"on black box, maybe."
rawbertson streetwear
Element!
pǝʞooɹʞ
oxymoron riser pads
my penis grip
plan b.
NEW SF THINK PRO?!

Author Topic: Appleyard QUITS Flip and Ricta  (Read 38051 times)

Re: Appleyard QUITS Flip and Ricta
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2010, 04:09:56 PM »
Bob back on Anit-Hero would be so tits! TX should be on DGK.

TX on Listen would be fucking awesome!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2010, 04:20:19 PM »
David Gonzales is from Columbia, not Brazil.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2010, 04:29:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this guy is  perfect for slave. still don't think he actually left flip
[close]
how the fuck is he perfect for slave , that shit aint logical
word on the streets hes going roger
Expand Quote
not to be a buzzkill but i always got the vibe that appleyard could give a fuck about what company he rides for.

flip is okay by me. i like the brazilians.
[close]
dudes all about the money now , i dont blame him though.
[close]

i dont think he is, i remember in an interview around when extremely sorry dropped(i think it was on slap) he said he wasnt above getting a job and didnt mind the idea of doing that and I respect him a lot more for saying that. having said that, i definitely think he deserves to be getting paid a shit load more than he is right now, but dumping flip for another co isnt the answer, globe blows ass and he should be getting that nike money or even DC dollars. converse is small enough to support apples, they should get apples on.
[close]

he also recognized he was a damn lazy on the last 5 years, cause the main footage of his part was filmed around 04-05'.

[close]

So hes lazy cause he finished his part super early?  I thought getting work done early was the opposite of lazy....
[close]

ye hes being lazy! he finished his part early only because he was thinkin his stuff was already too good, and he didnt need to try bigger shit
the result was that his xsorry footy was the worst one of the trilogy.. and even though hes my fav skater hes pretty much the one whos putting the lamest shit out of the company.. im talking about tricks and statements

ok yall can thing thats just cuz im brazilian.. but the zilians in the team keep shreddin n shredin!! and dont come talkin about gonzales, he deserved the last part, shit was too gnarls

nonetheless, its ok if he wants to leave... but aint with no reason that people hate on the SLAP pals, kids be sayin way too wack shit on these boards

i dunno, i think it was cool that he didn't go "balls to the walls" and torture himself for a video part and stress out. what you saw in his part he can do on the daily which is really sick if you think about it. i liked that flip yardsale thing on thrasher where phelps was asking him what was gonna be in his part and he's like, "who gives a shit, does it matter ? some tricks or something." he's got style, what he does is good, he has modest sponsors, doesn't ask for millions of dollars or kooky sponsors or have any pretense or act like a douchebag, and isn't skating suppose to be about having fun and not taking it too seriously? that its a lifestyle not just some sport where things should be ranked and numbered, whos the best whos the worst? its fun to do all that sometimes but skateboardings about more than video parts and rankings, so whatever, i liked the part for what it is, he's already put out so much good shit and he's still putting out good stylish footage.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2010, 05:06:18 PM »
I seriously can't imagine some of the ideas thrown out there. Slave? Krooked? Really?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

newincident

• Rep: -8
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2010, 05:19:22 PM »
its not Columbia its Colombia....

newincident

• Rep: -8
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2010, 05:20:27 PM »
And yes how much longer until TX gets on DGK, he rides Kayo boards anyways , check all the last ADS big LRG sticker to cover the obvious

RRRRRAD

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2010, 06:24:48 PM »
ATTENTION ED TEMPLETON: GET GEOFF ROWLEY ON TOY MACHINE ASAP

YES

FTPBRAIN

• Rep: -5
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2010, 08:41:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

YES

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2010, 09:57:32 PM »

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2010, 10:32:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Bob back on Anit-Hero would be so tits! TX should be on DGK.
[close]

TX on Listen would be fucking awesome!

always thought rodrigo would get kicked off before anyone else due to the vibes.

raul

« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2010, 10:34:09 PM »
isn't skating suppose to be about having fun and not taking it too seriously? that its a lifestyle not just some sport where things should be ranked and numbered, whos the best whos the worst? its fun to do all that sometimes but skateboardings about more than video parts and rankings

If that were entirely true in the professional skateboarding world, I'd have a board with my name on it, and be getting thousands of dollars worth of free product every month. It's always great to read pros not take skateboarding so seriously, it's so appealing. But as soon as they start slipping, no matter who it is, people will start to doubt. This is a very come-and-go industry and everyone who is fortunate enough to have made something from this should take care not to slip up or take too long a breather. That said, I'll agree with you on this.

i liked the part for what it is, he's already put out so much good shit and he's still putting out good stylish footage.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2010, 10:51:24 PM »

to lazy to read this whole thread.  don't know if it's true or not.  But regardless,

Bobbito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2010, 09:50:21 AM »
I'd be down. Flip hasn't been doing it for me since Sorry came out. And yeah, extremely sorry was pretty crazy but what the fuck, I don't care about those random songs they have plus the animation is cheesy.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2010, 11:16:02 AM »
Expand Quote
isn't skating suppose to be about having fun and not taking it too seriously? that its a lifestyle not just some sport where things should be ranked and numbered, whos the best whos the worst? its fun to do all that sometimes but skateboardings about more than video parts and rankings
[close]

If that were entirely true in the professional skateboarding world, I'd have a board with my name on it, and be getting thousands of dollars worth of free product every month. It's always great to read pros not take skateboarding so seriously, it's so appealing. But as soon as they start slipping, no matter who it is, people will start to doubt. This is a very come-and-go industry and everyone who is fortunate enough to have made something from this should take care not to slip up or take too long a breather. That said, I'll agree with you on this.

Expand Quote
i liked the part for what it is, he's already put out so much good shit and he's still putting out good stylish footage.
[close]

i meant that in the sense that hes already an established pro and put out a lot of amazing footy and I think hes at the point where he can put out random but solid footage the way carroll does these days, but I don't think its ok for ams and new pros who haven't put out shit and think its ok to do nothing and try getting away with it.

brazillionaire

• Rep: 11
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2010, 11:28:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i can agree on that as well.. i mean, sometimes it just makes you a little pissed that them boys be living the dream and apparently not giving shit.. but i had the privilege to watch mark's really sorry part as my first legit video ever.. that changed my life, i can give him a break hahah

i just cant get why kids here be hating on flip.. its obvious that the company suffered a major fall sometime ago, but that was due some infelitious and unfortunely happenings, as all we know, the shane and ali crash and, i dont knnow, salabanzi existencial problems  and arto wanting to lipslide kinked shit for alien... xsorry showed up that Flip is dope and had hella guts to handle the situation

and now people are just wanting the company to DISBAND!! even geoff fuckin rowley.. common, yall gotta be kidding me

word.

« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2010, 11:01:23 PM »

I'd be down. Flip hasn't been doing it for me since Sorry came out. And yeah, extremely sorry was pretty crazy but what the fuck, I don't care about those random songs they have plus the animation is cheesy. [/quote]

If you don't care why is it a issue?
Should let the skating do the talking regardless of random songs and cheesy anything..
And the skating in all stated videos has been raw as fuck

ruiner2

• Rep: -25
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2010, 10:04:11 PM »
appleyard is not gonna ride for slave

streetPirate22

• Rep: 21
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2010, 12:22:35 PM »
Bout time, I don't like that little kid direction either. I def prefer the Flip of old, I'm talking Sorry video or earlier.

DEDBBIS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2010, 01:28:43 PM »
I asked one of the Flip filmers about this over the weekend, he said he'd never heard anything about it.

There ain't no shit on T.V. tonight

tim

• Rep: 74
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2010, 07:31:47 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say something I know I will be crucified for. I don't like Appleyard's skating. Yes, he does some super sick shit. It's his casualness on his board that for whatever reason doesn't sit well with me. He looks just an non-chalant on his board doing something down a 12 stair as he does kickturning on a bank. It just bugs me.
You have me mistaken with someone that is important.

Yes, I'm gay. What of it?

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2010, 07:35:05 AM »
I thought that was a good thing ? Being able to make everything look really chill and effortless

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -487
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2010, 08:26:24 AM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say something I know I will be crucified for. I don't like Appleyard's skating. Yes, he does some super sick shit. It's his casualness on his board that for whatever reason doesn't sit well with me. He looks just an non-chalant on his board doing something down a 12 stair as he does kickturning on a bank. It just bugs me.

Ahhh sarcasm...this is sarcasm right?

tim

• Rep: 74
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2010, 08:53:45 AM »
His casualness comes off as a stiffness rather than a casual flow.
You have me mistaken with someone that is important.

Yes, I'm gay. What of it?

S.F.A.

• Rep: 17
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2010, 09:53:36 AM »
i keep hoping this is true, but its seems to be nothing more than another thread of crap and dreams.

Randozzi

« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2010, 10:01:54 AM »
more time well spent looking at the pages of the SLAP forum.

Se7en

• Rep: 2
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2010, 10:03:52 AM »

huh?

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2010, 10:21:31 AM »
dreamy...
ableSkateMag.com

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2010, 10:43:51 AM »

yeah he is really good skateboarder but personally not my favorite either - my favorite is probably andrew allen, for basically that opposite reason - it looks liek he has to try way harder when he is doing his trricks and he is giving 2000% and he gets me stoked on taking slams again

skatefideo

• Rep: -10
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2010, 11:53:14 AM »
My nose is bleeding.

styll

« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2010, 12:23:58 PM »
he's on element.