Author Topic: Motorcycles  (Read 56085 times)

floop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
Re: Motorcycles
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also 900 original miles.
[close]

DON'T SLEEP ON THAT!
[close]
Some dude who worked there bought it from under me on my way to pick it up.....bummed.

that looked really clean but you could probably find something equally cool for less than 2 grand easily
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2012, 08:53:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also 900 original miles.
[close]

DON'T SLEEP ON THAT!
[close]
Some dude who worked there bought it from under me on my way to pick it up.....bummed.
[close]

that looked really clean but you could probably find something equally cool for less than 2 grand easily
The CB500T's are really hard to find though....especially stock ones. I am not super in to cafes, but I like vintage stock jap bikes in really good condition. Those are hard to find.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2012, 09:21:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also 900 original miles.
[close]

DON'T SLEEP ON THAT!
[close]
[close]

[close]
The CB500T's are really hard to find though....especially stock ones. I am not super in to cafes, but I like vintage stock jap bikes in really good condition. Those are hard to find.

even in japan they are hard to find and are pretty expensive, 360,000¥ and up...

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2012, 02:15:53 AM »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

gldglver

• Rep: -1
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2012, 10:28:56 PM »
have a thing for old honda cb's and cl's. here's my '79 650

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2012, 10:39:05 PM »

thanx for bringing this thread back, it needs more love (nice bike btw).
honda really did used to make some classic looking bikes back in the day with reliable as fuck engines to boot. i actually rode a CB 250 for my 1st few years of riding. GREAT learners bike!!!
if there was an apocalypse i would probs ride/ steal a supercub; not the fastest bike on earth but probably one of the toughest (and a lot more economical than the sporty).

incognico

• Rep: 8
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2012, 01:32:01 AM »
this is my xs400. this was the first time it ran in 15 years.
i got it off my workmate who'd had it sitting in his garage with the carbs off and everything open.
it was a nightmare.

xs startup

as you can hear, it's not running right. i'm on pods and straight pipes so i think i'll have to rejet.
in the background under the sheet is my flatmates pristine condition 1947 BSA C10.

gldglver

• Rep: -1
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2012, 02:33:14 AM »
^^^nice! I love xs400's and 650's. here's an older video of a cold start up. we've done some work on it since this was shot.
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WXUoXfS9kJQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:35:05 AM by gldglver »

incognico

« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2012, 03:20:20 AM »
oh man. sounds so fuckin nice. i really like what you've done there.

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
  • (formerly mex.ceferino)
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2012, 04:29:08 AM »
i dont really take pictures of my bike because its not really nothing out of the ordinary,
but i just had to shoot this because the scenery was getting crazy.
started with a 650cc yamaha vstar in 2009 and soon moved on to this 06 sporty1200
like someone mentioned earlier, this model is a bit of a shakey fucker but i got no complaints

im undecided to either sell it and get an early 2000's nightrain to travel the country
or sell it and start a project with a rigid frame
thoughts anyone?

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2012, 05:14:17 AM »
i dont really take pictures of my bike because its not really nothing out of the ordinary,
but i just had to shoot this because the scenery was getting crazy.
started with a 650cc yamaha vstar in 2009 and soon moved on to this 06 sporty1200
like someone mentioned earlier, this model is a bit of a shakey fucker but i got no complaints

im undecided to either sell it and get an early 2000's nightrain to travel the country
or sell it and start a project with a rigid frame
thoughts anyone?

YAY! another sporty rider, i literally cannot get enough of sporties. 06 was the year they introduced rubber mounts right (and EFI if i remember correctly)? i guess it comes to what you want to do, sporties aren't traditionally touring bikes but they can be made into touring bikes. personally i don't really like any other model of harley (except maybe dynas) and a rigid, while they look badass, would be way too tough on my body. i rode my dad's fatboy when i was back in australia recently and it felt like a tank. he hates riding around town too but said once you are out on the open road it is a dream to ride.

what seat are you rocking btw? mustang?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:22:54 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2012, 10:13:35 AM »
for you sportster guys, how unrealistic is it to take one for a long trek?  as in, cross country..
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2012, 01:06:09 PM »
gay imp sausage, mustang seat and it is rubber mounted but i think it isn't EFI because it has carburetors
im pretty much self thought on the parts/mechanics so i might be wrong
which usually leads me to answer my own question and hold the project until i become totally familiar and travel cross country first,
but the idea of building a bike sounds so fucking tempting and fun

yeah i agree sportsters rule and remain my fave
my other hd preference are softails but its all taste nothing really against dyna, both are my alternatives just for traveling purposes

how unrealistic is it to take one for a long trek?  as in, cross country..

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2012, 04:48:33 PM »
Expand Quote
for you sportster guys, how unrealistic is it to take one for a long trek?  as in, cross country..
[close]

My dad did a cross country trip on a '73 Kawasaki 750 H 2 Mach IV.  That's a tough bike to do that distance on, but it's totally doable.  I had another homie do all four corners of the states on a 60s Panhead back in 2008.  That's a bit sketchy though unless you're a skilled mechanic since it's an older bike.  I'm possibly going from Kansas City to Nashville next month.  Far from cross country, but it's a trip.  I'm a pussy these days though, I ride for an hour and a half and stop, stretch my legs etc.  I also am not a huge fan of trips more than 6-7 hours.

i'm thinking i'd like to do a cross country ride someday when i have time.  maybe not literally cross country but definitely covering some ground.  have no experience going long distance, i just cruise around town on my 350

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2012, 05:34:29 AM »
ive been wanting to customize my bike for the last 2 years but just dont have any cash to do it.... i really like your cb gldglver

RightCoastBiased

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »

This is my free 1971 CL350 Scrambler. I am hoping to get it on the road by the end of July, money pending.

A buddy had to move back east and said I could have it. Transmission isn't engaging, plugs aren't sparking, tank is the wrong size, needs new tires, maybe new suspension. Luckily I've got a few extra tanks and some know how. I don't have any plans for Cafe-ing it out. Just want to sand down the new tank and paint it flat black. I'll ride if for a year or two and get something else. These things sell for a pretty decent price out here in the bay.

Though I am not into cusomtizing it, I wouldn't mind if it looked like the one across the street from my work.

kinky john

• Rep: 39
  • I do not spook easily
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2012, 01:44:23 PM »
Small British bike company making some good looking stuff, like the principles behind it.

http://www.mac-motorcycles.com/roarer_black.html
Quote from: lipscantgo on April 15, 2009, 02:30:26 PM
Females now know to NEVER text Jereme before breakfast. He laid it down.

incognico

« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2012, 02:01:47 AM »
just finished the build.
pretty happy.

finecojeffe

• Rep: 141
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2012, 06:04:19 AM »

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2012, 06:18:56 AM »
My homie's bike and their shop Medusa Fabrication is featured on the Triumph website!

http://rideatriumph.com/the-irony-in-a-name/

that bike looks crazy rad

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2012, 06:27:54 AM »
I just picked this up from a buddy. Not really into cafes a ton, but it was too good a deal to pass up.

I think I am going to do something along the lines of this to it.

For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2012, 03:53:15 PM »
My homie's bike and their shop Medusa Fabrication is featured on the Triumph website!

http://rideatriumph.com/the-irony-in-a-name/
If I had the money I would haul my old ass bonneville from its resting place in my parent's garage in Cincinnati and take it to your buddy's shop for an over haul.

Oh the dreams  :'(

finecojeffe

• Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2012, 04:01:08 PM »
do it man, that was a similar direction I took mine and I love it.

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2012, 05:47:53 AM »

i just fell in love
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2012, 09:22:47 AM »
Looking into MSF courses - they're saying I need gloves, boots and my own helmet. Buying a helmet right now is too much of a commitment for me to be honest since it's going to be a long time before I even get a bike.

Yes I've tried looking on craigslist for some cheap ones to use through the MSF course but they're all way too big and still too expensive.

Perhaps I should fashion one at home using aluminum foil and tape

finecojeffe

• Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2012, 09:34:46 AM »
how much are you looking to spend on a helmet? You can find some from HCI for a pretty good price. Or HJC

http://www.jafrum.com/Shop-By-Brand/HJC-Solid-Helmets/HJC-Helmets-HJC-CS-2N-Half-Helmet

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2012, 03:22:16 PM »
Can you borrow a helmet?  The MSF course I took offered helmets to those without which was pretty cool.  I hope you get to go though, that class was extremely worthwhile AND it lowered my insurance.

save it.
they lend you a helmet, the gloves are useless for what youll do, and the instructor didnt even check if we had boots
or at least in my case
i do recommend sturdy footwear

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2012, 05:22:27 PM »
Ive been thinking about getting a bike and motorcycle license for a few months and now I've decided to do it. I just dont know what bike to get... Im thinking yamaha xs 80-83 or something or a honda cb. Anyone got an advice?

I just want a super reliable bike that runs a long time without having to be worked on, just use that shit every day. I found a super rad 1972 CB500, but is a 72 reliable enough or should I get something newer?

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »

This is what I'm hoping to do one day. Streetfighter Ninja 250

So sexxxyyy and delicious

Numeral

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2012, 03:20:08 AM »
I love sportys too, was really close to pulling the trigger on a nightster a couple months back, but somebody got it before me, I'll prolly be on the hunt for a nighttrain or xbones or another sporty.