Author Topic: Official Battle At The Berrics 3 Thread  (Read 181505 times)

Lenny the Fatface

Re: Official Battle At The Berrics 3 Thread
« Reply #570 on: June 26, 2010, 07:09:45 AM »
That was a pretty good game,  Biebel and Appleyard should be pretty good too.

ThatOneGuy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #571 on: June 26, 2010, 07:10:09 AM »
hahahaha Ramondetta was going for the throat with all those heelflip variations at the end. Mo deserves the win for sticking in there plus hes fuckin injured so props to him.

citycity

• Rep: -103
« Reply #572 on: June 26, 2010, 07:13:19 AM »
mo's switch heel!   :o

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #573 on: June 26, 2010, 07:19:07 AM »
Ramondetta would have landed that durn 360 if he would have waxed the board under his wheels. Wheelbite be gone!
Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

citycity

« Reply #574 on: June 26, 2010, 07:43:13 AM »
Two questions:   Who has all they're pick's correct so far.

And what matches are still left besides beebs and apples

Nameuser

• Rep: -57
« Reply #575 on: June 26, 2010, 07:50:39 AM »
That was a nail biter fo' sho.

citycity

« Reply #576 on: June 26, 2010, 07:58:35 AM »
Also is Apple's on element?

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #577 on: June 26, 2010, 08:20:51 AM »

me

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
« Reply #578 on: June 26, 2010, 08:23:44 AM »
Best match by far. That is going to be tough to top.

DeerTay

• Rep: -5
« Reply #579 on: June 26, 2010, 08:25:19 AM »

I do...

citycity

« Reply #580 on: June 26, 2010, 08:45:24 AM »
me too!

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #581 on: June 26, 2010, 08:56:37 AM »
Peter is so good.  I knew that match wouldn't suck.

The Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #582 on: June 26, 2010, 09:02:31 AM »
Peter is so good.  I knew that match wouldn't suck.
  So true...

Good game.  I thought Pete had it for sure when Mo missed his first trick. 

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #583 on: June 26, 2010, 09:13:44 AM »
damn definitely the best match so far
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

CrapShoes

« Reply #584 on: June 26, 2010, 09:51:31 AM »
i wanted ramondetta to win.

robasheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #585 on: June 26, 2010, 10:07:32 AM »
anyone else catch cory kennedy's back smith to crook in the pregame interview for ramondetta vs. mo? goddamn.

I think it was a front feeble to crook. 

mcpeepants

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #586 on: June 26, 2010, 10:40:09 AM »
Expand Quote
dear malto. learn to call a botched nollie full cab flip properly. mo didnt land it right the first or second time. ramondetta should have had one less letter. the second mo landing was uber reverted and i wouldnt have counted it. i actually had mo as my pic to win but that shit wont fly for me.
[close]

maybe it's just me, but this kind of sentiment, i.e. jockish the-refs-totally-blow kinda thing, has no place in skateboarding. am I speaking out of turn when I say keep that shit on the football field with the concussions and jock straps?

alright, so what about the bracket? you know sports like basketball and football use brackets too? ew, so jockish!

On a more positive note, most of the games have been pretty good so far. I was rooting for Peter, but they both put up a good fight. I'm always surprised when someone has heelflip variations on lock.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #587 on: June 26, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »
That was a good game, although I was rooting for Ramondetta

citycity

« Reply #588 on: June 26, 2010, 10:58:40 AM »
So does anyone know if Appleyard is on Element?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #589 on: June 26, 2010, 11:41:07 AM »
Expand Quote
dear malto. learn to call a botched nollie full cab flip properly. mo didnt land it right the first or second time. ramondetta should have had one less letter. the second mo landing was uber reverted and i wouldnt have counted it. i actually had mo as my pic to win but that shit wont fly for me.
[close]

maybe it's just me, but this kind of sentiment, i.e. jockish the-refs-totally-blow kinda thing, has no place in skateboarding. am I speaking out of turn when I say keep that shit on the football field with the concussions and jock straps?

Trying to say the revert stuff shouldn't count makes no sense. It's not like they landed at 180 and reverted the rest of the way to 360. They fluidly slid after landing like 270-300.

Ramondetta won that game, wt.. mike mo pulling out desperation sex change maneuvers to get the win.

You're an idiot. Those absurd/dork tricks are what you watch games of SKATE for (at least that's what I watch for). And after a game is going for as long as this one did, you have to start pulling crazy shit out of the bag.

Davy

« Reply #590 on: June 26, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
me

Mr.Blonde

• Rep: -150
  • "Your fucking with my z-rollers"
« Reply #591 on: June 26, 2010, 11:54:42 AM »
regardless of who won, peter is still the man,
he is not a role model. he's not paid to be a role model. he's paid to wreak havoc on his skateboard. parents should be role models. just because he rides a skateboard doesn't mean he should raise your kids.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #592 on: June 26, 2010, 11:56:55 AM »
I just rewatched the match and I'm happy that Mike Mo actually did an impossible to match Ramondetta's actual impossible.

StarkyLove

• Rep: -119
« Reply #593 on: June 26, 2010, 11:57:55 AM »
good game, the best man won

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #594 on: June 26, 2010, 12:13:24 PM »
jesus that was good

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #595 on: June 26, 2010, 12:27:21 PM »
man i just found out this was going down this morning. the only guys who have had unique styles so far are mike mo and pj ladd, and shane oneil. everyone else is a complete clone who has no chance. oh fuc sorry i missed chris cole. benny fairfax is fucking sick too but he seems so much crappier than everyone else because he skates so much regular. but he is actually fucking amazing which stokes me so much. i dont even see why people do straight flip tricks anymore-  there has not been ONE letter given off a straight flip trick so far and i have been watching. and for the most part, over 90% of people are landing ALL 180 flip tricks. its gettig really nuts how good these guys are. you basically have to know what the other guy is good at / shitty at in order to win at this point. that is why this batb is actually one of the best, if you noticed koston went for the throat on heeflip tricks and i like how strategy and not just fun is taking a part in this. its great. it is a contest i can really really enjoy moreso than any other sporting event. especailly the shitty ass world cup.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #596 on: June 26, 2010, 12:33:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
beible looks baked.
[close]
Don't worry, he has a medical condition that he is treating.
I was expecting Kennedy to wipe the floor with Cao. I was pleasantly surprised when he didn't.
[close]
are thos medicimal cards easy to get, I have a Canadian friend who visit's cali and got one, just by showing them a scar from a compound fracture on his forarm.
[close]
The scenario your friend is describing is at least illegal, if not entirely made up. You MUST be a California resident with a driver's license or state ID to get a medical marijuana card. Also, I don't think a scar counts as a legal reason for a recommendation. Maybe he went to a sketchy place that gives out illegitimate prescriptions (which many dispensaries still accept), or got a fake ID and told them some story about the scar that made it seem like a current ailment.

But in answer to your question- VERY VERY easy
[close]
I don't know, he showed me a pretty official looking California medicimal marijuana card, and told me he used a friend is cali's address to obtain it. He was talking about these dispenseries and shit, seems pretty crazy. I just buy weed of this dude down the street.
[close]
you can get a legit medical card pretty easy, and i sketchy one even easier. the weed at the dispensaries is top quality, and with the card, you can legally carry up to a certain amount.
Listen, everytime you go to a marijuana club they will ask to see a california state id as well as your prescription. Every time. The card is 100% useless without a real California ID. If a cop stopped you, he would arrest you.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Trying to say the revert stuff shouldn't count makes no sense. It's not like they landed at 180 and reverted the rest of the way to 360. They fluidly slid after landing like 270-300.

Were you not watching the same game as the rest of us? He landed the 360 then spun out of control for another 180 degrees. Definitely should be a redo/ not count.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

alright, so what about the bracket? you know sports like basketball and football use brackets too? ew, so jockish!

On a more positive note, most of the games have been pretty good so far. I was rooting for Peter, but they both put up a good fight. I'm always surprised when someone has heelflip variations on lock.
Those sports are definitively jockish. I don't know what you are trying to prove with that point.
The reason I don't feel jockish about watching this is that I really don't have a guy picked to win, I just like to see good games of skate where pro skaters are pushing eachother to try some wild shit. I'm much more satisfied when a dude sets a damn near impossible trick and the other guy lands it too. There is a competitive element to it, but its also just fun to watch.
man i just found out this was going down this morning. the only guys who have had unique styles so far are mike mo and pj ladd, and shane oneil. everyone else is a complete clone who has no chance. oh fuc sorry i missed chris cole. benny fairfax is fucking sick too but he seems so much crappier than everyone else because he skates so much regular. but he is actually fucking amazing which stokes me so much. i dont even see why people do straight flip tricks anymore-  there has not been ONE letter given off a straight flip trick so far and i have been watching. and for the most part, over 90% of people are landing ALL 180 flip tricks. its gettig really nuts how good these guys are. you basically have to know what the other guy is good at / shitty at in order to win at this point. that is why this batb is actually one of the best, if you noticed koston went for the throat on heeflip tricks and i like how strategy and not just fun is taking a part in this. its great. it is a contest i can really really enjoy moreso than any other sporting event. especailly the shitty ass world cup.
So, the only ones who have unique styles in your opinion, are the ones that everybody else call styleless robot clones?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #597 on: June 26, 2010, 12:40:46 PM »
 good hustle from mo despite the injuries, looking forward to the post game interview with coach smyth and mike.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #598 on: June 26, 2010, 01:08:48 PM »
my bracket was fucked like a few weeks ago i think when gilbert crockett lost. i think the body varial was fuckin gay and if my homie did that to me in a game of skate i'd make him do another trick.  i agree the whistle and ref jersey is a little much but whatever. i'm more bummed they keep using people that are in the battle as refs. throw the veterans in there as refs not cory and malto. i think veterans would be more particular and maybe a little more strict which would make for a sicker game. oh and the way mike mo was catching almost every trick so tweaked and stomping the 180s so proper that definitely got me pysched to skate. while ramondettas style made me want to take a shit. i picked heath to win it because it was either him or mj or busenitz but i just dont think mj will take it too seriously. but i hope he does and proves everybody wrong like the sharks didn't this year....
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #599 on: June 26, 2010, 01:52:58 PM »
It's crazy, mike mo was hurt and ramondetta still barely stood a chance.