Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249454 times)

max power

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #2040 on: April 11, 2014, 07:10:50 AM »
I've had tequila barrel aged beer before. it wasn't 'slick'. probably some weird infection if the article is taking about homebrew.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2041 on: April 11, 2014, 09:17:52 AM »
That may be it. I'm now intrigued to try some tequila aged beers

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2042 on: April 11, 2014, 10:05:07 AM »
i've only had one other one, and it was a few years ago.  El Hefe, by Golden Road.  it was interesting but i'm not crazy about hefs.  This one sounds good.  I'll let you guys know.  most likely be breakin out this weekend, if not tonight
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

dillanharp

« Reply #2043 on: April 11, 2014, 10:11:41 AM »
I probably wouldn't pick anything up with agave just because it would remind me of Tequiza.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2044 on: April 11, 2014, 10:14:38 AM »
i think we are in good hands with Lost Abbey though
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2045 on: April 11, 2014, 10:32:07 AM »

After sesh brew and sandwich last night. This was my last one that was bottled 2 days before my bday.

Broke down and drank this too, it's been sitting for a while and I was supposed to trade it for some Bourbon County but I'd rather give my cousin something fresher and I don't know when I'm gonna see her.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2046 on: April 11, 2014, 10:39:14 AM »

After sesh brew and sandwich last night. This was my last one that was bottled 2 days before my bday.

nicely done.  that's a meal for champions

pizzarules

• Rep: -24
« Reply #2047 on: April 11, 2014, 09:50:56 PM »
the new anchor steam ipa is pretty crucial. i also have a lagunitas cappuchino stout 22oz that i havent had in a while so im looking forward to pounding the shit out of it when i get off work tomorrow night to start me weekend off right.

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2048 on: April 12, 2014, 07:01:51 PM »
Just got the SN 4-Way IPA pack:

One of their reps was at my job the other day so I got some sweet stuff for free: SN polo shirt, Ruthless Rye IPA glass, bottle opener, carabiner with built in bottle opener, pen, and SN lip balm made with cascade hops and mint.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

pancake man

« Reply #2049 on: April 13, 2014, 06:18:39 AM »
That four way 12 pack is pretty kick ass. I'll probably be getting a lot more Torpedo, that was a hell of an IPA

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2050 on: April 13, 2014, 06:31:17 AM »
Yeah but the other ones aren't available in six packs (at least to my knowledge). The Nooner is pretty good, nothing amazing though. Maybe I need to have another to get a better opinion but I gave the other two away. All Day IPA is still the benchmark session for me. Snow Wit I only had a few sips of, which I enjoyed. I'll have to have one tonight maybe. Blindfold is a winner, albeit the first black IPA I've had so I have nothing to compare it to. It's got strong caramel notes but still retains that SN crispiness in the hops flavor. Not thick though, which is nice. It's like a bourbon barrel stout and an IPA had a lovechild.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

pancake man

« Reply #2051 on: April 13, 2014, 07:35:41 AM »
Yeah Blindfold was a close second followed by the white IPA and Nooner was just lack luster. Good, but nothing to write home about. I'm hoping my beer that I brewed is close to All Day, but more floral/ citrus with all the fucking Galaxy I used

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #2052 on: April 14, 2014, 07:51:36 AM »
Yeah but the other ones aren't available in six packs (at least to my knowledge). The Nooner is pretty good, nothing amazing though. Maybe I need to have another to get a better opinion but I gave the other two away. All Day IPA is still the benchmark session for me. Snow Wit I only had a few sips of, which I enjoyed. I'll have to have one tonight maybe. Blindfold is a winner, albeit the first black IPA I've had so I have nothing to compare it to. It's got strong caramel notes but still retains that SN crispiness in the hops flavor. Not thick though, which is nice. It's like a bourbon barrel stout and an IPA had a lovechild.

Try 21st Amendment's Black IPA - Back in Black. It's a good one.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #2053 on: April 14, 2014, 02:26:14 PM »

I had some of this last night, and holy fuck was it good.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2054 on: April 14, 2014, 09:37:16 PM »
follow up

the Agave Maria was interesting.  i think you have to like tequila to enjoy it (which i do) otherwise it might come as a shock.  I'm talking like aged tequila (anjeo).  definitely get the tequila barrel.  think i still prefer bourbon or whiskey barrels so far for barrel aging, but was interesting to try

in sad news, this happened

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #2055 on: April 14, 2014, 11:00:10 PM »
Gravity is bullshit!

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

pancake man

« Reply #2056 on: April 15, 2014, 08:16:09 AM »
I hope you dropped to your knees and started sucking away at the floor

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2057 on: April 15, 2014, 09:47:29 AM »
i sat there in horror, watching the Parabola ooze out of the box onto my garage floor.  it was like a murder scene.   the beer was thicker and darker than the oil puddles

i actually did get on my knees and smell the aroma.  amazing.  there were small shards of glass mixed in. 

Andrew

• Rep: -10
« Reply #2058 on: April 16, 2014, 04:11:50 PM »

On a whim I decided to look for Enjoy By 4/20 via Stone's Beer Finder (My regular stores sold out of it very quickly), called a few to hear "Sorry, all gone", but one place still had some. Got there and was excited to find a "Shelf Turd" I didn't think I'd see again until November  :) Both were $6.99, too; as cheap as I'll ever see them.

(On the right is "Repent Rye", a very decent local rye-wine I found for about 2/3rd the price I usually see it)

Hop Devil is new to me (Distro just started last month), and I'm a big fan of English IPA's, so I'm excited. Haven't had the DFH in a while, either. Cheers

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 04:15:22 PM by Andrew »
ieatemochilds

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #2059 on: April 16, 2014, 04:28:38 PM »
Randomly picked one of these from the store last weekend, what a pleasant surprise. I'll definitely try and make this one a somewhat regular fancy import beer if it's regularily available.

LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

pancake man

« Reply #2060 on: April 16, 2014, 04:34:50 PM »

On a whim I decided to look for Enjoy By 4/20 via Stone's Beer Finder (My regular stores sold out of it very quickly), called a few to hear "Sorry, all gone", but one place still had some. Got there and was excited to find a "Shelf Turd" I didn't think I'd see again until November  :) Both were $6.99, too; as cheap as I'll ever see them.

(On the right is "Repent Rye", a very decent local rye-wine I found for about 2/3rd the price I usually see it)

Hop Devil is new to me (Distro just started last month), and I'm a big fan of English IPA's, so I'm excited. Haven't had the DFH in a while, either. Cheers

Hop Devil is anything but an English IPA. That beer right there is a hop bomb. If you want an english style IPA/ in New England, look at Berkshire Brewing Company's Lost Sailor IPA

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #2061 on: April 16, 2014, 04:43:23 PM »
every few months ill buy a beer from flying dog because the label looks cool, and every time it tastes like chemicals and/or bile

Andrew

• Rep: -10
« Reply #2062 on: April 16, 2014, 05:44:37 PM »
@pancake
That is a bit of a disappointment, it's hard for me to find good English IPA's; Tallgrass' Oasis "Imperial ESB" is my favorite I've had. It was bottled 3/10 (Aug 10 best by) so if it's supposed to be a hop bomb, it should be. I'll find out soon enough  ;) And not to say I don't enjoy American IPA's

I'm in/around St. Louis too by the way.

ieatemochilds

pancake man

« Reply #2063 on: April 16, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »
PM your address, I can easily send you a few bottles

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #2064 on: April 16, 2014, 09:59:39 PM »

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 52
« Reply #2065 on: April 17, 2014, 06:00:16 AM »
Recognise

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2066 on: April 18, 2014, 10:38:44 PM »

Eh, I wouldn't even know it was supposed to be Belgian style if the bottle didn't say so.

Flavor wasn't bad but it tasted kinda flat. Was hoping for more from a localish brew.

Super good. Loved the flavor, could really taste the Belgian yeast. Would buy again.

Pitcher of Sculpin, GO SHARKS! Thanks Nallid!

This was good, and not bad for somewhere around 4 bucks at bevmo.

Had a Dales Pale, a Sneak Attack and a Heineken earlier, now enjoying this. Cheers to having two Saturdays off in a row! #HELLARARE
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 198
« Reply #2067 on: April 18, 2014, 10:50:54 PM »

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #2068 on: April 19, 2014, 09:28:56 PM »
Any of you guys ever order beer online? Got any sites you'd recommend? NYC is severely lacking in some of my old staples. Most of the beer stores out here I find to be lacking or insanely overpriced. Does New Belgium exist out here?

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #2069 on: April 21, 2014, 01:06:25 PM »
Welllp, I'm headed over to The Rare Barrel to do some R & D. Hit me up if you are in the East Bay and want to grab a sour beer...