Author Topic: Stay Gold - Offical Thread  (Read 280124 times)

popsiclesandskatin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -14
Re: Stay Gold PREMIERE
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2010, 04:44:35 PM »
so maybe Heath's part of the credits had something in it

GET_OUT

« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »
I'm wouldn't doubt this being Heath's last part. Beagle sat beside me and Heath sat behind me so I overheard them talking about it and He definitely seemed over it. When people started walking out during the credits he was pretty unenthusiastic about it. Haha he was actually yelling at people calling them inconsiderate fucks for not paying homage to the credits and I don't think half of them knew it was Heath yelling at them. 

I did see Heath yelling..it was for that reason?

smokecrack

« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2010, 05:16:33 PM »
http://emerica.com/news/2010/08/18/stay-gold-premiere-tonight-at-pharmacy-hollywood/
second hollywood premier tonight at pharmacy

shit, i wanna go to this. i have 4 hours to get to l.a. damn, i gotta figure this one out cuz im dying to see this vid

bob

• Rep: -19
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2010, 05:24:07 PM »
Ok.

I didn't think the video was that great it had so much hype behind it. Please hear me out I'm not trying to disrespect the video. Stay Gold was hyped up since 2003 it took them 7 years to release it not to mention it was suppose to be out in 2006? They pushed it back 4 years...

The video was sick and all that but definitely not the best of all time maybe in the top 20. My favorite parts would have to go to Leo, Herman, and Marquis. Maybe I am just growing out of these trendy brands that were cool back in 2000.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 05:29:27 PM by bob »

GET_OUT

« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2010, 06:52:09 PM »
Ok.

I didn't think the video was that great it had so much hype behind it. Please hear me out I'm not trying to disrespect the video. Stay Gold was hyped up since 2003 it took them 7 years to release it not to mention it was suppose to be out in 2006? They pushed it back 4 years...

The video was sick and all that but definitely not the best of all time maybe in the top 20. My favorite parts would have to go to Leo, Herman, and Marquis. Maybe I am just growing out of these trendy brands that were cool back in 2000.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2010, 07:23:39 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm wouldn't doubt this being Heath's last part. Beagle sat beside me and Heath sat behind me so I overheard them talking about it and He definitely seemed over it. When people started walking out during the credits he was pretty unenthusiastic about it. Haha he was actually yelling at people calling them inconsiderate fucks for not paying homage to the credits and I don't think half of them knew it was Heath yelling at them. 
[close]

I did see Heath yelling..it was for that reason?
Haha yep, that tis indeed why he was yelling.

o JayCub o

• Rep: -4
« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2010, 07:43:33 PM »
I didnt see anyone mention anything about Brandon Westgate's ollie that was on the cover of Skateboarder. Was the footage of it in there or no?

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2010, 09:01:07 PM »
I didnt see anyone mention anything about Brandon Westgate's ollie that was on the cover of Skateboarder. Was the footage of it in there or no?

frenchtoast

• Rep: -55
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #278 on: August 18, 2010, 09:19:06 PM »
Some people are so overly hyped on this. Just because you have to wait til Sept 1 (that's like a week and a half away) doesn't mean the video is gonna lose its power.
I'm stoked to see this as much as anyone on here, but I'm not ready to go batshit crazy until the Real video

all my stay gold hype just went away when i remembered there is a real video coming holy fuck im pumped now haha

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #279 on: August 18, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Some people are so overly hyped on this. Just because you have to wait til Sept 1 (that's like a week and a half away) doesn't mean the video is gonna lose its power.
I'm stoked to see this as much as anyone on here, but I'm not ready to go batshit crazy until the Real video
[close]

all my stay gold hype just went away when i remembered there is a real video coming holy fuck im pumped now haha

Why not be hyped on 2 videos? They are obviously gonna be very different...

Pryme

« Reply #280 on: August 18, 2010, 10:35:43 PM »
Ok.

Nobody listen to this kid he is a FUCKING IDIOT the video is amazing and anyone that watches it can tell the Emerica guys actually put time and effort into this video. Stay gold sets the bar for future videos everyone needs to go out and buy it sept 1 guarantee you it will be worth your money because you'll watch it 1,000 times and it will get you hyped to skate everyday.

frontsidecuntslide

• Rep: 5
« Reply #281 on: August 18, 2010, 11:15:53 PM »

Yeah it was sick, he clipped slightly but it was still awesome.

kazbenson

• Rep: -271
« Reply #282 on: August 18, 2010, 11:41:33 PM »
Any links to watch stay gold on youtube?
koston's career isn't based on the site...

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #283 on: August 19, 2010, 12:21:52 AM »
just came back from the free screening and if im not mistaken reynolds skates to animal collective? not too sure since the cheers were so dense.

drowe1

• Rep: -16
« Reply #284 on: August 19, 2010, 12:30:15 AM »
just came back from the free screening and if im not mistaken reynolds skates to animal collective? not too sure since the cheers were so dense.
its not animal collective its edward sharpe the songs called om nashi me or something like that.
I'll leave out enders but heres my take.
Video was awesome. It had a really sick vibe, a cool artsy feel but not too much.
Heath's part is before the intro to the video. handful of amazing tricks and the mega ramp.
Filming was really good. There were alot of these sick above angles that looked really good.
westgate murders everything. really good super long part.
herman has 2 parts. one picnic table LA school yard part and then another after that. The most gangsta part ever, his style is the shit.
marquise had a long part, los of bangers and some sick as front bigspins.
spanky has some good f/s flips.
provost was sick a lot tranny.
tancowny had all big shit.
hsu has a stress out montage and then an all switch part. kinda short but all amazing shit.
braydon had more than i expected. alittle short but some good stuff.
suski killed it. so much cool differnt type shit in his part.
figgy skates some of biggest rails ever and he does nollie, and flips into crazy grinds.
leo also crazy. has a super crazy part with some grinds up rails and shit but a lot of the same tricks you expect.
reynold kills the gaps but also rails and sick tech shit too. lots of flip tricks. his part got me so hyped it was insane. 
senn, ben kran, marisa and some others had some stuff after the video before the credits.

my favorites were westgate, herman, and reynolds.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 01:18:57 AM by drowe1 »

pube tube

• Rep: 42
« Reply #285 on: August 19, 2010, 12:33:54 AM »
Saw it tonight, Reynolds basically took a fat turd on skateboarding.

bob

• Rep: -19
« Reply #286 on: August 19, 2010, 01:02:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Ok.

[close]

Nobody listen to this kid he is a FUCKING IDIOT the video is amazing and anyone that watches it can tell the Emerica guys actually put time and effort into this video. Stay gold sets the bar for future videos everyone needs to go out and buy it sept 1 guarantee you it will be worth your money because you'll watch it 1,000 times and it will get you hyped to skate everyday.

Ok Heath..

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #287 on: August 19, 2010, 01:14:58 AM »
Saw it tonight, Reynolds basically took a fat turd on skateboarding.

This is good to hear. I thought Leo would have the best part but it looks like Reynolds is killing it harder than ever.

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2010, 02:37:51 AM »
to soon to ask for a pm with a download link inside?  ;D
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

Blastoise

• Rep: 1
« Reply #289 on: August 19, 2010, 02:46:56 AM »
his last trick is frontside flip that double set reynolds backside flips in baker/deathwish it has brick ground they film it from above.

50% sure this might even be abd from my end of the world...

letsgobois

• Rep: -25
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #290 on: August 19, 2010, 04:08:29 AM »
When is the ETA for web leak?

Stanley Hol

• Rep: -9
« Reply #291 on: August 19, 2010, 04:15:42 AM »
Reynolds is the Ryan Giggs of skateboarding.

No Templeton footage then?

What was leo's ender exactly?
Real Life.

Cashedout

• Rep: -6
« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2010, 04:16:25 AM »
Marquis got kicked out  literally seconds before his part came on. Westgates ollie was a super quick clip, Defiantly was into Westgate,Jerry's,Leo and Andrews parts the most...Bacon mentioned Reynolds noseslide 270 shuv at La Canada earlier, that shit was insane...

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #293 on: August 19, 2010, 07:44:26 AM »
Did Ed have any footage?

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
« Reply #294 on: August 19, 2010, 07:54:55 AM »
Expand Quote
his last trick is frontside flip that double set reynolds backside flips in baker/deathwish it has brick ground they film it from above.
[close]

Is that the double set Sheppard tres in what if, bastien bs flips in really sorry, reynolds fs flips in baker 3 and janoski switch flips ?

GET_OUT

« Reply #295 on: August 19, 2010, 08:09:34 AM »
Anyone know what Figgys song was? I actually liked it.

SouthJersey

• Rep: -36
« Reply #296 on: August 19, 2010, 08:35:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Why not be hyped on 2 videos? They are obviously gonna be very different...
Don't get it twisted, I'm hyped to see SG .. but I'm not gonna go camp out in front of my local shop, or fork out 50 bills for it to come Sept 1st. I'll probably pick it up in time. The real video, on the other hand, I'll try to snag that a little quicker. Just a personal preference

sk8fool

• Rep: -30
« Reply #297 on: August 19, 2010, 08:46:34 AM »
I am so pumped to see this! I was hoping for a bit more Heath though...

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #298 on: August 19, 2010, 09:00:14 AM »
Did Ed have any footage?
yeah he has teh first tricks in the credits montage. only a few but sick.
remember some more marquise shit, cant think of what  spots they were on but he does a sick frontshuv crook, frontshuv feeble and a kickflip 5-0 on some big rails.

HELON: sorry i didnt get back to you i left my phone in the car and got immediately drunk. my friend was filming the premiere so we got bracelets and mad PBR.

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #299 on: August 19, 2010, 09:05:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Is that the double set Sheppard tres in what if, bastien bs flips in really sorry, reynolds fs flips in baker 3 and janoski switch flips ?
no. baker/deathwish video reynolds backside flip, i think in fully flared cairo nollies it and koston switch back 180s it.