Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8682638 times)

Toadfish Rebecchi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #46830 on: October 31, 2022, 03:28:55 AM »
Expand Quote

Now the big question is, who's signature is on the tongue?

[close]
Does anyone remember in 04ish there was a cab shoe that looked just like this called the new cab or something? I only ever saw it in this all brown colorway but pretty sure it was a halfcab with hidden lacing and four holes at the top a bit like a dunk

Yep, I had a pair. They were called Half Cab 2.  They were essentially the Carroll Vans but with the jazz stripe. I had all black ones. They skated great.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #46831 on: October 31, 2022, 03:56:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Does anyone remember in 04ish there was a cab shoe that looked just like this called the new cab or something? I only ever saw it in this all brown colorway but pretty sure it was a halfcab with hidden lacing and four holes at the top a bit like a dunk
[close]

Yep, I had a pair. They were called Half Cab 2.  They were essentially the Carroll Vans but with the jazz stripe. I had all black ones. They skated great.

These??

https://www.google.com/search?q=half+cab+2&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS914US914&hl=en-US&prmd=isvn&sxsrf=ALiCzsZV2oN__hLveAz9JrIs_CwzLt2IEA:1667213681858&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjq9JX6por7AhUiMEQIHa_AAgYQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=320&bih=532&dpr=3#imgrc=l0qf3tQQ_NQhUM&imgdii=hp2-aLOlHN6WjM

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #46832 on: October 31, 2022, 04:31:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/CkTxOwDv_CK/

Now this goon is saying the Carroll isn't being released? Or atleast that the best colorway is just some friends and family bullshit. FUCK YOU VANS

[close]

Damn after the timberland vans and humidity ones and now this I’m convinced vans actually hates skateboarders . Also the fact that the Crockett hi is seemingly one of the most skated models by their team lately and yet I haven’t even seen them in their stores lately. Man fuck vans.
[close]

they are wearing the lizzie

I'm calling BS on "not releasing" there are some pics floating online where you can clearly see the sample tags and the date when they're releasing. Fall next year.

This sounds like some "I have some insiders info" (but I really really really don't, but I act like I do) kind of BS ...

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
« Reply #46833 on: October 31, 2022, 04:41:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

These??

https://www.google.com/search?q=half+cab+2&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS914US914&hl=en-US&prmd=isvn&sxsrf=ALiCzsZV2oN__hLveAz9JrIs_CwzLt2IEA:1667213681858&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjq9JX6por7AhUiMEQIHa_AAgYQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=320&bih=532&dpr=3#imgrc=l0qf3tQQ_NQhUM&imgdii=hp2-aLOlHN6WjM

yall sure they weren't these?

I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #46834 on: October 31, 2022, 05:14:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

These??

[close]

Ah nah neither of those. I might have to try find them go thru all my old magazines see if I can find a pic.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #46835 on: October 31, 2022, 06:09:02 AM »
Wasn’t that half cab your talking about one of Dollin’s models? He had a bulky mid-top with a jazz stripe before his nu-skool model, in fact Dollin had lots of weird models in the beginning…
Nothing has, or ever will, too those Rowley shams though, fav vans model hands down!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46836 on: October 31, 2022, 06:31:42 AM »
Wasn’t that half cab your talking about one of Dollin’s models? He had a bulky mid-top with a jazz stripe before his nu-skool model, in fact Dollin had lots of weird models in the beginning…
Nothing has, or ever will, too those Rowley shams though, fav vans model hands down!
Ah nah I think dollins model at the time was the swindle that looked like a vans Koston 3. I had some dollin no skool 2s that were chunky (by today's standards, fine at the time) mids with the jazz stripe but that was a few years later.
Think I opened a can of worms here.
Shams and ipath Panthers are the all time wanted but never got shoes tho.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #46837 on: October 31, 2022, 06:44:34 AM »
Highly speculative, but the bottom left kind of looks like black upper / white sole colorway of the Vans Carrol. Seen in Andrew Allen's stories.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46838 on: October 31, 2022, 07:23:30 AM »
Highly speculative, but the bottom left kind of looks like black upper / white sole colorway of the Vans Carrol. Seen in Andrew Allen's stories.

That dude is one the BoS guys and those are the BoS MCs with the white tongue

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #46839 on: October 31, 2022, 07:53:05 AM »
I knew I was gonna be wrong

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46840 on: October 31, 2022, 11:07:18 AM »
WKND making some real interesting designs not sure how it works, hopefully there's a video explaining but looks like you almost won't even need a deck.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CkWK2n8PuoL/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #46841 on: October 31, 2022, 11:54:37 AM »
I love how the dog is holding a skateboard to look cool!

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #46842 on: October 31, 2022, 12:27:03 PM »
WKND making some real interesting designs not sure how it works, hopefully there's a video explaining but looks like you almost won't even need a deck.

Funny because a video popped up on my youtube about this collab.

Apparently Jordan Taylor skates with this pro "blader?" who skates for that brand and he also sponsors them though his clothing brand. The collab is kind of a big deal for rollerbladers because collabs with another brand outside of their scene is rare for them.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46843 on: October 31, 2022, 12:40:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Apparently Jordan Taylor skates with this pro "blader?" who skates for that brand and he also sponsors them though his clothing brand. The collab is kind of a big deal for rollerbladers because collabs with another brand outside of their scene is rare for them.
Bald guy with a beard? Same that's how I knew they existed o don't actually follow whatever french roller blading insta that is lol. Now I'm going down the rabbit hole of what I'm guessing is rollerbladings gifted hater which is some other British guy but with a red beard. Much like skating to rollerblading he is similar yet way more annoying

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2224
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46844 on: October 31, 2022, 12:49:06 PM »

Are we talking about this one?

That's from a Transworld Buyer's guide I took the pic of forever ago because I think about that shoe a lot. Specifically because it seemed the closest to a Carroll I thought we would get. But also never saw a pair of those in person either ahah.

Im going to keep my faith in Watson having seen them coming soon rather than be aware that Vans made a bunch of shoes for everyone but their customers

Not to mention there’s been three colorways seen.   But holy shit if I don’t get that brown gum one…

These are the only ones I can confirm have been offered to our shop:

I'll take em but obviously hoping the navy/white and the brown/gum are released as well. (And gimme a Beef/Broccoli too please.)

Doesn't look like this is from the Skate line? Like all those Blazer hybrid boots and shit Nike does aren't from SB. I'm not mad at them for casual wear in snowy environments.

The Timberland Vans are from the skate line. They are going to be a limited release to top-tier accounts.

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #46845 on: October 31, 2022, 12:53:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Bald guy with a beard? Same that's how I knew they existed o don't actually follow whatever french roller blading insta that is lol. Now I'm going down the rabbit hole of what I'm guessing is rollerbladings gifted hater which is some other British guy but with a red beard. Much like skating to rollerblading he is similar yet way more annoying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXA4sfxI4o

Lol yes this guy, he reminds me of Anthony Fantano.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #46846 on: October 31, 2022, 01:20:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

These??

[close]

What model is this they look amazing

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #46847 on: October 31, 2022, 01:47:36 PM »
Rowley Shams

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46848 on: October 31, 2022, 02:39:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's from a Transworld Buyer's guide I took the pic of forever ago because I think about that shoe a lot. Specifically because it seemed the closest to a Carroll I thought we would get. But also never saw a pair of those in person either ahah.

Expand Quote
Im going to keep my faith in Watson having seen them coming soon rather than be aware that Vans made a bunch of shoes for everyone but their customers

Not to mention there’s been three colorways seen.   But holy shit if I don’t get that brown gum one…
[close]

I'll take em but obviously hoping the navy/white and the brown/gum are released as well. (And gimme a Beef/Broccoli too please.)

Expand Quote
Doesn't look like this is from the Skate line? Like all those Blazer hybrid boots and shit Nike does aren't from SB. I'm not mad at them for casual wear in snowy environments.
[close]

The Timberland Vans are from the skate line. They are going to be a limited release to top-tier accounts.

If those aren’t them, then I’ll eat my hat

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -484
« Reply #46849 on: October 31, 2022, 09:22:36 PM »
Not super relevant but I didn’t feel it deserved it’s own thread . The new thrasher has an ad for Nora’s shoe but it’s featuring Carl aikens. Whose name is actually way bigger than Nora’s. it’s So weird to launch a pro model and not even be the person in the ads for it. I’m guessing they don’t have much faith in the shoe. I give it 3 seasons . I forget how to post pics from iPhone or id post the ad.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46850 on: October 31, 2022, 10:54:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If those aren’t them, then I’ll eat my hat
Yes thankyou that is definatly them.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46851 on: November 01, 2022, 01:29:46 AM »
Also, $55?!

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #46852 on: November 01, 2022, 02:55:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

These??

[close]

[close]

Vans Rowley (Shams), his third pro model

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46853 on: November 01, 2022, 04:39:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

These??

[close]

[close]

[close]

https://sk8shoesba.com/notas-vans-x-rowley/

Felt like they were barely released.  Never saw them in person.  Always wanted the all brown ones

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #46854 on: November 01, 2022, 05:23:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Yep, those white ones are the ones. In black they looked very rad and quite close to the MC.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #46855 on: November 01, 2022, 05:47:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

These??

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

https://sk8shoesba.com/notas-vans-x-rowley/

Felt like they were barely released.  Never saw them in person.  Always wanted the all brown ones
probably 2-3 seasons at most, I had the brown/ grey two-tone ones. Rowley dropped too many models in concession so the newer ones (bar the Rowley 1) always drowned out the previous models.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -48
« Reply #46856 on: November 01, 2022, 09:38:17 AM »
I was a huge proponent of the Rowley sham when I was a wee lad. Made me feel like a scouser. Sick ass shoe.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #46857 on: November 01, 2022, 02:23:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

those carrolls....i just came

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46858 on: November 01, 2022, 06:20:14 PM »
Saw these on the slappy god's (abe bethal) instagram story. He just recently opened a shop so im assuming they are going to carry them. I dont have any info on them but figured someone else might....Anybody know anything about Opus or what it is all about? Shoes dont look too bad from the picture. I wonder who is behind this company. No posts on their page yet

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #46859 on: November 02, 2022, 08:45:02 AM »
Saw these on the slappy god's (abe bethal) instagram story. He just recently opened a shop so im assuming they are going to carry them. I dont have any info on them but figured someone else might....Anybody know anything about Opus or what it is all about? Shoes dont look too bad from the picture. I wonder who is behind this company. No posts on their page yet

Dennys Han, Former Senior Footwear Designer at HUF. Former Senior Footwear Designer at Sole Technology.