Author Topic: Stay Gold - Offical Thread  (Read 280123 times)

gmgscigmgsci

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Stay Gold - Offical Thread
« Reply #600 on: August 29, 2010, 06:31:46 PM »
The whole video is missing something. �Not just Heath's part... but there feels like there is something wrong with this video.

None of the parts fit.

Bryan

• Rep: -3
« Reply #601 on: August 29, 2010, 06:33:29 PM »
PM me as well

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #602 on: August 29, 2010, 07:23:19 PM »
That shit was straight up boring, the same tricks and the same spots, just which being done where was shuffled.
there was almost no point in the video where I was shocked or surprised by something somebody did.
Brandon Westgate was the exception to this, and fucking killed it.
Reynolds part was cool too I guess. He's got that non-challant style down huge shit down.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

TieDyedHipster

« Reply #603 on: August 29, 2010, 07:26:27 PM »
That shit was straight up boring, the same tricks and the same spots, just which being done where was shuffled.
there was almost no point in the video where I was shocked or surprised by something somebody did.
Reynolds part was cool too I guess. He's got that non-challant style down huge shit down.
Leo didn't phase you at all?

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #604 on: August 29, 2010, 07:28:36 PM »
Expand Quote
I seen the video y the fuck heath kirchet anit in the video.
[close]

yeah . . where's his part?

its going to be a bonus part on the dvd.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #605 on: August 29, 2010, 07:32:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think a lot of the stuff that may have was already in magazines and photos. I think my expectations were a bit higher than they should have been. Its really Leo's curse when I think about it. He's alright, people blow up my expectations of what I am going to see, and I end up let down. It's not really his fault though. His stuff took a lot of talent, but I don't know, it just didn't excite me.

DustyGozongas

• Rep: -11
  • I could smell ya gettin' off the elevator
« Reply #606 on: August 29, 2010, 07:33:33 PM »
Leo's ender was insane

TieDyedHipster

« Reply #607 on: August 29, 2010, 07:34:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I think a lot of the stuff that may have was already in magazines and photos. I think my expectations were a bit higher than they should have been. Its really Leo's curse when I think about it. He's alright, people blow up my expectations of what I am going to see, and I end up let down. It's not really his fault though. His stuff took a lot of talent, but I don't know, it just didn't excite me.
braydon's part surprised me. i enjoyed suski's part and Leo and Reynold's are just the man

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #608 on: August 29, 2010, 07:35:39 PM »
I have to agree with The Gipper. I haven't finished the whole video, but the hype it had didn't compare to what I saw. It was boring, I had higher expectations. There were still some good parts though.

TieDyedHipster

« Reply #609 on: August 29, 2010, 07:39:27 PM »
Leo's ender was insane
i actually said "holy shit" when i saw that. i thought of koston dressed as owen wilson

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #610 on: August 29, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »
I don't even remember what it was and I saw it less than an hour ago. I agree with whoever said Westgate was on some barley/senn shit, but it reminded me of something....
Where was Chris Senn's part?!?!
They advertized it like he was going to have one, and even had him in the "guess the order of the emerica video" contest.
bummer. I guess he's getting old.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #611 on: August 29, 2010, 07:59:02 PM »
Yea this video actually is pretty boring. I really only like the table section,preston, and reynolds. Leo is tight, but his part was nothing but rails. I hate to admit that gipper was somewhat right.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #612 on: August 29, 2010, 08:01:27 PM »
You have a point with something too. Herman's shit over the tables was pretty damn good.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
« Reply #613 on: August 29, 2010, 08:11:14 PM »
Westgate was my favorite part by far. He skated so fucking fast and charged at everything and he also did a 180 to over grind off a ledge  going mach 10 which is unheard of. The video was boring overall. No doubt about it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:13:04 PM by stephop »

kevbo999

« Reply #614 on: August 29, 2010, 08:16:41 PM »
Spanky, Figgy, Provost and Suski made this video longer/more boring than it should've been.  The lack of hijynx and the Zero-like music didn't help much either.

Everyone else really brought the goods though.  I'll have to watch it once or twice more.  I can't wait for Brainwash now.

Mackattack

« Reply #615 on: August 29, 2010, 08:20:44 PM »
I can't wait for Brainwash now.

Toy never fails.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #616 on: August 29, 2010, 08:29:25 PM »
Well I hate to stoop to this level, but since everyone else has seen it, I wouldn't mind a link. Don't go through any trouble though.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1643
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #617 on: August 29, 2010, 08:38:43 PM »
i remember being bummed out when I watched extremely sorry the first time.  It really was my fault for having my expectations so high.  That video was fucking sick and stay gold was fucking sick.  Just watch it with a completely open mind and it will be awesome.  Music and skating were really good.  I hope to see a senn and kirchart part but other than that it was awesome.  I am so happy transworld didn't pick the music hahaha
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Oni0nbelt

• Rep: 3
« Reply #618 on: August 29, 2010, 08:43:26 PM »
I actually really liked how it was put together. Edited well and song choices were mostly good.

I said Holy Shit out loud on a few occasions. I definitely didn't find it boring.

Laban Fetus

« Reply #619 on: August 29, 2010, 08:48:21 PM »
Spanky, Figgy, Provost and Suski made this video longer/more boring than it should've been.  The lack of hijynx and the Zero-like music didn't help much either.
I can understand not liking the skaters but the guys you mentioned had some of the more varied skating in the video. Spanky, Provost and Suski especially

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #620 on: August 29, 2010, 08:52:17 PM »
man i didnt know heath wasnt going to have a part that really fucked my viewing experience up. i feel like i did when free your mind came out and i watched the whole thing thinking there was going to be a gonz part.

the filming on that video was fucking incredible. i loved how much they showed pushing. and also there was not really 1 wack guy on the entire video... but for how much reynolds hyped this video up, it really did not live up to it, especially since all the best tricks were already in the promo or in magazines.

i felt like that video was a lot like the last emerica video only like a tiny bit better better tricks down the same spots.

i enjoyed it though, i am definitely going to buy it. but i liked mind field better, heath with the bs flip ender after he released the kickflip ad, and after black hammer too after dropping that ad... it was just pure genius the entire concept behind that...  like tricking everyone.

you remember the fallen video right? every fucking ender on the entire video was released as a poster in transworld months and months before the video dropped. completely ruined

i remember being bummed out when I watched extremely sorry the first time.  It really was my fault for having my expectations so high.  That video was fucking sick and stay gold was fucking sick.  Just watch it with a completely open mind and it will be awesome.  Music and skating were really good.  I hope to see a senn and kirchart part but other than that it was awesome.  I am so happy transworld didn't pick the music hahaha

i actually had horribly low expectations for extremely sorry because it was pretty obvious the company wasnt doing so well from a sales point of view. their ads got really stupid and more sparse and i just didnt sense their presence as a big player anymore. the video was super rugged though and basically delivered what i had expected. reynolds kickflip ender was pretty sick but i could have seen that coming from a mile away. very surprised it wasnt a fs flip, but that would have been like 10 enders in a row on a fs flip he had to just change it a bit haha.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #621 on: August 29, 2010, 10:11:07 PM »
Great vid, but didnt care too much for the music and they showed way too many slams.

Paper Crane

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #622 on: August 29, 2010, 10:32:05 PM »
pm

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #623 on: August 29, 2010, 10:41:33 PM »
Expand Quote
can i get a link...living in finland i will never see this otherwise...for like 4 months
[close]
What are you talking about?
Firstly the video is released through itunes on September 1st. (which has been stated numerous times)
Secondly, Finland is not Burkina Faso or Papa New Guinea - it's a first world country with cities, skateboard scenes and of course skate shops to purchase said video at.

There are no excuses in this day and age, you either choose to buy a video or not. If you really want to buy it I'm sure your shop (even if it is a few hours away) can order it in...

It probably will only be available in the North America iTunes store. If that's the case, you need to set up a new account and say you're from the states.

TieDyedHipster

« Reply #624 on: August 29, 2010, 10:45:05 PM »
i'm more pissed tempster didn't have a full part.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #625 on: August 29, 2010, 11:03:38 PM »
BUY THE VIDEO
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:23:47 AM by Randozzi »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

jayceedeecee

« Reply #626 on: August 29, 2010, 11:06:40 PM »
whenever someone gets the dvd in hand, they should totally rip Heath's part.  I was so bummed on him not having any footage

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #627 on: August 29, 2010, 11:08:31 PM »
Oh yeah, where was Ed's footy?!

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #628 on: August 29, 2010, 11:09:55 PM »
^ ed has a tranny line and then a quick footed ollie ollie noseblunt and that was it. it's in the credits.

just finished watching it and i was blown away by the parts that i liked, but a lot of them felt super short, like i don't understand how most of the parts seemed like they were maybe 2 mins when it took them seven years to make the video. i'm glad that i learned my lesson from the ride the sky mag hype and just swore off magazines this month, probably made the first view a lot better.
didn't expect much from figgy's part at all and liked it a lot, first kickflip smith on a rail i've ever seen.

jayceedeecee

« Reply #629 on: August 29, 2010, 11:12:00 PM »
^ ed has a tranny line and then a quick footed ollie ollie noseblunt and that was it. it's in the credits.

just finished watching it and i was blown away by the parts that i liked, but a lot of them felt super short, like i don't understand how most of the parts seemed like they were maybe 2 mins when it took them seven years to make the video. i'm glad that i learned my lesson from the ride the sky mag hype and just swore off magazines this month, probably made the first view a lot better.
didn't expect much from figgy's part at all and liked it a lot, first kickflip smith on a rail i've ever seen.

correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Haslam do one down Hollywood High in Round 3?