Author Topic: Stay Gold - Offical Thread  (Read 280134 times)

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
Re: Stay Gold - Offical Thread
« Reply #660 on: August 30, 2010, 04:05:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The "Let's take the last footage anyone is ever going to see of a legendary skater with amazing style, and hide it on the dvd in order to sell more copies" is the behavior of a douche.
[close]

Based on his sense of humor, I'd lean more towards it was Heaths idea. Moreso than Jon Minor trying to sell a few extra copies of a dvd thats already going to sell out of every shop, anyway. Why is everything made into a fucking conspiracy on this site?
[close]

You know you're on the SLAP forums right? Everything is made into a conspiracy

That's what they want you to think

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #661 on: August 30, 2010, 04:44:16 AM »
i have watched the dvd a couple of times ... you all better go out and buy it ... it is worth every dollar ... i mean ... this will probaly be the last dvd with a full reynolds and heath part (even if heath used some old footage) ... i still have the end and his skateboarding (both on VHS) ... so i just need this dvd ... the only let down was the herman part, sure it was sick ... but it is like reynolds said ... he did not really try at all ... to me it it seems like he filmed his part in a couple of weeks ... without any effort ... and where the fuck is leos cover ???

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #662 on: August 30, 2010, 04:55:18 AM »
i have watched the dvd a couple of times ... you all better go out and buy it ... it is worth every dollar ... i mean ... this will probaly be the last dvd with a full reynolds and heath part (even if heath used some old footage) ... i still have the end and his skateboarding (both on VHS) ... so i just need this dvd ... the only let down was the herman part, sure it was sick ... but it is like reynolds said ... he did not really try at all ... to me it it seems like he filmed his part in a couple of weeks ... without any effort ... and where the fuck is leos cover ???

after watching it a few times i realised how 90% of leos footage is whilst he was on baker... he obviously doesn't want any footage in his toy part to have him riding baker boards! so i'm guessing his cover will turn up in brainwash.

Riverside

• Rep: -33
« Reply #663 on: August 30, 2010, 06:21:12 AM »
Sooner or later the Karma always end in your fucking face

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #664 on: August 30, 2010, 06:31:45 AM »
first thought after the premiere on saturday: go home and jerk off like you have nerver jerked off before
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #665 on: August 30, 2010, 07:38:10 AM »

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #666 on: August 30, 2010, 07:45:44 AM »
no heath in itunes version

No heath in iTunes version mean no iTunes purchase. Where's my link?
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #667 on: August 30, 2010, 08:27:24 AM »
seriously not putting heaths part in the main body of the video is the biggest fucking bullshit ever.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #668 on: August 30, 2010, 08:40:56 AM »
whoever said it's impossible to see the video in finland for four months or something, there's a premiere in helsinki on the 1st of september and the dvd will be on sale the same day.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #669 on: August 30, 2010, 08:52:21 AM »
Just watched it. Reynolds and Leo were insane. Westgate too. If Leo drops his Toy part this year then I'd say SOTY is his
p-shuvs and v-flips

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #670 on: August 30, 2010, 09:00:02 AM »
seriously not putting heaths part in the main body of the video is the biggest fucking bullshit ever.

maybe it s because of the song? kind of like they had to hide it so he could use the song...

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #671 on: August 30, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »
Wesgate was the shit. That dude is some lofty mother fucker. Everything else seemed all too familiar to the last Emerica video. Good video but was short to all the hype. Reynold's closed out the video proper though.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #672 on: August 30, 2010, 09:55:29 AM »
Damn, only $10 on iTunes. Good deal. Might just have to buy that version as well.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #673 on: August 30, 2010, 10:08:57 AM »
my friend works for emerica, he said that heaths part is for sure an easter egg, but when you play his part the whole video plays out like it would if his part was before the intro, so its not that big a deal.

Randozzi

« Reply #674 on: August 30, 2010, 10:30:50 AM »
Got a copy, going to watch it before I skate later.

Westgate has some ollie pop, lord ollie pop.

ticklefingers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • middleweight lurker
« Reply #675 on: August 30, 2010, 10:40:53 AM »
Got a copy, going to watch it before I skate later.

Westgate has some ollie pop, lord ollie pop.

he basically ollied a whole house

unker

« Reply #676 on: August 30, 2010, 10:55:25 AM »
i would have bought the film on iTunes, but since it's only available in the US, i'm gonna steal this

It's on iTunes UK, US, Canada.  iTunes AU coming next week.
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewTVSeason?id=387321461&s=143441

GnarlesManson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -118
« Reply #677 on: August 30, 2010, 11:09:56 AM »
Yea this video actually is pretty boring. I really only like the table section,preston, and reynolds. Leo is tight, but his part was nothing but rails. I hate to admit that gipper was somewhat right.
cmon dude you gotta do a full part by part review. this thread is not complete until you do so.

rlang

• Rep: 19
« Reply #678 on: August 30, 2010, 11:30:44 AM »
Link before I go skate?  Promise I'm getting it Wed.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
« Reply #679 on: August 30, 2010, 11:39:17 AM »

yeah, it's pretty regular. All the promotional materials and coverage leading up the premiere made it a point to include Heath as part of the video line-up. . . .

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #680 on: August 30, 2010, 11:52:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Yea this video actually is pretty boring. I really only like the table section,preston, and reynolds. Leo is tight, but his part was nothing but rails. I hate to admit that gipper was somewhat right.
[close]
cmon dude you gotta do a full part by part review. this thread is not complete until you do so.
I'll do one for you:
Brandon Westgate- Amazing! Sets the tone for the video as if it is going to be excited and innovative. As pointed out, his shit on the hills of SF are the best. He does an ollie on the hills that is more impressive than all the frontside flips, hard flips and nollie inward heels in the video combined.
The middle- (Herman, Szafranski, Figgy, Colin Provost etc.) A bunch of  parts that are basically the same tricks you have seen these guys do, but on different spots. Be prepared for TONS of LA stairs and rails that you have seen skated before, and tricks you have seen people do down rails and gaps before. Personally, I figured out those gaps could be cleared a while ago, and also realized all of those tricks could be done down gaps. I remember at one point Jamie Tawcony eats shit hard frontside boardsliding a handrail, I remember thinking "he hurt himself for nothing, yeah its risky, but even if he succeeded it would just be a front board down a rail.
Spanky tries to be creative, but he doesn't really do anything new, just stuff that isn't done as often, but still skates some pretty over-skated spots, and it comes together as something as contrived as a hipster's hasselbad photos. Bonelesses on banks should be banned from video parts. The only way I could sit through these parts was out of the hope that one of them would surprise me,and people like Jerry Hsu or Reynolds' part could come up at any moment. I will never watch this part of the video again.

Jerry Hsu- Light hearted tilt moder just out to have fun and get creative on a skateboard? Nope. Jerry has grown up, and now he is a stressed out and angry man who is out for the hammers and will not be happy until he gets one. How do I know? Half of his part is him stressing out at spots. This part is crappy compared to his Bag of Suck part, Tilt mode parts, or combined part with Louie in the Osiris video. It was like somebody came up to him and said "We know you like skating all sorts of terrain, being creative, and having fun, but this is the Emerica video, so we demand you only have hammers," and completely ruined his part. Nothing innovative or that interesting like you would usually expect from Jerry.

Leo- Be prepared to be underwhelmed! All of those amazing photos you saw of him look way better as photos. When they are live action, you realize it isn't as crazy as you thought. His gimmick is grinding up shit, but guess what? When your gimmick doesn't take much talent, be prepared for your gimmick to be stolen. I think at least 3 parts before his have people grinding up rails, so by the time you get to him, its old news. He goes big, but again, its really just kind of jockish one-up type shit, and none of it is really game changing.

Reynolds- Goes around skating every big gap in CA- hollywood 16, Wallenberg, and plenty more. Overall, the part isn't that exciting, but I really like Reynolds style, he is the epitome of grace under pressure, and his ender is pretty rad if you don't know what it is.

Templeton, Senn- These dudes have the most flavor on the team and have no footage?! Are you kidding me?! Put even second rate footage in there of these guys to break up the monotony of the stair/gap jock bullshit and the whole video would have been 100 times better

Seriously, don't waste your money on this piece of shit video.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #681 on: August 30, 2010, 12:30:44 PM »
pm plz?
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #682 on: August 30, 2010, 12:31:06 PM »
shame you thought of half of jerry's footage was him getting "stressed out". it looked to me like he was trying to kill himself. he was hurt for a majority of the filming, i thought it was quite fitting they filled his part with all that.

other than that, i agree with your review and reynolds is still the one that everyone wants to looks like skating big shit. the fucking king.

bandini

« Reply #683 on: August 30, 2010, 12:32:54 PM »
I can't believe how little mention of Colin there is. His part blew me away. Some absolutely amazing stuff.

I loved the whole video. Seeing it in a theater full of skaters definitely helped, but I'm pretty sure I'll dig it when I watch it in my living room too.

Spanky and Marquis had the only two parts that didn't really stand out to me. Everything else was bananas. And some of the worst slams I've ever seen in a video. Jerry has one that is going to give me nightmares.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #684 on: August 30, 2010, 12:36:19 PM »
shame you thought of half of jerry's footage was him getting "stressed out". it looked to me like he was trying to kill himself. he was hurt for a majority of the filming, i thought it was quite fitting they filled his part with all that.

other than that, i agree with your review and reynolds is still the one that everyone wants to looks like skating big shit. the fucking king.
I'll give him that, but honestly, why does he have to kill himself to make a good part? He's easily capable of producing a mindblowing part at low impact spots. It seemed like he went for the rails and hubbas because that is what the video is all about, and it was lame.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #685 on: August 30, 2010, 12:37:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I'll do one for you:
Brandon Westgate- Amazing! Sets the tone for the video as if it is going to be excited and innovative. As pointed out, his shit on the hills of SF are the best. He does an ollie on the hills that is more impressive than all the frontside flips, hard flips and nollie inward heels in the video combined.
The middle- (Herman, Szafranski, Figgy, Colin Provost etc.) A bunch of �parts that are basically the same tricks you have seen these guys do, but on different spots. Be prepared for TONS of LA stairs and rails that you have seen skated before, and tricks you have seen people do down rails and gaps before. Personally, I figured out those gaps could be cleared a while ago, and also realized all of those tricks could be done down gaps. I remember at one point Jamie Tawcony eats shit hard frontside boardsliding a handrail, I remember thinking "he hurt himself for nothing, yeah its risky, but even if he succeeded it would just be a front board down a rail.
Spanky tries to be creative, but he doesn't really do anything new, just stuff that isn't done as often, but still skates some pretty over-skated spots, and it comes together as something as contrived as a hipster's hasselbad photos. Bonelesses on banks should be banned from video parts. The only way I could sit through these parts was out of the hope that one of them would surprise me,and people like Jerry Hsu or Reynolds' part could come up at any moment. I will never watch this part of the video again.

Jerry Hsu- Light hearted tilt moder just out to have fun and get creative on a skateboard? Nope. Jerry has grown up, and now he is a stressed out and angry man who is out for the hammers and will not be happy until he gets one. How do I know? Half of his part is him stressing out at spots. This part is crappy compared to his Bag of Suck part, Tilt mode parts, or combined part with Louie in the Osiris video. It was like somebody came up to him and said "We know you like skating all sorts of terrain, being creative, and having fun, but this is the Emerica video, so we demand you only have hammers," and completely ruined his part. Nothing innovative or that interesting like you would usually expect from Jerry.

Leo- Be prepared to be underwhelmed! All of those amazing photos you saw of him look way better as photos. When they are live action, you realize it isn't as crazy as you thought. His gimmick is grinding up shit, but guess what? When your gimmick doesn't take much talent, be prepared for your gimmick to be stolen. I think at least 3 parts before his have people grinding up rails, so by the time you get to him, its old news. He goes big, but again, its really just kind of jockish one-up type shit, and none of it is really game changing.

Reynolds- Goes around skating every big gap in CA- hollywood 16, Wallenberg, and plenty more. Overall, the part isn't that exciting, but I really like Reynolds style, he is the epitome of grace under pressure, and his ender is pretty rad if you don't know what it is.

Templeton, Senn- These dudes have the most flavor on the team and have no footage?! Are you kidding me?! Put even second rate footage in there of these guys to break up the monotony of the stair/gap jock bullshit and the whole video would have been 100 times better

Seriously, don't waste your money on this piece of shit video.

just out of curiousity. what kind of videos do you like? in another thread you critizised blueprint videos (which are some sort of one end the spectrum) and here you critizise the other end... now I get something to hear about my black and white world view and that there are many more different styles of skating
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

BriDen

« Reply #686 on: August 30, 2010, 12:40:24 PM »
Gipper's video collection consists of Cheese&Crackers and that rodney mullen issue of On video magazine.

THRILL_HOUSE

• Rep: -2
  • Hope the plane don't crash
« Reply #687 on: August 30, 2010, 12:41:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I'll do one for you:
The middle- (Herman, Szafranski, Figgy, Colin Provost etc.) A bunch of �parts that are basically the same tricks you have seen these guys do, but on different spots.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, except you completely brushed over one of the best sleeper parts in the video.  Colin Provost has an incredibly smooth, effortless style.  His style is good enough for him to be the only rider who casually destroys cement parks for half the part, and his street footage is just as amazing.  I felt like he wasn't getting a lot of cheers at the premiere because he made everything look too easy.  
Also, you hate on Leo too much.  Judging by your other posts about him, I'd bet you didn't like his part before you even saw the video.  Skating up rails is a "gimmick" now?  By your definition, skating the same kind of obstacle more than once in the same way is a gimmick.  It seems pretty obvious that he actually just likes to challenge himself...his last trick is truly amazing, and I would say again as with Colin, he made some of his hardest tricks look effortless which can overshadow the actual insane amount of difficulty.  

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #688 on: August 30, 2010, 12:43:02 PM »
ohhh damn if someone PMs me i will give you an e-high five

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #689 on: August 30, 2010, 12:43:52 PM »
lol gipper nice review