Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 249370 times)

The Nose Face

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #2580 on: February 11, 2015, 07:23:45 AM »
Expand Quote
In the never ending lawsuits against craftbrewers world... red bull files complaint against Virginia's Old Ox Brewery, cause apparently the consumers might confuse the brands because �An �ox� and a �bull� both fall within the same class of �bovine� animals and are virtually indistinguishable to most consumers.

[close]

Read about this. Red Bull and Lagunitas( they recently tried to sue Sierra) can suck a dick. Also any NJ pals im going to be bartending at a new up and coming gastropub called the Gaslight. Amazing food and beers. Im pretty sure im getting Alpine( yes Alpine!) in a week or two.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2015/01/05/369445171/craft-brewers-are-running-out-of-names-and-into-legal-spats

Here is the article that goes into detail on this - lawyers will get rich off of this stupid shit

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2581 on: February 11, 2015, 10:59:24 AM »
they did, but alpine had been brewing at green flash for a long time before they got bought. hasn't hurt the quality, though. nelson is as amazing as it's ever been.

yeah, since it means more Nelson going around in kegs i'm happy with it.   i like Alpine quite a bit, but at this stage i don't understand why people from LA drive all the way down there for IPAs when we have so much good shit going here
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

pancake man

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2582 on: February 11, 2015, 11:36:50 AM »
I haven't had it, but I'm not surprised that you'll see a few kegs making it out east since they are now owned by Greenflash

Mr. Lono

• Rep: 22
  • Fl NC CO
« Reply #2583 on: February 19, 2015, 10:23:59 PM »
First off, respect to sir pancake. Bubblegum is to shoes as you are to beer for this slap shit. If you had to recommend a malt heavy beer what would you go with?
Charlie don't skate

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2584 on: February 20, 2015, 12:58:32 AM »

pretty much had a career drinking day on Valentines day thanks to mattofallmatts, Berryessa Brewing is killing it right now. the only ones i didnt try were the Auburn ones and of course the few that i had already tried. Had some Barrel Aged Hangar 24 weighing in at 18% that i could only describe as Chocolaty Chocolateness, and a brandy barrel aged Sasquatch. Albany Taproom is super sick and connected to a restaurant that had great food (lamb burger killed it), i highly recommend it to Bay Area pals. and i wanna thank mattofallmatts for being a great host/server, and i can vouch for his computer being stolen cause i asked him about the vid and he told me haha, sorry about your comp bro! we will continue to try and be patient. you tha man! 
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

pancake man

« Reply #2585 on: February 21, 2015, 09:01:41 AM »
First off, respect to sir pancake. Bubblegum is to shoes as you are to beer for this slap shit. If you had to recommend a malt heavy beer what would you go with?

Malt heavy in what sense? Like high ABV or just a really nice malty beer? If you wanna go high ABV go with an english style barleywine (I can't think of one right now that isn't barrel aged/ stupid hard to get ahold of) or if you want just a nice malt forward beer go with Andechser vollbier hell or if you can still find it, Sierra Nevada's Vienna style lager.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #2586 on: February 23, 2015, 03:15:29 PM »
Just booked my trip out to California for my cousins wedding in July. Super excited because its also around my birthday. Staying in Cambria for the first 2 days and then the next 5 in San Francisco. Already have the breweries I want to go to mapped out.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2587 on: February 24, 2015, 08:44:03 AM »
where ya gonna go? 

I did a Nor Cal beer trip a few years back.  there are a few new ones and some i missed. 

I'm assuming you're going to go to RR.  i really want to check out Sante Adairius Rustic Ales
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

pancake man

« Reply #2588 on: February 24, 2015, 10:49:26 AM »
Anyone in the Hudson Valley area tried Newburgh Brewing? I sent in a resume without trying their stuff, as I may be moving out that way within the next six months, so I was hoping to get some insight? Beeradvocate.com really only helps so much

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #2589 on: February 24, 2015, 12:21:27 PM »
i really want to check out Sante Adairius Rustic Ales
the best.

fieldwork bring just opened in Berkeley, too. haven't been to check it out yet, though. maybe this weekend.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2590 on: February 24, 2015, 12:45:05 PM »
Anyone in the Hudson Valley area tried Newburgh Brewing? I sent in a resume without trying their stuff, as I may be moving out that way within the next six months, so I was hoping to get some insight? Beeradvocate.com really only helps so much

I'll give them a try next time I'm around there...Keegan Ales Brewery is about 45 mins north from there too.

pancake man

« Reply #2591 on: February 24, 2015, 03:55:21 PM »
Nose Face, that sounds awesome. Thank you

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #2592 on: February 24, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »
Expand Quote
i really want to check out Sante Adairius Rustic Ales
[close]
the best.

fieldwork bring just opened in Berkeley, too. haven't been to check it out yet, though. maybe this weekend.

Those my dudes at Fieldwork. Good shit.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2593 on: February 24, 2015, 08:04:24 PM »
I am trying this pumpkin beer Weyerbacher and i am not feeling it. I don't really like flavored beer but i have a full case cause my sister had this beer for her wedding so i just grabbed one. Good thing i still have one Yuengling left!

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:10:56 PM by tobey »

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2594 on: February 24, 2015, 11:54:58 PM »

Sorry if that pic is huge, posting from my phone. This shit is fire! Drakes Hopocolypse Double on deck.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #2595 on: February 25, 2015, 12:47:01 AM »

Sorry if that pic is huge, posting from my phone. This shit is fire! Drakes Hopocolypse Double on deck.

holy shit i thought this was will easleys new album cover
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2596 on: February 25, 2015, 07:48:56 AM »
I am trying this pumpkin beer Weyerbacher and i am not feeling it. I don't really like flavored beer but i have a full case cause my sister had this beer for her wedding so i just grabbed one. Good thing i still have one Yuengling left!

Try the other shit from them - anything from Weyerbacher is really good.

Blithering Idiot, Merry Monks , Old Heathen...

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2597 on: February 25, 2015, 08:26:19 PM »
popped my Younger cherry finally.  was stress free.  walked in.  no line.  got one. 

was expecting to be disappointed but it's a fucking great beer

other beer news:  Modern Times Booming Rollers is awesome. 

Mr. Lono

• Fl NC CO
« Reply #2598 on: February 25, 2015, 08:42:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Malt heavy in what sense? Like high ABV or just a really nice malty beer? If you wanna go high ABV go with an english style barleywine (I can't think of one right now that isn't barrel aged/ stupid hard to get ahold of) or if you want just a nice malt forward beer go with Andechser vollbier hell or if you can still find it, Sierra Nevada's Vienna style lager.

Thanks, not really into the barleywines. They are definitely interesting but i guess i meant "malt forward". I will keep my eye out for that Andechser. Gracias
Charlie don't skate

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2599 on: February 25, 2015, 08:51:32 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=37201.msg2295239#msg2295239 date=1424879336
Expand Quote

[close]

Yea ill try again if i find a six back of them, i like just started to treat myself when it comes to beer. Like i would usually just get a six pack of rolling rock pounders but now that i don't drink as much i would like to treat myself to something that actually tastes good. Like i have magic hat, yards brawler, firestone (which has been my favorite), and Jawn. Don't get me wrong i haven't tasted a beer that i didn't mind drinking but some i like drinking more than others but my go to cheap six pack has been yuengling. When i have an extra couple of bucks i just try a IPA that i haven't had before, thats why i like this thread gives me more suggestions

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2600 on: February 25, 2015, 08:58:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks, not really into the barleywines. They are definitely interesting but i guess i meant "malt forward". I will keep my eye out for that Andechser. Gracias

malt forward could mean a lot of things.  all beers have malts.  most beers have a lot of malt (even IPAs).   any beer that doesn't emphasize hops could be described as malt forward.  stouts, barley wines, old ales, scotch ales.    should just check out what beers are considered good in their particular styles, and see if you like them. 

one that popped out when i thought about his is North Coast Old Stock.  that's an old ale style, which is the first thing i think of when i think "malty"..  along with english barleywines.   

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #2601 on: February 25, 2015, 09:12:50 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=37201.msg2295239#msg2295239 date=1424879336
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yea ill try again if i find a six back of them, i like just started to treat myself when it comes to beer. Like i would usually just get a six pack of rolling rock pounders but now that i don't drink as much i would like to treat myself to something that actually tastes good. Like i have magic hat, yards brawler, firestone (which has been my favorite), and Jawn. Don't get me wrong i haven't tasted a beer that i didn't mind drinking but some i like drinking more than others but my go to cheap six pack has been yuengling. When i have an extra couple of bucks i just try a IPA that i haven't had before, thats why i like this thread gives me more suggestions

treating yourself on a budget? get coors
original coors
the best cheap(ish) beer man has ever made
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

Mr. Lono

• Fl NC CO
« Reply #2602 on: February 25, 2015, 09:13:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

malt forward could mean a lot of things.� all beers have malts.� most beers have a lot of malt (even IPAs).� �any beer that doesn't emphasize hops could be described as malt forward.� stouts, barley wines, old ales, scotch ales.� � should just check out what beers are considered good in their particular styles, and see if you like them.�

one that popped out when i thought about his is North Coast Old Stock.� that's an old ale style, which is the first thing i think of when i think "malty"..� along with english barleywines.� �

appreciated, Scottish ales are my shit

*North Coast Old Stock, Andechser.

On another note, I've been trying to find Weihenstephaner Korbinian. Anyone have some insight on it?
Charlie don't skate

pancake man

« Reply #2603 on: February 25, 2015, 09:22:45 PM »
I haven't have the korbinian, but finding a decent dopplebock shouldn't be too difficult. Another beer to try from Weihenstephaner is their hefeweizen, which is considered the bench mark in terms of wheat beers

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2604 on: February 25, 2015, 09:40:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

original coors

Just brew your own

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2605 on: February 25, 2015, 09:53:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

original coors
[close]

Just brew your own

I don't think i have the ability to make good beer or just beer for that fact, but im good on yuengling. That is the best cheap beer 

Mr. Lono

• Fl NC CO
« Reply #2606 on: February 25, 2015, 09:56:42 PM »
I haven't have the korbinian, but finding a decent dopplebock shouldn't be too difficult. Another beer to try from Weihenstephaner is their hefeweizen, which is considered the bench mark in terms of wheat beers

Fuck yeah. The Hef is the pinnacle
Charlie don't skate

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #2607 on: February 27, 2015, 09:37:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

original coors
[close]

Just brew your own
[close]

I don't think i have the ability to make good beer or just beer for that fact, but im good on yuengling. That is the best cheap beer  
It isn't that hard to brew your own beer.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2608 on: February 27, 2015, 10:10:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

original coors
[close]

Just brew your own
[close]

[close]

Easy as baking cup cakes. And unlike cupcakes even if they come out looking shitty they still get you drunk. And you think coors is cheap, woooooooo, brew a 5g batch of beer. You will be stoked. Plus all your tinder dates will Ohh and Ahhh at you Tobey.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2609 on: February 27, 2015, 10:20:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

original coors
[close]

Just brew your own
[close]

[close]
[close]

Easy as baking cup cakes. And unlike cupcakes even if they come out looking shitty they still get you drunk. And you think coors is cheap, woooooooo, brew a 5g batch of beer. You will be stoked. Plus all your tinder dates will Ohh and Ahhh at you Tobey.

hahaha that would be good ice breaker but lately all the girls i have been getting matched up with don't drink. Also the girl i have been hanging out with only drinks like hard cider. My friend brews his own beer so maybe ill just ask him what to do or to get