Author Topic: how much is herb going for in your area?  (Read 2501 times)

east is in the house

how much is herb going for in your area?
« on: September 10, 2009, 09:06:52 AM »
and do you think the recession has anything to do with weed prices? here, mids have gone from the traditional $25/8th to $20. $15 1/8ths of brick weed have also become popular, which I thank the recession for since brick weed was non-existant 16 months ago.

high grade stuff has dropped from $60/8th to $45-50. bulk prices haven't changed; still $100/28 grams of mids, but now the walmart priced brick weed is here (probably to stay) for $75-85 per ounce.

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: how much is herb going for in your area?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 09:34:07 AM »
high grade stuff has dropped from $60/8th to $45-50.

how in the fuck are you paying 60 dollars for 1/8 ($17/gram)

bulk prices haven't changed; still $100/28 grams of mids

when you are getting "mids" for $3.57/gram. you are either an idiot or the weed is really bad. if you are calling it "mids" i would expect it to be one of three possibilities:

-top-strain outdoor, trimmed well
-really good indoor grown in soil
-hydros/aeroponic that isnt trimmed very well or is not the best strain/low thc %

anyway, weed is hard to find right now where i live, southern ontario, canada. there was some decent stuff for 220/ounce for a bit. i would call that single A or "mids". it wasnt trimmed super well but it had a great smell and good thc %. definitly a larger setup some sort of gangbanger biker shit, fairly mass produced. it didnt have that real nice spongy feel to it where when you squeeze the nugs the buds fall apart. it was kind of harsh, it would break into dust basically if you squeeze it which i dont like; its always harsh on your throat. the best is when its very malleable and when you roll a doobie it forms to the paper. that is AAA.

china bud / brick weed/ commercial - i dont even bother with that shit. i remember a time when it was going for like 1600/ pound when i was selling, but that is basically unheard of now. shit goes for like 2200 nowadays, completely ridiculous. i think people are paying up to 160/oz for that shit.

AAA bud is hard to come by these days but it goes for 280/oz and shit like that cause everyone is low level. i used to get the shit from 2800/pound to 3200 a pound depending on quality, but now youd be lucky to get a poudn for 3400$.

its because there have been massive grow op busts that is why price is higher. i dont blame them. the shit should cost more than it does they dont realize what kind of hoops people are jumping through to get this shit on the streets. i really want them to legalize. i would seriously open a greenhouse immediatly and quit my job after the first couple harvests, even though you'd be paying out the ass in taxes, i know i could make an impact on the game if i had the right opportunity. plus i have killer sales skills now hahahaha.

east is in the house

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 10:30:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

when you are getting "mids" for $3.57/gram. you are either an idiot or the weed is really bad. if you are calling it "mids" i would expect it to be one of three possibilities:

-hydros/aeroponic that isnt trimmed very well or is not the best strain/low thc %

anyway, weed is hard to find right now where i live, southern ontario, canada. there was some decent stuff for 220/ounce for a bit. i would call that single A or "mids". it wasnt trimmed super well but it had a great smell and good thc %. definitly a larger setup some sort of gangbanger biker shit, fairly mass produced. it didnt have that real nice spongy feel to it where when you squeeze the nugs the buds fall apart. it was kind of harsh, it would break into dust basically if you squeeze it which i dont like; its always harsh on your throat. the best is when its very malleable and when you roll a doobie it forms to the paper. that is AAA.

china bud / brick weed/ commercial - i dont even bother with that shit. i remember a time when it was going for like 1600/ pound when i was selling, but that is basically unheard of now. shit goes for like 2200 nowadays, completely ridiculous. i think people are paying up to 160/oz for that shit.
AAA bud is hard to come by these days but it goes for 280/oz and shit like that cause everyone is low level. i used to get the shit from 2800/pound to 3200 a pound depending on quality, but now youd be lucky to get a poudn for 3400$.

its because there have been massive grow op busts that is why price is higher. i dont blame them. the shit should cost more than it does they dont realize what kind of hoops people are jumping through to get this shit on the streets. i really want them to legalize. i would seriously open a greenhouse immediatly and quit my job after the first couple harvests, even though you'd be paying out the ass in taxes, i know i could make an impact on the game if i had the right opportunity. plus i have killer sales skills now hahahaha.

back at you, I don't know what fools would ever pay $1600 for an lb of brick weed. even 1/2 the price of that is a bad price.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 10:30:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

phd in thc with a minor in bongology

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 10:37:20 AM »
weed economics, lol
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 10:45:16 AM »
Rawbert, next time you come to tha big city, plz bring me 7 pounds of the driest dirt weed you can find.  I have plans to lie on a mattress stuffed with weed, light it on fire, and go out like an old woman on cloud nine.  Just anotha bed smokin deth.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 11:01:57 AM »
plus i have killer sales skills now hahahaha.

cutco??
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

danker

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 11:18:42 AM »
In the yukon its $50 a 8th for normal bud

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 340
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 12:56:34 PM »
I live in california so its really just a matter of going to a collective and picking what you like. 8ths from $10-$80+ depending on how close to dirt you want to smoke or how much of the clinic's dick you wanna take for the best smoke.

I say fuck prices, grow your own! It may not be the best, but its your own creation.
china bud / brick weed/ commercial - i dont even bother with that shit. i remember a time when it was going for like 1600/ pound when i was selling, but that is basically unheard of now. shit goes for like 2200 nowadays, completely ridiculous.

stress p's here are usually $150 flat, you truely got fucked man, like fucked really hard with a 1600 dollar dick.

We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 01:20:46 PM »
im from southern california the weed is insane here.
regs $50/eigth 100/quad 150/half o
dank $60/eigth 120/quad 160 and higher half o
1200 to 1400 qps
pretty pricey but the best

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
  • Free Max B
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 01:30:49 PM »
nicks and dimes of diesel all day out here.
FREE MAX B

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 04:16:44 PM »

stress p's here are usually $150 flat, you truely got fucked man, like fucked really hard with a 1600 dollar dick.

what the fuck are you talking about? a pound of weed for a hundred and fifty dollars?! a POUND?! 16 ounces? what is going on down there?
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 07:54:59 PM »
This pothead I knew in high school used to tell me that pot should be legalized because cannabis oil was rubbed on jesus' chest in order to ressurect him. A lot of people in this thread remind me of that jackass.

sven thorkel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 08:15:57 PM »
dude, man bro, zombie weed jesus is a largely embraced conspiracy with a lot of evidence to support it
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"

Quote from: PonyFAP
I don't know where you get your facts. The first generation of My Little Ponies were made by Hasbro, not the Khmer Rouge. And Hasbro hasn't made toys out of human skulls since the 1960's.

Tom Penny says: My 'ed systems!

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »
people are trying to bust heads around here.  the dirt weed (schwag) has always been the same as far as prices go.  the good shit has actually gone up since i first started smoking.  i rarely ever smoke anymore, but the best shit in town was 25 dollars a fucking gram when i got some for the first time in six months like a week ago.  yeah i know this sounds ridiculous and no i'm not getting ripped off because for my town (pensacola, florida) everyone has to pay this price for the good shit.  my brother gets slightly worse stuff from talahassee for cheaper.  it's just taxed here because of our location.  because i rarely smoke i go all out and get the best shit i can find when i do, no schwag, mids, or beasters.  straight funk is all i'll fuck with. 

good weed used to be cheaper here, big time.  don't know what caused the influx but seems like it's here to stay.  guessed people realized they could charge more so they did. 

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2221
  • computer says no
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 10:15:36 PM »
I heard an ounce of brick used to cost $60, but in the last three months $80's been the going rate. I mean, word on the street and all that.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 10:39:03 PM »
ounce of the finest herbs - 380
:) I must have been tripping last night

gutterhead.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 01:53:04 AM »
cali weed is the best weed. price aint a thangg

get some

• Rep: 47
  • fromthewombtothetombpresumetheunpredictable
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 02:45:23 AM »
cali weed is the best weed. price aint a thangg

truf. Sacto has 30 or somethin cannabis clubs downtown I think I saw in the SNR pot issue and now we got a weed college now. California's set to legalize in 2010, believe that.
say they ain't no gravity up there....mean we could get high and never come down....

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 06:36:44 AM »
so do all of you guys still think that location X has better weed than any place else? the finest of the dojsha can be grown anywhere, it all about the skill of the growers, not location. cali's got a boatload of amazing growers, but that same green could be grown in, say, milwaukee...
:) I must have been tripping last night

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 06:54:15 AM »
$60 an 1/8 for the good shit these days, $375-$400 an O. Sucks paying full price from scrubs I used to put on lol.

crailtapper

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 07:02:02 AM »
$5- blunt of swag
$10 for an eighth
$20-25 for a quarter
$35-50 for a half
$60-100 for the full ounce

$20-35 for a gram of dank
$60-80 for an eighth
$100-$150 for a quarter
anywhere from $350-600 an ounce.

i'm about to nurture a green thumb.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 11:00:54 AM »
Expand Quote
plus i have killer sales skills now hahahaha.
[close]

cutco??

nope i am full time at fastenal now homey, salary, benefits, commission, all that good shit. thats why i havent been on as much lately i actualyl have shit to do all day.

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 11:07:15 AM »
2 for $5 purple tops

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 11:20:53 AM »
I live in california so its really just a matter of going to a collective and picking what you like. 8ths from $10-$80+ depending on how close to dirt you want to smoke or how much of the clinic's dick you wanna take for the best smoke.

I say fuck prices, grow your own! It may not be the best, but its your own creation.
Expand Quote
china bud / brick weed/ commercial - i dont even bother with that shit. i remember a time when it was going for like 1600/ pound when i was selling, but that is basically unheard of now. shit goes for like 2200 nowadays, completely ridiculous.
[close]

i can tell you are full of shit. otherwise you are talking about weed that contains less than 1% thc because it has been drained to make oil or hash. we dont fuck with that in ontario we have higher standards than that.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 11:21:50 AM »
You take this shit way too serious. Grow the fuck up and start slinging d's of h or quit acting hard on the internet.

no one knows what the fuck you are talking about

marty.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 11:34:00 AM »
paid 65 for an eighth of sour diesel a couple days ago

i can get a quarter of some pretty decent mids for about the same price, but since my college dropped me from some classes for no fucking reason, right  now i've got a bit of money saved up for textbooks i no longer need to buy, so i dont mind paying more for better stuff
8)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 11:40:44 AM »
so do all of you guys still think that location X has better weed than any place else? the finest of the dojsha can be grown anywhere, it all about the skill of the growers, not location. cali's got a boatload of amazing growers, but that same green could be grown in, say, milwaukee...
Strain counts too. Northern california grows so much weed. They have more strains than about anywhere else that they don't let leave small groups of friends and there are huge growing communities where people spread knowledge on growing and and people grow it on huge plots of land.
Now, here is why nor cal has good weed, and the rest of y'all ain't got shit for the most part: All the best buds, the colas, the plants that do the best and get the most crystals and shit, that shit won't travel any further from humboldt than SF or Sac, and most likely will just be kept amongst the growers and their immediate friends. Shit that is better than 99% of weed, but not totally on that top level, that shit gets around nor cal, and maybe into some so cal clubs.
If the weed came out kind of shitty, it doesn't stay around northern california. That shit gets shipped to so cal and out to the east coast and shit, where people will actually pay the prices you guys are talking about.
If the weed came out totally shitty and almost unsmokable, they unload that shit to the midwest. I'm from there, and I love the midwest, but this is the sad fact. You can buy an ounce of what is shitty by california standards for like $100, and sell it in $60 eighths in the midwest, so the bullshit always ends up in the same place, because you can't make a profit on it there. Selling good weed to the midwest would be a waste, because you would get almost the same prices as the other shit.

Good shit can come from other places, but based on sheer volume alone, you can get a lot more good shit in Nor Cal than elsewhere. Some people grow good on the east or whatever, but its rare, and they rape you for an eighth pricewise.

As far as the topic- In northern california I was paying $100 for a half ounce of amazing weed. Down south you can get a quarter for about that much. It all depends on who you buy from. I would buy from my friends who were homeless skaters that would go up north and trim, and sell off whatever they would come up on down in SF/Oak, and would just skate and be bums the rest of the time.

As far as stress weed/mids/shwag/whatever, I don't smoke that shit. If that's all I could afford, I'd probably cut down on the weed smoking.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 11:45:48 AM »
where i live is comparable to california as far as availability of the best shit - only we dont talk like gnarly surfer bros out here. also the 100$ half ounces of amazing shit, we pay that too - except canadian money is not worth as much as american money, so we are actually getting a better deal than you. but that is only because i have a connection. most people probably pay a lot more than i do.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 12:17:08 PM »
where i live is comparable to california as far as availability of the best shit - only we dont talk like gnarly surfer bros out here. also the 100$ half ounces of amazing shit, we pay that too - except canadian money is not worth as much as american money, so we are actually getting a better deal than you. but that is only because i have a connection. most people probably pay a lot more than i do.
That's funny, you said you are paying $1600 a pound for shitty weed around there just a few posts ago. As far as making fun of how people talk/write- I'll be the kettle if you'll be the pot.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out