Author Topic: NBA season starts tonight!!!  (Read 39006 times)

All Hail Wu Welsh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: NBA season starts tonight!!!
« Reply #840 on: July 01, 2010, 03:03:48 PM »
fuck the bulls, fuck the nets, fuck the heat, fuck the wizards for helping teams get in the way of the knicks, the knicks tanked for 2 years for this summer, and the fanbase has had to suffer through both scott layden and isiah thomas, its our turn and we deserve and everyone is still hating on the knicks.  the only scenario i could be ok with is lebron resigning with the cavs.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #841 on: July 01, 2010, 03:58:59 PM »
sign and trade and come to dallas so you dont leave the cavs with nothing....but no seriously he's out of cleveland, it's either something like 40 percent maybe the nets, 40 percent maybe the knicks and 20 percent bulls. he's not going to miami, he's too much of an alpha dog to share anything with wade. whoever said something about 'melo, this ain't summer of 2011 man and he's not going anywhere till then and that's a small possibility.
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #842 on: July 01, 2010, 04:27:31 PM »
Yay Phil is coming back!!!!!

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #843 on: July 01, 2010, 06:38:21 PM »

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #844 on: July 01, 2010, 07:38:27 PM »
sign and trade and come to dallas so you dont leave the cavs with nothing....but no seriously he's out of cleveland, it's either something like 40 percent maybe the nets, 40 percent maybe the knicks and 20 percent bulls. he's not going to miami, he's too much of an alpha dog to share anything with wade. whoever said something about 'melo, this ain't summer of 2011 man and he's not going anywhere till then and that's a small possibility.

The nets have a 5% chance at best, they're on some real stupid cocky shit right now talking about them being front runners.  First of all the nets are a second tier team and will always be one, second they're a fuckin mess right now, new coach, new foreign owner who really doesnt know shit about basketball, rod thorne is stepping down in two weeks, and to top it off they only won 12 games last year.  The best part about all of this it is everyone keeps talking about Jay-Z's pull, the motherfucker owns 2% of the team, and he tried to by into the knicks first but Dolan blocked him.  So how are you gonna pitch to Lebron that the Nets is where he wants to be, when they were your second choice.  Fuck I'm not gonna be able to stop stressing over this until all the big names are signed.

relevant to my intrests

• Rep: -58
« Reply #845 on: July 01, 2010, 07:54:52 PM »

40% the nets or knicks?? what the hell? only scenario that would make sense for him to be both a winner now and become the business man he wants to be is here in Chicago. We have a young nucleus that have proven they can compete in the playoffs. Jerry Reinsdorf has the connects to hook Lebron up in the world outside of basketball.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
« Reply #846 on: July 01, 2010, 08:19:58 PM »
Rockets are getting fucked.... Me might lose Ariza and end up with the rights to Hedo... Rather keep Ariza who actually gives a shit about playing. Brad Miller has been talking to us as well. He's old as fuck, but could help out with Yao's crippled ass in playing some minutes.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #847 on: July 01, 2010, 08:58:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

40% the nets or knicks?? what the hell? only scenario that would make sense for him to be both a winner now and become the business man he wants to be is here in Chicago. We have a young nucleus that have proven they can compete in the playoffs. Jerry Reinsdorf has the connects to hook Lebron up in the world outside of basketball.

Jerry Reinsdorf is also a proven cheap asshole who will do anything not to pay the luxury tax i.e. disbanding the old bulls.  And when it comes to being the buisness man he wants to be, he can only do that in New York, the Knicks hired a statistics firm for their presentation for the Lebron that was able to prove that the only place he can become a billionaire is in New York, he has less than a %1 of making that much in Chicago as opposed to over 50% in New York.  And as far as young nucleus goes, yeah you have the knicks beat with derrick rose, but gallinari is a better player than noah, wilson chandler is just as good luol deng, and toney douglas shows as much promise james johnson does.

relevant to my intrests

« Reply #848 on: July 02, 2010, 09:46:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Jerry Reinsdorf is also a proven cheap asshole who will do anything not to pay the luxury tax i.e. disbanding the old bulls.  And when it comes to being the buisness man he wants to be, he can only do that in New York, the Knicks hired a statistics firm for their presentation for the Lebron that was able to prove that the only place he can become a billionaire is in New York, he has less than a %1 of making that much in Chicago as opposed to over 50% in New York.  And as far as young nucleus goes, yeah you have the knicks beat with derrick rose, but gallinari is a better player than noah, wilson chandler is just as good luol deng, and toney douglas shows as much promise james johnson does.

First of all Jerry Reinsdorf has been quoted as saying he would gladly go deep into the luxury tax to acquire lebron and resign Noah and Rose. Jerry has been a penny pincher but in a strange way his decision to disband the old bulls was not a terrible move, look at Michael's career after that.  Also Phil stated that he would not be returning which would have meant we lose MJ anyways.  Second of all unfortunately for New York Lebron is trying to win now which is the most important thing to him I don't think that money is everything to him.  Third of all Joakim averaged 10.6 points 11 rebounds and 1.6 blocks a game while Danillo averaged 15.1 points 4.9 rpg and .7 bpg the edge undoubtedly goes to Noah who not only outplays Gallinari but out hustles him and plays a way more valuable position. Now as far as the rest of your comparisons I would agree except for james johnson shows no promise he looks lost out there.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #849 on: July 02, 2010, 12:27:57 PM »
if you think basketball players only care about winning then you know nothing about the NBA. and you ridiculously just tried to compare a center to a fucking spot up shooting forward, wow. it's all speculation here from fans like you and i but it seems to ME that the two east coast teams have an edge over chicago at this point and time. he's making his decision by the 5th so i guess we'll have to see won't we?

relevant to my intrests

« Reply #850 on: July 02, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »
if you think basketball players only care about winning then you know nothing about the NBA. and you ridiculously just tried to compare a center to a fucking spot up shooting forward, wow. it's all speculation here from fans like you and i but it seems to ME that the two east coast teams have an edge over chicago at this point and time. he's making his decision by the 5th so i guess we'll have to see won't we?

What in the world are you talking about I meant his decision was not going to be based solely on money.  You clearly don't read what was posted we were comparing the young nucleus of the team and yes you fucking can compare players dumbass Your opinion from this point forward does not matter, you clearly know nothing, you are excused.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #851 on: July 02, 2010, 01:25:25 PM »
i know what you meant, gus. i'm saying you're wrong, it'll be based more so on money than winning right away. you threw stats of a center out against stats of a forward who is there to basically shoot the fucking ball. you threw out rebounds and blocks like it was something Noah wasn't going to win at, he's a fucking center. it's fucking obvious the bulls are a better team than the knicks, any fucking sportscenter jock who doesn't even watch the nba could tell you that. i'm saying lebron is looking for immortality, to be a billionaire, to be the face of biggest city in america. he's got an alpha dog mentality, he wants to be the player the nets/knicks never had. money wise he could still go to chicago no doubt, but like i said, you incompetent "oh i just read the front page of espn" schmuck, i think he's got a bigger chance going to the east coast. but then you blew up pretty crazy at my thought of that which started this shit, let's just wait and see ay?

relevant to my intrests

« Reply #852 on: July 02, 2010, 02:09:29 PM »
i know what you meant, gus. i'm saying you're wrong, it'll be based more so on money than winning right away. you threw stats of a center out against stats of a forward who is there to basically shoot the fucking ball. you threw out rebounds and blocks like it was something Noah wasn't going to win at, he's a fucking center. it's fucking obvious the bulls are a better team than the knicks, any fucking sportscenter jock who doesn't even watch the nba could tell you that. i'm saying lebron is looking for immortality, to be a billionaire, to be the face of biggest city in america. he's got an alpha dog mentality, he wants to be the player the nets/knicks never had. money wise he could still go to chicago no doubt, but like i said, you incompetent "oh i just read the front page of espn" schmuck, i think he's got a bigger chance going to the east coast. but then you blew up pretty crazy at my thought of that which started this shit, let's just wait and see ay?

I don't know we'lll see what happens I see where you are coming from but I don't agree with it.  My point with Noah and Gallinari was just that joakim was a more complete player and would be more appealing to play with than another average spot up shooter.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #853 on: July 05, 2010, 03:25:41 PM »
amar'e just signed a 5 year deal with the knicks..

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #854 on: July 05, 2010, 05:22:27 PM »
As long as he doesn't decide to start playing defense I'll be alright with that.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #855 on: July 05, 2010, 07:13:13 PM »
c'mon man.....hakim warrick is your power forward now...you know that's a huge bummer.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #856 on: July 05, 2010, 08:25:07 PM »
Man, these guys are signing huge contracts. Joe Johnson $119 million over 9 years? Wow, I'm excited to see how things will play out. Mostly wondering where Bosh will go.

I wonder if the Raptors are even an option for him at the moment.
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #857 on: July 05, 2010, 09:49:41 PM »
nah, you don't get any media attention out there. Can't even remember the last time I've seen a raptors game on TV...or even the NBA channel for that matter.

og.milk

• Rep: 2
« Reply #858 on: July 05, 2010, 11:41:52 PM »
just payed 15 bucks to be able to watch the summer league online...biggest impulse buy of this summer so far

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #859 on: July 06, 2010, 07:46:12 AM »
c'mon man.....hakim warrick is your power forward now...you know that's a huge bummer.

Naw man, I'm not bummed... Keep an eye on his numbers this season; with Steve Nash giving him feeds and under Alvin Gentry he'll play better basketball then he ever has. No one gave a shit about Dragic and Frye either but look at how the Suns have developed them as players.

So whatever. He's no Amare, but Amare's not five times better than Hakim like their salaries would have you believe.

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #860 on: July 06, 2010, 07:07:05 PM »
So I guess Lebron is asking for a 1 hour timeslot on ESPN this Thursday to announce his decision according to ESPN just now.  This dude is milkin' the attention.

relevant to my intrests

« Reply #861 on: July 06, 2010, 07:30:23 PM »
just payed 15 bucks to be able to watch the summer league online...biggest impulse buy of this summer so far

got that shit for free son

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #862 on: July 06, 2010, 07:45:43 PM »
So I guess Lebron is asking for a 1 hour timeslot on ESPN this Thursday

The NBA's most prized free agent opened a Twitter account on Tuesday

oh man...

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #863 on: July 07, 2010, 05:36:56 AM »
bosh joining dwyane in miami.

So I guess Lebron is asking for a 1 hour timeslot on ESPN this Thursday to announce his decision according to ESPN just now.  This dude is milkin' the attention.
semi-interested in how they plan to fill an hour with something that takes a few seconds.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #864 on: July 07, 2010, 06:07:40 AM »
the fuck? he releasing some new apple product? just hold up the jersey and smile Lebron.

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #865 on: July 07, 2010, 07:52:55 AM »
miami fuckin heat son!!!

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #867 on: July 07, 2010, 10:19:59 AM »
The Heat just got that much better overnight. Would be insane if Lebron goes to Miami. He'll get what he is asking for if that is the case...which is a ring. I just want the damn Lakers to go down.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #868 on: July 07, 2010, 12:52:50 PM »
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=927&line=137573&spln=1

"The Decision" will be announced in Connecticut. Like everyone else, my guess was St. Vincent-St. Mary, but whatever.

^I can wish.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:55:04 PM by MyUserName »

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #869 on: July 07, 2010, 02:22:50 PM »
It will still be DWADE's heat. Not 'Brons. Can't see him going there. Boozer's in Chi town now.....ya never know.