so I don't know if this has been posted, but I discovered this a while ago.(It's called Underdog Atlantic Lager in case the picture doesn't show up for some reason haha)

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1456 on: August 26, 2013, 05:39:13 AM »
Had the habanero Sculpin yesterday. It was a trip. The front of the taste was just like Sculpin then like 3 seconds later your mouth burns like you ate a fuckin pepper. Cool novelty but that's about it.

pancake man

« Reply #1457 on: August 26, 2013, 06:38:57 PM »

How'd it age, I have two sitting in my basement right now

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1458 on: August 26, 2013, 07:49:36 PM »
very nice.  a little bit of age on it takes away some of the bite you get from fresh Bigfoot.  i personally like Bigfoot fresh but this was good.  i could drink Bigfoot of all ages any day of the week.  would love to do a vertical like Max

in other news (this should go in stoked thread) Firestone Walker is opening a tap room / restaurant in LA 

http://blogs.laweekly.com/squidink/2013/08/david_walker_firestone_walker.php

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #1459 on: August 26, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »
in other news (this should go in stoked thread) Firestone Walker is opening a tap room / restaurant in LA 

damn! i heard rumors of this a while back, but didn't know it was actually going down. wish i was still living on the westside!
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #1460 on: August 27, 2013, 01:16:40 AM »
Dang, there's a ton of pages so I don't know if this has been posted, but I discovered this a while ago.(It's called Underdog Atlantic Lager in case the picture doesn't show up for some reason haha)

Flying Dog is the shit.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1461 on: August 27, 2013, 12:02:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

damn! i heard rumors of this a while back, but didn't know it was actually going down. wish i was still living on the westside!

yeah, i live on the east side but make my way out there enough.  this will make for a perfect post venice skatepark spot.  it'll be nice to be able to get limited release stuff here in LA too, without having to drive to Barrelworks

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #1462 on: August 27, 2013, 03:14:43 PM »
The wife and I are heading on a week long trip up the Coast of California and was wondering if anyone knows some good brewery stops along the way. We live in San Diego and will he heading up to SF as our highest stop. Cheers in advance!

Irvine-Sucks.com

pancake man

« Reply #1463 on: August 29, 2013, 08:48:23 AM »
Wrote up my first all grain recipe last night so stoked:

4.5% abv
O.G. 1.044
F.G. 1.01
IBU 35-40

10 lbs of pale malt (maris otter)

3 types of hops (which ever I can get my hands on):

Cascade
Citra
Willamette
Centennial
Simcoe

60 min: .5 oz hop addition
30 min: 1 oz hop addition
0 min: 1-2 oz hop addition

Mash in 12 qts at 166 degrees
Mash stand at 154 +/- degrees

Also www.beertrading.org I'm lookin at you floop

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1464 on: August 29, 2013, 09:41:17 AM »
ha, i'm always up for a trade for something good.  i've been kind of on a trade hiatus lately.  went crazy and traded a bunch of shit on beeradvocate but the shipping prices were killing me

good luck with your brew.   i have still never brewed.  have not free time, but have nothing but respect for people who do it

different beer topic - does anyone else get burnt out on the bomber format?   not just price wise..   i'm at a point where i have all these amazing beers in the fridge but most of them are 10% or more.   i can handle a 10 percent bomber myself, but i'm slightly less likely on weekdays to break something out that's approaching 15 percent, to have for myself.  i wish more breweries offered smaller bottle formats.  i get why they do it (mostly to make more money) but it would be nice.  Great Divide Yeti is now available in 12oz 4 packs.  wish more imperial stouts would follow suit. 

maybe i just need to take the tampon out? 

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1465 on: August 29, 2013, 10:11:21 AM »
nah, i feel you. i have 3 bombers in the fridge above 12%. i've been cutting down lately, so i need to wait until i have someone to share with.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #1466 on: August 29, 2013, 07:24:02 PM »
Been lurking this thread a bit, but what's a bomber? Like 750ml/25oz? I don't like going too much into double figure ABV, tbh. So as to contribute right now having a 6-point Sweet Action, pretty good but not my ideal type, looking to try some of their IPA's etc. while out here.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1467 on: August 29, 2013, 09:13:32 PM »
Latest VT beer haul ...

.... and here's about an hour ago, brought a 4 pack of HT to the circe du soleil show !

pancake man

« Reply #1468 on: August 30, 2013, 07:31:39 AM »
Damn Julz, that's a fucking haul. Where did you get the Bruery beer?

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #1469 on: August 30, 2013, 07:52:57 AM »
Damn Julz, that's a fucking haul. Where did you get the Bruery beer?

At Winooski's beverage house.