Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 152215 times)

brent

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #360 on: July 30, 2012, 10:17:30 PM »
thats what i thought too
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #361 on: July 30, 2012, 10:40:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Marie, more so
[close]

this episode was so good. walt is becoming more likeable for me actually, the way he's actually getting smarter about his deception. it's less awkward to watch and really impressive. i'm kinda bummed for jesse giving up that chick but walt's manipulation was so subtle i barely picked up on it. and the way he handled marie could never have happened in the first season -- when he would stumble over himself trying to come up with an explanation every single fucking time skyler ask him where he'd been. that always irritated the hell out of me, like you seriously didn't try to think of a simple, realistic explanation on the ride home? you really just thought your wife wouldn't question you being gone for hours on end when you would typically be at home?
[close]

That "maybe he took liberties that weren't his to take, maybe he flew too close to the sun" death threat toward Jesse after Jesse intervened in his business dispute with Mike was a hell of a way to end the episode!
[close]

damn. I misinterpreted that. I thought he was insinuating that maybe he shouldn't have killed Gus. like Gus killed that black dude because he was out of lined, not to threaten Jesse and Walt.
i didn't see it either of those two ways. what black dude did gus kill? you mean the hispanic guy whose throat he slit in front of them? the act he did while glaring into the eyes of jesse and walt? but hey, maybe he wasn't trying to threaten them.

seemed more like he was insinuating that he's starting to decide whether or not he'll kill mike in the future. i know mike is necessary for the operation, but walt has been known to be easily and totally blinded by greed. a few examples include: persuading jesse to expand their coverage to other crew's territories, working with tuco, missing the birth of his kid to make the drop with gus. it would seem fitting that he would convince himself he could take over the business side of the operation and plan to kill mike. didn't they say in the second episode of the season that mike used to be a cop on the east coast? walt picked up the gun on the east coast in the first episode...

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #362 on: July 30, 2012, 11:32:38 PM »
Yes, he was suggesting that perhaps Gus slit his own man's throat in front of them not only as a threat, but also because the guy was getting too comfortable with his relationship with Gus and "taking liberties that weren't his to take."  However, Walt never just wonders something aloud to another character.  He is always deliberate with his words and plants seeds of thought.  In this case, it was a
thinly veiled threat toward jesse
, making him question his immunity from Walt.  He wouldn't casually say that out of nowhere, and especially not after Jesse just undermined his first stand-off with Mike as a partner.  And if he did ever loosely share such thoughts without insinuating a threat, then the writers of the show certainly wouldn't use that as the ender of an episode.  He was warning him to not "fly too close to the sun," i.e. Icarus: over-ambition, insubordination, death...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icarus
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:34:23 PM by chuck d »

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #363 on: July 31, 2012, 12:08:10 AM »
Yes, he was suggesting that perhaps Gus slit his own man's throat in front of them not only as a threat, but also because the guy was getting too comfortable with his relationship with Gus and "taking liberties that weren't his to take."  However, Walt never just wonders something aloud to another character.  He is always deliberate with his words and plants seeds of thought.  In this case, it was a
Expand Quote
thinly veiled threat toward jesse
[close]
, making him question his immunity from Walt.  He wouldn't casually say that out of nowhere, and especially not after Jesse just undermined his first stand-off with Mike as a partner.  And if he did ever loosely share such thoughts without insinuating a threat, then the writers of the show certainly wouldn't use that as the ender of an episode.  He was warning him to not "fly too close to the sun," i.e. Icarus: over-ambition, insubordination, death...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icarus
are you referring to my post? i was never confused about what he was explicitly saying he thought was gus' reasoning in killing the hispanic henchman. my point was that walt knows how close mike and jesse are, he couldn't just go ahead and kill mike without trying to influence jesse into thinking it was the right choice to make. and mike's legacy fund could easily be considered to be "liberties that weren't his to take." however, jesse made it clear that he disagrees with walt on the matter, so walt bringing up the hh's death would be the seed planting for him to get jesse to side with him. why would walt kill jesse? he'd probably have to kill mike too if he did anyway. then mike being from the east (again, i think) and walt buying a gun in the east (and saying it was for use in the area) seemed to connect for me. i get where you're coming from though, and you're probably right. jesse kinda reminds me of the hispanic henchman now that i really think about it.

holden caulfield

• Rep: -33
« Reply #364 on: July 31, 2012, 05:56:43 AM »
It seemed like it was definitely a threat aimed at Jesse, but I am not even sure why he would do that. What liberty did Jesse take exactly? He is one of the 3 "equal" partners and had every right to voice his opinion on that matter. And Walt is an idiot if he cant see why its necessary to pay those dudes off.

Also, I watched a Malcolm in the Middle rerun last night a few hours after Breaking Bad and it was just a mind fuck.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #365 on: July 31, 2012, 08:08:17 AM »
gonna be so bummed if walt doesn't end up spearing marie.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #366 on: July 31, 2012, 11:28:53 AM »
To me it seemed like Walt was referring to Mike when he was talking to Jesse, as Mike "took the liberty" of paying his guys out of Walt and Jesse's share without notifying them about it beforehand.  I don't thnk Walt has any reason to threaten Jesse, at least at this point.  Jesse hasn't done anything wrong as far as I can see.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #367 on: July 31, 2012, 12:21:28 PM »
^good analysis

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #368 on: July 31, 2012, 12:24:29 PM »
Someone start a pool, I call Skyler kills Walt.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

The White Birch

• Rep: -2
« Reply #369 on: July 31, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »
I think there will be a hamlet-esque ending, leaving only the roomba alive. Yeah, I'd like that

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #370 on: July 31, 2012, 02:17:01 PM »
mike and jesse will skip off into the new mexico sunset together and all will be well.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #371 on: July 31, 2012, 03:27:48 PM »
mike and jesse will skip off into the new mexico sunset together and all will be well.
the final shot will be jesse putting on the heisenberg hat and saying "drive."
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2533
« Reply #372 on: July 31, 2012, 03:44:39 PM »
I wish Bipsmound was still around to make a "choose your own adventure: Breaking Bad edition" thread.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #373 on: July 31, 2012, 03:52:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
the final shot will be jesse putting on the heisenberg hat and saying "drive."
I think you may have just won.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #374 on: July 31, 2012, 06:42:38 PM »

I will be furious if this happens

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #375 on: August 01, 2012, 02:31:39 PM »
Mike is one of the greatest characters on TV.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #376 on: August 01, 2012, 06:50:51 PM »
To me it seemed like Walt was referring to Mike when he was talking to Jesse, as Mike "took the liberty" of paying his guys out of Walt and Jesse's share without notifying them about it beforehand.  I don't thnk Walt has any reason to threaten Jesse, at least at this point.  Jesse hasn't done anything wrong as far as I can see.
glad someone agrees. but i wouldn't be surprised if walt's ignorant ass ends up offing jesse over some insignificant ass shit like that.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #377 on: August 05, 2012, 10:17:07 PM »
i always am bummed when an episode centers around skyler being dramatic. I mean she has reason but this was just frustrating. The preview for the next episode has them going out to get methalmine themselves, which seems like its the madrigal corp chick setting them up. anyone else?
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

LesbianPUNCH

« Reply #378 on: August 05, 2012, 10:45:47 PM »
I missed episode two, so I didn't really understand her (Lydia) role in tonights episode.  Crooked trifling hooch?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:51:53 PM by LesbianPUNCH »

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #379 on: August 06, 2012, 12:47:05 AM »

Either she kills him or he kills her, at this point it seems pretty much inevitable.

I missed episode two, so I didn't really understand her (Lydia) role in tonights episode.  Crooked trifling hooch?

Just another cog in the wheel at Madrigal. Keeping the necessary supplies off the corporate books. At least, as far as I can tell.

foureyedjim

« Reply #380 on: August 06, 2012, 01:00:24 AM »
I missed episode two, so I didn't really understand her (Lydia) role in tonights episode.  Crooked trifling hooch?

dude, just watch it online
side reel has a bunch working links the night it airs

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #381 on: August 06, 2012, 01:16:52 AM »
Come to think of it, Walt stashed that Ricin-laced cigarette right next to the bed. That seems like all too perfect a piece of foreshadowing for him not to kill her.

Edit: not to mention the whole first episode introduction where he's reaching his 52nd birthday without wearing his wedding ring.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 02:09:01 AM by Mooley »

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #382 on: August 06, 2012, 01:31:40 AM »
Come to think of it, Walt stashed that Ricin-laced cigarette right next to the bed. That seems like all too perfect a piece of foreshadowing for him not to kill her.

Skyler is the worst, in past seasons it got to point whenever I saw her dumb duck face on the screen I had to fast forward. Walt is way more likeable now  that he has stopped worrying and gone full alpha. Hank has become more likeable too. Every character on this show aside from Mike was unbearably annoying in past seasons and Walt Jr. always topped it off. I wanted them all to die, and if it was The Wire they would be dead.

Also, it's interesting how Walt got into making meth with the idea for a quick cash fix but now it has consumed his entire being, he is a totally different person, though his gentle side still does comes up at home.

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #383 on: August 06, 2012, 06:09:59 AM »

LesbianPUNCH

« Reply #384 on: August 06, 2012, 09:27:08 AM »
Someone mentioned their thoughts on Walt Jr. eating raisin bran crunch instead of pancakes in an earlier episode and perhaps that could be a significant clue.  He's getting older, maybe curious about cigarettes...He dead.  Either way, Walt will use the ricin smoke to try and kill Skyler.  One of them will go. 

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
« Reply #385 on: August 06, 2012, 11:34:42 AM »
The last few seconds of the episode are definitely indication that there is a ticking time bomb that is about to explode. They haven't been shy at all about calling Walter "explosive" or a "time bomb".

I couldn't believe it's only been a year in their lives. During the course of a year, Walter has gone from a fumbling, submissive personality...to a full-blown narcissistic, morally corrupt, alpha-male. Skyler has gone from a loving, caring wife, to a manipulative, calculating cheater, and then to a dead-soul, hopeless, submissive type. Walter Jr. has gone from liking pancakes, to cereal.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #386 on: August 06, 2012, 12:26:04 PM »
The last few seconds of the episode are definitely indication that there is a ticking time bomb that is about to explode. They haven't been shy at all about calling Walter "explosive" or a "time bomb".

I couldn't believe it's only been a year in their lives. During the course of a year, Walter has gone from a fumbling, submissive personality...to a full-blown narcissistic, morally corrupt, alpha-male. Skyler has gone from a loving, caring wife, to a manipulative, calculating cheater, and then to a dead-soul, hopeless, submissive type. Walter Jr. has gone from liking pancakes, to cereal.

Umm did you see his face when Skyler grabbed his bacon to make the "1" bigger on Walt's birthday breakfast? He was two spoonfuls of fruity pebbles away from seizing up and foaming at the mouth.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #387 on: August 06, 2012, 01:29:59 PM »

Ed Templeton's minion

• Rep: -7
« Reply #388 on: August 06, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »
Know where I could watch Season 5, episode 5?????
I hate people who watch your every move.

backagain

• Rep: 8
« Reply #389 on: August 06, 2012, 01:52:59 PM »
Know where I could watch Season 5, episode 5?????
It's not out yet. Episode four just came out last night.