Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8759854 times)

tony volume, thehogsniper and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

WideFeet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 91
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #44250 on: January 25, 2022, 09:39:08 PM »
Would love to see the Shams come back! I had one pair and I remembered I liked them.

Back then, I don’t ever remember seeing the Shams in any Vans stores. Not my local one at least. And I never saw at any of my local shops. Maybe Zumiez? I only remember seeing one other person gave them besides me, and I had to go to SF to the DLX store to come across them

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #44251 on: January 25, 2022, 10:12:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
image processing pictures

Mentioned above, but I believe these are the og shams but damn I’d skate those as is. With an update it could fit with today’s bulky shoes.
[close]
I've always maintained that that particular shoe was one of the best vans has ever produced: essentially a beefed-up half cab on a cupsole. Very underrated shoe!
[close]

It was underrated because it had such a small shelf life.  I wanted those brown ones from Really Sorry but never saw them at any shops
[close]

So anyone know if these are actually re-releasing or is rowley just showing a pic of an old pair? Super curious would definitely try them out if they released

Got left on “read” by Rowley.   Maybe others can DM him

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 189
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #44252 on: January 25, 2022, 10:41:59 PM »
DM-ed him like a man and asked for a OG reissue complete with vegan suede… he defs won’t reply to that one :(
having said that, I don’t ever remember it getting released in this colorway so it’s either a new color about to drop or an unreleased sample.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #44253 on: January 25, 2022, 11:59:01 PM »
it's shocking how many of you are jazzed about that shoe... it's atrocious, haha.

But, to each their own. Hope you guys are able to enjoy a nice stroll down memory lane.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44254 on: January 26, 2022, 02:15:01 AM »
it's not the greatest looking shoe ever, especially in that colorway, but it skated like a fucking dream!
Top 5 shoes I've ever skated fo'sho
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 05:03:16 AM by Gray Imp Sausage Metal »

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1193
  • old and in the way
« Reply #44255 on: January 26, 2022, 04:25:34 AM »
Whew I really want these babies to come back. Had like 3 pairs of these dirt cheap from Ross back in the day. Don't know why they didn't sell well cause they were some of my favorite shoes.

I might be way off but there’s a bit of Airwalk Enigma vibes with this shoe and it’s so appealing to me.

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 11
« Reply #44256 on: January 26, 2022, 05:30:04 AM »
it's shocking how many of you are jazzed about that shoe... it's atrocious, haha.

But, to each their own. Hope you guys are able to enjoy a nice stroll down memory lane.

Growing up, Vans was pushing Rowley Heavy. Every mag had a Rowley ad and they were always so sick. From the trick, spots and the fits. However I could never get my hands on a pair because my parents weren’t into buying things online and my local never got these in. I recently tried the Rowley reissue that came out  and they were as good as I dreamed of. so I’m hoping for the same results if these come out plus that toe just looks so good for tres…

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #44257 on: January 26, 2022, 05:39:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Growing up, Vans was pushing Rowley Heavy. Every mag had a Rowley ad and they were always so sick. From the trick, spots and the fits. However I could never get my hands on a pair because my parents weren’t into buying things online and my local never got these in. I recently tried the Rowley reissue that came out  and they were as good as I dreamed of. so I’m hoping for the same results if these come out plus that toe just looks so good for tres…
What insoles did they have? I suspect they changed the reissues a fair bit from the originals.
I remember begging for them and when my mum finally saw them was so off it like oh don't get those they are like the terrible shoes I wore when I was a kid. I argued they weren't but we're just made to look like that style. Seriously had bare skin poking thru the Ollie and kickflip holes within a week and the ball of my foot showing thru the bottom of the sole. I'd say second worst shoes as far as durability I've ever had (after the first emerica Leo's) even worse than canvas classic vans.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #44258 on: January 26, 2022, 06:54:30 AM »
Id love to skate those and I don't even skate Vans.

TheAmericanAntique

• Rep: 11
« Reply #44259 on: January 26, 2022, 06:56:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
What insoles did they have? I suspect they changed the reissues a fair bit from the originals.
I remember begging for them and when my mum finally saw them was so off it like oh don't get those they are like the terrible shoes I wore when I was a kid. I argued they weren't but we're just made to look like that style. Seriously had bare skin poking thru the Ollie and kickflip holes within a week and the ball of my foot showing thru the bottom of the sole. I'd say second worst shoes as far as durability I've ever had (after the first emerica Leo's) even worse than canvas classic vans.

They were these pretty sure they came out in 2019 or 2020. these were a vulc i'm pretty sure but some came out with a wafflecup. I agree the OG from back then probably sucked but I am glad I got to try them with the updates.

beatifk

« Reply #44260 on: January 26, 2022, 07:02:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Trust me, I know... those ones that were kinda like bastardized old skools with 66/99 embossed on the back were my favorite skate shoes of all time. When the guy at the shop told me they were going out of production I bought as many as I could... it was the first item that I ever put "on ice".

But these blue/grey ones... sorry, they're pretty gross. The Airwalk comparison someone made in this thread is pretty spot on actually.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #44261 on: January 26, 2022, 09:00:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Rowley saved Vans and made them cool again. It was one of the biggest shoe company pick ups of all time.   

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #44262 on: January 26, 2022, 09:09:04 AM »

Cons x Carhartt WIP Fastbreak mid and One Star from thrasher #500

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44263 on: January 26, 2022, 09:31:19 AM »
I might be way off but there’s a bit of Airwalk Enigma vibes with this shoe and it’s so appealing to me.

The Airwalk comparison someone made in this thread is pretty spot on actually.

Don't you darn kids get me riled up over here!

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
« Reply #44264 on: January 26, 2022, 09:37:59 AM »

Oh those Fastbreaks are so sick. Anyone know when these drop?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1365
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #44265 on: January 26, 2022, 09:55:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Whew I really want these babies to come back. Had like 3 pairs of these dirt cheap from Ross back in the day. Don't know why they didn't sell well cause they were some of my favorite shoes.

[close]

Look a lot like Tim O'Connor Saviers to me
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44266 on: January 26, 2022, 11:24:28 AM »
This might belong in Non Skate Shoes thread, but Simple Shoes posted this story today and based on the toes of those models, they definitely look like they might be intended for skating. Also the person they tagged, Josh Brubaker I believe he heads up Clearweather which took a crack at skate styles before.

Personally I'd rather skate the old models Gonz used to skate but I'm old and they appeal to me nostalgically.

beatifk

« Reply #44267 on: January 26, 2022, 11:29:15 AM »
Personally I'd rather skate the old models Gonz used to skate but I'm old and they appeal to me nostalgically.

Those are now the Larry David pro model.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #44268 on: January 26, 2022, 11:48:58 AM »

Isnt that Nico of 917?

I've always been interested in skating their cupsoles, because of larry david

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #44269 on: January 26, 2022, 01:08:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Finally some new fast breaks. Been trying to find a pair in my size all over

Miller92

• Rep: -281
« Reply #44270 on: January 26, 2022, 01:42:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Finally some new fast breaks. Been trying to find a pair in my size all over

those fastbreaks are a must cop.  It is literally the greatest skateboard shoe I've ever skated 19 years in

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #44271 on: January 26, 2022, 01:47:47 PM »
I had Rowley shams in navy and was fucking loved them. I got them at an outlet for like $10 and kinda thought they were ugly at first.

Fuck it bring back all Rowleys especially the xl2 and the SPV
p-shuvs and v-flips

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 317
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #44272 on: January 26, 2022, 02:12:49 PM »
I had Rowley shams in navy and was fucking loved them. I got them at an outlet for like $10 and kinda thought they were ugly at first.

i loved the Rowley SPVs!! still have a pair stashed away in my closet.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #44273 on: January 26, 2022, 03:21:39 PM »
i have a pair of simples and love them

if they made a more skateable version of the OG i would definitely ride

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #44274 on: January 26, 2022, 04:11:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think spv will have to wait a few more years for the Dylan/slimmer cuffed pants come back around. Spv with big boys would be pretty crazy looking. Vans not making the shams, or dr Ts or any panel toe cupsole while everyone is fighting for dunks is pretty sloppy.
Xl2 with something other than sponge midsole could be a success

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #44275 on: January 26, 2022, 04:27:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Why do I kinda like the navy and white ones. What is wrong with me??!
[close]

They're kinda sick. The design is good. If Muska started a new sneaker brand and released these at a sub-$150 price, I think they would sell out quickly.

I hope this means Lucien is still getting paid by LV.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #44276 on: January 26, 2022, 06:17:13 PM »
Heavy nostalgia coming through with those Simple’s. There was a low with a leather toe that julien had a photo wearing, but the old schools are all time.

Found it:
https://www.instagram.com/deadhippie/p/BHvbRruD3T9/

Curbyourenthusiasm

• Rep: 17
« Reply #44277 on: January 26, 2022, 06:27:04 PM »
Heavy nostalgia coming through with those Simple’s. There was a low with a leather toe that julien had a photo wearing, but the old schools are all time.

Found it:
https://www.instagram.com/deadhippie/p/BHvbRruD3T9/

They still made those up until recently. You can still find them online. It's called the retro 91 or something like that.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #44278 on: January 27, 2022, 12:47:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I think spv will have to wait a few more years for the Dylan/slimmer cuffed pants come back around. Spv with big boys would be pretty crazy looking. Vans not making the shams, or dr Ts or any panel toe cupsole while everyone is fighting for dunks is pretty sloppy.
Xl2 with something other than sponge midsole could be a success

They do have the Fairlane which is a dunk-esque cup sole shoe.
How much for an order of ribs?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44279 on: January 27, 2022, 01:29:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Why do I kinda like the navy and white ones. What is wrong with me??!
[close]

They're kinda sick. The design is good. If Muska started a new sneaker brand and released these at a sub-$150 price, I think they would sell out quickly.
[close]

I hope this means Lucien is still getting paid by LV.
they are fucking horrible, they look like a reject Nadia shoe that then got ripped off by Walmart