Author Topic: Encounters with Pro Skaters  (Read 147623 times)

kevbo999

Re: Encounters with Pro Skaters
« Reply #390 on: February 13, 2011, 09:04:17 AM »
Even since losing the dirt mop?

Nick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #391 on: February 13, 2011, 09:15:39 AM »
I'm not sure... last time I saw him was 2 or 3 years ago. Something tells me the stank might have been the dreads.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #392 on: March 15, 2011, 10:59:17 AM »
not an encounter but a sighting:  Ed Templeton (and wife) at Pitfire Pizza in downtown LA.  i was with people who had no clue who he was, as often happens
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

cmar

• Rep: -5
« Reply #393 on: March 15, 2011, 11:21:51 AM »
I met Karl Watson on an internet forum

ontheswarm

« Reply #394 on: March 15, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
I met Karl Watson on an internet forum

Matty T

• Rep: 54
  • You don't stand a chance.
« Reply #395 on: March 15, 2011, 03:10:53 PM »
Raymond Molinar, Danny Garcia, and Daryl Angel have all hooked up with my ex-gf or her twin sister.  Now one of them is the father of their kid.

I dont know how to be feel about it.

But DGar is the shit.
Would you ever let a chick piss on you? I would do it in a fuckin' heartbeat.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #396 on: March 15, 2011, 03:12:34 PM »
Nicest: ? Ray Barbee, Ben Gilley, Salman Agah, Dan Rogers, BA, Hensley

Complete dicks: ? Mike V (tv days), koston, Pat Smith, Steve Berra (at 18),

Most rippingest rippers I've ever seen in person: ? Wade Speyer, Alan Peterson, Busenitz,

Star struck: ? Heath, Hensley

First Demo- John Gibson, I was young, I didn't meet him.

really? besides being a bit of a goof, he was super nice when i met him

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #397 on: March 15, 2011, 03:17:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Nicest: ? Ray Barbee, Ben Gilley, Salman Agah, Dan Rogers, BA, Hensley

Complete dicks: ? Mike V (tv days), koston, Pat Smith, Steve Berra (at 18),

Most rippingest rippers I've ever seen in person: ? Wade Speyer, Alan Peterson, Busenitz,

Star struck: ? Heath, Hensley

First Demo- John Gibson, I was young, I didn't meet him.

[close]

really? besides being a bit of a goof, he was super nice when i met him

Good, I don't figure he's like that full time.  Demos can drain you, I didn't take it personally.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #398 on: March 15, 2011, 04:50:42 PM »
Kerry Getz was super sick. he rippped and was making fun of the skatepark. it was cool

im probably lying

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #399 on: March 15, 2011, 07:21:57 PM »
i met tony alva when i was really young, i was like omg and he was like get the fuck out of my pool. so i was bummed, then i met brad hayes, fool was tight. now i kick it with fernandez. you could here me yelling for him to kick rohans ass in that video. so me and g mos are tight also, along with the gonz. on any given night i could be chillin with mark, chad or on a good night, the muska. i saw that cat brian emmers working at big 5 along with oscar jordan. i dont see how anyone who has done a nosegrind to five o grind could not have made it for realz. also i seen shawn white at target. you know, doing promotion shit. tony hawk for days, hella celebrity. and then i watched that seth rogan paparazzi footage.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #400 on: March 15, 2011, 07:26:03 PM »
i met tony alva when i was really young, i was like omg and he was like get the fuck out of my pool. so i was bummed, then i met brad hayes, fool was tight. now i kick it with fernandez. you could here me yelling for him to kick rohans ass in that video. so me and g mos are tight also, along with the gonz. on any given night i could be chillin with mark, chad or on a good night, the muska. i saw that cat brian emmers working at big 5 along with oscar jordan. i dont see how anyone who has done a nosegrind to five o grind could not have made it for realz. also i seen shawn white at target. you know, doing promotion shit. tony hawk for days, hella celebrity. and then i watched that seth rogan paparazzi footage.

this kid became the best poster overnight.

« Reply #401 on: March 15, 2011, 07:48:02 PM »
Antwuan was nice as fuck. alot shorter than i thought.  he did a really crappy tattoo on my arm. 

that spence hamilton dude was hella cool. no big head or nothing.

MikeyPioggia

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #402 on: March 15, 2011, 07:55:17 PM »
smoked a joint with biebel after a matix demo. pretty random.

MOUNTAIN

• Rep: 211
« Reply #403 on: March 15, 2011, 08:14:38 PM »
Raymond Molinar, Danny Garcia, and Daryl Angel have all hooked up with my ex-gf or her twin sister.  Now one of them is the father of their kid.

But DGar is the shit.
You're fuckin' out dude.
We used to skate on a sculpture by Henry Moore. Good times.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #404 on: March 15, 2011, 08:19:09 PM »
i've met and skated with fos a few times. he's come out to boston before, and then i've met up with him in vermont. at one point a few years ago we were talking about me running a u.s distribution for them. it never happened though
kerry getz, dan murphy, and pete eldridge came to one of our parties after a dew tour stop. they came in and half the people were mercilessly harassing them while the other half praised them like gods
my friends and i were outside shooting the shit at an element demo a few weeks ago and appleyard, barley, and chad tim tim rolled up with some eastern boarder dudes we're friends with and they shot the shit with us
i got a phone call from boosh saying that he was coming out that day with the flip team for their east coast demo. at a demo that day appleyard said he had gotten drunk and missed his flight
over the summer i was waiting at the shop for one of my friends to get in from western, ma. kevin coakley and marty murawski were there and i found myself in a conversation with them
though not pro, dan zaslavsky grew up two towns over from me. he was part of the crew that i skated with around the ages of 13-16. he still ends up coming back every once in a while, but i haven't seen him in a few years
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:21:01 PM by tom »
fuck you bama

rmoto

« Reply #405 on: March 15, 2011, 08:20:52 PM »
Last summer I met Chet Childress and Grant Taylor in barcelona at MACBA. They were super cool. 

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
« Reply #406 on: March 15, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just realized today that ive seen Matt Hensley like 7 times ,  hes in flogging molly.
[close]

But we'd rather pretend he isn't.
[close]

Whats wrong with Flogging Molly , punk rockish irish folk music  with depressing lyrics about lost love and drinking ? whats not to like ?

plus being in that band has given him a source of expressing his music while getting paid and touring the world . whats not to like about that ?
We just like him better when he skated. The dude was pretty incredible.
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

ontheswarm

« Reply #407 on: March 15, 2011, 08:33:56 PM »
the real team and zero team came out to vegas and they were all super sick.....tommy sandoval came over and asked for weed and my friend traded him like four boards three pairs of wheels and some shirts then we smoked a joint with him...davis got one of the gnarliest switch back heels over this white rail here at city hall

Sk8er4lifer

• Rep: -1
« Reply #408 on: March 15, 2011, 08:52:56 PM »
Expand Quote

But DGar is the shit.
[close]
You're fuckin' out dude.

Wow That's a crazy story. I heard this from someone I know as well. Is the baby mama from the Fullerton/Brea area?

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #409 on: March 15, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »
Peter Ramondetta, Johnny Layton, Don Nguyen, Ernie Torres, Nick Dompierre, frank gerwer, and Justin Brock. Nothin really interesting happened, just skating, only two I talked for a long time with is Pete and Don.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 09:29:40 PM by Skater Austin »

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #410 on: March 15, 2011, 09:16:02 PM »
i did a wallride in front of rick mccrank. I wasn't looking but I think he whistled at me.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

sdscanz

• Rep: -3
« Reply #411 on: March 15, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »
when i was a little kid i went to a vans triple crown, it was the one where tnt jumped out of the judges booth into that bank.
me and my friend went to the bathrooms and one stall was covered in shit, absolutely covered, we were tripping out cus there was shit all over the ceiling even.
sean sheffey rolls up walks to the stall pisses into the room without stepping inside/ on the shit.
turns around and walks up to us, (we are like like 12 maybe and i was super into the choco tour video) and just yells, HEY YOU GUYS SEEN KOSTON AROUND ANYWHERE from like four feet away.
we just look at each other and point to the contest.

ChildOfTheBurbs

• Rep: -65513
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #412 on: March 15, 2011, 10:44:57 PM »
danny montoya IS a professional.

GISM

• Rep: 25
  • pariah
« Reply #413 on: March 15, 2011, 11:54:43 PM »
Somebody told me to watch this movie Gummo on youtube and Mark Gonzales started wrestling a chair.

Hannity

« Reply #414 on: March 16, 2011, 06:33:48 AM »
met Templeton and Deanna at the only vegan burrito place in Berlin in 2009. super random. he was on his way back from an art show in Belgium. i fanned out hard and feebly approached him with a "Mr. Templeton? I'm a huge fan, sir." he, of course, was down to earth and really humble.

Hannity

« Reply #415 on: March 16, 2011, 06:39:06 AM »
also that was the summer that the Zoo video came out and Prevent This Tragedy was being filmed. saw Phelper and P Stone at the Zoo premier in East Berlin. and the girl i was hooking up with at the time ended up partying with Baca, Trapasso and some other CONS dudes.

i also lived like 2 minutes away from those famous benches at Warschauer Strasse that you see nearly every time a team tours Germany. woke up one morning hungover as fuck and was going to get some food and saw Mark Baines out at like 8 am laying down the nicest back tails on those benches.

Grubby Mits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • kim you need to leave him
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #416 on: March 16, 2011, 08:15:02 AM »
Not my story,  but one of my friends who sells drugs in Barcelona currently sold PJ Ladd and his friends a skimpy bag a while bag, though that was pretty funny haha

IskateBaker

• Rep: -70
« Reply #417 on: March 16, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »
I met chuck dinkins today at school, if anybody knows him, he was pro in like the 80s and early 90s, but i dont think he was all famous and shit though.
nigga when's the last time you caught a pokemon with a great ball?

illmatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • g'd up from the feet up
« Reply #418 on: March 16, 2011, 04:46:28 PM »
hot chocolate tour came by the local shop back in 04 or something like that...i remember justin eldrige being cool and skating with us kids, marc johnson being weird, and mike york being super skinny
ugh, thanks rupert, I have been looking for the adio myspace website for quite some time...

kellen

« Reply #419 on: March 16, 2011, 05:07:25 PM »
I remember back in early 2000 I was living in Maryland,  We went to D.C. and skated freedom plaza seen John Igei and Andy Honen killing it.