Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249456 times)

sexualhelon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #2250 on: September 26, 2014, 10:57:45 AM »
Not butthurt, just also trying to help a guy out. Seemed like you guys read over that and I didn't know the reasoning for him not wanting to go there - they sell it in growlers and for the cheapest I've found here in the city.

You can also get it at Proletariat in East Village.

Just a tip ;)

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #2251 on: September 26, 2014, 11:35:17 AM »
Not butthurt, just also trying to help a guy out. Seemed like you guys read over that and I didn't know the reasoning for him not wanting to go there - they sell it in growlers and for the cheapest I've found here in the city.

You can also get it at Proletariat in East Village.

Just a tip ;)

Thanks for the tips bud. Hopefully I can get my hands on it. Also just so you guys know Union Square has no bottle limit on Bells Mars. Bought 3 six pks.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #2252 on: September 26, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i live off of Blazing World
[close]
would if I could, that shit is delicious.
[close]

they'll probably start shipping up north sooner or later i imagine.  they're doing really well from what i understand.  starting to get accounts with Trader Joe's in the San Diego area

They had a launch party at Beer Rev like 3 months ago its available up here....

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2253 on: September 26, 2014, 12:35:50 PM »

Come see me in a year, bluhhh.

PumpkinEsc0bar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • cleaner than a broke dick dog
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2254 on: September 26, 2014, 08:00:34 PM »
Any NY pals know what's good in the Poughkipsee area? I'm potentially moving out that way within the year, and want to know what's good for breweries

I live just over the river in Orange County.

Poughkeepsie has a place, haven't been there yet though http://www.millhousebrewing.com/ also just outside the city there is a great make your own 6pack type place with hundreds/thousands of beers, that place is called Half Time

Beacon (a town maybe 15 mins from PK, right on the river) has a new craft beer place, as well as a few great bars.

then just over the bridge on my side of the river there is  http://www.newburghbrewing.com/ also in Newburgh is a great burger/craft beer place called The Wherehouse http://www.thewherehouserestaurant.com/

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2255 on: September 26, 2014, 09:11:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Any NY pals know what's good in the Poughkipsee area? I'm potentially moving out that way within the year, and want to know what's good for breweries
[close]

I live just over the river in Orange County.

Poughkeepsie has a place, haven't been there yet though http://www.millhousebrewing.com/ also just outside the city there is a great make your own 6pack type place with hundreds/thousands of beers, that place is called Half Time

Beacon (a town maybe 15 mins from PK, right on the river) has a new craft beer place, as well as a few great bars.

then just over the bridge on my side of the river there is  http://www.newburghbrewing.com/ also in Newburgh is a great burger/craft beer place called The Wherehouse http://www.thewherehouserestaurant.com/

Awesome, I've been to the Wherehouse with my cousin, but I will definitely make an effort to check out Newburgh Brewery and Half-Time

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #2256 on: September 26, 2014, 10:10:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i live off of Blazing World
[close]
would if I could, that shit is delicious.
[close]

they'll probably start shipping up north sooner or later i imagine.  they're doing really well from what i understand.  starting to get accounts with Trader Joe's in the San Diego area
[close]

They had a launch party at Beer Rev like 3 months ago its available up here....
haven't seen it since that same week when they had it on tap at mikkeller.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2257 on: September 26, 2014, 11:16:07 PM »
got back from a Ballast Point event at my local beer store.  grapefruit sculpin and rye whiskey barrel aged victory at sea were highlights

think i'm sleeping in tomorrow
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2258 on: September 27, 2014, 04:58:40 AM »
got back from a Ballast Point event at my local beer store.  grapefruit sculpin and rye whiskey barrel aged victory at sea were highlights

think i'm sleeping in tomorrow

Nice. Rye whiskey barrel Victory At Sea sounds delicious. Wish Ballast Point came more often around here. When we get a shipment it's good, but then we go months without. Pretty pumped that they put Victory at Sea in 6 pks. I'm hoping with the next shipment we get some.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2259 on: September 27, 2014, 10:00:47 AM »
Haha, anything in particular you disliked? I'm not a big fan of Dorado, and I thought it tasted a little more golden than brown, but overall it was enjoyable for me. �
it just lacked depth. the malt bill could have been better and i don't usually mind the flavor of dorado, but here it wasn't great. bummed me out. the last couple anniversary beers have been whatever. the last stone beer i had that i really enjoyed was the draft only collaboration with j. wakefield from florida. it was a tropical berliner weisse with fruit and habanero. seriously amazing.

almanac is all over up here. love their sours, but wasn't a fan of the ipa they just did.

lately i've been all bout alpine's beers. nelson and duet are my favorite ipa's right now.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2260 on: September 27, 2014, 05:13:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Haha, anything in particular you disliked? I'm not a big fan of Dorado, and I thought it tasted a little more golden than brown, but overall it was enjoyable for me. �
[close]
it just lacked depth. the malt bill could have been better and i don't usually mind the flavor of dorado, but here it wasn't great. bummed me out. the last couple anniversary beers have been whatever. the last stone beer i had that i really enjoyed was the draft only collaboration with j. wakefield from florida. it was a tropical berliner weisse with fruit and habanero. seriously amazing.

almanac is all over up here. love their sours, but wasn't a fan of the ipa they just did.

lately i've been all bout alpine's beers. nelson and duet are my favorite ipa's right now.

i too was disappointed in the stone anni dorado one.  did not care for

stoked Alpine is brewing on a larger scale.  it's on tap often now around town.  still hard to get nelson or duet bottles but it happens. 

just had Galaxy Showers the other day (Noble Aleworks) and it blew me away.  their single hop ipa series is awesome.  it's a great learning lesson too, finding hops you like and don't like.  Galaxy is now in my top.  the beer is so complex, even though it's a single hop beer.  if anyone is near the OC you should check out the brewery.  they're doing great stuff
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2261 on: September 29, 2014, 01:32:12 PM »
My case of Westbrook Gose arrived on Saturday.  Dude threw in a can of Gandhi Bot as an extra. Can I be real and say I wasn't that impressed by it?  Definitely a good beer, but not worth the hysteria surrounding it.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2262 on: October 01, 2014, 09:08:07 PM »
joined the rare barrel's 'ambassadors of sour' yesterday for next year. expensive, but i like their beer. a lot.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2263 on: October 02, 2014, 10:46:10 AM »
joined the rare barrel's 'ambassadors of sour' yesterday for next year. expensive, but i like their beer. a lot.

Still on the fence, I think I'm going to take the plunge (into delicious sour beer).

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2264 on: October 02, 2014, 10:49:36 AM »
I'm debating joining a brand new Hanger 24 membership club that goes on sale Saturday.  I'm already a member of Bruery Reserve Society though and am afraid of becoming even more inundated with huge barrel aged stouts.   Except, they're so good

Introducing the Hangar 24 Barrel Roll Membership Club, a chance to reserve a bottle of every single Barrel Roll release in the next 12 months, and receive a bottle of a club-exclusive, single-barrel release every quarter.
Club Memberships will go on sale October 4th at the Falling Leaf & Gourdgeous Release Celebration in our Tasting Room. 400 memberships will be sold, and once they're gone, they're gone.
A $300 one-time payment will be due when you sign up. You'll get at least that much in beer over the year that follows.
You will receive a box of beers every quarter for four quarters. These beers must be picked up from the brewery by you, or by a designated representative. We are not able to ship them. The first pickup will be ready on Pugachev's Cobra release day in December of this year.
Each quarter's box will include a combination of Barrel Roll releases, special Barrel Roll variants, limited release sour beers, and whatever else we can dream up to push the limits of brewing and barrel aging. Every box will contain at least one bottle that is 100% exclusive to our club members.

Now let's talk about the beers! Here's what your first box will look like:

1 750ml bottle of 2014 Pugachev's Cobra, our Russian Imperial Stout brewed with maple syrup and aged for 8 months in bourbon barrels.
1 750ml bottle of the brand new 2014 Pugachev's Cobra 25, a special batch of Pugachev's Cobra aged for 14 months in 25 year Heaven Hill barrels.
1 330ml bottle of our ultra limited 2014 Pugachev Royale, a select few barrels of Pugachev's Cobra with additions of cocoa nibs and vanilla beans which see an additional 12 months of aging in brandy barrels on top of the standard 8 months in bourbon barrels.
1 330ml bottle of club-exclusive 2014 Pugachev Black Maple, a single barrel of Pugachev's Cobra that spent 6 months resting in a 25 year Heaven Hill barrel, then 8 months in a bourbon barrel that we soaked in maple syrup for 3 months prior to filling with the beer. Yeah, we did that, and it's a one-of-a-kind treat reserved only for our club members.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2265 on: October 02, 2014, 11:11:01 AM »
I fuck with Hangar 24!! We have a rad event planned out this month with them, we will have the Anniversary Saison and the Barrel Roll #8 Falling Leaf on tap as well as 3/4 others. We just kicked a keg of the Polycot, too. Great beer.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2266 on: October 02, 2014, 11:14:46 AM »
you work at a bar?  where at?

Hanger makes some great shit.  i think they get ignored because they are in the middle of nowhere.  not sure.  the barrel roll series is amazing.  really want to try some of those Pugachev variants, they sound incredible

i go out to the desert a lot and always make a stop there.  good IPAs too

pancake man

« Reply #2267 on: October 02, 2014, 06:06:38 PM »
I'd say do it, why the fuck not? Merry Christmas to yourself

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2268 on: October 02, 2014, 06:21:42 PM »
Two bottles of Double DBA arrived at my house today.  Currently drinking one right now.  The fact that they're no longer bottling this is fucking criminal.  I don't care what anyone says, this is my favorite barrel-aged FW beer. 

Are they really replacing it with Helldorado bottles?  because that might just be my only consolation.

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #2269 on: October 02, 2014, 06:22:36 PM »
fuckin' a

pancake man

« Reply #2270 on: October 04, 2014, 06:10:08 AM »
Two bottles of Double DBA arrived at my house today.  Currently drinking one right now.  The fact that they're no longer bottling this is fucking criminal.  I don't care what anyone says, this is my favorite barrel-aged FW beer. 

Are they really replacing it with Helldorado bottles?  because that might just be my only consolation.

Hold the fucking phone, they're not bottling Double DBA anymore!? FUCK. THAT.

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2271 on: October 04, 2014, 06:26:31 AM »
I heard this is the last year of SN Flipside.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2272 on: October 04, 2014, 07:56:45 AM »

Im not a big fan of Flipside, but it flies off the shelves here in NJ. Sierra has some cool shit coming out this year. Also Stones Drink After 10.31.15 is $16?? They expect me to pay that much for a beer I cant drink for a year? Fuck that.

Not Rob Wooton

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2273 on: October 04, 2014, 09:27:30 PM »
O'Doul's baby, O'Doul's.

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2274 on: October 05, 2014, 07:42:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Im not a big fan of Flipside, but it flies off the shelves here in NJ. Sierra has some cool shit coming out this year. Also Stones Drink After 10.31.15 is $16?? They expect me to pay that much for a beer I cant drink for a year? Fuck that.
Yeah I work at a liquor store in Jersey and heard a rep say they were discontinuing it.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2275 on: October 05, 2014, 09:24:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah I work at a liquor store in Jersey and heard a rep say they were discontinuing it.

Good. I'm a huge SN fan. Not flipside tho.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2276 on: October 05, 2014, 12:24:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What liquor store in Jersey? I bartend on weekends in Matawan.

Harsh_euro_barge

« Reply #2277 on: October 05, 2014, 12:41:39 PM »

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #2278 on: October 05, 2014, 12:47:10 PM »
Crabbies with a slice of lime is one of my favorites at the moment

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 409
« Reply #2279 on: October 05, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »
fuckin' a

Easily Southern Tier's best beer.