Author Topic: Stay Gold - Offical Thread  (Read 280155 times)

TheRIDER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -1
Re: Stay Gold - Offical Thread
« Reply #840 on: September 01, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »
Video had some horrible music.
Killed most of the parts for me.

best parts:
Westgate
Reynolds
Romero

imthedude

« Reply #841 on: September 01, 2010, 12:38:53 PM »
Man oh man Heath killed it. His footage (both new and old) is so fucking enjoyable I wish there was more. Even some trademark back tails or back lips as filler would have been a treat. but whatever, i'm happy.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #842 on: September 01, 2010, 12:43:31 PM »
link plzz
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #843 on: September 01, 2010, 12:46:52 PM »
the video wasnt anything like this

Word. I was hoping for some Reynolds tech on the picnic tables.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

Najeeb

• Rep: 0
« Reply #844 on: September 01, 2010, 12:53:14 PM »
i went to the skateshop to buy stay gold and they were fucking closed. What the fuck, its a wednesday, and you had a sign on the door saying its out today.

Fuck it, I'm pirating it

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #845 on: September 01, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »
   I bought it, very worth it. Not the greatest video ever by a long shot, but really enjoyable and mad props to Miner and everyone else's filming. It was edited pretty long, but I could watch it in bits and pieces and be satisfied. I enjoyed the music, all had a similar theme which is nice, but I'd have preferred a couple different beats.

Herman to Waits was the fucking best like I thought, and still a big rail killer. Brandon has the hard flip tricks, the burly tranny, and biggest ollies--Definitely the best part for me. Tancowny didn't get much mention, but wow. Realy enjoyable to watch and great tweak on his flicks. I dug Spanky's part a lot contrary to my expectations, I was expecting more tranny but he's got a mean frontside flip. I wish the one over the rail for the KSL Dos ad was in there though. Whoever's saying Jerry's part appeared mad stressful: yeah it did a bit, but he laughed through a lot of it, and that quirky smile he gave made me laugh right before his second section started. Bummed there wasn't more footage, but glad to have any. Leo, wow. I he's annihilated rails on every continent, save Antarctica. But there's still the Toy promo...

And in case anyone's trying to find Heath's part on the DVD: Go to the Chapter selection screen, go down to the "Back to Main" option but don't select it. Instead, arrow right, then hit "Enter" or whatever on your remote. It'll show Heath's part, then play the main video.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #846 on: September 01, 2010, 01:01:42 PM »
dammit we arent gettin it in canada til next week...

yeah reynodls smoking was amazing actually cant believe he did something so big with the cigarette

water cooler

• Rep: -18
  • hello
« Reply #847 on: September 01, 2010, 01:02:10 PM »
yeah westgate and reynolds were the best part...i assume now that this was just a joke then:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYfyARyonfk&feature=related (at2:52) unless its some kind of joke

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
« Reply #848 on: September 01, 2010, 01:56:25 PM »
i assume now that this was just a joke then:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYfyARyonfk&feature=related (at2:52) unless its some kind of joke
i think the boss might want to take leo out on his trick in a baker video. it would be more of a zing since its the company he left.

Mackattack

« Reply #849 on: September 01, 2010, 02:22:26 PM »

And in case anyone's trying to find Heath's part on the DVD: Go to the Chapter selection screen, go down to the "Back to Main" option but don't select it. Instead, arrow right, then hit "Enter" or whatever on your remote. It'll show Heath's part, then play the main video.

Thanks dude, thats precisely why i just got on. Ive been trying to figure it out for a minute.

Video is amazing. Really the only complaint i have is Westgates song. EVERYBODY had a good part. Reynolds is a freak.
Anyone who has the DVD, watch the "Reynolds madness" section in the bonus. Holy fuck...

Brown Thunder

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -66
« Reply #850 on: September 01, 2010, 02:45:51 PM »
   I bought it, very worth it. Not the greatest video ever by a long shot, but really enjoyable and mad props to Miner and everyone else's filming. It was edited pretty long, but I could watch it in bits and pieces and be satisfied. I enjoyed the music, all had a similar theme which is nice, but I'd have preferred a couple different beats.

Herman to Waits was the fucking best like I thought, and still a big rail killer. Brandon has the hard flip tricks, the burly tranny, and biggest ollies--Definitely the best part for me. Tancowny didn't get much mention, but wow. Realy enjoyable to watch and great tweak on his flicks. I dug Spanky's part a lot contrary to my expectations, I was expecting more tranny but he's got a mean frontside flip. I wish the one over the rail for the KSL Dos ad was in there though. Whoever's saying Jerry's part appeared mad stressful: yeah it did a bit, but he laughed through a lot of it, and that quirky smile he gave made me laugh right before his second section started. Bummed there wasn't more footage, but glad to have any. Leo, wow. I he's annihilated rails on every continent, save Antarctica. But there's still the Toy promo...

uhhhhhhhhh what?

burly tranny? his one tranny trick as opposed to provost... and all the hard flip tricks? not herman and his picnic table/nollie tre 12 sets display? and biggest ollie? not westgate and his giant everything? and best part but you failed to mention reynolds at all?

sorry to call you out and nitpick, you are welcome to your opinions but i'm afraid your opinions are just wrong my friend.

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #851 on: September 01, 2010, 02:49:57 PM »
not the best video ill admit, but i definitely wanna go skate now

best parts to me
reynolds
westgate
suski
provist
i really liked jerry's part too

the whole video was pretty good actually
heath's part was toooo short but so good

music was kind of similar but good, suski really was the biggest surprise to me, repping AZ!

Chris P. Bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • CA All Day
« Reply #852 on: September 01, 2010, 03:24:03 PM »
someone hook a brother up with a link, pm me. already ordered a copy, my friend wants to see it.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #853 on: September 01, 2010, 03:33:22 PM »
Thanks dude, thats precisely why i just got on. Ive been trying to figure it out for a minute.

Video is amazing. Really the only complaint i have is Westgates song. EVERYBODY had a good part. Reynolds is a freak.
Anyone who has the DVD, watch the "Reynolds madness" section in the bonus. Holy fuck...

No problem mane. My appreciation for Reynolds' part after seeing he did most of his bangers multiple times, went from mad respect, to unimaginable gratitude. It's just fucked, he put in so much work.

uhhhhhhhhh what?

burly tranny? his one tranny trick as opposed to provost... and all the hard flip tricks? not herman and his picnic table/nollie tre 12 sets display? and biggest ollie? not westgate and his giant everything? and best part but you failed to mention reynolds at all?

sorry to call you out and nitpick, you are welcome to your opinions but i'm afraid your opinions are just wrong my friend.

Provost rips tranny, no doubt. But so does Brandon, and I meant that more for non-park transition--I.E. the wall ride on the side of the highway to ditch bomb, and anything else with natural bumps & slopes. Herman's nollie tre is one the biggest standouts, but I'm sorry if you didn't think the big spin heel over the bump to bar, and bigflip over the street gap were difficult tricks. But I think overall you're under the impression I mentioned Braydon Szafranksi, when I was talking about Brandon Westgate, who I think had the best overall part in terms of variety of spots and tricks.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #854 on: September 01, 2010, 03:58:05 PM »
one thing that bothers the hell out of me is when these hugely anticipated videos lack footage from magazine articles and ads. for example spanky has had some awesome interviews over the last year and with sick sepuences of backtail 360s and frontboard biggerspins out. yet none of that was used. theres no way it would have been deemed "unusable". same with herman. he had a sequence in a recent skateboard mag doing a sick ass noseblunt bigspin out on a ledge to bank and it wasnt used. their are numerous other photos and what not, i could go on for awhile. sometimes i wonder if maybe some footage is missed. when you prolong a video for so long. and dudes are stacking mad footage by different filmers, maybe it possible that some dopeass stuff is just laying around in jon miners hard drive? and a month from he gonna find some of the tight footage that woulda made some dudes parts way tighter and he gonna be like "FUUUCK!!"

or is it even possilbe that at the premier herman is watching his part, then his part ends, and he's like "where the fuck was that noseblunt bigspin i battled in china for 3 hours, what the fuck!"

Jay E-Quails

« Reply #855 on: September 01, 2010, 04:18:07 PM »
bought the video, but whats up with a kirtchart part link?

drowe1

• Rep: -16
« Reply #856 on: September 01, 2010, 04:36:36 PM »
one thing that bothers the hell out of me is when these hugely anticipated videos lack footage from magazine articles and ads. for example spanky has had some awesome interviews over the last year and with sick sepuences of backtail 360s and frontboard biggerspins out. yet none of that was used. theres no way it would have been deemed "unusable". same with herman. he had a sequence in a recent skateboard mag doing a sick ass noseblunt bigspin out on a ledge to bank and it wasnt used. their are numerous other photos and what not, i could go on for awhile. sometimes i wonder if maybe some footage is missed. when you prolong a video for so long. and dudes are stacking mad footage by different filmers, maybe it possible that some dopeass stuff is just laying around in jon miners hard drive? and a month from he gonna find some of the tight footage that woulda made some dudes parts way tighter and he gonna be like "FUUUCK!!"

or is it even possilbe that at the premier herman is watching his part, then his part ends, and he's like "where the fuck was that noseblunt bigspin i battled in china for 3 hours, what the fuck!"
sometimes a sequence looks fine but in the footage the landing is really sketchy or something. I think thats the case in the photos you mentioned. I remember the spanky photos and it looks like the landings were sketch.

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #857 on: September 01, 2010, 04:37:58 PM »
that is not possible, here is why:

herman does not battle tricks for hours. qed

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #858 on: September 01, 2010, 04:41:30 PM »

there's also an upcoming Deathwish vid slated for Halloweeen. who knows if some of the Baker guys will be in a montage or have full parts, but i wouldn't be surprised if some of the footage ends up in there

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #859 on: September 01, 2010, 04:44:38 PM »
These don't really have anything to do with Stay Gold, nor are they new. Pretty old actually, i just didn't want to make a new thread.  But i think they're interesting and a good watch if you have the time.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #860 on: September 01, 2010, 04:45:34 PM »
westgate had my favorite part

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #861 on: September 01, 2010, 04:54:04 PM »
Black sabbath spelled wrong in Credits!!! haha and i just rewatched it, that back heel reynolds does in france is unbelievable...the lower angle  :o

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #862 on: September 01, 2010, 05:33:05 PM »
Finally got to see Heath's part. Very pleased. Pretty stoked on every part, but I will always skip Bryan Herman and little Jamie. I just don't enjoy either of their parts in this.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #863 on: September 01, 2010, 05:44:52 PM »
im bought to head out to the chino active premiere. so hyped im gonna see this on a damn big scrren with people cheering. even though i got the download a few days ago, i resisted watching it. can't wait or this shit

barkeep11

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -135
« Reply #864 on: September 01, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »
Just got back from the Toronto premier...  Brandon Westgate is my new favorite skater.  THAT is how you ride a skateboard!  FAST FAST FAST!!!  I haven't had a part get me that stoked in a while!

few123456789

« Reply #865 on: September 01, 2010, 07:36:17 PM »
To anyone involved with making this video, I just paid $10 bucks for it on iTunes and it was worth it.  Support.  Ya'll did a good job. 

Stephen

« Reply #866 on: September 01, 2010, 07:42:00 PM »
could someone hook me up with a link?

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #867 on: September 01, 2010, 08:04:21 PM »
I loved the video, but for some reason I hated the "lunch tables part" of herman and got really bummed with his "street part", dunno why but didn't got stoked at all with his footage.
the rest was awesome
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 08:06:55 PM by mooraga »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1311
« Reply #868 on: September 01, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »
http://people.activerideshop.com/watch-stay-gold-with-leo-romero
long beach dudes theres a showing at leos favorite bar.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #869 on: September 01, 2010, 09:56:08 PM »
Ran into some dude I used to skate with every now and then and he invited me to a shop premiere that was across the street from the grocery store. I just stayed for the Heath part. I hate to say it but I was let down. The tricks he did have were fucking amazing, but it was insanely short. That's understandable though after releasing a part like Mind Field. My friend told me Heath has been really bummed on his skating and actually thinks he sucks so he's retiring. He said Heath didn't even want his part in the actual video because it wasn't up to par so that's why it's just a bonus feature. The frontside flip across that huge gap and the front blunt were fantastic. Hopefully a bunch of kids write to him and he gets motivated to make another part.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon