Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249473 times)

floop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #1920 on: March 01, 2014, 07:37:51 PM »
been wanting to try some Santa Fe for a while.  coolest labels. you from there?

used to date a girl who's family was from there.  been out a few times.  all about Ten Thousand Waves and Cafe Pasqual's

christmas baby
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Andrew

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1921 on: March 01, 2014, 10:36:49 PM »
Santa Fe's awesome, but it's no Albuquerque  :D Nah, I just lived in ABQ for a couple years; great little big city. Didn't spend too much time in Santa Fe but Pasqual's is great food. Tons of great food in ABQ, too. Las Cruces isn't bad either but it falls a bit short of the other two. ABQ's great for skating, too; so many ditches and a handful of very decent parks for such a small area.

Speaking of ABQ and badass labels, La Cumbre Elevated IPA is making a name for itself, especially since distro started in Denver. IMO it's really similar to Sucks and Happy Camper, but it probably is the best (again IMO of course). A fruitier and just stronger aroma/nose, but drinks a little pinier and more vegetal which I really like.

Wish Beerjobber was still running, Elevated shipped straight from the brewery.. ah  :P
ieatemochilds

Andrew

« Reply #1922 on: March 06, 2014, 04:49:32 PM »

More Citra forward than I remember, though these could just be very fresh cans. And I'm not complaining  :P I get piney, green/vegetal pineapple

This one tasted extremely fresh too, smelled like a Noble hopped IPA as soon as I cracked it. Toffee with a strong grape-y flavor I get from some fresh barleywines. IIRC it's from the pale malt?

12x Bells Third Coast Old Ale (Not to be confused with Third Coast Beer, APA)
8x 4 Hands Reprise Centennial Red (Single hop)
And another 6 of Happy Camper.

Didn't think I'd see any of the spring Third Coast release, now I'm trying to figure out how much I can afford to pick up :D Cheers
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 04:58:15 PM by Andrew »
ieatemochilds

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1923 on: March 06, 2014, 10:30:14 PM »
lemme know if you want to trade anything for some happy camper

best beer of 2014 so far

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1924 on: March 08, 2014, 02:46:02 AM »

Marin Brewing IPA, very good.

really good

drank all three bottles of this i have, still have a growler full.

decent, got it on sale at my work for $6.99 a sixer.

loved it, very similar to Lagunitas Daytime. Cant wait to try the Stone Go To IPA.

good, not that sour.

Super good

Hated it, sorry Matt.

good, very sour.

one of the best.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #1925 on: March 08, 2014, 05:07:03 AM »

ordered a case of this for the true detective finale
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1926 on: March 08, 2014, 09:10:59 PM »

Hated it, sorry Matt.

yea that was an awful beer, first one i've poured down the sink in a very long time.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1927 on: March 08, 2014, 09:26:03 PM »
Expand Quote

Hated it, sorry Matt.
[close]

yea that was an awful beer, first one i've poured down the sink in a very long time.
Damn, me too dude, me too.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #1928 on: March 08, 2014, 09:27:23 PM »
Really? I liked it. I had it on tap though, so maybe there is a difference.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #1929 on: March 08, 2014, 11:15:32 PM »
I just moved to Bend, OR this week and drank some of this tonight. 10 Barrel is one of my favorite breweries up here and this is definitely in my top 3 IPA's. Stoked to be living in such a huge beer town!

Irvine-Sucks.com

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1930 on: March 09, 2014, 08:09:16 AM »
driving cross country at the moment. tight schedule, but managed to hit some spots. tallgrass being in manhattan ks. love their 8 bit pale ale and oasis dry hopped ESB. csame in late  denver, but just made it to crooked stave. It was great. pics from both forthcoming.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #1931 on: March 09, 2014, 08:35:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Hated it, sorry Matt.
[close]

[close]
Damn, me too dude, me too.

Mine tasted like sour burnt ass hairs. It was awful and I was really looking forward to it. Immediately dumped it out.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1932 on: March 10, 2014, 11:10:41 PM »

Prairie x Omnipollo Potlatch
Didn't realize it was a collabo, never heard of Omnipollo. But this thing is delicious!

dillanharp

« Reply #1933 on: March 11, 2014, 01:12:25 AM »
Damn fool, you went to OG house without me?!   :'( let's go to that new place next to ike's this week. I'll hit you up tomorrow.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1934 on: March 11, 2014, 06:13:29 PM »
Picked up a few bottles of dogfishhead 120 minute today. Such a good beer. Do any of you guys happen to know if stones bourbon barrel aged old guardian is sold at the stone brewery only? Or if it will be distributed to stores nation wide?

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1935 on: March 11, 2014, 10:46:56 PM »
picked up some stuff during my cross country drive.

dillanharp

« Reply #1936 on: March 12, 2014, 12:01:52 AM »
those black new mexico cans look native and menacing... nothing better than an ipa in a can though.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #1937 on: March 12, 2014, 12:26:34 AM »
Picked up a few bottles of dogfishhead 120 minute today. Such a good beer. Do any of you guys happen to know if stones bourbon barrel aged old guardian is sold at the stone brewery only? Or if it will be distributed to stores nation wide?

it's been bottled in the past, i haven't seen it in stores around here in a long time though (i'm in the greater LA area). but yes, it has been available outside of official stone stores in the past, although i think distribution is limited.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1938 on: March 12, 2014, 06:08:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it's been bottled in the past, i haven't seen it in stores around here in a long time though (i'm in the greater LA area). but yes, it has been available outside of official stone stores in the past, although i think distribution is limited.

Pretty sure I've seen it here in Mass. Anyone else kind of getting sick of this whole Bourbon Barrel Aged deal?

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1939 on: March 12, 2014, 07:39:35 AM »
those black new mexico cans look native and menacing... nothing better than an ipa in a can though.
it's a real nice black ipa, too.

pancake man, i've been heading that route for a while. much prefer wine  or other spirit barreled beers, unless it's really interesting like almanacs bourbon sour porter.

pancake man

« Reply #1940 on: March 12, 2014, 09:21:55 AM »
A Gin barrel aged Radler would be absolutely delightful. That being said I do have two bottles of BCBS and a bottle of Jack's Abby BA Framinghammer haha

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1941 on: March 12, 2014, 09:39:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Pretty sure I've seen it here in Mass. Anyone else kind of getting sick of this whole Bourbon Barrel Aged deal?

Yeah there's way too many beers that are bourbon barrel aged and they are not good. I had some 2010 bourbon barrel aged old guardian however and it was amazing.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1942 on: March 12, 2014, 02:18:47 PM »

are you talking about the new one, Guardian's Slumber?  pretty sure that's just brewery / Stone store for right now but i'm guessing it will be distributed

been meaning to pick one up at the Pasadena location

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1943 on: March 12, 2014, 02:19:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah there's way too many beers that are bourbon barrel aged and they are not good. I had some 2010 bourbon barrel aged old guardian however and it was amazing.

not all of them are good, but man, the good ones are really fucking good. 

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1944 on: March 12, 2014, 02:41:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

are you talking about the new one, Guardian's Slumber?  pretty sure that's just brewery / Stone store for right now but i'm guessing it will be distributed

been meaning to pick one up at the Pasadena location

Yeah that's the one. Damn I really hope they distribute it.

pancake man

« Reply #1945 on: March 12, 2014, 03:00:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

not all of them are good, but man, the good ones are really fucking good. 

Touch?, FW DDBA was amazing, and I love  Jack's Abby BA Framinghammer. Honestly I'm just gonna swing on JA's dick for awhile, they're killing it in my opinion.

Andrew

« Reply #1946 on: March 12, 2014, 03:58:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure Floops right about only being available at company stores, unfortunately. I asked about it on their Facebook and they never got back to me. Speaking of Stone, that new session IPA is pretty good, but I like Levitation more. Really wish that one was more available and a little cheaper.

Maybe I've been spoiled by having a local BBA stout available year-round, and Dragon's Milk for pretty cheap, ($14/4) but I don't feel the need to try a lot of BBA beers. I'm kind of picky about them. My (BBA) favorites are barleywines and ryewines, then scotch ales, then flavored stouts. Big fan of rye barrels (and the whiskey inside) too, just more flavorful. I agree that plenty are "eh" but the good ones are goooood.

@Floop
Sure I'll let you know when we get in more Happy Camper. As for what I'd want to trade, I'm not much of a ticker.. can you get Golden Road brewing easily? Their Wolf Among Weeds was great, but I think they just released a mixed 4-pack of (canned  ;D) IPAs, too.

I've only

Picked up a local IIPA (4 Hands War Hammer) that was released this past Saturday. Had to pick up some every day stuff too, Bells Amber and Old Coast are on the right. Didn't snag a pic of the bomber, but I will when it's poured in a few hours.

Cheers
ieatemochilds

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1947 on: March 12, 2014, 07:11:25 PM »
A Gin barrel aged Radler would be absolutely delightful. That being said I do have two bottles of BCBS and a bottle of Jack's Abby BA Framinghammer haha
off color brewing out of chicago did one for a festival not long ago. wish i got to try it. his beers are really good and get decent distribution. the dude used to run the goose island barrel program before starting his own shit. plus, he's pretty cool.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1203
« Reply #1948 on: March 12, 2014, 07:48:53 PM »
both New Belgium Snapshot and Spring Blonde are very very sessionable
hardly art, hardly starving

pancake man

« Reply #1949 on: March 12, 2014, 09:13:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
off color brewing out of chicago did one for a festival not long ago. wish i got to try it. his beers are really good and get decent distribution. the dude used to run the goose island barrel program before starting his own shit. plus, he's pretty cool.

You have my attention