Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8682693 times)

KGB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #45300 on: May 16, 2022, 06:09:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Someone on here was excited about these and I wanted to make sure they saw this

http://www.instagram.com/p/CdOVoL7uLwr/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
[close]

It hurts my soul that we get more Jamal Smith clothing items than footage these days. I could just watch him do bigspins for 2 minutes straight and be happy.

Awesome that he got a shoe though! He deserves it.

Was stoked to see this shoe. It’s says it represents Philly but those colors scream B-more to me. Which doesn’t bother me at all.

https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/adidas-reimagines-the-adimatic-by-jamal-smith/

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1005
« Reply #45301 on: May 16, 2022, 06:36:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It hurts my soul that we get more Jamal Smith clothing items than footage these days. I could just watch him do bigspins for 2 minutes straight and be happy.

Part should be dropping this week.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #45302 on: May 16, 2022, 07:59:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Was stoked to see this shoe. It’s says it represents Philly but those colors scream B-more to me. Which doesn’t bother me at all.

https://skateboarding.transworld.net/news/adidas-reimagines-the-adimatic-by-jamal-smith/

Doesn’t say that.  It’s an homage to hip hop production and golden era of skateboarding. 

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #45303 on: May 16, 2022, 08:07:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Doesn’t say that.  It’s an homage to hip hop production and golden era of skateboarding.
It also says it draws inspiration from tricks with 360 degree spins  :o

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #45304 on: May 16, 2022, 08:08:28 AM »
For everyone looking for a Skate Chukka, these just came out via the Vans surf line.  Doesn't have DuraCap or some of the other skate-specific features, but the DX surf line models do have the thick removable insole similar to PopCush and overall very similar build to the skate line rather than the Classics builds
https://www.vans.com/en-us/shoes-c00081/vans-x-mollusk-chukka-dx-sf-pvn0a3tk82ql

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45305 on: May 16, 2022, 09:08:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was referring to the description on Adidas website  where it says “partnering with skateboarding’s Jamal Smith to honor Philadelphia’s contributions to skate history” sir.
https://www.adidas.com/us/adimatic-shoes/GX8976.html

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #45306 on: May 16, 2022, 10:02:25 AM »
The Philadelphia Flyers colors are black, orange, and white.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #45307 on: May 16, 2022, 10:58:28 AM »

Probably went that route since Adidas makes the NHL jerseys. could be reaching there, maybe Jamal is a big hockey guy.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45308 on: May 16, 2022, 11:03:19 AM »
Elijah Berle Half Cab colorway in the latest Thrasher

I don't think I've ever seen someone get demoted from pro model to shoe colorway :v

KGB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45309 on: May 16, 2022, 11:29:45 AM »

Ahh,guess that makes sense. But black and orange will always be Baltimore to me and everyone else from here.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #45310 on: May 16, 2022, 11:33:45 AM »

I don't think I've ever seen someone get demoted from pro model to shoe colorway :v

Suciu?

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
« Reply #45311 on: May 16, 2022, 12:10:09 PM »

hm dunno if the barbwire tribal trampstamp is next level or whack af

Shufflessss

• Rep: 34
« Reply #45312 on: May 16, 2022, 12:21:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Suciu?
Silas?
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

pro club blanks

« Reply #45313 on: May 16, 2022, 12:46:28 PM »
Lol at elijahs 90s pam anderson superfreak halfcab

patob

• Rep: -6
« Reply #45314 on: May 16, 2022, 01:37:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Suciu?
[close]
Silas?
Dollin?
P-Rod?
Cardiel?
Ray?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #45315 on: May 16, 2022, 02:01:56 PM »

It’s also closely referencing this OG colorway from the 90’s adimatic:
https://fashion.aucfan.com/yahoo/w251800806/

But its not 1 to 1 the same.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

DERBY

• Rep: 246
« Reply #45316 on: May 16, 2022, 03:49:49 PM »

why the white laces?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #45317 on: May 16, 2022, 04:11:47 PM »
sweet, glad he’s hopping on that black sole trend now I was nervous there for a second

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #45318 on: May 16, 2022, 04:13:22 PM »
We take Amazon returns at my job , today someone returned a pair of the new DC Mantecas. When they were gone I took them out of the box to check them out. I gotta say they seem pretty quality and looked to be comparable to dunks. The toe box is pretty close to the same. If I ever had the urge to go back to skating DCs I’d def try a pair.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45319 on: May 16, 2022, 04:15:00 PM »
sweet, glad he’s hopping on that black sole trend now I was nervous there for a second

Black sole on basically a colorway that came out a few months ago to inaugurate the 30th year.   

Why can’t they just re-release these?   Uprise barely had any made

http://www.instagram.com/p/Bhr-E4NDtMC/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #45320 on: May 16, 2022, 06:55:04 PM »
We take Amazon returns at my job , today someone returned a pair of the new DC Mantecas. When they were gone I took them out of the box to check them out. I gotta say they seem pretty quality and looked to be comparable to dunks. The toe box is pretty close to the same. If I ever had the urge to go back to skating DCs I’d def try a pair.
Ive been very tempted to get a pair. Hoping DC will release some Og colorways of the shoe.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1055
« Reply #45321 on: May 16, 2022, 09:12:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ive been very tempted to get a pair. Hoping DC will release some Og colorways of the shoe.

I’m just wrapping up skating some for almost 2 months. Greatest shoe

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #45322 on: May 17, 2022, 12:11:56 AM »
For everyone looking for a Skate Chukka, these just came out via the Vans surf line.  Doesn't have DuraCap or some of the other skate-specific features, but the DX surf line models do have the thick removable insole similar to PopCush and overall very similar build to the skate line rather than the Classics builds
https://www.vans.com/en-us/shoes-c00081/vans-x-mollusk-chukka-dx-sf-pvn0a3tk82ql

Oh shit, good looks. Nice insole and a good color way? I’m gonna buy at least two maybe three pairs.

By the way I’ve looked around for a minute and if anybody wants to buy these buy them from askate shop instead of from vans directly. They’re 10 bucks cheaper and you get to support a shop.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45323 on: May 17, 2022, 02:30:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Oh shit, good looks. Nice insole and a good color way? I’m gonna buy at least two maybe three pairs.

By the way I’ve looked around for a minute and if anybody wants to buy these buy them from askate shop instead of from vans directly. They’re 10 bucks cheaper and you get to support a shop.

Wasn’t there a cork topped insole in these?

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #45324 on: May 17, 2022, 02:45:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Damn you’re right! These product shots have them so cross your fingers haha.

https://upriseskateshop.com/products/chukka-dx-sf-mollusk-nathaniel-russel-vbu?variant=42711521329367

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #45325 on: May 17, 2022, 03:01:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Damn you’re right! These product shots have them so cross your fingers haha.

https://upriseskateshop.com/products/chukka-dx-sf-mollusk-nathaniel-russel-vbu?variant=42711521329367
Prob also worth seeing them in a skateshop in person to try them on. I only ever had two pair of chukkas and it was some time back but I remember they fit like a whole size bigger than other vans models. Could be a bit to do with the shape but prob worth finding out before you get something that doesn't work for you.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #45326 on: May 17, 2022, 09:59:39 AM »
the SF vans are super comfy and usually have ultracush insoles. not sure how well they skate or if they fuck with the rubber compound like they did with the bmx line
good come sausage

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #45327 on: May 17, 2022, 01:04:03 PM »
the SF vans are super comfy and usually have ultracush insoles. not sure how well they skate or if they fuck with the rubber compound like they did with the bmx line

recently got myself some bmx slip ons mainly because of the wafflecup sole. As i was planning to skate them sometime soon, should I be worried about the rubber around the flicking area not being the same quality as the skate ones? (perfect chillers anyway for old feet :-)

Wheelbitefred

• Rep: 11
« Reply #45328 on: May 17, 2022, 05:26:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

recently got myself some bmx slip ons mainly because of the wafflecup sole. As i was planning to skate them sometime soon, should I be worried about the rubber around the flicking area not being the same quality as the skate ones? (perfect chillers anyway for old feet :-)

I’ve skating some bmx waffle cup skate hi’s for 2 weeks and they do feel a little softer but otherwise great. I haven’t noticed them wearing down any differently (yet).

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #45329 on: May 18, 2022, 04:21:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah they will skate fine, you'll just notice they are a little floppier and bag out kinda quick. my bmx sk8-hi's lasted me only 4-5 weeks of skating a couple times a week. they were excellent tho
good come sausage