Author Topic: Encounters with Pro Skaters  (Read 148805 times)

yallsonsmonkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Encounters with Pro Skaters
« Reply #480 on: August 03, 2011, 11:02:24 PM »
Lately there have been a good amount of skaters that have come into my work. I had Danny Cerezini yesterday, hooked him up with an extra discount. Also had Julian Davidson and Felipe Gustavo too. All of them were really cool.
cool story bub

Doogie Howser Ph.D.

« Reply #481 on: August 03, 2011, 11:09:06 PM »
Rick Howard is the man.

eminem

« Reply #482 on: August 04, 2011, 06:29:06 AM »
one time i did something funy with someone and it was cool

Heshstallion

• Rep: -9
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #483 on: August 04, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »
I met Brandon Biebel at this 3 block in Sacramento, he switch bigflips it in his yeah right part i believe. we were skating it and i landed a kickflip, he siad it was a cool kickflip, it wasnt really the biggest thing i think he was just being nice. He was super cool though, me and my friends used to know this dude who was kinda in with a lot of sacramento heads til he moved way to philly or something like that for college.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #484 on: August 04, 2011, 03:46:58 PM »
Lately there have been a good amount of skaters that have come into my work. I had Danny Cerezini yesterday, hooked him up with an extra discount. Also had Julian Davidson and Felipe Gustavo too. All of them were really cool.
What do you do?
I met Brandon Biebel at this 3 block in Sacramento, he switch bigflips it in his yeah right part i believe. we were skating it and i landed a kickflip, he siad it was a cool kickflip, it wasnt really the biggest thing i think he was just being nice. He was super cool though, me and my friends used to know this dude who was kinda in with a lot of sacramento heads til he moved way to philly or something like that for college.
So you knew a dude that knew other dudes?

dankradschwag

« Reply #485 on: August 04, 2011, 04:08:20 PM »
talked to matt rodriguez for a solid hour once and at tx deathmatch julian davidson gave me a weird look

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #486 on: August 04, 2011, 04:29:27 PM »
one time i was at the airport with my mom & my friend at the time. we were picking up my brother from a flight back from california. we were at the baggage claim & i went to the window to wait for him. as i was waiting i saw arto saari for the first time, he was on an etnies trip. dude was really tall to me & looked stoned. i started freaking out & was yelling "i just saw arto! i just saw arto!" my mom didn't believe me and neither did my friend, i think my mom knew more about arto then my friend did. i didnt care that noone believed me, i just really wanted to tell my brother. he came to the baggage claim a second later & as i went to tell him he screams "guess who was sitting in front of me on the fuckin plane?!?!" i laughed & shouted "arto saari!!!?!" hahahahha good times

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

apad88

« Reply #487 on: August 04, 2011, 04:32:09 PM »
I met Daryl Angel at Sunnyvale skatepark... I told him :'( I liked his skating and he kinda just looked at me funny and skated off...

DEDBBIS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #488 on: August 04, 2011, 06:22:36 PM »
I've seen Robbie Russo at Channel St a few times, traded him a picture of his knuckles for a cigarette.

There ain't no shit on T.V. tonight

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #489 on: August 04, 2011, 08:54:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What do you do?

I work at Macys at South Coast Plaza, pretty high end mall. Ive had some pretty interesting customers my time there.

Samuel Gorgompus

« Reply #490 on: August 04, 2011, 09:21:20 PM »
I did a semester abroad in Barcelona and was skating by myself at this spot near my residence one day and see a Tom Penny clone and a filmer roll up. I went up to say what's up to them and then realized it was the real Tom Penny. Needless to say I was dumbfounded since I didn't even know he was staying in Barcelona, but he was really cool and filmed a pretty good trick within a couple of tries.

Buddha

• Rep: -205
« Reply #491 on: August 04, 2011, 11:53:30 PM »
I sat behind some of the DVS team at the Skate More premier in Toronto.  A few of the guys beside me were talking about Indy's and how they are the only trucks you need.  Busenitz turned around and said something like "fuck all you indy guys thunders are the best".  Everyone went silent, it was pretty funny.  Later that night some kids were heckling Dills part, in his defense Berra stood up and yelled "shut the fuck up or I'll lip slide your face".   I remember dill running out of the theater screaming like a girl at one point.  Weird night. 

foureyedjim

« Reply #492 on: August 05, 2011, 03:41:01 AM »
I met Daryl Angel at Sunnyvale skatepark... I told him :'( I liked his skating and he kinda just looked at me funny and skated off...

haha, no offense, but those conversations where someone you don't know randomly comes up to you and says they're a fan is always a little awkward.  Most skateboarders don't live celebrity lifestyles you know, so don't expect them all to be super social

tobal

• Rep: -11
« Reply #493 on: August 05, 2011, 03:58:04 AM »
Some live celebrity lifestyle and arent social at all...not to say real dick heads.

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #494 on: August 05, 2011, 04:20:46 AM »
Met Matt Miller, Chany Jeanguenin, Ryan Gallant, and Spencer Hamilton over the weekend for a kayo signing in Harford Co., Maryland. Gallant was hyped right out of the van when pulling up, talked to him about woodward. He was pretty cool. I ended up talking with Chany and Miller for most of the post-signing. I have nothing negative at all to say about those two. Really nice guys.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #495 on: August 05, 2011, 01:54:33 PM »
I've seen Robbie Russo at Channel St a few times, traded him a picture of his knuckles for a cigarette.

Snuggle Bandit Jr in making? Yes!

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #496 on: August 05, 2011, 02:57:17 PM »
Saw some of the expedition dudes at Woodward recently. They all seemed laid back and made a point to actually skate around with the campers. Pretty solid dudes!

Edit: just saw your post Victor.. gotta say that seeing those dudes skate in person was quite a treat.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:00:42 PM by mcpeepants »
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #497 on: August 05, 2011, 07:58:10 PM »
Fucking jealous!

Plug_One

• Rep: 9
« Reply #498 on: August 06, 2011, 10:02:20 AM »
danny brady borrowed my lighter at macba. wow, right?

and one night in barca when i was super drunk and was smoking a cigg out the window, jb gillett skated by, i was super stoked and just shouted "JB!!!!!", he smiled and flashed the peace sign and skated away in the night. it was awesome.

scribbles

• Rep: 2
« Reply #499 on: August 06, 2011, 08:59:35 PM »
At a Chocolate demo maybe 5 or so years ago Chris Roberts was trying to nose manny this crazy high ledge and I said to Devine Calloway(this was before he was officially on the team and I didn't know who he was) that the nose manny Chris was trying was sick...he smiled and agreed. After that, some friends and I went to the parking lot to smoke weed and we see Gino walking by us...I instantly say "Gino! You want to smoke some?" He gave me a funny look and just kept walking.

Another time, Danny Fuenzalida was in town for a few days (I live in Canada) getting some stuff sorted out with a visa or passport or something and the day he was leaving I asked him if he had any spare decks he could sell me. He didn't have any extra boards, but he did give me his 3 day old complete before he left.

There are more, but these are a couple of the better ones.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:10:14 PM by scribbles »

goatsucker

• Rep: -23
« Reply #500 on: August 06, 2011, 09:07:49 PM »
Hung out with Kenny Anderson at a trade show after party dude was super funny got me a few drinks and just shot the shit for about a hour or to ... I also met a few other pros at the trade show everyone looks so much different in person

yallsonsmonkey

• Rep: 0
« Reply #501 on: August 06, 2011, 09:33:28 PM »
i fucked a girl the night after she fucked sheckler.....hows that for a pro skater encounter?!?!

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -274
« Reply #502 on: August 06, 2011, 10:05:56 PM »
I met Lance Mountain at a Girl demo in Sydney..
I told him 411 was never really the same without him.

goatsucker

• Rep: -23
« Reply #503 on: August 06, 2011, 11:28:05 PM »
i fucked a girl the night after she fucked sheckler.....hows that for a pro skater encounter?!?!

you mean sheckler fucked your mom then fucked you after

Sexy Alf

• Rep: 4
  • so damn sexy
« Reply #504 on: August 07, 2011, 03:57:58 AM »
Then you sucked a goat.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #505 on: August 07, 2011, 04:23:44 AM »
I spoke to Bryan Herman, Andrew Reynolds and Shane Heyl this summer. That was pretty cool. Shane Heyl was just as crazy in real life.

Hannity

« Reply #506 on: August 07, 2011, 11:16:33 AM »
i met the emerica team in sayreville a few years back. they were all pretty much what you'd expect. leo and heath sat next to each other on the end with miner and jetski and didn't talk to anyone much. marquis and braydon were stoked and just happy to be there. i remember some of the posters had fallen onto the ground, the ones you get them to sign, and i picked one up off the ground and reynolds insisted i grab a new one. he said it made a huge difference. i remember aaron suski as one of the most down to earth and approachable dudes. 

figgy got funky on the flatbar, leo got some nice gap to grinds over the pyramid and then jamie landed a nice nollie big heel on the quarter pipe. reynolds of course got his kf melon and fs flip on the quarter. people were bummin that herman didn't really come out the van to sesh til the very end. blunts and bitches in the tour bus were way more important. 

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #507 on: August 07, 2011, 11:34:33 AM »
Kerry Getz lives in my town and drinks at my bar.

Buzz Killington

• Rep: -12
« Reply #508 on: August 07, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »
Have met:
Eli Reed- that dude was kinda whack.
T-Puds- kinda acted like he was the shit
Lamare Hemmings- He was super nice
Matt Beach- Super nice
John Motta- quirky and funny as fuck
Daryl Angel- seemed to cool for school
Leo Romero- Seemed WAY too cool for school
Theotis- Nicest dude ever!!
Tony T- gave me props on my girl tee, the one with that Salvador Dali artwork. I was stoked
Billy Marks- he seemed kinda dickish
Ben Raybourn - Super cool

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1287
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #509 on: August 07, 2011, 10:31:42 PM »

John Motta- quirky and funny as fuck

hahaha, imagine being a grown ass man and another grown ass man defines you as 'quirky'. so fucked up.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.