Author Topic: Simple Shit You Never Learned  (Read 40322 times)

ThatOneGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -29
Simple Shit You Never Learned
« on: January 31, 2010, 02:23:24 PM »
Post the tricks that still give you trouble to this day.

Varial heels don't make sense to me, the same goes for fs nose slides.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
Re: Simple Shit You Never Learned
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 02:37:16 PM »
frontside pop shuvits.  but ive got them perfect switch

whang

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 03:22:05 PM »
when i was young i never learnt the months, till this day i have alot of trouble

Inanimate Object

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 03:32:31 PM »
Nollie and switch heels. I can do regular and fakie ones real big. But not the popular way.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 11:26:52 PM »

WWD4D?

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 12:28:58 AM »
Wow... Where to start...
I can't do any heelflips whatsoever; regular, nollie, fakie, or switch. I've got decent varial heels and fakie varial heels though, but that's it for the heelflip department.
Switch flips and nollie flips. I think I've only landed two or three switch flips ever.
Switch front pops, can't do those too good at all either
I didn't know how to do regular pop shuv-its for the longest time either; I never bothered to learn em when I was starting out and whenever I'd try them they'd always go primo, I know how to do em now though but for the longest time I couldn't do em.

overheated

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 12:48:27 AM »
I can't hardflip at all, and my pop shuv its are awful.

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 01:03:13 AM »
tre flips. I've been trying them for as long as I can remember and I've only landed 3 in my life (on a single day 4 years ago). They just do not work and they're like the holy grail in my skating life. If I ever get to learn them, I can die a happy man

WWD4D?

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 01:29:44 AM »
tre flips. I've been trying them for as long as I can remember and I've only landed 3 in my life (on a single day 4 years ago). They just do not work and they're like the holy grail in my skating life. If I ever get to learn them, I can die a happy man
Oh man, I forgot about tre flips. I can't do those to save my life either. I just can't figure out how they work.

Other simple shit that I can't do that I forgot to list:
Backside bigspins. I always end up spinning them too hard and they go primo
A bunch of grind and slide tricks. I have a pretty decent amount of frontside grind tricks, but I suck at backside grind tricks. I think it's just safe to say that I'm not very good at grinds/ledge skating at all.
I'm also really terrible at tranny. Never really bothered to learn how to skate it when I was growing up because I didn't have much access to parks.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 03:20:46 AM »
oh yeah, i can't bs 5050 or bs 5-o mid-ledge. or any other  bs tricks that involve the tail.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 03:47:53 AM »
tons of shit on street

on tranny back smith grinds seem long overdue

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 07:31:09 AM »
Used to be switch bs 180s, but I just learned those the other day.

I will never ever land a nollie heelflip. Ever.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 11:52:17 AM »
i just dont skate switch. i never feel like practicing it,but i get really stoked when i see a nice switch flip. that is baiscally the only trick i have never done (and sw 3 flip, sw bs flip, sw hardflip, etc.)

i am pretty sure i can do every single trick mentioned in this thread first try or within a few at least, which is funny cause i kind of went out of my way to learn all that stuff. i felt like i shouldnt move on to harder tricks until i had every single basic one. its all about finding the right spots to learn things on.

except 3 flips. i suck at them badly, but i can do them pretty much every try when i am on defense in a game of skate. any other time i just dont have the motivation to go for it.

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 12:12:32 PM »
Switch and nollie heels have a homing missile aimed at my gooch. I pretty much learned the basic tricks that I put off for some reason, front boards and back 180s. I just started trying back feebles, they don't seem very hard, I'll prolly get'm when the weather gets nicer. I always just skated frontside, even on transtion, like a dummy  :(. I can't get back smiths on tranny to grind and I can't back disaster.

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 08:05:09 PM »
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 09:03:28 PM »
Heelflips
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »
tre flips and regular heelflip variations.
regular crooks
smith grinds frontside or backside.
would say front tail, but after years of trying I finally got them down a few weeks ago
a year ago I couldnt do shit on transition besides drop in until I kicked myself in the ass about it, now I don't completely suck at it.
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 12:08:05 AM »
Frontside flips.
I have done them nollie, switch, and fakie. Regular ones still baffle me. My feet do everything wrong.
nosemanuals too. I've done them, but don't have them, and feel like by now I really should. Its mostly just the fact that manual pads bore me pretty quickly. Maybe if I learned nose manuals better I'd like them more.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

luc

• Rep: -118
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 12:12:27 AM »
bs noseslides

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 12:28:34 AM »
Frontside flips.
I have done them nollie, switch, and fakie. Regular ones still baffle me. My feet do everything wrong.
nosemanuals too. I've done them, but don't have them, and feel like by now I really should. Its mostly just the fact that manual pads bore me pretty quickly. Maybe if I learned nose manuals better I'd like them more.
are you referring to nollie bs flips? because nollie fs flip is a whole different trick, and it's actually a lot easier than a nollie bs flip. i'm with you on fs flips though. i've had them at various points in my life, but the last time i had them was years ago, lost them due to an injury.
same with kickflips recently. about two months ago i was nosemanualling this high wooden manual pad (not to rub it in or anything) and i was going against the floor boards which slowed me down and by the time i got to the end, i tried to pop out but just nosedived to my ankle. haven't been able to do any tricks that involve flicking with my left foot since.

clamy

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 02:01:54 AM »
^Same shit happened to me. Hurt my ankle really bad once and now whenever I sprain my right ankle I can't do kickflips for like a month or two. So I have a pretty shit fs flip, too.

Never learnt back noseslides, but I can do nollie noseslides and nollie heel noseslides. I guess I could do one but I can't really remember ever landing one except on accident trying crooks.
Can't sw back 180.
Can't reg varial heel.

modestxthreat

• Rep: 0
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 02:27:42 AM »
never landed any kind of switch flip in my life.  still struggle w/ tre's, tail slides, nose mannys/grinds/slides, and any type of blunt.  but what I'm most bummed about is never forcing myself to learn grabs or no-comply's.  oh, the shame.   

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 03:03:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Frontside flips.
[close]
are you referring to nollie bs flips? because nollie fs flip is a whole different trick, and it's actually a lot easier than a nollie bs flip. i'm with you on fs flips though. i've had them at various points in my life, but the last time i had them was years ago, lost them due to an injury.
same with kickflips recently. about two months ago i was nosemanualling this high wooden manual pad (not to rub it in or anything) and i was going against the floor boards which slowed me down and by the time i got to the end, i tried to pop out but just nosedived to my ankle. haven't been able to do any tricks that involve ing with my left foot since.
Yeah, nollie b/s flips. I've done them both ways though.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

overheated

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 03:28:58 AM »
Frontside flips.

Absolutely the same, its only the regular ones that are impossible for me.

clamy

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 10:40:03 PM »
Also I don't think I'll ever do a back feeble in my life. Even though I'm not dying to learn them, it's just everyone else says they're easy.

snickers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
  • do you think this is a game?
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 11:44:25 PM »
frontside flips, noseslides, and 360 flips will be the death of me.
fatcockXL deserves to be mod on the strength of his name alone

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 12:04:45 AM »
I can't throw down.  As in I can't run and throw the board down and jump on it.  I just never ever learned.  I always put my board down...then kick it...then run and jump on it.  I'm just not overly coordinated when I'm not skateboarding.  It's essentially the only thing I'm at least sorta good at.

clamy

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 01:09:31 AM »
I can't throw down.  As in I can't run and throw the board down and jump on it.  I just never ever learned.  I always put my board down...then kick it...then run and jump on it.  I'm just not overly coordinated when I'm not skateboarding.  It's essentially the only thing I'm at least sorta good at.

I assume at least once you've kicked your board with your toe and tripped over (or almost) trying to get on? It's happened to me when doing that, must be funny for anyone watching.

pivotfakie

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 12:31:24 PM »
Too many to list

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2010, 09:17:50 AM »
lol really??? u are a tranny guy you should be able to do these into quarters!!