Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8783581 times)

klobynrenn (+ 1 Hidden) and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #47700 on: February 16, 2023, 04:44:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
joshuawjones has some juicy sneak peaks on his insta stories atm — dark navy MJ1s and grey eS muskas !!!
[close]

can confirm es is doing the muska in 2 colorways, price point is a little outrageous IMO
[close]

What are we looking at price point wise? They may not fit my style these days but I've got top do it for the 13year old me inside. ha! 

Did anyone else see Arto is the 2023 Es Catalog??
[close]

No way. I love the Arto pro model. I think he had a 2nd shoe but never came out. I think his first colorway was all black with red air bubble.

Not sure if it has been asked but are the pros / ex-pros getting money from these rerelease? That is pretty rad if so.

He never wore his first shoe, but his unreleased second is all over his Really Sorry part

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 882
« Reply #47701 on: February 16, 2023, 07:05:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
joshuawjones has some juicy sneak peaks on his insta stories atm — dark navy MJ1s and grey eS muskas !!!
[close]

can confirm es is doing the muska in 2 colorways, price point is a little outrageous IMO
[close]

What are we looking at price point wise? They may not fit my style these days but I've got top do it for the 13year old me inside. ha! 

[close]

No way. I love the Arto pro model. I think he had a 2nd shoe but never came out. I think his first colorway was all black with red air bubble.

Not sure if it has been asked but are the pros / ex-pros getting money from these rerelease? That is pretty rad if so.
[close]

He never wore his first shoe, but his unreleased second is all over his Really Sorry part

Is it the tan/brown one he wears in that macba line? I never heard this before I just thought he wore Koston 1, accells then etnies

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1114
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #47702 on: February 16, 2023, 07:54:57 PM »
Maybe the skaters altered the designs slightly too as they thought they could
Be better than the first time.
It’s probably tough having your design changed and if given the opportunity to do it again maybe you ask for it to be the way you wanted originally.
I realize we’re all just spitballing here but it’s a perspective to consider.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47703 on: February 16, 2023, 07:55:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Is it the tan/brown one he wears in that macba line? I never heard this before I just thought he wore Koston 1, accells then etnies

Yea those are them.  Unreleased because he transferred over to etnies

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #47704 on: February 16, 2023, 07:55:41 PM »
kinda funny eS still wont give a pro shoe to their current riders but they'll rerelease old pro shoes

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47705 on: February 16, 2023, 07:56:21 PM »
Maybe the skaters altered the designs slightly too as they thought they could
Be better than the first time.
It’s probably tough having your design changed and if given the opportunity to do it again maybe you ask for it to be the way you wanted originally.
I realize we’re all just spitballing here but it’s a perspective to consider.

The guy axion rerelease was a perfect iteration.   Lost the plastic toe cap, lengthened the toe a little, but it looks amazing, fits amazing, and feels modern

Sampo64700

• Rep: 6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #47706 on: February 16, 2023, 10:39:16 PM »

Yea those are them.  Unreleased because he transferred over to etnies
And his first Etnies model had pretty much the same sole as the unreleased es model. Unreleased was pretty close to Etnies Arto mid, just slightly slimmer.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #47707 on: February 16, 2023, 10:54:22 PM »
I had the éS Arto shoes. From what I recall they weren’t all that different to Accels. Mad puffy too. Too much even for back then. I got them in 10.5 as the 11 was already sold out. The shoe was mad popular here in Finland. First ever pro shoe for a Finnish guy. I figured they’d break in and be fine but no, they were just too small and I had to get rid of them eventually.  :'(

Funny thing is now I’m skating mostly 10.5 and some shoes I could probably even go with size 10. Not sure what happened. Did my feet shrink or has the sizing of shoes changed over the years?  :o

jdholmes

• Rep: -2
« Reply #47708 on: February 16, 2023, 11:11:28 PM »
Anyone got info on the next Carroll colorway dropping amd date?

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47709 on: February 17, 2023, 12:30:09 AM »
I had the éS Arto shoes. From what I recall they weren’t all that different to Accels. Mad puffy too. Too much even for back then. I got them in 10.5 as the 11 was already sold out. The shoe was mad popular here in Finland. First ever pro shoe for a Finnish guy. I figured they’d break in and be fine but no, they were just too small and I had to get rid of them eventually.  :'(

Funny thing is now I’m skating mostly 10.5 and some shoes I could probably even go with size 10. Not sure what happened. Did my feet shrink or has the sizing of shoes changed over the years?  :o

Not to mention a Finnish flag on the sole.    I loooooved that shoe and it was pretty perfect.   A wee bit bigger/puffier than the accel, but it wasn’t a gigantic version like appleyards pro shoe was with the circa model that inspired it

jwdharris

• Rep: -2
    • www.vimeo.com/jwdharris avatar image
« Reply #47710 on: February 17, 2023, 01:05:27 AM »
It's a mash up between the Accel and Arto btw.

linty

• Rep: 37
« Reply #47711 on: February 17, 2023, 01:19:07 AM »

Harri Puupponen Sykum pro model also came out in 2002 but can't recall which one was released first. Not that you ever saw a single pair of those in the wild, tho...

Not to mention a Finnish flag on the sole.    I loooooved that shoe and it was pretty perfect.   A wee bit bigger/puffier than the accel, but it wasn’t a gigantic version like appleyards pro shoe was with the circa model that inspired it
Remember seeing the flag and thinking "Oh. Isn't that what the dudes in buzz cuts wear on their bomber jacket sleeves?". Rural nationalism hits different.

Creagers lasted forever but the sole on the Muskas blew out in a month. Getting hung up on the thickness of an embroidered logo is really funny.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47712 on: February 17, 2023, 01:58:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Harri Puupponen Sykum pro model also came out in 2002 but can't recall which one was released first. Not that you ever saw a single pair of those in the wild, tho...

Expand Quote
[close]
Remember seeing the flag and thinking "Oh. Isn't that what the dudes in buzz cuts wear on their bomber jacket sleeves?". Rural nationalism hits different.

Creagers lasted forever but the sole on the Muskas blew out in a month. Getting hung up on the thickness of an embroidered logo is really funny.

Is there really some weird association in Finland with the flag and nationalist groups?   (Above and beyond I mean)

linty

« Reply #47713 on: February 17, 2023, 02:51:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Is there really some weird association in Finland with the flag and nationalist groups?   (Above and beyond I mean)
Can only speak for myself but the neo-nazi resurgence of the late 90s was one the defining experiences of my adolescence. I assume it was the same for the slightly older local skate generation whose weekends consisted of avoiding roaming packs of skinheads.

Never had a pair of any Artos but the unreleased eS Arto 2s were neat. He skated them a bunch in Really Sorry.

I could go for a pair with slight configurations (gasp).

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47714 on: February 17, 2023, 03:46:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Ha. I’ve never even heard of that brand and didn’t know Harri Piipponen also had a shoe. I don’t think I was skating much at all during this time anymore. The Muskas I think were a couple of years earlier. 97 or 98?

linty

« Reply #47715 on: February 17, 2023, 03:56:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ha. I’ve never even heard of that brand and didn’t know Harri Piipponen also had a shoe. I don’t think I was skating much at all during this time anymore. The Muskas I think were a couple of years earlier. 97 or 98?
Yes, 1997-98. They were really expensive even back then. Close to 200 euros with adjusted inflation. Koston 3s were in the same price range later in 2000-2001.

Can anyone confirm if the sizing is really that big on the MJs?

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #47716 on: February 17, 2023, 05:24:56 AM »
The eS Arto 2 became the Etnies Arto 1. Has the exact same sole. They should remake those next

Im pretty sure he was wearing the eS shoes on his Etnies box (or maybe it was on the included poster. I miss freebies like that.)

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47717 on: February 17, 2023, 05:44:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Yes, 1997-98. They were really expensive even back then. Close to 200 euros with adjusted inflation. Koston 3s were in the same price range later in 2000-2001.

Damn. That’s expensive. I can’t remember them being all that much here. The yellow éS Koston 2s I had (later on?) I think were more expensive. Those were hideous but they were mad durable. I can’t remember how the Muskas held up at all for some reason.

.Blackshoes.

« Reply #47718 on: February 17, 2023, 06:22:30 AM »
I dig the new Muskas. They seem to have fixed some of the issues that I remember were present when skating the originals as a kid. I'm down for skating these new ones.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #47719 on: February 17, 2023, 07:00:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I like the dude and think he's funny most of the time but I take everything goldenera says about shoe fitting with a grain of salt. The dude doesn't tie his fucking shoes so why wouldn't the shoes be "big big" as hell. It's all about that puff!!!! lol. Tie them down and let's hear about a proper fit. 
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1114
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #47720 on: February 17, 2023, 07:23:57 AM »
My pair fit tts.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #47721 on: February 17, 2023, 08:16:46 AM »
mixed low and mids?

Centrumchewables

• Rep: 0
« Reply #47722 on: February 17, 2023, 10:03:14 AM »

[/quote]

Yes, the new Emerica OG 1 is about a half size bigger (maybe even a full size depending on how you like your shoes). I got a pair in size 10 thinking it would be best to go with my usual larger size (I fluctuate between 9.5 and 10), and they were huge. The 9.5 fits much better, but the toe box still feels roomier since it is taller, similar to the DC Kalis OG. They look great on feet though.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Muska eS
« Reply #47723 on: February 17, 2023, 11:56:49 AM »
Not sure what the dealio is but...

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 560
Re: Muska eS
« Reply #47724 on: February 17, 2023, 12:00:59 PM »
Has to be an OLD photo.

There’s no way eS is putting “Muska” on the tongue unless they’re planning on paying him. Which I don’t think they’re planning to based on the fact they they removed all name recognition on old pro-models they re-issued.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 105
« Reply #47725 on: February 17, 2023, 12:05:05 PM »
It's real and already discussed in the upcoming shoe release thread
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=47259.47670
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65232
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47726 on: February 17, 2023, 12:06:14 PM »
Farmers got bills to pay too.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47727 on: February 17, 2023, 12:09:39 PM »
well if it happens, it'll be the first Es shoes I've had since the Arto

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #47728 on: February 17, 2023, 12:17:48 PM »
Has to be an OLD photo.

There’s no way eS is putting “Muska” on the tongue unless they’re planning on paying him. Which I don’t think they’re planning to based on the fact they they removed all name recognition on old pro-models they re-issued.

they cant put koston on a shoe cause hes on nike

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
« Reply #47729 on: February 17, 2023, 01:47:31 PM »
Strayes gonna be pissed